Author Topic: Binge caps  (Read 9067 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Binge caps
« on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 22:16:47 »
Is there a limit per person? I did not want to be greedy, but at the same time there are lots of perty colors.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Re: Binge caps
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 22:18:20 »
Then be "just ok greedy"!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 22:21:49 »
No limit - low stock - go nuts!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 22:26:05 »
Binge caps are so awesome!

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 22:38:48 »
Postage $9 international seems very expensive, i was locked in until then.

It is a shame, i really love the caps, unless i were to bundle a few caps in i cannot justify it.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 23:03:22 »
In for a metallic set. Free shipping is nice!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 23:06:43 »
@cottonsox

International shipping is not cheap, sadly USPS doesn't want us to share apparently.

Perhaps you could but something else to make it worthwhile.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 23:10:15 »
I was looking at a couple colors, but they went so quick.

Maybe if there is a round 2 of the colors i missed out on it might be justified, but when shipping is over %50 of the cost of the item its not worth it in my books.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:28:34 »
Wow... sorry to say, but international shipping is expensive, and $9 is child's play in relation to how much it inflates up to. A shame you can't just accept the facts of that, because there isn't much that can be done otherwise, unless Binge moves to Australia.

Its my understanding that prices of items are more expensive there in general because the high price of shipping makes them more expensive. In such a case, if makes it easier for you to stomach, just add shipping to the price, and consider that amount how much it costs to get that item. Complaining about shipping being half the price of an item serves no purpose or changes nothing and you're going to find that there's even possibilities where shipping is more than the price of an item when shipping internationally. Sad state of what international buyers live with today, but it is what it is.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:35:05 »
Wow... sorry to say, but international shipping is expensive, and $9 is child's play in relation to how much it inflates up to. A shame you can't just accept the facts of that, because there isn't much that can be done otherwise, unless Binge moves to Australia.

Its my understanding that prices of items are more expensive there in general because the high price of shipping makes them more expensive. In such a case, if makes it easier for you to stomach, just add shipping to the price, and consider that amount how much it costs to get that item. Complaining about shipping being half the price of an item serves no purpose or changes nothing and you're going to find that there's even possibilities where shipping is more than the price of an item when shipping internationally. Sad state of what international buyers live with today, but it is what it is.

Yup. Sad but true. Just wait till you start trying to get custom keyboards shipped to Australia, Cotton! You'll **** a brick.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:41:44 »

You mistake my comment as a complaint, Was just a statement of fact.

I understand shipping is not free and first hand know the cost can be substantial (Australian options are very expensive also).

The only reason i posted if i have been quoted $5 before for small items such as 1-3 key caps out of the U.S, I believe prices may have changed recently for U.S international mailing, but i am not really up to date with that.

The thing that gets me with international shipping, and i believe it happens for alot of areas not just from U.S. , Is that, I paid roughly $14 Postage for my Poker II out of U.S and it was not inflated in the price of the item as it was a group buy thru mass drop. But 1 key cap will set you back $9. Again please don't take this as a complaint.

If Shipping is more then half the item i am buying i will always draw a line in the ground and not purchase, this was just where i stand.

Sorry to Derail this, i just wanted to clarify.

Also Binge Caps insanely awesome, will be looking at getting in next time when i can get more then 1 packaged up that i want.

« Last Edit: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:43:17 by Cottonsox »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:48:46 »
I would imagine if someone quoted you $5 to ship a cap, there's a likely chance they're probably going to take a loss of shipping. And $14 to ship a Poker II... hard to believe that that came from here at that price without a loss as well.

But now you've missed the moose caps... and they're so beautiful!  :'(

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:54:21 »
The Poker II was Mass drop, so they probably have some deal with whomever they ship with. Probably not a fair comparison in retrospect.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 08:23:36 »

You mistake my comment as a complaint, Was just a statement of fact.

I understand shipping is not free and first hand know the cost can be substantial (Australian options are very expensive also).

The only reason i posted if i have been quoted $5 before for small items such as 1-3 key caps out of the U.S, I believe prices may have changed recently for U.S international mailing, but i am not really up to date with that.

The thing that gets me with international shipping, and i believe it happens for alot of areas not just from U.S. , Is that, I paid roughly $14 Postage for my Poker II out of U.S and it was not inflated in the price of the item as it was a group buy thru mass drop. But 1 key cap will set you back $9. Again please don't take this as a complaint.

If Shipping is more then half the item i am buying i will always draw a line in the ground and not purchase, this was just where i stand.

Sorry to Derail this, i just wanted to clarify.

Also Binge Caps insanely awesome, will be looking at getting in next time when i can get more then 1 packaged up that i want.

One thing to consider and again this is just for information, if the item is shipped in a small bubble mailer versus if the item is shipped in a small box could impact shipping price as well.

A 2oz package sent to Australia in a bubble mailer costs me ~$7 just to ship not counting packaging material costs and/or actually going to post office.

Another a 14oz package also sent to Australia in a small box was $14, again just for the USPS postage.

So $9 for one key cap sounds like a lot but in reality it's not bad at all.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 11:16:16 »
Also prices only recently got crazy starting in 2013, in 2012 and before international shipping was pretty cheap in comparison.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 11:26:52 »
I cried.... so beautiful.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 23:54:49 »
dem purps

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 12:42:27 »
wtb a pink moose skull :(

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 13:29:28 »
there's a pink wasdson that would look great on an arrow cluster iirc  :thumb:

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 11:32:11 »
I'd like to extend something I'm doing to ANYONE who purchased a key through techkeys.us.

I've created a certificate of authenticity for my caps.  People will now know that I totally made their cap with the essence of Binge.  Just post here with a picture of your key with your user ID and a short blurb about how much you love techkeys.us for providing a reliable place to purchase BingeCaps!