Author Topic: [GB] Ragnarok Red on Black 87/104 Keyset: Order Thread [Shipped]  (Read 228224 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
[GB] Ragnarok Red on Black 87/104 Keyset: Order Thread [Shipped]
« on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:16:37 »
ORDERING CLOSED Feb 29th! There are a couple of leftover full size sets for sale HERE The price is $85.

Alright, here we go again. After much discussion, the "Blood" keyset integrated into Round 4 has been rescued by me and is happening now. This group buy is going to be quick, simple, and more efficient than any previous group buy I have run. Generally participants of previous group buys can skip most of this, as not much other than prices and shipping have changed. As these keys come in much higher quantities, bubble mailers are not an option. There should not be a problem for those ordering up to 2, even 3 sets in a flat rate box, but if you buy several expect your shipping rate to double for a second box.

The Ragnarok keyset:
87 Doubleshot keys + an extra Enter key using the custom legend "Execute" (88 keys in total)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 40967[/ATTACH]

Windows key will use the Windows 8 logo, form key will be standard. Expect a Biohazard symbol group buy for those looking for an OS agnostic version to happen immediately after orders close for this set.
I've photoshopped the above image as much as I care to but you get the idea. Legends for the Windows and form keys are going to be standard, as most people around have their own custom modifier keys by now anyways. If anyone has any better ideas, shoot. Arrows etc are not final, Melissa didn't even get this exact image, they are just using their standard DCS set. I will make sure we don't have issues like "Back Space" though.

Its basically going to look a lot like this.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 40968[/ATTACH]

The specific color code is RA on NN, exactly the same as the Terran keycap from the SC2 group buy (the inspiration behind this.)

In addition, I am offering several compatibility kits for use with various keyboards aside from the basic 87 key set. How this works is that you buy the 87 key set, and then choose which, if any, add on kits you want to suit your needs. That way the people just looking for the base set, which is what this group buy was originally limited to, don't have to pay more for keys they don't need. The kits start off expensive, but I told you from the start they would be. Any kits that get less than 15 takers will be dropped. Judging from the interest check, only ISO could have a problem with this. It would be really nice to get them to 25, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Tsangan's Combatibility Kit

Makes the 87 kit compatible with winkeyless keyboards such as Phantom, Dox, Cherry 1800, DKSaver, 356CL, Choc Mini, and many more! Ask Tsangan for clarification if you are unsure.
Contains 11 keys
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41106[/ATTACH]
Ignore the color of course, but that gives a good idea of what you get.
2 Alt (1.5x)
2 Ctrl (1.5x)
These are just the bottom row in 1.5x size

2 "Star" 1x keys that fit row 4

2 Diamond/Meta/Super (1x keys)
This will go between the Alt and Control and is a 1x size key, with a Windows logo legend (Or we could do a diamond, more Phantom buyers need to speak up)

1 Stepped CapsLock
Same size as the capslock but it's stepped. The stem is off center. I repeat, it is not center stemmed.

1 1800 Shift (1.75x)
This is a short shift in 1.75x size for the right shift so you can fit another 1x key beside it

1 Spacebar (7x)
Just longer then your average spacebar this one would be 7x size and it needs to be centre stem.

The 104 Kit
The 17 keys that make up the tenkey and its surrounding keys. Basically making this set compatible with full size ANSI keyboards.

The ISO Kit
3 Key set providing compatibility with various ISO keyboards. This set is not language specific, but a sortof hybrid US ISO layout meant to be non region specific. The problem with this kit is that it doesn't have enough interest and is in jeopardy of being dropped, that and because of the J shaped return it is obnoxiously expensive. Unless the ISO people come out of the woodwork and get the counts to where the price is where everyone can agree on being willing to pay for, it will be dropped. The legend for the 3th key next to the small left shift is up for suggestion, as it has no universal legend. The legend for the other not obvious key is \ and |.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 41438[/ATTACH]

Rules and Notes

Payment by Paypal only, do not order if you do not have a verified account yet, and get one if you want these.

Country must be specified with your order, US, CAN or whatever country you're in.

My time is not free, I'm orchestrating this group buy because I want these keys myself, but I cannot be asked to spend the great deal of time that this requires without some compensation. I feel it's pretty reasonable for me to ask for $1 out of the shipping cost as a handling fee. This has become standard for my group buys and the feedback I've gotten has been positive so if you have any complaints please enjoy the round 4 ordering process. Unlike the other group buys, there is not much ability for me to buy extras and make this worth my time, so for the sake of convenience and to make it a little more worthwhile, the prices for the kits have all been rounded up to the next dollar or so.

No trolls allowed. (Except for Ripster) >.>

I might be ordering extras, how many depends on our total orders and quantity discounts, but they are quite expensive to invest in. Whatever extra sets I do buy will be marked up to try and recoup some money for my time invested. If we hit somewhere past the "Magic Number" for the next discount, do not expect me to give that discount to everyone and buy the extras that make it cheaper, because if you do the math its over $1000 for me to do it. Simply stated, the magic number doesn't exist, and doesn't help anyone but me if I decide to order more and not share the discount. There has been plenty of vehement discussion on this, and I will not go through it all again here. Since there is not much of a way for me to earn any money at all off of this group buy, (the $1 is completely insignificant and really just pays for my gas... and we're probably going to only be doing 50 orders or so.) I reserve the right to take advantage of quantity discounts if the numbers don't happen, honestly it would be really nice of everyone to only get like 45 orders and let me pocket the $500 (plus whatever I'd get for selling the extra 5 sets,) but I don't expect that to happen, nor will I cut off orders preemptively to try and screw people out of a discount. I think everyone here knows by now that this whole gig runs on mutual respect and amicability between everyone. I've built a pretty decent reputation here and I don't intend to betray that.

Instructions

1. Specify which keys you want in both a response to this thread and a PM. I am tallying orders from PMs, not from responses to this thread. The only difference between your reply and PM is that you include your Paypal email and your shipping address this timein the PM. I will be sending the Paypal invoice to this email. When you get that email, please pay immediately, there won't be much time if you want to get these by March/April- it depends entirely on SP's lead time.
-The PM should also include which country you are in, US or Canada etc. Please put Ragnarok somewhere in the PM title and Question if it is a question. You can edit your order as many times as you want up until orders close and invoices start going out. Just be sure to send another pm and indicate somewhere in it that you want to change an order and it isn't a new one.

2. Check for your name in the list of confirmed orders in the OP. Expect it to be updated generally within 48 hours, if you don't see it, I haven't gotten your order yet and you need to repost/resend your PM. If I didn't add you to the list it may be because YOU DID IT WRONG. So double check you shiz and make sure it's correct before resending. I will try my best to respond back to clear up any confusion but don't count on it.

3. Wait for the orders to close, and when they do, expect an email from me asking for payment. I'm going to be calculating everyone's individual cost via a really cool excel doc I've whipped up and it's kinda what my major is so there shouldn't be any errors. Nevertheless, if you do the math based upon the final count in the OP and calculate your cost to be different, then respond ASAP to clear it up. When you pay the invoice, your shipping address will probably be included, but I will be shipping to the address in your PM over what is in Paypal.

4. Wait for keycaps to show up. I will be providing updates in new posts as my work progresses so keep an eye on the thread.

5. ????????

6. Type until the end of the world?

Pricing

FINAL PRICES IN BOLD

Ragnarok

25  keysets     $72.00
50  keysets     $53.00
75  keysets     $46.00
100 keysets    $45.00

Tsangan (Updated to include the extra 2 1x keys)

15 keysets     $33.00
25 keysets     $23.00
50 keysets     $14.00
75 keysets     $11.00
100 keysets $10.00

15 keysets     $28.00
25 keysets     $20.00
50 keysets     $14.00
75 keysets     $12.00
100 keysets $10.00

No Longer contains the JRET, get a blank from R4.
ISO
5 keysets $18.00
10 keysets $11.00
15 keysets $9.00
25 keysets $6.00
50 keysets $5.00

As you may note, ISO was significantly more expensive, the explanation for that is that the J shaped return cannot be run with anything else, and thus costs a lot more. I was surprised and disappointed with this, but unless everyone buying ISO agreed to pay those obscene rates, it wasn't going to work. Thus it is now a 3 key set without the JRET.

Quantity discounts are not shared between keysets. For example, the Tsangan keysets ordered do not count toward the 104 sets ordered, the combined count does not matter.

Shipping + Handling (Prices went up last time I went there)

US Options:
$6.50 ($5.50 + $1 handling... Flat rates went up in price.) A medium or large flat rate box that may be necessary if you order a large quantity of keys. Up to 3 base sets.

Medium Flat Rate box: $12.50 More than 3 base sets to probably any order in this group buy.

Canada Options:
Canada didn't go up in price so its still $15.

Medium Flat Rate box: $34

International:
$18 Small flat rate box

Medium Flat Rate box: $49

All of these will ship in the Priority flat rate boxes, which is what these rates are based off of. Seriously the flat rate international small box rate is now $17. I lost money on the orders that paid $15 last time. I am not happy about this either but unless I can find an affordable substitute for boxes before I start collecting money these are the prices. Boxes are much more expensive to buy, so I'm going to take a look at various options but don't expect them to magically go down 10 dollars in price. Multiple boxes and potentially insurance may be required for large orders. I will work with those buyers to ensure fair shipping.

Extra large orders will be custom quoted via PM.

Paypal fees:

3% + $0.30 and is calculated in the invoicing. If you must gift it, arrangements must be made via PM.

Sample order PM:

Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Tsangan
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

ISO
1x Keyset

Email: An.email@googlemail.com (An.email@googlemail.com)

^Be sure it is your paypal email!

Address:
Frank Miller
234 S Doom St
Apt 666
Los Angeles, CA 123456
France

REMEMBER, for your own privacy, do not include your address or email in your post within the thread, but DO include it in your PM! The post within the thread is unofficial and only serves to show the community how popular the group buy is. Don't be a derp!

Order counter:

Ragnarok- 131
Tsangan- 65
104- 42
ISO- 12

Do not forget any of the info in that sample order, I need all of it!

Agan, orders closed February 29th!

Confirmed order list:
  style="width: 113px"
|-
|  style="height: 20px; width: 150px" | Ragnorock
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Ovoxo
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Snowboarder3
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Kaiserreich
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jil_Jil32
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | bazemk1979
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Rinzler
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | HWI
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Wraul
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Balanar
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Metafour
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Zere
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | AJCarrington
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Rainb1ood
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Tsangan
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Bavman
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Rknize
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Soulpyre
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Shawn 0
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Placebo Guy
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Kisakuku
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | DreamingFTW
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Changdrew
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | DanGWanG
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Rourouni815
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | ProjectD
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Mkawa
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Zwi
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | WorldExclusive
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Gilgam
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Litster
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Gridlock
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Korne
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Laggy-Gaga
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Telepete
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | JonnyBastard
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Captain
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Tea_Rum
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Swede
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Zehkul
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | mark0331
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Feng
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Biochem
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jinzo.pk3
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Pjpettis
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Elton5354
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | WhiteFireDragon
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Boost
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Phil21
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Royalsego
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | MrPhil
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Duncan
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | WRXChris
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | TheSoulHunter
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jophess
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | LightsOut714
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Fstop
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Hoochi
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | zzspectrez
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Monja
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Haggle
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Famine
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Mafioso
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Pettijohn
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Kaen
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Leotnnz
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Mike Rowe
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jesterfox
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | MickD
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Game Theory
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Gimpster
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jrockroll
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Kikkobots
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jc_III
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Bionicroach
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Genkigavin
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Thegunner100
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Inlikeflynn
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Useless_People
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Gus.s
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Dewaere
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Popol
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Oxblood
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | RcolinTaylor
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Weapon
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Ahlitah
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Blazestorm
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Hatsuharu
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Prava
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Taeyoung
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Marclgw
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | M_Eganos
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Nighted
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Tubby
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Tennobanzai
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Biolaser
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | FusRoDah
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Nokcha
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Ryuhyoko
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Von Steve
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | iOSfan
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | RiffRaff
|-
|  style="height: 20px" | Jpm804
|-

103 Buyers

Cheers!
Dave out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 13:48:25 by Moderation Team »

Offline Ovoxo

Ragnarok Red on Black 87/104 Keyset: Order Thread [Shipped]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:22:10 »
In for Ragnarok Keyset x 1

Thanks for putting this together!

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:22:16 »
You are making sure to include the Filco+Leopold combination spacebar, correct?
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:28:50 »
Ragnarok - 1

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:29:55 »
In for the normal TKL ragnarok set (haha you named it after yourself), but let me make sure first. So much reading lol.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:54:58 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:30:20 »
Ragnarok
2x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 04:33:38 by kaiserreich »

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:43:01 »
Ragnarok x1

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
"Ragnarok" Doubleshot Red on Black 87/104 Keyset
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:47:50 »
Put me down for these two (2)

Ragnarok
1x Keyset - 1

1x Keyset - 1

Thanks Dave.

Have already PM'ed you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 04:10:47 by Elrick »

Offline balanar

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 03:52:48 »
In for 1x ragnarok. Will be PMing you shortly.

Offline Rinzler

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 04:59:59 »
1 x Ragnarok. Kthx.

Offline HWI

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 05:13:55 »
Ragnarok Keyset x1
Bottom Out Like A Boss
Razer BWU | Ducky DK-1087 | Noppoo Choc Mini | CM Storm QFR | KBT Race

Offline Wraul

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 05:30:18 »
Just PMed you with the following order

Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

ISO
1x Keyset

Offline metafour

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 05:54:26 »
Just so I'm clear, if there are 45-49 orders for the base set you're going to buy the extra sets necessary to reach the 50 sets price point but everyone would still pay the 25 sets price?

Anyway,

Ragnarok
1x Keyset

PM incoming!
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 06:08:38 by metafour »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 07:28:56 »
PM'ed you for an order.

Ragnarock
1x
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 08:01:28 »
Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

Also, I vote for a diamond key instead of a windows key in the phantom kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 08:14:31 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 08:22:38 »
Diamond over win key!
Keyboardless

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 08:26:00 »
Nooo.
If can have somethings like the "splat" one... YES!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 09:06:00 »
Splat keys are ugly

Offline balanar

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 09:13:03 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;517715
Nooo.
If can have somethings like the "splat" one... YES!

What kind of 'splat' keys are we talking about here?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 09:17:55 »
Cc made some keys that look like they have blood on them. If that's the splat keys he's talking about.

Ugly IMO. Diamond ftw

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 09:29:26 »
PM sent

Ragnarok
x1 Keyset

One question, is the diamond super/meta key available in 1.25 also? (For filco)

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:00:37 »
1 Base
1 Phantom Add-on

Diamond over anyone once again
Keyboardless

Offline balanar

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:09:25 »
Haha now I know which splat you guys were talking about and I can see why that'll be a perfect fit seeing this set's links with blood and what not.. Aren't there a number of diamond modifier sets? The splat would be something new and unique (not counting cc's creation).

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:22:04 »
blood splatter design is a very love it or hate it design, while the diamond is almost a universal design where you won't really love it or hate it.

Choices are Diamond/Meta/Window key, NOT splat, also there's legends fee required for that also.
Keyboardless

Offline balanar

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:26:58 »
Hmm I get what you mean and honestly, I kinda feel like we shouldn't just rip off cc's design without asking him for permission or not even then. So.... my vote is for diamond!

Offline bavman

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:34:16 »
1x tkl kit

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:37:59 »
Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

Diamond key, please.
Russ

Offline balanar

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:40:04 »
Quote from: ripster;517767
Ripping off ClickClack ideas?!?!?!??!

There aren't many bannable offenses at Geekhack but that is one of them.

Yup I guess I agree. I want to stay on at geekhack and spend thousands more of my money here so don't ban me for briefly wanting splats on my keyboard please!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:53:25 »
And they are ugly. Look more like bloody semen than anything.

Offline balanar

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 10:59:21 »
Eww.

Offline Soulpyre

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:03:34 »
PM sent

Ragnorock
1x keyset

1x keyset
TX 1800 - 62g Clears
KMAC LE - GON's Nerd PCB 62g Clears
KPAD - 62g Clears
KBT Race - Browns, Ducky Shine 4 - Browns

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:09:31 »
Quote from: demik;517785
And they are ugly. Look more like bloody semen than anything.

You should have that checked out.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:21:43 »
Ragnarok
1x Keyset - 1

1x Keyset - 1

Offline shawn o

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:23:00 »
Keep it exactly as pictured with stock modifiers. If people want something else do extra keys.

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:42:13 »
Damn shawn o, we should send package together to save on shipping. =P

Ragnarok
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline metafour

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:49:01 »
I'd prefer anything other than the Windows logo. Super/Meta, diamonds, blank, etc.

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 11:52:19 »
Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

Empty wallet logo on the modifiers.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:20:41 »
Quote from: RColinTaylor;517649
You are making sure to include the Filco+Leopold combination spacebar, correct?

Of course!

Quote from: metafour;517686
Just so I'm clear, if there are 45-49 orders for the base set you're going to buy the extra sets necessary to reach the 50 sets price point but everyone would still pay the 25 sets price?

Anyway,

Ragnarok
1x Keyset

PM incoming!

Simply put, yes. However it isn't the up to 50 I am concerned about, I have wanted to do more than 50 orders from the start and I will be pretty disappointed if it doesn't. Since the discount for 75 puts us well below what everyone is expecting to pay anyways, I was thinking more about that. I already have 25 PMs in my inbox btw, and we have like 2 weeks till orders close hitting 75 shouldn't even be a problem. What I would really like to see is people hitting the 25 discount for the add on sets, that is what will make it more expensive for those people.

Regardless, I'll give you some math though to justify it.

Lets use Triforce as an example. I paid about $0.20 for each extra key I bought after taking advantage of the price difference between the 200 and 100 price points. I'm now selling them for $4, making $3.80 on each key. This is my biggest opportunity to profit from the last group buy. After mistakes/miscalculations, I have about 55 keys to sell, making me a cool $288, and it only required me to do without $16 for the time it takes me to sell them. (This is all public knowledge by now and if you flame me for it your order gets cancelled.) Compare that to the Nyancat Set, which cost me $145 out of pocket and made me $375, I make $230 but the margins are lower while the investment is much higher. Now lets apply that to this group buy, in which the costs are much higher still than the Nyancat set.

If I was to buy extra Ragnarok keysets, say for the sake of example we do get 50 orders, and I want to buy up to 75 for the next discount anyways. That amounts to ($3375-2600) an additional investment of $775. Some members will be like well yeah, but think of it this way, you only paid $31 a keyset, which is a fantastic deal. Since there is not much room to sell these for profit, I'd probably only be able to unload them in a reasonably quick timeframe pricing them at $60. So I make $29 per keyset. I have 25 to sell, so I make a cool $725, which is a great profit, but wait, who do I sell them to? If nobody on here had bought them I could sell them in that reasonably quick timeframe, but finding a bunch of people who aren't already in on this is probably my biggest concern. That and I simply don't have $775 sitting around I can comfortably do without for a couple of months or more. For individual keys, the margins are much better, and the initial investment I can afford, so it is best for me to just get this group buy done quickly so I can get back to doing individual keys. Like I said before, it would be really nice if everyone was willing to pay a higher price so I could make a decent return for the time I'll be putting into this one, but I don't expect that of you. Essentially, unless I luck out and orders stall at like 65-70, I'm going to make maybe, MAYBE $100 off of this group buy. At 65 orders I essentially get 10 keysets that don't cost me anything to buy and I can try to sell them for $50-60 and try and make my usual $500-1000 in compensation I have been. This has basically become my job while in school, and I treat it like one. However, I love this community and again, am doing this group buy more so that everyone can get some damn doubleshots than for my own rent payment.

Anyways, my comment in the OP about how it would be really nice for me if everyone wanted to thank me by stalling it at like 49 sets and paying $70 was a bit of sarcasm, but it would mean I get like $830 in exchange for doing it and have one extra set to sell, so near as makes no difference $900. That would fall right in line with what I would want to make off of a group buy, but I do not expect that nor want that to happen, I would be much happier with stalling at 65 sets, as I then can get the keysets into the hands of more people and make that money by selling them, not just for taking advantage of the quantity discounts. Between 65 and 75 I actually make less as it gets closer to 75, its just that I have less kits to sell and less burden to bear.

Sorry for the longcat response but I wanted to be clear on this, full disclosure etc.

Quote from: rainb1ood;517734
PM sent

Ragnarok
x1 Keyset

One question, is the diamond super/meta key available in 1.25 also? (For filco)

Yes, by default, the base set comes with the 1.25x modifiers for the bottom row. The whole talk about 1.5x shenanigans is just so that guys with the Phantom keyboard can order extra keys in order to ensure Phantom compatibility. Disclaimer though, I know nothing about the Phantom keyboard, so if any of what is listed in the OP is incorrect, send your torches and pitchforks over to Tsangan.

Quote from: Kisakuku;517836
Ragnarok
1x Keyset

Phantom
1x Keyset

1x Keyset

Empty wallet logo on the modifiers.

That would be amazing lol. It looks like we're going to go with the diamond logo though, I've only gotten one vote for the windows key, and I personally despise Windows anyways. The blood splatter key wasn't something I was interested with or without an additional fee, for the reasons many have said before. In my next emails to Melissa I will ask her how big of a deal it would be to do one more custom key and have an empty wallet logo, and if there is no cutting fee for it I'll do it, would be great lol. (That would be the menu/meta or whatever key on the right side of the spacebar only) In the meantime we should get Hazel to see what he can do to make a logo that would work for a doubleshot. Honestly that is the biggest hurdle since you don't have much to work with.

Dave out.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:44:06 »
Diamond keys for all!
Keyboardless

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:47:54 »
Quote from: tsangan;517955
Diamond keys for all!

I agree. After all, a diamond is just a top view of an empty wallet.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:49:50 »
I don't own a traditional wallet :/

More like a money clip with openings for cards.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:51:14 »
Also not a huge fan of the wallet thing but dunno if that's just me, as long as that's an extra key and I don't need to use it I'm fine
Keyboardless

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:52:50 »
Yeah I may have been still a little groggy when I mulled that over. Its probably not going to work, I don't see in my head how a wallet with money coming out of it would look good as a doubleshot.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:54:29 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;517963
Yeah I may have been still a little groggy when I mulled that over. Its probably not going to work, I don't see in my head how a wallet with money coming out of it would look good as a doubleshot.

Now we're on the same page :P
Keyboardless

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 13:57:43 »
Whatever happened to the phantom doubleshot idea?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:00:36 »
Quote from: demik;517971
Whatever happened to the phantom doubleshot idea?

Not enough interest ._.
Keyboardless

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:02:58 »
That sucks.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:04:07 »
Phantom double shot? The keycap with the Phantom Mask logo? I'll be in for 5 :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:08:48 »
ragnarok
1x keyset

« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:12:58 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Kisakuku

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 14:09:39 »
I'm still amazed anybody would take my suggestions seriously.