Author Topic: [GB] Vortex Thick PBT Dyesub 104-Keyset [Shipped]  (Read 159485 times)

Offline Vintage

Re: [GB] Vortex Thick PBT Dyesub 104-Keyset [Shipping Out]
« Reply #600 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 16:44:43 »
As long as I get mine before the next thick pbt GB so that I would know if I want another set for sure or not I'll be happy  ;D
You mean Lysol's two tone PBT set or another? Just curious.  :p
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #601 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 20:33:48 »
As long as I get mine before the next thick pbt GB so that I would know if I want another set for sure or not I'll be happy  ;D
You mean Lysol's two tone PBT set or another? Just curious.  :p
None specific. Yet, if there's one getting my attention and I have not received these, I will be in a tough dilemma. Nothing so bad, but you see, these hard decisions!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline JPG

« Reply #602 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 21:31:48 »
Any update on the shipping of the last colored sets?

Offline Vintage

« Reply #603 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 21:40:06 »
He told me on the 21st in a PM that the last WYSE sets were not received yet from China because the supplier did not have enough white sets to dye. So apparently he is/was waiting for the remaining sets. :( Hopefully it won't take as long as before because we don't have to worry about Chinese new year this time.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #604 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:06:14 »
feng, I sent you a message two days ago but you haven't answered yet, I hope you see this.

My two sets arrived, one WISE and another GREY one. There was a keycap missing in each of them: on the WISE set the Pageg Up key is missing (actually you sent me two Page Down keys and no Page Up on this set), on the GREY set the Down arrow key is missing. I hope you make this right and send me the two missing keys.

It's also relevant to remind that the grey on both sets are of different tonality, so they shouldn't be mixed when sending them. Right now I'm using the GREY set with a borrowed Down arrow key from my WISE set, but it sucks that they're different tonality since the GREY set has darker keys. Meanwhile the other set is useless.

EDIT: Well, there's a guy on the previous page with 2x Pg UP keys. It seems our keys got mixed. If feng doesn't do it right and ship us the right keys, I think we can at least work out a trade. Still, shame on you, Vortex.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:12:39 by bardomudo »

Offline Pazuru

« Reply #605 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 10:22:45 »
Any update to the shipping list? It's been a month since the last one.
Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (Red)    |    KBT Pure (Brown)

Offline pasph

« Reply #606 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 11:15:38 »
I'll stop taking orders on January 15th, 2013. (If we can survive from 2012. :P)

pasph (paid)

After 4 months i want to know where are my keycaps
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #607 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 16:45:14 »
I'll stop taking orders on January 15th, 2013. (If we can survive from 2012. :P)

pasph (paid)

After 4 months i want to know where are my keycaps

Right behind ya buddy!
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline IlikeGravy

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 15:07:09 »
Any chance you will be stocking these black colorway? I saw them on their facebook.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #609 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 15:10:28 »
Any chance you will be stocking these black colorway? I saw them on their facebook.

Show Image

Just in case you didn't know, these aren't THICK PBT's. At least I think I know they're not. They're nice though.

Offline Dsan

« Reply #610 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 10:02:56 »
I received my keycaps today but I got 2 Pg Up keys and no Pg Down.Any chance to have this fixed?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #611 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 18:01:23 »
I received my keycaps today but I got 2 Pg Up keys and no Pg Down.Any chance to have this fixed?

ur the 3rd one with this problem, I have 2 page up and Feng said that he will mail me the right key.... haven't received anything yet.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #612 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:26:33 »
Yeah, something is seriously wrong. I got 2 Page Down and feng haven't answered my message yet. 5 months of wait for this is kind of revolting...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #613 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:28:52 »
Hmmm~ That's strange. You should try PMing him again or just wait if it's only been about a day. It seems feng has been busy with school lately. He does usually get back to you though.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #614 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:37:55 »
I messaged him twice this past month or so, but he still haven't answered.  My message was pretty simple, "have my orders (keycap set and aluminium space bar) been shipped yet?"

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #615 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:42:06 »
Still don't have my down arrow....

Set is going to my parts bin. Wonky space bar, missing a key...

Turns out these sets all have warped space bars also which I don't see in any retail set. (I blame warpage on the fact that these sets were probably rushed and not left in their molds long enough to fully solidify.)

Feng - no offense or anything but don't bother sending me the down arrow. No longer interested in this set.

Everybody else - good luck and I hope some day we can find a way to not get warped space bars. Peace out, un-notifying
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #616 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:44:02 »
I'm sorry to hear. FENG WHERE ARE THOU?! There are ppl in distress here :))

For the warped spacebar you can always get hot water into a container/bowl with a flat bottom and then place the spacebar into the water and hold down the sides to straighten it out. I did that and it worked.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #617 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:44:59 »
Turns out these sets all have warped space bars also which I don't see in any retail set. (I blame warpage on the fact that these sets were probably rushed and not left in their molds long enough to fully solidify.)

That's typical of all Thick PBT spacebar. Bend it in hot water or use a hair dryer.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #618 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:23:26 »

That's typical of all Thick PBT spacebar. Bend it in hot water or use a hair dryer.

I am still not convinced the warpage is because they use thick molding. That makes zero logical sense.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #619 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:33:48 »

I am still not convinced the warpage is because they use thick molding. That makes zero logical sense.

well we don't know yet that, I have the Wyse set and when I compare it to Imsto thick PBT the Imsto space bar is as thisk as the rest of the keys, while the WYSE set the white spacebar is not as thick as the rest of the keycaps. Imsto PBT set space bar was straight....

BTW I straighten up the spacebar in hot water, took me less than 1 minute and that's including the soaking time. Easy fix dude, my problem is having 2 same keys in the set :( already contacted feng twice, no answer and its been 3 weeks.

Playing the waiting game here.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #620 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 18:56:47 »
I have to say it's pretty annoying that Feng responds to other threads on GH but not this one (at least not nearly as much)  :(

And, pretty sure the warped spacebar issue is more due to the properties of PBT plastic than the thick molds. Most PBT sets I know of have  similar issues, and it may be one of the reasons that Topre does not make spacebars from PBT.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #621 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:13:03 »
Every single PBT spacebar I've ever owned had some degree of warping. I fixed them all with a hot air blower. Also, the spacebars on this GB are not thick, they're just regular thin PBT.

I can live with the spacebars without a problem. What I cannot accept is the fact that I ordered 2 sets, had 2 missing keys (one for each set) and I haven't even been answered or addressed regarding this problem after a week I contacted feng and after 5 months of waiting for these sets. I want at least the missing keys I paid for.

Put this together with the fact that the grey color in the sets (both WISE and regular Grey) suffer from serious color/tonality variation between keys, that the dyesub process left yellow halos/smearing on the black legends and that a good amount of the keys are scratched, and you're left with completely unsatisfied costumers. Regarding the smearing, I don't know if that's common for dyesub, but it looks pretty bad to me, it's blurry and looks almost pad printed.

Here's what I'm talking about (I had to take missing keys from the second set to make one whole, by the way):

Offline JPG

« Reply #622 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:41:29 »
I still haven't received mine ... I don't even know if it was shipped yet ... I'll keep hope, but damn it's taking quite a while!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #623 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 19:44:40 »
Despite what people have said in here, you should keep looking forward to these. They feel awesome, especially if you've never owned a set of thick PBT's before, and the price was still great.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:43:58 »
Despite what people have said in here, you should keep looking forward to these. They feel awesome, especially if you've never owned a set of thick PBT's before, and the price was still great.

They do feel great and I'd be immensely happy if it weren't for all the problems with them. It's just that, as is, I spent around $100 for two sets that can barely work as one. It's specially upsetting when that's the price of an Imsto dyesub thick PBT set, which apparently does not suffer from any of these problems and it's higher regarded (specially considering the font).

Offline Vintage

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 20:51:38 »
I still haven't received mine ... I don't even know if it was shipped yet ... I'll keep hope, but damn it's taking quite a while!
^^Same

Still looking forward to them becuase I know they will be better than the stock CM storm keycaps  :p

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #626 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 11:23:17 »

Yep, I am in the same boat. Still no response from Feng when I PMed him about my order.
I'm still pretty excited about getting the keys, but it's getting a little frustrating after waiting for so long.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #627 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:42:39 »

They do feel great and I'd be immensely happy if it weren't for all the problems with them. It's just that, as is, I spent around $100 for two sets that can barely work as one. It's specially upsetting when that's the price of an Imsto dyesub thick PBT set, which apparently does not suffer from any of these problems and it's higher regarded (specially considering the font).

What are the problems you've experienced? Missing keycaps? Warped spacebar (this is a common problem in all thick PBT's). I hope things get fixed out for you. The front grows on you too. I initially hated the font too but eventually grew to like it.

^^Same

Still looking forward to them becuase I know they will be better than the stock CM storm keycaps  :p

Yep, I am in the same boat. Still no response from Feng when I PMed him about my order.
I'm still pretty excited about getting the keys, but it's getting a little frustrating after waiting for so long.

Oh trust me, they are a huge improvement :)) I just hope you get them soon!!!

Offline pasph

« Reply #628 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:57:05 »
If he has found the time to put more items on his ebay sells and promote them here
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37758.msg889727#msg889727
I wish he will find the time also to update this thread
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline JPG

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:58:49 »
Yea, still as long as he focus on shipping them, I will be happy.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #630 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:06:06 »
I'm sure he's shipping them out as he receives them in some kind of priority method. It would be nice if he updated his own threads a bit more though.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #631 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:40:06 »
Just got a few more international orders shipped today. There're only a few orders left. I'll deal with the page up/down issue soon.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #632 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 21:25:26 »
So did you receive all of the last sets from China?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #633 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 02:33:26 »

Yes eventually I have enough WYSE keysets to ship.

Offline montroyal

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 05:43:00 »
Am I going to receive my sets (2 grey  and 2 wyse) soon? I PMed you to confirm the changes in the shipping charge a month ago, still haven't got your reply for that. Please please please give me a reply with the confirmation.

Offline JPG

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 20:44:24 »
Any update? Has all the sets been shipped yet?

Offline pasph

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 04:39:22 »
Last OP update was more than 1 month ago...

Offline elton5354

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 14:11:44 »
Despite the lack of communication, I'm glad to say I received my set and all keys are accounted for.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2013, 14:14:19 by elton5354 »

Offline JPG

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 14:16:25 »
So there's hope!

Offline Pazuru

« Reply #639 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 14:48:38 »
Just got my set too. Thanks.
Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (Red)    |    KBT Pure (Brown)

Offline Djankie

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 03:44:41 »
Just got my set, thank you! (Location: Netherlands)

Here some pics :D

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #641 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 05:51:46 »
please reedit your post. we cannot see the pictures.
thanks.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 10:40:20 »

Yes eventually I have enough WYSE keysets to ship.

Feng YGPM from me regarding when you are ready to ship my replacement keycap, I would like to order the red arrow PBT keys so you can ship together everything, check your inbox I sended u message a week a go, thanks.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #643 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 19:04:34 »
Got my keycaps today! Nothing was missing. There was some minor warping on the spacebars, but as mentioned by others in this thread, that is easily fixable.

Thanks Feng!
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline Vintage

« Reply #644 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:47:13 »
Finally got my set!!! ;D

Looks and feels great! Will post picks soon.

Thanks Feng!

Offline JPG

« Reply #645 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 22:28:47 »
Woot! Got my set. It's complete and very nice.

BTW, I had a warped spacebar but the boiling water bowl trick worked very well. As a personal experience, to save my fingers form the hot water, I used a big glass bowl for the water, put the spacebar in position, the used a smaller glass bowl to keep it in place and apply pressure. After doing the process 2-3 times (starting with water not too hot and 10 sec, and increasing the temperature (not too much) and the duration, it was still a little warped at the extremities. So I took it out and very gently bent the extremities to unwarp it and it worked very well.

So pictures will be coming soon. Sadly, I can't find the cable to plug my camera to my computer, but the pics are taken!

Thx Feng!

Offline Vintage

« Reply #646 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 09:28:48 »
Yeah mine is slightly warped as well. I'll get to straightening it later. It's actually not that noticeable when it's on the keyboard tbh.

And Cherry profile is pretty awesome IMO  :p

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 10:02:20 »
Received my set yesterday.  Thanks Feng :)
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline Wheeton

« Reply #648 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 14:15:43 »
Does anyone know if there were any extras for this GB?
Filco MJ-2 TKL Brown | CCnG

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #649 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 15:12:45 »
Does anyone know if there were any extras for this GB?

I have the Wyse set if your interested, used it for few hours only, but it has 2 page up keys instead of page up and page down, been waiting on Feng for almost 4 weeks everysince he promised me to mail that 1 single keycap.
 Damn Feng I really don't know if I want to be part of your GB next time around.