Author Topic: New Cryillic Key Caps at Originative  (Read 9521 times)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: New Cryillic Key Caps at Originative
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 02:56:25 »
how nice if it's triple-shot molding

More
Show Image

Oh. My. Gosh. It's really quad shot. I never thought something like this even existed!

here's some more :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 02:58:07 by bazh »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 05:02:43 »

More
Show Image

Oh. My. Gosh. It's really quad shot. I never thought something like this even existed!

Show Image

Show Image

Is that "Break" pad-printed or dyesub on the front of the ScrLk key?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mougrim

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 08:31:58 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'd bet on "pad-printed". Legends on the front are far less likely to be worn off, so why bother?
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 10:58:23 »
shipping finally updated on my cryillic keyset, it has landed in NJ :thumb:. Should be here tomorrow, sweet :D
sell out and eat ass

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 11:15:21 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'd bet on "pad-printed". Legends on the front are far less likely to be worn off, so why bother?

Agreed, plus the back look of the keycaps showed no plastic shot to the front side, and of course, not necessary to do so
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 11:40:06 »
shipping finally updated on my cryillic keyset, it has landed in NJ :thumb:. Should be here tomorrow, sweet :D

Take pictures.

I want to know if it's real or a bag of peanuts.

Offline avtar

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 13:19:49 »

Take pictures.

I want to know if it's real or a bag of peanuts.

I'd like to see pics as well. I mainly want to get an idea of whether they keycaps are off-white/light grey or bright white.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 13:28:13 »
I'd like to see pics as well. I mainly want to get an idea of whether they keycaps are off-white/light grey or bright white.
They are hellgrau. Off-white.

Hipsterpunks posted pics in another thread :

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline avtar

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 13:37:57 »
They are hellgrau. Off-white.

Hipsterpunks posted pics in another thread :
Show Image

Thanks, those look hella white

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 13:55:31 »
They're a more off white color than that. More of a grey color when I compare with my GMK Olivetti. They're not really super white like in the picture.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 14:00:03 »
Not sure of you guys have seen this, but I thought I'd post it here since it was put on Facebook. Not sure where else it should go:

Happy Friday!

I am sorry for the lack of updates.

The colorful double shots are finally on their way. We ran into 2 problems with the company. Most of the funds were on hold by a middle man company who tried to convert the funds from USD to NTD. The holdup took us more than 6 weeks. There were also problems with the special boxes that your item comes in.

The Full Otaku ran into a dilemma as well through the company. We have everything ready, but we are in need of the winkey set and the 7x space bar. If you want your set shipped (without the winkey and 7x spacebar), then please e-mail us right away. We will ship the other items for free right after.

There are some new products:

- Russian Cyrllic
- Cherry Stabilizers
- Originative boxes
- Blank RGB (thick PBT)
- Light Savers

Things on the way:

- GMK RGB
- Dolch
- SoWaRe
- Titanium and other specialized keys.

Link is: https://www.facebook.com/Originativeco

I think someone else besides Sherry is posting that. And I will say this isn't the first time Originative has simply vanished for months only to re-emerge. I've been here since December '12 and this is the second time this exact cycle has happened.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 14:04:39 »
SoWaRe :D :D

Dammit I keep throwing money at them.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 00:33:16 »
Not sure of you guys have seen this, but I thought I'd post it here since it was put on Facebook. Not sure where else it should go:

Happy Friday!

I am sorry for the lack of updates.

The colorful double shots are finally on their way. We ran into 2 problems with the company. Most of the funds were on hold by a middle man company who tried to convert the funds from USD to NTD. The holdup took us more than 6 weeks. There were also problems with the special boxes that your item comes in.

The Full Otaku ran into a dilemma as well through the company. We have everything ready, but we are in need of the winkey set and the 7x space bar. If you want your set shipped (without the winkey and 7x spacebar), then please e-mail us right away. We will ship the other items for free right after.

There are some new products:

- Russian Cyrllic
- Cherry Stabilizers
- Originative boxes
- Blank RGB (thick PBT)
- Light Savers

Things on the way:

- GMK RGB
- Dolch
- SoWaRe
- Titanium and other specialized keys.

Link is: https://www.facebook.com/Originativeco

I think someone else besides Sherry is posting that. And I will say this isn't the first time Originative has simply vanished for months only to re-emerge. I've been here since December '12 and this is the second time this exact cycle has happened.

Yes. I remember this happening at least once before.

But, we keep buying from them with no communication.

Why?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 00:51:20 »

Why?

Because his keycap sets are so nice?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ebacho

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 01:56:06 »

Why?

There's always Ivan's GBs, but everyone avoids those like the plague for some reason.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 02:30:10 »

Why?

There's always Ivan's GBs, but everyone avoids those like the plague for some reason.

Maybe he's doing something wrong? But yes, there are.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 10:35:35 »

:confused:  What? How? When...  I think something is getting confused.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline avtar

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 10:53:18 »

:confused:  What? How? When...  I think something is getting confused.

The dark grey group buy is the only one that I know of that didn't reach the MOQ. Were there others?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 10:55:16 »
Yep.  Everything else has done very well--especially the wildly popular GMK purple mods and CMYK.  The spacebars did very well, and the new Esc pack too.  And as far as reputation goes, he's one of the best too.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 11:31:13 »
Yep.  Everything else has done very well--especially the wildly popular GMK purple mods and CMYK.  The spacebars did very well, and the new Esc pack too.  And as far as reputation goes, he's one of the best too.

Yeah, Ivan is probably one of the most reputable guys around.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 12:46:33 »

Purple GMK and CMYK were pretty dicey towards the end iirc.  People forget that half the other packs that were offered in the recent Esc buy got axed because nobody wanted them. 

Apologies if it wasn't clear, but I wasn't commenting on Ivan's reputation - I know that's excellent.  But as people have mentioned in the past, we don't have the volume to do larger adapter packs/sets (like the retro mods/spaceboy pack).