Author Topic: Topre spacebars back in stock on EK  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
Topre spacebars back in stock on EK
« on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:44:57 »
Just so the community knows, they're back for sale on the website. I know FC660Cs, HHKBs and RFs all have ABS spacebars and people hate the shine, so this is a great opportunity to stock up on some backups in case your spacebar gets particularly nasty! Grabbed 4 for myself. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:46:44 by Dyslexic »
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Topre spacebars back in stock on EK
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:11:29 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:12:30 »
But what if I have a white HHKB? :(

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:12:53 »

get a black hhkb

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:32:38 »
In well before :p

Hah, I hadn't seen the bump on your topic. I just went on their site this morning to have a look and was surprised to see them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 17:38:26 »

Sadly, like me, you must take alternative measures to prevent shine, such as putting a length of sticky tape across the space bar.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline intelli78

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 20:37:23 »
Just so the community knows, they're back for sale on the website. I know FC660Cs, HHKBs and RFs all have ABS spacebars and people hate the shine, so this is a great opportunity to stock up on some backups in case your spacebar gets particularly nasty! Grabbed 4 for myself. :)

These are not compatible with the FC660C, unless I am missing something...?

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 20:48:42 »
Hope you all realize these newest stock are all flipped space bars.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 21:25:58 »
Hope you all realize these newest stock are all fixed space bars.

FTFY.

EK realized their previous stock was designed incorrectly and has now corrected this issue.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 21:35:01 »

FTFY.

EK realized their previous stock was designed incorrectly and has now corrected this issue.

I bought 2 last time!!

but now I don't even own a topre board....

Offline Dyslexic

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 21:44:42 »

As far as I know the HHKB/RF spacebar is compatible with the FC660C, it's the right shift and modifiers that don't work.

Offline balanar

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 22:30:14 »
Annnnd I got 3! Don't even know how long I'll be keeping my RF 55g but hey this is GH so buy first and worry about that later!

Offline intelli78

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 22:33:22 »

As far as I know the HHKB/RF spacebar is compatible with the FC660C, it's the right shift and modifiers that don't work.

OK, looks like you are right. I stand corrected. :)
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 00:10:08 »

FTFY.

I bought 2 last time!!

but now I don't even own a topre board....

How many will you buy this time?