Author Topic: Black DSA with White Legends?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Hellmark

Black DSA with White Legends?
« on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 13:59:56 »
I am pretty simple when it comes to my tastes, not one for brash colors or anything like that. One of the few sets that got me really going was the DSA Retros, and specifically the way they were arranged on Steelbeauty.

Now, at my old job, I had a Selectric II at my desk, and I was thinking, something similar in another color would be cool, and black matches everything. Going on Signature's site, I only ever see blanks. Has there been any simple DSA sets like this?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
Re: Black DSA with White Legends?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:14:23 »
Not really... Retro was about the only set you could get uniform alpha/legends (I think).

DSA Dolch would've been amazing, but it looks like we got robbed on that :/
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:39:02 »
With SP's new GB system, why don't you see if a WoB DSA GB will do well? We've had so many strange colors go through GBs lately, I'd like to see something more basic.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:56:13 »
With SP's new GB system, why don't you see if a WoB DSA GB will do well? We've had so many strange colors go through GBs lately, I'd like to see something more basic.
Ummmmmmmm, I should do that...

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 15:00:52 »
I have submitted to see if I can lead a GB. Hopefully can hear something back soon.

And yeah, all sorts of off the wall color choices, but not much of the simple stuff. The kinda closest I've seen is the honeywell set (nonDSA though), or the granite set.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 15:26:04 »

really? do you mean just for DSA? cause Ivan rocks basic sets in group buys like it is going out of style.  GMK **** a lot of time too. GMK is NOICE
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 15:43:50 »

really? do you mean just for DSA? cause Ivan rocks basic sets in group buys like it is going out of style.  GMK **** a lot of time too. GMK is NOICE

But his latest GMK buy just couldn't get MOQ :(

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 19:57:09 »

Yeah, just for DSA. You can find blk/wht keys allllllll day. Just not in DSA.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 00:59:27 »
Seems like you are not the only one who wants WoB DSA: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54334.msg1229516#msg1229516

Maybe someone could start an IC for this?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 07:11:43 »
Not really... Retro was about the only set you could get uniform alpha/legends (I think).

DSA Dolch would've been amazing, but it looks like we got robbed on that :/

I still have hope that the sets will eventually ship, but it's looking less and less likely as time goes by.

If enough people show interest, maybe we could persuade Ivan to run a DSA WoB GB :) I just want a darn Dolch set... all the GB's currently running are dying...
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 23:13:44 »
I'd like a WoB or Dolch DSA Set :)
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 09:48:36 »
I think that if a more basic set was done, people would be buying it. There have been a lot of weird color schemes pop up, and so I can understand why they haven't been happening. If you look at the ones that have done really well lately, it has been more basic. Granite, Honeywell, etc.

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 09:47:18 »
Looks like I was approved to be a group buy leader. I'm going to be tossing up an IC thread to see what people would like the most, and start figuring out how the next step will go.