Author Topic: [GB] Prepare for Titanfall with a custom 'Eject' key for Cherry MX Keyboards  (Read 20963 times)

Offline mindfulmachine

• Custom Eject Keys for Titanfall
Hi guys,

I posted my custom keyboard mod on reddit and a bunch of people asked how they could do it themselves. Well, the solo cost for the key was $13.70 shipped but I'm getting together a group buy to deliver at $6 shipped.

Linky if you're intrigued: https://www.trycelery.com/shop/egress-titanfall-keycap

56489-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:57:24 by mindfulmachine »
I created a custom keyboard mod for Titanfall and I'm running a group buy for it...Thots? www.trycelery.com/shop/egress-titanfall-keycap

Offline YMSNoms

Re: Prepare for Titanfall with a custom 'Eject' key for Cherry MX Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 02:54:06 »
I am not a big fan of that key profile in the typing rows it look rather out of place.

however I have ordered one.
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 04:28:28 »
I am not a big fan of that key profile in the typing rows it look rather out of place.

however I have ordered one.

Yeah I got the sample as R1 by accident! The official will be the right profile. Also someone emailed me about international shipping - yes I ship international for $3

Really appreciate the props
I created a custom keyboard mod for Titanfall and I'm running a group buy for it...Thots? www.trycelery.com/shop/egress-titanfall-keycap

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 05:44:14 »
I'd definitely be in if this was SP and so cherry profile but it'll be OEM won't it?  I'm proper excited for Titanfall though :)

GK
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 05:48:53 »
Is it Laser/engraving? I can't remember how WASD do it anymore :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 11:39:49 »
I'd definitely be in if this was SP and so cherry profile but it'll be OEM won't it?  I'm proper excited for Titanfall though :)

GK

They should be correct Cherry MX profile. I looked into it with SP and it was prohibitively expensive - although if there are enough inquiries I'll see what I can do :-p

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 11:41:00 »
Is it Laser/engraving? I can't remember how WASD do it anymore :(

I believe they are laser-etched  :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 11:41:05 »

GK

They should be correct Cherry MX profile. I looked into it with SP and it was prohibitively expensive - although if there are enough inquiries I'll see what I can do :-p

If they are made by WASD they are OEM profile.

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 11:51:57 »

GK

If they are made by WASD they are OEM profile.

YOU'RE RIGHT - they are compatible with Cherry MX switches but OEM profile. Although many Cherry MX switched keyboards come with OEM

56527-0

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:30:53 »
i'd get it if it was in cherry profile

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 16:33:08 »

The closest you are going to get is SP DCS for something like this, unless you get it pad printed by GMK which I'm sure is not cheap if even possible.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:27:20 »

The closest you are going to get is SP DCS for something like this, unless you get it pad printed by GMK which I'm sure is not cheap if even possible.

I'm one of those heathens that in my head says "SP DCS = Cherry Profile" which obviously it isn't but is close enough for that row...  I'd definitely be up for that :)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 04:39:51 »
Would probably cost $12-15 per key to get you keycaps from SP...what do you guys think?

Offline mindfulmachine

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 04:01:56 »
2 days till Titanfall and first batch shipped!

Offline nopunchespulled

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 21:11:22 »
what row will it be for, and what happens if it doesnt get funded? smaller buy available?

Offline mindfulmachine

I'm buying R3 right now which is what most people have requested. It has already hit the minimum so the first batch is guaranteed to ship :)

HTH. HAPPY LAUNCH DAY!

Offline nopunchespulled

I'm buying R3 right now which is what most people have requested. It has already hit the minimum so the first batch is guaranteed to ship :)

HTH. HAPPY LAUNCH DAY!

Is that the number row and page up/down?  Sorry new to the mechs

Offline Lu_e

HTH. HAPPY LAUNCH DAY!

Is that the number row and page up/down?  Sorry new to the mechs

No. Number row is the same as the top row. Sounds like this is for the row of the 'E' key which is default eject button on titanfall I think.

Offline mindfulmachine

Thanks PBT - this orders is to replace your 'E' key with an 'eject' key :)

If enough people demand it, I might do a group buy for row 1, as some people prefer to use 'X' key to initiate eject.

Offline mindfulmachine

First batch ships this saturday, next batch ships next friday!

Offline mindfulmachine

Is anyone playing on Origin? I'm about to play for about 40 mins right now. Look for mindfulmachine!

Offline nopunchespulled

How do we know if we are first or second batch? Estimated ship time?  Thanks

Offline WhiteRice

Is anyone playing on Origin? I'm about to play for about 40 mins right now. Look for mindfulmachine!

Add me on Origin, Gnawz

Hit Gen 2 tonight :D

Offline mindfulmachine

How do we know if we are first or second batch? Estimated ship time?  Thanks

Order by Thursday and you're in batch #1  :thumb:

Offline mindfulmachine

Add me on Origin, Gnawz

Hit Gen 2 tonight :D

NAICE - just added you gnawz

Offline mindfulmachine

First batch shipping tomorrow!

;D

Offline cherpalla

Is this over? Or can I get one?
c h e r

Offline Thunderballs

Can I pay with Paypal for this ?

I get charged all sorts of **** when a $US transaction hits my good olde English £ bank account.

Offline mindfulmachine

Is this over? Or can I get one?

I still have 20 left from my first batch so feel free to order. If there is more demand I'll make a second batch!

Offline mindfulmachine

Can I pay with Paypal for this ?

I get charged all sorts of **** when a $US transaction hits my good olde English £ bank account.

I just added Paypal as a payment method! Let me know if it works for you!

Offline WhiteRice

It arrived today. It looks like someone tore a hole in the envelope and took the keycap. :(

Offline mindfulmachine

WHITERICE, PM me your info and I'll refund you so you can reorder...This time with a reinforced envelope so they can't break it. Youre the 12th person to have this issue :-/. Only have 2 keycaps left in this batch...After that I probably won't make batch 2 till I get 20 more orders!

Offline cherpalla

I redid my order, paypal should be fixed now.
c h e r

Offline Thunderballs

Mine arrived today.

Fits my Filco perfectly.

Thanks fella !

Offline mindfulmachine

Glad it worked for you! Was so awesome seeing people post screens of their new keycap on reddit last week  :D

Next batch starts shipping this upcoming week. I have about 20 left that aren't pre-ordered: www.trycelery.com/shop/egress-titanfall-keycap

Offline cub3y

Just found your group buy!

I jumped into for 2x keycaps with international shipping to NZ. When are you thinking about doing round 2?

Cheers!
Leopold FC 660M w/browns + red o-rings (work daily), Poker II w/blues + blue o-rings (home daily), Leopold FC 660M w/blacks, ErgoDox w/clears, Keycool 84 w/reds

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Still have these? Would like to order one for my ESC key

EDIT: paypal sent

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 May 2014, 14:51:48 by tigersharkdude »

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 18:14:11 by tigersharkdude »

Offline 111Blueangel911

• A Toast!
Awesome! This is the first key I've ever bought... I'm so excited! ;D
And that's all I got to say about that.

Offline AltCoyne

Ordered! :)

Offline Heliosphere

Received mine only 2 business days after ordering (shipped from Los Angeles to San Jose). Looks great, but I think this key would work better as an R1-sized Esc key replacement.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Received mine only 2 business days after ordering (shipped from Los Angeles to San Jose). Looks great, but I think this key would work better as an R1-sized Esc key replacement.

here's a PNG file that I made if you want to make your own (i'd be interested in an R4 key replacement, this is R3 I think)

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 June 2014, 18:33:00 by tigersharkdude »

Offline jake_pdx

First post and first key ever ordered.  Yay!

Offline mindfulmachine

First post and first key ever ordered.  Yay!

Wo0t! I'm super excited so many people are loving the keycap. I've got about 30 keys left - next batch may cost a dollar or two more because I'm getting pwnt on shipping costs. I initially thought I'd be able to use First Class mail, but as some of you can attest, USPS lost a bunch of keycaps because they put them through a sorting machine that tore open envelopes. I've upgraded to bubble-protected envelopes and parcel post shipping though!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Chances on doing the next batch in partial F-row size?

Offline AltCoyne

Got mine today, thanks for the speedy postage dude :)

Offline Willyc277

Got mine earlier this week, only took a couple of days to here (in Louisiana). Thanks for the quick shipping!

Loving the key. The quality is excellent. Sides are nice and thick and the clarity of the "legend" is great.

Offline mindfulmachine

:thumb: Glad they're getting to everyone safely!

As far as F-row, I can make a pre-order for it and produce if more than 20 people order it. Otherwise, try gettin a place to make one using the png posted above. It's a bit more expensive (+$10) to go that route but if you're impatient, it works

Offline mindfulmachine

Just a heads up! I've got about 10 keys left in this batch, hope everyone is TFing like a pro. Lets play some Marked for Death, find me on Origin with screenname: mindfulmech

:thumb: