Author Topic: KBT Pure Pro turning off the LEDs  (Read 2109 times)

Offline iisshaun

• New Blood
KBT Pure Pro turning off the LEDs
« on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:20:03 »
First time posting, bit of a lurker and while I've had a WASD Custom V1 for a few years now, I still don't know a ton. So super simple question. Can/how do you turn off the backlighting on the KBT Pure Pro? Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I want to know now.

I won't bore you with the long reasoning why I want them off, but in short it was kind of my only option to get it with backlighting that I don't want. Cheers.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
Re: KBT Pure Pro turning off the LEDs
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:31:07 »
First time posting, bit of a lurker and while I've had a WASD Custom V1 for a few years now, I still don't know a ton. So super simple question. Can/how do you turn off the backlighting on the KBT Pure Pro? Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I want to know now.

I won't bore you with the long reasoning why I want them off, but in short it was kind of my only option to get it with backlighting that I don't want. Cheers.

Yes, of course you can
Turn on/off press Fn+V ;)

Offline iisshaun

• New Blood
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 06:04:21 »
Yes, of course you can

Awesome, cheers. Does it save that setting? So I don't have to turn them off every time I turn on my PC.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 07:12:39 »
Yes, of course you can

Awesome, cheers. Does it save that setting? So I don't have to turn them off every time I turn on my PC.

Yes sir it save the setting, so you don't need pressed Fn+V again when turn on your computer ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 07:25:30 »
And I don't know about the pure pro, but if you hit the backlighting key again, it puts it in a pulse mode
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 13:19:08 »
And I don't know about the pure pro, but if you hit the backlighting key again, it puts it in a pulse mode

Not on the Pure Pro. There is no pulse mode on the Pure Pro.

- Fn-V: toggles backlighting on/off
- Fn-C: reduces brightness
- Fn-B: increases brightness

There are 7 levels of backlighting, so it is possible to find a level suitable for any environment (working under the sun doesn't count :) ).

The backlighting settings (on/off and brightness) are retained, even if you unplug your keyboard. That's a really nice touch.

Offline iisshaun

• New Blood
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 22:05:32 »

Not on the Pure Pro. There is no pulse mode on the Pure Pro.

- Fn-V: toggles backlighting on/off
- Fn-C: reduces brightness
- Fn-B: increases brightness

There are 7 levels of backlighting, so it is possible to find a level suitable for any environment (working under the sun doesn't count :) ).

The backlighting settings (on/off and brightness) are retained, even if you unplug your keyboard. That's a really nice touch.

Damn, thanks. That's exactly what I wanted too. I think it was the Pure or another 60% board that had a problem where no settings were saved when you powered down your system, meaning you had to turn on the LEDs on every start up. I was pretty worried about that, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks for the answers guys, I'll probably stick around with more questions in future.