Author Topic: [WTS] nubbinator's wood key cap pullers & sleeved cables [WTTF] White/Pink MX CC  (Read 51055 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Model M "connoisseur"
What exactly is a red with clear springs?  Or do they just have the springs as you swapped for your ergo clears?

Red switch with a Clear spring in the housing.  My Ergo Clears have 62g and 65g springs in them and the ones for my GH60 have 67g springs.

I think I'm going to hold onto the Reds for now though.  I forgot they're still listed in my OP.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Added several new cables in green, carbon fiber grey, and white over teal.

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2013, 18:27:10 by nubbinator »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Added Light Purple, Blue, and Magenta MDPC-X.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
New coiled cable prototype:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
The cables were already nice, but those pictures are really sexy nubbinator. Nice work man!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
The cables were already nice, but those pictures are really sexy nubbinator. Nice work man!

Thanks.  I try to get some nice, accurate shots to show them off.  It's nice to see that the D70 I bought ages ago is finally going to good use outside of play.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
The cables are looking great Nubs.  Really liked that white over teal. 

Buy these cables in memory of Smallfry. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
New cables:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
New cable, white over hot pink paracord:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Happy 'Murica Day!

In honor of 'Murica Day, I have new red, white, and blue cables...well, white and blue and a red cable organizer.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Bloodwood Key Cap Pullers:

It's hard to accurately capture photos of them.  The first one is my favorite and it's hard to part with.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Nice work there nubs!!

These look really good.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Thanks.  That first key cap puller is even sexier in person.

Offline CAZTILLO

How much for the green usb cable? Will It work with my ducky keyboard?

I made an account just to buy here lol
Keyboard newb.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
How much for the green usb cable? Will It work with my ducky keyboard?

The price in the OP is the shipped price. As long as your Ducky is mini B USB, yes, it will work.

Offline neoezekiel

• My GW2 Guild - The Fallen Souls [SouL]
Can you do standard USB A-B cables too?
If so I would be interested in ordering a few different lengths and colors.
WTB: Cherry G80-2550, GnCC/CCnG sets, led mx greens, mx dark greys, Plate Design Service, Case Design Service

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Can you do standard USB A-B cables too?
If so I would be interested in ordering a few different lengths and colors.

You mean USB A to USB B?  I don't have the housings or connectors for USB B on hand.  I can do them, but they will cost more since I'll have to special order connectors and housings.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
New cable and I'll have an orange and red one up shortly:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
And orange and red are made up:

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
And orange and red are made up:

Show Image

Show Image

And that orange one is now mine! :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
And that orange one is now mine! :)

Yes it is.  And it's in the mail, hopefully in your hands by Monday.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Purple camo paracord cable:

Offline thrashwolf

• Freelance Illustrator / Designer
    • My Work
Hey nubbinator :) loving the pics and new cables, just wondering if you've used glow in the dark paracord before?
let me know and keep up the radical work

L
Novatouch TKL /w MT3 /DEV/TTY keycaps
Filco & Ducky TKL with browns

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Hey nubbinator :) loving the pics and new cables, just wondering if you've used glow in the dark paracord before?
let me know and keep up the radical work

L

I have not.  Didn't even know it existed to be honest.  I had only seen high visibility reflective paracord.  I rarely use paracord since I don't like how it holds up over time.  I prefer to use more durable sleeving materials.

I am doing some experimenting in more custom colors though.  I'm working out ways to have some more custom colors that you can't find elsewhere.  So far it looks like I might be able to do a few pastel colors, but we'll see what I figure out.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2013, 18:36:57 by nubbinator »

Offline thrashwolf

• Freelance Illustrator / Designer
    • My Work
excellent, look forward to seeing what you use, im putting together a 100% toxic green kb, so im trying to get components that fit ( all around a filco )

will keep an eye on this thread !
Novatouch TKL /w MT3 /DEV/TTY keycaps
Filco & Ducky TKL with browns

Offline tgujay

Purple camo paracord cable:

Show Image

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu stahp, I can't afford more cables haha.
Gotta collect them all

Offline ___q

Can you make replacement "non-removable" Filco cables (i.e. terminated with that little four-pin board connector instead of USB miniB)?

I have a filco in a black vortex case that I'd like to replace the white cable on.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Added an unterminated, double sleeved PS/2 cable with tinned ends:

For you, I make special deal or trade  ;).  I'm not a huge fan of paracord, so I generally don't make anything with it unless I think I can do something fun with it.

Can you make replacement "non-removable" Filco cables (i.e. terminated with that little four-pin board connector instead of USB miniB)?

I have a filco in a black vortex case that I'd like to replace the white cable on.

I know the part numbers for the Molex housings, but I don't have the necessary tools to do the crimps.  I could do them with pliers, but I'd rather do them properly.  In the future I might do them, but for now, I'd talk to TJCaustin (mimic-cables) about making you one.  Now if you weren't afraid of direct contact and soldering them yourself, I could do a cable for you that bypasses the terminal on the Filco.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT

Show Image

For you, I make special deal or trade  ;).  I'm not a huge fan of paracord, so I generally don't make anything with it unless I think I can do something fun with it.

I know the part numbers for the Molex housings, but I don't have the necessary tools to do the crimps.  I could do them with pliers, but I'd rather do them properly.  In the future I might do them, but for now, I'd talk to TJCaustin (mimic-cables) about making you one.  Now if you weren't afraid of direct contact and soldering them yourself, I could do a cable for you that bypasses the terminal on the Filco.

i love that color man, that is gorgeous
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tgujay

Show Image

Does this deal involve nudie pics?
Gotta collect them all

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Sorry, no nudie pics tgijay.  I only do subtle ones of me naked in reflective surfaces.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Sorry, no nudie pics tgijay.  I only do subtle ones of me naked in reflective surfaces.

let me go try out this new forum search.......

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Next order gets  a paracord survival bracelet in addition to my usual goodies included.  Why?  I ordered some sexy paracord, only it's too skinny for my cables.  Tis the plight of paracord.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Next order gets  a paracord survival bracelet in addition to my usual goodies included.  Why?  I ordered some sexy paracord, only it's too skinny for my cables.  Tis the plight of paracord.

Show Image

That's my biggest gripe with paracord.  They last fine, but there are colors (usually 3+ color mixed) that have a narrower inner diameter and range from more difficult to impossible to sleeve.

I like those survival bracelets and have kicked around getting one of the jigs to make them (not that it's a needed item, but so I can mass produce easier).

Also, nubbs, you have a PM inc.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Yeah, it's a massive pain with paracord.  I've even had 7 strand single color that was too skinny.  I made a little paracord tool out of brass to help with some of the more difficult sleeving, but it doesn't always help.

I'm honestly not sure how much the jig would help.  I made the one you see there incredibly quickly without a jig.  It's just making sure you don't mess up and double up and making sure you get it tight enough.  I'm sure someone who's good at it could spit out a complete on without a jig in well under 5 minutes.  The hardest part is getting it started and finishing it.  Definitely a lot quicker than sleeving and soldering cables.  It's a pretty easy way to make up any losses you might face from incorrectly sized paracord.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Nubs I know you posted some new wood handle but I don't know where the thread is.....are you going to be selling those soon?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Also, looking for a Hardcore White, Octopink, or P1 Purple MX Skull CC.  Will buy at cost or work out a reasonable trade for one.  I don't believe in the massive mark up and flipping that some people do for CCs, but I will pay a small premium to cover shipping to you and to me and am more than willing to work out trades for things like cap pullers, wrist wrests, and sleeved cables.

And a teaser for a GH60 sized (11.5") Curly Maple wrist wrest I'll have up for sale/trade soon:

Nubs I know you posted some new wood handle but I don't know where the thread is.....are you going to be selling those soon?

The Black Palm and black and red dyed maple ones?

If you'd like one of them, I can order more wire and make it up.  I just haven't really wanted to spend money on the materials for pullers since the wire and epoxy are not cheap and I haven't had may people hit me up about them.

Just  full disclosure, the Black Palm has some chip out on it.  I can probably fix it up a little with some dark wood putty, but it's something that's very very hard to avoid with the wood, especially with the tools I have.  It's finished pretty smooth, but it's not 100% perfect.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 July 2013, 18:56:10 by nubbinator »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Looking for Hardcore White, Octopink, and other interesting color CC MX skulls still.

Did an Argentine Lignum Vitae (Verawood) handle turn today that's ready to turn into a cap puller.  Looking for $25 + shipping for it.

Offline zoolzoo

Ill just leave this romantic looking pic here...

Nubs pullers are more than just aesthetically pleasing. The little extra weight and length makes pulling caps much easier in contrast with cheap plastic ones. Not that it was ever "hard" to do, but I can do it much quicker and more pleasantly with his puller. Plus, the wires are perfectly spaced.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Time
Ill just leave this romantic looking pic here...

Show Image

Nubs pullers are more than just aesthetically pleasing. The little extra weight and length makes pulling caps much easier in contrast with cheap plastic ones. Not that it was ever "hard" to do, but I can do it much quicker and more pleasantly with his puller. Plus, the wires are perfectly spaced.

Man, I was looking for the sexual pun in there.. It looks like a you know ._.,

On subject:

Do you ever discount the USB A to B cords?
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Man, I was looking for the sexual pun in there.. It looks like a you know ._.,

On subject:

Do you ever discount the USB A to B cords?

Almost never since the sleeving I use is rather expensive (~$6 per 6' cable) and margins aren't very big.  I may, on rare occassion, do one in paracord or that's an experiment that sells for less (like my PS2 cable up for sale), but outside of that, no.  If I sold for much less, I'd basically be giving my labor away for free.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
a mini review about nubbs and his products

so this morning

i received a beautiful puller from nubbs

i have gushing initial impressions about the quality, workmanship, packaging and service

i cant speak if he does this for domestic orders, but as i am international, the puller was sent in a box, not a bubble mailer, adding to the expense it cost him to ship my puller, but ensuring it got to me safely, the puller its self was also packaged very securely with lots of bubble wrap and included a small gift.

upon fighting my way through the bubble wrap, i was stunned and very happy with the quality of his craftsmanship, it really is a beautiful item he has clearly taken his time with and put a lot of care into, and it really shows in the end result, it is a beautiful and very functional item and something i will always hang on to, the finish is outstanding and i have no doubt it will hold up and serve me well for a long time to come.

and on to nubbs himself, every dealing i have had with this man has always been a pleasure, he is friendly and professional at all time, and will always do his best to accommodate any requests you may have.

in summary, please deal with this man, he puts a lot of work, time and consideration into everything he offers and it is well worth the very reasonable advertised pricing, i would not only recommend the products, but also the man behind them
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Thanks for those kind words Bunny.  I try my best to make and sell something I'd be proud to use and ship it in a way that ensures its safety.  Every puller I've sent to date has been bubble wrapped and shipped in a box.  I'd rather spend a little more on packaging and shipping to ensure that a product arrives safely than to cheap out and have a product that may or may not arrive how I shipped it.

I'm glad you like the puller.  I do put time and care into making something I'd be happy to use.  I've scrapped more than a few handles that I just was not happy with the result on.  It's also good to hear that it got to you safely and relatively quickly without any customs bothers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
And the paracord survival bracelet is gone to the person who bought the white over pink cable.  Hope you enjoy it and the other little goody.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
That black palm!! I have some plugs in that wood and I have been trying to figure out the name of it.

Gonna send you a PM soon.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
That black palm!! I have some plugs in that wood and I have been trying to figure out the name of it.

Gonna send you a PM soon.

Black Palm is a &%*#$ to turn.  It's a weird mixture of ridiculously hard and ridiculously soft and using a wood stabilizer doesn't help from what I've read.  No matter how hard you work at getting it smooth, you always have some chip out unless you use a filler or wood putty...which can change the look.  So the one I made does have some small imperfections in it, though they're not really noticeable unless you look closely.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
this is nubbinator bumping

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
this is nubbinator bumping
No that's Mkawa, silly Mkawa.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Dropped the price on the paracord cable.  I want it gone.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
YGPM