Author Topic: New here, new to mech keyboards :)  (Read 1063 times)

Offline fido

New here, new to mech keyboards :)
« on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 09:58:19 »
Just thought i'd say hello and show some pics of my ducky k1008 ocn edition i recently bought.  Its got browns, which i really like, never tried other switch types but the browns feel real nice to me.  Currently collecting different keycaps, so far only have some orange abs i got from qtan.........minus the M key which he didnt send, but he's sending it out so no worries.  Hoping i can get in on some of the group buys also.....some of the keys look to good to miss out on!  The UK is so crap for stuff like this, so little to choose from :(

Anyway, heres a before and after of ma ducky.

After:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/doonhilla/DSC02661.jpg

Before:
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/doonhilla/DSC02660.jpg

cheers!

Offline shogrran

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 11:04:50 »
Sooo.... I would really like to hear your opinion regarding that keyboard. Many people say ducky isn't so good... but I gotta say... when it comes to its pricepoint.. i am really tempted to get one myself. After all... what I am really after is the feel of the switch itself ---- and i think its the same cherry switches regardless of what board maker you choose. But then I still got my doubts...

Any quality issues encountered so far?
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline fido

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 11:18:35 »
Hahah thx ripster.........been meaning to see that movie just for the lulz.

@shogrran, no issues yet *touch wood*, its also my first mech so cant really compare with other brands, but it feels well made.  Its pretty weighty and solid and the keys all feel as they should i guess.  I know that its not gonna be as popular as a filco or das etc, but like you say for the price they are worth it imo.  I got mine cheap from some guy on OCN, was barely used, think i paid £60 iirc.

Offline vax

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 February 2012, 12:57:52 »
Quote from: fido;520718
been meaning to see that movie just for the lulz.

Do it. I heard it's an instant classic.