Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 285903 times)

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 20:00:33 »
Artisan mouse pads are awesome. I have like 10 of them.

Offline BobbyUK

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 20:10:19 »
Quote from: hcry4;534309
Artisan mouse pads are awesome. I have like 10 of them.

I have the SS Sensei, which of the Arisan mouse pad would you recommend?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 20:18:36 »
I like Shiden Kai, but I would probably recommend starting with Hien. The VE(value edition) versions are okay, but the regular red Hiens are on sale right now. Soft, Mid, Hard.

Offline BobbyUK

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 04:45:45 »
Quote from: hcry4;537349
I like Shiden Kai, but I would probably recommend starting with Hien. The VE(value edition) versions are okay, but the regular red Hiens are on sale right now. Soft, Mid, Hard.

Got a recommendation from fb, he told me to get the Hayate edition large size but it cost's like £53 ($84), you think it's worth the price?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 10:12:34 »
I have the Hayate too. It's very good and I feel the quality is definitely better than Shiden Kai, but it's pretty damn expensive. I was able to get it for around $50 a little while back. I believe it caters more to FPS players though. If that's your main genre, then Hayate is a good choice.

Offline Anyguy4321

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 21:20:25 »
I got the Hayate recently and it is AMAZING.  I got a artisan hien VE at the same time and actually did not like it.  It had a fairly rough surface and I could feel bumps while using it.  I could have adapted but the Hayate was just so much better, it feels like the perfect mousepad to me.  Usually there is a tradeoff between the speed of glide while moving and stability while still(for aiming/clicking).  The Hayate is silky fast when you are moving your mouse but when you are holding still, it has enough friction to make your mouse stable.

If you have a steelseries sensei you should definitely get the Hayate as it solves most of the Sensei's minor acceleration problems on most other surfaces.  Or you could use a 4hd or 9hd but those are hard, relatively slippery mouse pads that are somewhat unstable while clicking with medium/small mice.  I use my 4hd with my g700 and love it but the g700 is a relatively large and heavy mouse.

Offline chel-

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 22:17:23 »
I've been thinking about getting one of the more exotic mouse pads but none of the local stores carry them so I settled for a Razer Goliathus Control. I didn't realize it until I got home, but I picked up one of the extended ones that essentially covers my entire desk, but I kind of like having my keyboard sitting on it. The mousepad itself provides a surprising amount of glide compared to my old razer mantis speed. I'm not sure I like the textured feel of it yet but overall I think its ok... at least for now.

For those of you who have the artisan mousepads, which would you recommend for a low sense fps player? I need something fairly long and nothing that will cause any sort of irritation on my forearm form the friction.

Offline Crowat

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 23:41:02 »
SteelSeries 9HD

After a long time of using cloth surfaces I finally went with a hard surface mousepad.  Its working out quite well.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 10:58:52 »
Quote from: Crowat;538706
SteelSeries 9HD

After a long time of using cloth surfaces I finally went with a hard surface mousepad.  Its working out quite well.

Hayate: is this a noisy mousepad though ? I mean, i love how silent it is to use a mouse on a clothe mousepad. how is the noise/sound level of the hayate compared to say XLTrack. I'm asking because as a low sens user, I make alot of noise picking up the mouse and putting it down on my 9HD....
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline vurt

• achiever
    • j-beck.net
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #359 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 15:41:39 »
Been using the Goliathus for quite some time now and I've noticed no fading or other problems, plus the mousepad is washable with regular soap and water [confirmed with Razer customer service]. Personally I've never been a fan of "hard" mousepads [sweat=gross]. Although after doing a bit of browsing through this thread I am considering purchasing an Artisan. Anyone know how the two compare in feel/tracking? I am a fan of the textured surface of the Goliathus, but I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to mousepads as long as it isnt a cheap POS from Wal Mart. Currently using a Razer Abyssus mouse @ 3500 dpi if that makes a difference.
Filco MJ2 Ninja | IBM Model M 1391401

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 22:01:24 »
I have been using the Razer Destructor for about 2 years now. It's fairly thin and tracks well.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169416300

Been using it with the Logitech G9, and have been using that about as long. Haven't considered a new mousepad, since this one has been pretty much perfect for me.

Offline JohnDiew0107

• Pew Pew Pew
    • http://www.johndiew.com/
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 10:39:20 »
not a fan of cloth mouse mats, currently using Razer Vespula
Leopold FC500RR/EB Reds | PLUM Morphling MX96 Blues | VorTex POKER PBT Ghetto-Greens | Ducky DK-9008G2 PBT Reds

Offline Weapon

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 00:28:09 »
I use a HIEN HARD medium mousepad. It's kind of a mix of a cloth/hard, glides like a hard, squishy like a cloth.

Offline anselben

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 00:54:00 »
I just received my XtracPads ripperxxl last week. This thing is HUGE and almost didn't have room for it on my desk. It's really light so it may move around a lot, but since it's so big, I set my keyboard and speakers on it so it doesn't budge. It was relatively cheap, 30 bucks for a 36x18 mousepad.. It's just plain black so nothing special but I definitely think it was a good deal.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 18:38:00 »
Quote from: anselben;548594
I just received my XtracPads ripperxxl last week. This thing is HUGE and almost didn't have room for it on my desk. It's really light so it may move around a lot, but since it's so big, I set my keyboard and speakers on it so it doesn't budge. It was relatively cheap, 30 bucks for a 36x18 mousepad.. It's just plain black so nothing special but I definitely think it was a good deal.

I have one of those, they look sweet. But cloth pads really slow down the arm.
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 15:31:34 »
OK, so after months of sitting on the fence I finally took the plunge and sprung for an Artisan mouse pad to use with my Razer DeathAdder Black Edition. I should say I am not a serious or even occasional gamer, however I wanted something that would perform well and last a long time. I had originally intended to buy a Shiden-Kai, but changed my mind after reading some reviews and deciding I wanted something softer; I ended up buying the Hayate Soft M, which arrived in the mail yesterday.

According to Artisan's website, the Hayate is only available in "dark violet", which could fool me, since even in a bright room, sitting next to a black RealForce keyboard and a black DeathAdder mouse, the Hayate surprisingly looks very black. At first glance, I thought the Hayate looked somewhat thin and unassuming, which gave me pangs of remorse since it cost just over $50 before shipping. However now that I've been using it for nearly 24 hours my opinion of the Hayate has changed completely. I can't directly compare it to the QCK, Zowie or Razer since I've never used another pro gaming pad, but based on my own limited experience the Hayate is by far the best mouse pad I've ever owned. The surface feels great on my hand, it's just soft enough that it doesn't make my wrist sore and it appears easy to clean and not attract dirt. The DA glides on it with (what feels to my hands like) zero friction, but without being at all slippery, a possible weakness with a glass pad such as the Shiden-Kai. The backing of the Hayate pad has a very dense honeycomb pattern, made from some kind of rubber or foam, which sticks to like glue to the smooth surface of my desk, preventing any ripples or sliding.

To summarize:

Hayate Soft M

Pros: impressive materials and build quality (better than implied on Artisan's website); zero friction, zero resistance, zero slipperiness; surface/core are soft enough that they're comfortable without feeling squishy; backing prevents sliding and bunching.

Cons: pricey; only available in Medium and Large sizes.

10/10

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline hamza_tm

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 18:06:42 »
Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop;554911
OK, so after months of sitting on the fence I finally took the plunge and sprung for an Artisan mouse pad to use with my Razer DeathAdder Black Edition. I should say I am not a serious or even occasional gamer, however I wanted something that would perform well and last a long time. I had originally intended to buy a Shiden-Kai, but changed my mind after reading some reviews and deciding I wanted something softer; I ended up buying the Hayate Soft M, which arrived in the mail yesterday.

According to Artisan's website, the Hayate is only available in "dark violet", which could fool me, since even in a bright room, sitting next to a black RealForce keyboard and a black DeathAdder mouse, the Hayate surprisingly looks very black. At first glance, I thought the Hayate looked somewhat thin and unassuming, which gave me pangs of remorse since it cost just over $50 before shipping. However now that I've been using it for nearly 24 hours my opinion of the Hayate has changed completely. I can't directly compare it to the QCK, Zowie or Razer since I've never used another pro gaming pad, but based on my own limited experience the Hayate is by far the best mouse pad I've ever owned. The surface feels great on my hand, it's just soft enough that it doesn't make my wrist sore and it appears easy to clean and not attract dirt. The DA glides on it with (what feels to my hands like) zero friction, but without being at all slippery, a possible weakness with a glass pad such as the Shiden-Kai. The backing of the Hayate pad has a very dense honeycomb pattern, made from some kind of rubber or foam, which sticks to like glue to the smooth surface of my desk, preventing any ripples or sliding.

To summarize:

Hayate Soft M

Pros: impressive materials and build quality (better than implied on Artisan's website); zero friction, zero resistance, zero slipperiness; surface/core are soft enough that they're comfortable without feeling squishy; backing prevents sliding and bunching.

Cons: pricey; only available in Medium and Large sizes.

10/10

Really interesting, I might try one out if I can figure how to get one in the UK

Im using a QCK heavy. Awesomeness in my opinion. Tried a Megasoma and it was completely rubbish imo - well almost completely. I could have completely lived without the uneven stupid sprayed-on glow in the dark razer logo that ruins the pad totally. And also my Xai Laser wouldn't track on it properly :(

Also used an Icemat for ages, but I didn't like the speed at which it wears down mouse feet. I mean I sit there scrubbing it, then try my mouse again, then re-scrubbing, and the mouse still sounds like its grating across the surface - its horrid. Then I realise my new hyperglides are already worn out and the bottom of the mouse is scraping the glass (facepalm).

Other than that its an amazing mat, and works perfect for a very long time if you use the supplied padsurfers - I ran out though. Once you switch to hyperglides or any mice feet, then the icemat is just a pain.

Offline bcpk

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 11:44:03 »
Recently stepped up from the Qck to the Qck+, it's great if slightly humorous in size..

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #368 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 14:39:56 »
nice Koss Porta Pros

now if only you had a big enough mouse pad :heh:

Offline dewaere

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 05:30:58 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 48524[/ATTACH]

Received this morning, nice cloth, it feels like a Talent.
KBC Poker Red / IBM Model M 1987 / Das Keyboard 1 / Filco Majestouch 2 Tenleyless Brown / Nopoo minichoc Red / Cherry G80-1861 HBF Black / Qpad MK-80 Red / Zowie EC2 / Zowie Mico / Steelseries XAI / Steelseries KANA /  Microsoft IE 3.0 / Microsoft imo 1.1 / Microsoft wmo 1.1 / Logitech MX 518 / Logitech MX 300 / Logitech MX 310 / Razer DeathAdder 1800 / Razer  Diamondback 1600 / Logitech  G9X

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 21 May 2012, 02:50:55 »
So after a world of measuring and remeasuring.. and finally finding a place that will ship to Aus..

COREPAD Cerro Waterproof Cloth Gaming Mat, XX-Large

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556097006.html

^^ these guys dont ship internationally I dont think.. Atleast if they did it was too dear to do it..

I found a dude on ebay.co.uk and and picked it up for $60AUD which isn't cheap.. but is technically as big as two Razer Mantis Control's of which I paid roughly 25-30 bucks.. so.

So hurrah.. finally a proper cloth mouse mat that will allow my keyboard on it that will be comfy!
Poker
QFR

Offline artielange

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 22 May 2012, 13:25:10 »
I like QcK they aren't super expensive and are not cheap and work really well.  Cloth mats are more comfortable than hard mats.  QcK + DeathAdder is an epic combo.

Offline AlienPirate

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 22 May 2012, 19:43:32 »
Quote from: artielange;597705
I like QcK they aren't super expensive and are not cheap and work really well.  Cloth mats are more comfortable than hard mats.  QcK + DeathAdder is an epic combo.

Currently using my Deathadder on a QcK, and I can confirm this. Totally beats my old Logitech+desk surface.

Offline sameer.wahid

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 22 May 2012, 20:56:59 »
Quote from: MagicMeatball;539766
I have been using the Razer Destructor for about 2 years now. It's fairly thin and tracks well.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169416300

Been using it with the Logitech G9, and have been using that about as long. Haven't considered a new mousepad, since this one has been pretty much perfect for me.
Same experience here - I use the Destructor with my CM Sentinel Advance on my PC. I tried cloth mouse pads (one Steelseries, and one OCZ), and I prefer the feel of plastic. The cloth mouse pads tend to 'exfoliate' my palm.

Offline shawn o

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 24 May 2012, 15:59:22 »
I love my Razer Goliathus Speed. The old, plain black ones without the hideous "fragged" logo.

I have a few of the biggest "Alpha" sized ones. They are a bit too big so I just cut them down with a utility knife and correctly round the corners with the original radius. You can't even tell they were modified.

One I'm currently using is 11x14".

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 25 May 2012, 16:31:47 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 14:12:10 by davkol »

Offline Solanin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #376 on: Sat, 26 May 2012, 08:52:38 »
Current setup: Steelseries Sensei (happen to win one from an offline event) and Artisan Kai.G3 Hayate (one of the best mousepad on the market)
Previous setup: Steelseries Xai and Everglide Titan Fnatic (as I'm getting better at aiming, the slow/control nature of this mousepad is no longer suitable)

Offline Desu

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 26 May 2012, 12:50:21 »
razer kabuto -- http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Kabuto-Mobile-Mouse-Black/dp/B002JCSCQ6

Bought it at a good discount, and it works well for the price.

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 01:00:51 »
Quote from: suprsmo;596913
So after a world of measuring and remeasuring.. and finally finding a place that will ship to Aus..

COREPAD Cerro Waterproof Cloth Gaming Mat, XX-Large

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556097006.html

^^ these guys dont ship internationally I dont think.. Atleast if they did it was too dear to do it..

I found a dude on ebay.co.uk and and picked it up for $60AUD which isn't cheap.. but is technically as big as two Razer Mantis Control's of which I paid roughly 25-30 bucks.. so.

So hurrah.. finally a proper cloth mouse mat that will allow my keyboard on it that will be comfy!

So I ended up taking delivery of my Corepad Cerro Waterproof XXL today. (880mm size)

Wow is it big! haha cant wait to get it home onto my desk.

SO the material tracks great (so far). The edges are a bit sharp (cant remember if my razer mantis control was like that 4 years ago or not..) its definitely not as thick as I thought it was.. and also the material is super coarse.. like.. makes my Razer feel really smooth.. not sure if thats the texture or the edge at this stage.. and lastly the smell.. haha nice (/spew) fresh rubber mmm.. This will pass.. but hopefully before it stinks up my room at home!

For 2 of the reasons (of which I got it) hit the nail. First being size and the fact it wont move at all.. and for the noise absorption under a cherry or even Topre board.

And typing on it with my Topre right now.. even cuts out a deal of sound that would be otherwise vibrating through my desk.

SO this will be replicated at home (for late night gaming!)

Will update this after I have gotten a bit used to it..

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 51706[/ATTACH]

http://i.imgur.com/R9b3c.jpg
Poker
QFR

Offline KyesaRRi

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 03:37:02 »
Quote from: asdf;602598
C4-NGen04 product seems really cool! Does anyone have real-life photos of it in use? I want to get an idea of how it will look it on a desk

Mine should be here this week I'll snap a few photos.

Offline Phalanx

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 09:21:13 »
I'm on my second Razer Sphex. Absolutely no fault on it at all. Paper-thin, doesn't move in the slightest and is restickable. Perfect texture for optical and laser mice in my opinion. I did umm and err about getting a Goliathus, but until this wears out, I'm happy. :)

Offline Solanin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 21:06:29 »
Quote from: KyesaRRi;602599
Mine should be here this week I'll snap a few photos.

How much a piece cost, anw? It seems interesting.

Offline Internetlad

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 16:07:40 »
I use a standard size Intel i7 Brand mousepad.

It has a picture of Intel i7 on it.

Am I cool yet?

Seriously though, Buddy of mine had an icemat IIRC a while back (5 years?), one of the glass ones.

Actually maybe it was a glassmat, that would have made more sense.

Anyways it was slick until he broke it. Rich parents, so I assume he eventually got a new one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 May 2012, 16:47:48 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline hamza_tm

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 19:29:27 »
Moved on to a Mionix Prop us and a Zowie Swift.

The Zowie has more glide but also more starting friction which is annoying and clearly noticeable in Windows.

The Mionix has bit less smoothness but also much less starting friction and is currently my pad of choice. I'm aiming to try an aluminium pad, and maybe an Artisan Hayate in future.

Offline dmbr

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 19:39:48 »
Quote from: hamza_tm;608220
Moved on to a Mionix Prop us and a Zowie Swift.

The Zowie has more glide but also more starting friction which is annoying and clearly noticeable in Windows.

The Mionix has bit less smoothness but also much less starting friction and is currently my pad of choice. I'm aiming to try an aluminium pad, and maybe an Artisan Hayate in future.
Aluminum is the way to go.

If you can find a Sterlseries SX, buy it--best mousepad ever, and I say that having virtually tried them all (certainly every pad mentioned here). I'll get you that pic tonight :P

The Roccat Alumic is a great choice if you like a rather "slippery" glide (hence my recommendation ;) ), while Zalman's AMP1000 is a nice economical choice if you prefer more friction.

This also looks potentially badass, but I haven't tried it:
http://www.alugraphics.de/cms/de/gaming-mousepads/produkte/gamer-pro.html

Edit: lol just hit me who you are...doh!
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2012, 19:43:15 by dmbr »

Offline hfcobra

Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 09:38:46 »
Been a while since I was here.  Since then I have changed my moues pad to an Artisan Hayate L.  Best mouse pad I have ever used.  Been using it for over 6 months now I believe.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 12:39:09 »
im using a hien hard pad, and i love the way it feels.  The material is smooth, but not slippery.  The textures isn't rough , but it almost polishes the feet of my mouse, which makes for even better movement.  im currently using it with a mionix naos 3200, which is an amazingly comfortable mouse
| Poker MX Red |

Offline Appeac

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 14:54:02 »
Using a battlemat from the Valve store, and it's working great, very very smooth. Looking to move up to an aluminum pad soon. I will never go back to cloth.
FC660C
122 Terminal M w/ Soarer board

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 02:46:18 »
I've never used a mousepad, but I'm looking to get one now.

Can anyone recommend me a good cloth one? I like the size of the Steelseries Qck - is this the one I should be getting, or are there others that are better/cheaper with a similar size?

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 08:32:28 »
I've never used a mousepad, but I'm looking to get one now.

Can anyone recommend me a good cloth one? I like the size of the Steelseries Qck - is this the one I should be getting, or are there others that are better/cheaper with a similar size?

The Qck is a very good pad.  Especially if you are looking for a good price/performance.  There really is not much that is cheaper and better and there isn't much that is better for the same price.  Unless you want the best of the best though, then the Hayate and Hayabusa are the best you can buy.  However they are also $60 so not a good price/performance at all.

I use the Zowie AM with a Hayate and it is the smoothest and most perfect combo I have used, and I have tried a lot of mouse pads lol.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 13:56:28 »
the razer goliathus isn't a bad one if you're looking at cloth
i myself use the Razer vespula as i like the wrist rest.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 14:01:02 »
the bottom of a coles/woolworths grocery bag, have used them for years and cheap as chips. the best part is they have a different surface depending on what side you use lol. one side is super slick smooth, the other ridged and bumpy.

yeah, its ghetto as all hell but trust me go try it and then you wont care lol

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2012, 14:03:10 by rayuki »

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 02:48:27 »
the bottom of a coles/woolworths grocery bag, have used them for years and cheap as chips. the best part is they have a different surface depending on what side you use lol. one side is super slick smooth, the other ridged and bumpy.

yeah, its ghetto as all hell but trust me go try it and then you wont care lol

Haha, that's gold. I've got a ****load of these at home. If I'm really desperate one day I might try it... but probably not. :P

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Calade

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 15:33:53 »
When I switched over to the pro gear from traditional, cheap mousepads, I first tried a teflon one from Qpad. I think it was called XT-R or something. However, I never quite liked it because the surface just felt too rough - don't know if this is the case with all teflon pads, but it made a scratchy sound and just didn't seem good. Then my friend recommended me the Steelseries Qck and I haven't looked back. I first had the normal version and then got Qck+ with DotA 2 graphics as a gift from Valve for doing translations. Both are great, but I really like the bulkiness and size of the Qck+.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 23:01:08 »
used to have a couple of Artisan pads but I sold them all before I was exported here to Canada... really miss the Hien Hard.
anyone know where to get one in Canada? or perhaps someone who has a Large Black one, of the rollable version, for sale? :p

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 13:54:09 »
I'm from Canada and I bought mine from their English site straight from Japan.  Shipping is like $15 though :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 14:46:37 »
I use a ratpadz at home. love it if only because I'll never need to buy another pad. It's very hard, and takes some real arm strength just to bend. Size is medium. Only real con is it's pretty thick. Surface is textured which polishes mouse feet.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 15:26:39 »
I'm from Canada and I bought mine from their English site straight from Japan.  Shipping is like $15 though :(

hmm yeah that is what I was trying to avoid, as it's almost the cost of the mousepad...
I'll have a look around though, otherwise the sour apple will be bitten.
thanks!

Offline sovano

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 17:53:00 »
My gaming mousepad  ^-^

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #399 on: Fri, 14 September 2012, 02:38:09 »
I love to feel different mouse surfaces just for the sake of it lol. Have QcK mini, Hien Mid and Shidenkai XSoft, gonna try out Steelpad 5L soon  ;D