Author Topic: Enough teasing already!  (Read 8759 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Enough teasing already!
« on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 08:16:24 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50380.0

We're dying for more information!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BucklingSpring

Re: Enough teasing already!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:14:13 »
An affortable, decent quality CM HHKB would make me forgive, move on and make me want to buy another CM product.
Something I told myself I'd never do again.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:31:58 »
An affordable TKL conventional layout CM Topre board (e.g. the insanely popular QFR/QFS, of which I have two) would be great!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 10:27:23 »
they would make a ton of cash off of us farming the switches.....

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 10:36:56 »
Something tells me things will be quiet regarding this till the new year, CES is in 2 weeks.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 10:44:17 »
Something tells me things will be quiet regarding this till the new year, CES is in 2 weeks.

That's what I heard through the grapevine.....:eek:

Offline avtar

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 21:30:10 »
Hey Carter, do you have any more Novatouch TKL news and videos to share? Is the branding going to be more subtle above the cursor keys like CM Stealth?

Offline daetsid

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 10:31:28 »
wow, no words for that. Topre mx compatible!

Offline mindoculus

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 11:13:33 »
I don't understand the desire to produce hybrid switches when there is a large (and growing) user base for standard topre boards.

CM is in a position to own this corner of the market now that other manufacturers are leaving.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 11:18:56 »
I don't understand the desire to produce hybrid switches when there is a large (and growing) user base for standard topre boards.

CM is in a position to own this corner of the market now that other manufacturers are leaving.

I could understand your point if these weren't compatible with standard Topre keycaps but seeing as this supports both Topre and MX I don't see how it could hurt them.

Offline avtar

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 11:31:48 »

One just needs to look at the number of options available for replacement MX keycaps compared to the dwindling supply of Topre ones to understand the appeal of hybrid switches.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 06:05:34 »

I could understand your point if these weren't compatible with standard Topre keycaps but seeing as this supports both Topre and MX I don't see how it could hurt them.

Wait, they take both Topre and MX caps? I thought they were just Topre switches that used MX caps instead of Topre ones.

Damn, this just gets better and better. I want these stems all over my RF. As long as they aren't wobbly compared to the stock ones that is.