Author Topic: Filco / Realforce Aluminum Cases (Shipped / Shipping)  (Read 18385 times)

Offline Moomoo

Re: Filco / Realforce Aluminum Cases (Shipped / Shipping)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 23:24:21 »
I haven't gotten an update on mine either but I live in Australia.

Offline Saviant

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 01:50:50 »
I haven't got any information on mine aswell and I am from Australia, paid the freight the second the email came through about payment. I did message Sherry but no reply as of yet.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 14:03:53 »
In Florida and nothing yet. No tracking number to check against. All my PMs and emails from the last couple weeks appear to have been ignored since I have not gotten a response back from a single one.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Ryan Uber

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 03:21:21 »
Overall, this case is worth the money I spent on it.

47839-0

I ordered the silver finish. It looks a bit more like crinkled tin foil than I expected, which is kind of a bummer as it doesn't match Mac gear anywhere near how well the Vortex finish did. Maybe it will look better in the daylight...

47841-1

When I dropped my case in the first time and tightened everything, the board was still pretty loose inside of the case, since the plate no longer directly anchors to the bottom part of the case. Instead, the bottom part of the case anchors to the top part of the case straight through the pcb/plate, not really fastening it to anything. What I tried first was using the rectangular rubber feet to pad upward from the case bottom. They didn't quite reach, but in hindsight, perhaps the rounded feet would have. What I ended up doing was using the rectangular rubber feet to pad from the top layer downward. This seems to work pretty well and there is no play in the board now.

47843-2

One other minor annoyance was that I had to remove the pull relief rubber piece from my Paranoid cable for it to fit the case. I don't move my keyboard often so its not a deal breaker for me, but the case was definitely designed with the stock Filco cable in mind.

I am satisfied with the case overall, but given the choice again, would probably have chosen black considering the two options, unless that finish comes out glossy and super-shiny too.

Here it is next to the Vortex for comparison:

47845-3

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 07:48:29 »
Looks nice

Offline Saviant

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 07:54:55 »
That looks nice, can't wait to see the black case now and get mine hopefully some time soon

Offline sheknet

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:08:45 »
Sorry, no more are available.

These items should be shipped out to those of you who paid this week.  If the shipping is not paid, then I will refund you.  I will give an e-mail update real soon.

Sorry, we had to deal a lot on our hands lately.

Hi Sherry, pls check PM. thanks.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 07:22:51 »
Does it feel any different to type on than the plastic case? I initially wanted to get an aluminum case before I even got my filco in the mail because I thought it would be baller - but after actually receiving the filco and holding it - I'm not sure if it needs any more than the plastic case its in. This thing already feels so damn solid; its built like a tank!

I'm just wondering what the allure of a aluminum case is. If its actually worth it - I may consider looking into it again.

Offline archer

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 08:49:36 »
I tend to type in a fast, ham-fisted way.. so I bottom out a lot (trying to fix that). Since I've thrown my Filco into this aluminum case, I've definitely noticed that typing is a lot quieter. I think this is because the vibration of the key bottoming out doesn't resonate as much through the aluminum as it does through the stock, plastic case.

I hope that makes sense.

That's the main difference that I've noticed since installing the new case over the weekend. I love the look of it.. and I love that my keyboard weighs a metric ton now. And I think the keyboard looks pretty pimp. The lines on the case are very clean. The 2 piece construction was simple to put together. I'm extremely happy with this purchase!

I'll post pics later when I'm at home.

Thanks, Sherry!  :thumb:

Now if only I could find a similar case for a 75% keyboard! xD
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:04:09 by archer »

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 13:32:31 »
I thought about the Vertex case but I heard bad things about it. How does this differ from that? It looks very similar.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:51:03 »
I thought about the Vertex case but I heard bad things about it. How does this differ from that? It looks very similar.

The precision of the milling and the quality is considerably better on these cases than the Vortex cases. On my Realforce case when I slide over where the top and bottom halves of the case meet for the most part I can't even feel that it isn't one solid piece of aluminum unless I'm looking at it. Pretty damn amazing I'd say, and I am quite happy with my purchase. I intend to have it privately anodized later so I can get a nifty color for it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2013, 10:35:32 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 17:33:17 »
For the filco - you don't need a new plate for it, do you? Or do you just use the plate that comes with the Filco?

Is anyone interested in selling their black aluminum case for the filco magestouch 2? Its for a good kitten!

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 18:42:42 »
Still waiting for my Filco one here in CA.  Anyone have any pics of a black one?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Saviant

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 01:35:24 »
I received my Filco case today, I am so in love with it, thing ways at least twice my MKC case. The quality is beyond anything I have owned. I see why people love the KMACS they make. I will snap some shots of it later.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 10:21:26 »
I received my Filco case today, I am so in love with it, thing ways at least twice my MKC case. The quality is beyond anything I have owned. I see why people love the KMACS they make. I will snap some shots of it later.

Wow I've never seen that one before.  The internet surprises me every day. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Saviant

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 09:49:41 »
As I said I would upload some photos of the case, Couldn't find my camera so took them with my iPhone

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 21:59:56 »
Still haven't received mine.  Would it be possible to get a tracking number for it?

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 05:43:50 »
Can someone please post the weight of both cases?
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 18:46:35 »
Still haven't received mine.  Would it be possible to get a tracking number for it?

On the same boat

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 23:59:55 »
Good to hear.  I know I was one of the last ones to order.   I'll post when mine arrives.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 20:32:23 »
It's been a +6 weeks (12th of December 2013) since I've paid an extra $15USD on top of the $50USD I've paid when purchased. I was told it would be sent via Priority Mail International and nothing has arrived. Just wondering what's going on? Has anyone else then CONUS resident received the case? 

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 00:47:38 »
February now and I still haven't received mine.

Offline sheknet

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 10:46:30 »
February now and I still haven't received mine.

Me neither, and I have emailed a couple of times but not yet heard.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 01:24:50 »

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 23:13:11 »
Most of the items need to reach around 35 MOQ.  I think I can my friend down a bit.

sherry when will the products be ready to deliver?

The guy is really fast.  He usually takes around 1 month.

Almost 5 months still nothing.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:47:31 »
I received my case today (Australia), however the feet, bumpers and screws were missing. Hope this can be fixed  :'(

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 02:51:43 »
I received my case today (Australia), however the feet, bumpers and screws were missing. Hope this can be fixed  :'(

Ouch  :'(

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:13:49 »
Maybe there's hope I'll still get it eventually then. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:15:32 »
Maybe there's hope I'll still get it eventually then. 

Seeing as how you are in the same state I can't imagine why you would still have to be waiting.

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 02:08:59 »
This is unbelievable  :o

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 02:52:43 »
After 5 emails, 8 PM's. Should I just forget about this? Where can I get similar feet for it?

Offline pasph

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 04:08:10 »
After 5 emails, 8 PM's. Should I just forget about this? Where can I get similar feet for it?

http://kbdmod.com/product/detail.html?product_no=26&cate_no=12&display_group=1
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 18:10:39 »
Is it me or did the title of this thread change to add (Shipped / Shipping)? 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 02:13:01 »
Is it me or did the title of this thread change to add (Shipped / Shipping)? 

Maybe back in Dec-2013 (between the 1st and the 7th).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ