Author Topic: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?  (Read 162015 times)

Offline Vintage

Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #550 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 18:08:34 »
I still think it needs more labeling. I'm telling you guys  :p

Show Image

Yup, that's home-made.

That's really cool.

How did you make that exactly? Was it easy?
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #551 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 18:25:16 »
I still think it needs more labeling. I'm telling you guys  :p

Show Image

Yup, that's home-made.

That's really cool.

How did you make that exactly? Was it easy?

Would be easier if you asked the actual guy who made that one:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=22898

The acrylic was ordered from a certain company, all he did was the plotter itself and had the idea.
Though his english is baaaad...  :p
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #552 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 22:18:19 »
Shame can't purchase from the CM shop as Australia is hated once again  :( That red one is so cool. I want one.
You can get these under 4 lbs pretty easily, so it'd only be $25-$30 for First class international mail.
Fairly sure last time I checked their online store didn't even ship to Australia. I can buy one here online, but not cheap like CONSUS and that get.
They don't, but I can mail-forward you one. It'd be about as expensive as a filco after shipping. Worth it!
--
I got mine in the mail today. It's awesome! I gamed on it for some time, and I really like it! My room-mate uses a QFR with blues, so it's easy to compare the sounds. I just wish I had a microphone or a camera so I can capture the differences for everyone.

After several hours, the greens are heavy, but enjoyable. It'll take me a bit to get used to them. With keyboards of such different weights, it's hard not to bottom out on everything.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 November 2012, 22:22:04 by dorkvader »

Offline reality404

« Reply #553 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:31:55 »
I just received a cherry mx browns QFW with the UK layout from scan.co.uk. No branding apart from a label on the back side of the keyboard.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 07:55:55 »
Shame can't purchase from the CM shop as Australia is hated once again  :( That red one is so cool. I want one.
You can get these under 4 lbs pretty easily, so it'd only be $25-$30 for First class international mail.
Fairly sure last time I checked their online store didn't even ship to Australia. I can buy one here online, but not cheap like CONSUS and that get.
They don't, but I can mail-forward you one. It'd be about as expensive as a filco after shipping. Worth it!
--
I got mine in the mail today. It's awesome! I gamed on it for some time, and I really like it! My room-mate uses a QFR with blues, so it's easy to compare the sounds. I just wish I had a microphone or a camera so I can capture the differences for everyone.

After several hours, the greens are heavy, but enjoyable. It'll take me a bit to get used to them. With keyboards of such different weights, it's hard not to bottom out on everything.

Greens are my new favorite switch. I hate to say it, but I like them more than buckling spring. They are MUCH heavier than blues. They were even heavier than my Unicomp! And the noise of an MX green is more appealing than either MX blues or BS's to me. This was probably the single best purchasing decision I made, outside of that ducky YOTD with reds, because it really does make gaming easier with light, linear switches.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #555 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 09:14:41 »
Greens are my new favorite switch. I hate to say it, but I like them more than buckling spring. They are MUCH heavier than blues. They were even heavier than my Unicomp! And the noise of an MX green is more appealing than either MX blues or BS's to me. This was probably the single best purchasing decision I made, outside of that ducky YOTD with reds, because it really does make gaming easier with light, linear switches.

Cheers,

So you like it then? :D

Offline wetto

« Reply #556 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 10:22:01 »
Hope CM makes this a permanent model then... The feedback for the Greens seems awesome, and I want to try it...
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #557 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 10:30:16 »

Cheers,

So you like it then? :D

Yeah sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet! It's really nice but it's taking a lot of time to get used to since I'm bouncing between these greens, my buckling spring for typing at home, and those reds for gaming. My fingers are really effing confused right now!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline goliath66

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 10:53:49 »
I ordered a blue from amazon last night. It should be here within a few days. I'll update once I get it. That non labeled one looks so clean. :cool:

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #559 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:19:00 »
i just received the browns from Amazon and NO BRANDING! So it seems that the blues have the branding and the others don't.  :confused:

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #560 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 05:14:53 »
Greens are my new favorite switch. I hate to say it, but I like them more than buckling spring. They are MUCH heavier than blues. They were even heavier than my Unicomp!

WOW. I guess there is no happy medium with Cherry switches. I was thinking about something with MX white, but not if they're the same weight as the greens. The weighting on my Alps black is OK, but not gonna get into anything heavier.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #561 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 10:19:26 »
You have to go with custom Korean springs to get finer-grained control over the switch force.  I'm really curious what an "ergo-white" would be like.
Russ

Offline nullstring

« Reply #562 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 11:19:10 »
I received my QFR brown a few days ago from amazon. Came with no branding!

Pics? Can you confirm you don't have a spanish layout or anything.

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 17:42:03 »
You have to go with custom Korean springs to get finer-grained control over the switch force.  I'm really curious what an "ergo-white" would be like.
Someone on GH has already done this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37026.msg704701#msg704701
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline goliath66

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:14:49 »
Just got the keyboard last night from amazon with no branding. Looks, and feels great.  ;D

Offline phx

« Reply #565 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:51:23 »
Just got the keyboard last night from amazon with no branding. Looks, and feels great.  ;D
is it brown or blue switch?

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #566 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:55:29 »
In Stock.
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.

This makes me a sad panda.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #567 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 22:16:40 »
Anyone have a new branded spacebar they don't want? 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 00:29:15 »
Someone on GH has already done this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37026.msg704701#msg704701
The name is "Light White" or "white Light". Spread the proper name, as it's too good to not be used. I am considering putting some 62g springs into whites, based on that person's findings.

In Stock.
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.

This makes me a sad panda.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37277.0 Some GH'ers can help mail-forward you one!

I have one that I'll sell for $shipping, or trade straight for a keycap you may have and don't want. I actually have two. One might have been used for an hour or so, but there's nothing noticeable. PM me if interested.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #569 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:07:41 »
I'll check it out, Thanks!

I may have soon. I'll PM you.

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #570 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 16:06:56 »
Just got my QFR with greens. Gotta say I love it a lot. The QFR really seems solid and the greens are amazing. I really like the rubberized feeling the case has it makes it seem really slick. The font on the keycaps isn't that bad and I think I can live with them for a while. 10/10 would buy again.
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:18:10 »
So I just ordered my Quickfire Rapid Red with branding for $85 at my local PC distributer. I'm happy, I was willing to spend a fair bit more than that to get a logoless imported but with the money saved I should be able to get some nice caps and finally have a sweet typing/gaming experience.  :)

I'll send you the spacebar once I get caps, gameaholic.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:21:53 »
My friend got one without any label during the 30% off for his Rapid reds.

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:34:03 »
Australia?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #574 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:40:10 »
Out of curiosity, where from?  Does that include shipping?  I got mine for $82 from CPL (pickup).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #575 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:45:08 »
Me? Centercom. They're ok. The prices seem decent and I find the service pretty good.

http://www.centrecom.com.au/

I ordered it by phone and should be picking it up shortly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:49:35 by LollyWater »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 23:55:09 »
I didn't know they sold QFR.  Hmmm, they are slightly easier for me to visit than CPL - a shame I didn't know that beforehand.  Oh well, I've got my QFR and I'm happy :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LollyWater

« Reply #577 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:18:44 »
They aren't, hence why I had to order. ;)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #578 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 14:48:17 »
This might have been answered earlier in the thread but I don't really feel like reading through 20 pages to find out atm, but how difficult would it be to just order a clean case straight from CM?
Or would I have to contact the EU part of CM to get a proper answer for that?

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #579 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:23:51 »
This might have been answered earlier in the thread but I don't really feel like reading through 20 pages to find out atm, but how difficult would it be to just order a clean case straight from CM?

LOL its in here somewhere... but Carter an employee said they were 'incoming' if I remember right... No word since. [It would also obviously void the warranty]

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #580 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:27:52 »

LOL its in here somewhere... but Carter an employee said they were 'incoming' if I remember right... No word since. [It would also obviously void the warranty]
Ah, thanks.
Not worried about the warranty as I'm planning on painting the case I have now if there are no easier options.
And yeah, hoping Carter reads this as I'd rather not bother him with a PM as he probably gets enough of those.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #581 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 15:28:48 »
My friend got one without any label during the 30% off for his Rapid reds.
Wow nice.

Hope Carter does another offer like that soon.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #582 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 17:31:18 »

Ah, thanks.
Not worried about the warranty as I'm planning on painting the case I have now if there are no easier options.
And yeah, hoping Carter reads this as I'd rather not bother him with a PM as he probably gets enough of those.

I ordered them a while ago. Will check forecast this week when im back in the office and update everyone....

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #583 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 18:00:48 »

Ah, thanks.

I ordered them a while ago. Will check forecast this week when im back in the office and update everyone....

Thank you, although will this be just for the US?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #584 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 04:48:12 »
[It would also obviously void the warranty]
This is questionable. I don't know about Norway, but laws in the EU protect customers a lot. For example BS such as "removing this sticker voids warranty" is irrelevant here.

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 05:35:49 »
Carter only has power in the Americas.  Europe and Asia and Australia and Africa and Antarctica are outside his jurisdiction.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline wetto

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 06:17:10 »
Carter only has power in the Americas.  Europe and Asia and Australia and Africa and Antarctica are outside his jurisdiction.

Not the entire Americas, I think he has no power over the South American CM team as well.
My collection:
More

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #587 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 06:43:17 »
Yeah, I know that, but I assume the different branches talk together since they're still under the same company. Even if Carter can't do much about it, I could just try sending the EU branch a mail and ask them about it.

[It would also obviously void the warranty]
This is questionable. I don't know about Norway, but laws in the EU protect customers a lot. For example BS such as "removing this sticker voids warranty" is irrelevant here.
I know Norway has quite a few protective laws of our own, and since we're sorta part of the EU, but sorta not, we might have some of the EU rules as well. But I think the sticker thing might also be irrelevant in Norway, I haven't checked yet.

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #588 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 08:45:24 »

Not the entire Americas, I think he has no power over the South American CM team as well.
I think you are right.  I think his dominion only covers Canada, USA and Mexico.

But if he deals with the Espanol (I donno how to type the squiggly n on windoze) keyboards then it would sort of make sense that maybe he did Panama, Columbia, Venezuela, but they are a long ways away....

Do they have CM QFR in Brazil?  Does Brazil have its own special keyboard layout?  or is it exactly the same as Portugal?
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline wetto

« Reply #589 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 08:51:33 »

I think you are right.  I think his dominion only covers Canada, USA and Mexico.

But if he deals with the Espanol (I donno how to type the squiggly n on windoze) keyboards then it would sort of make sense that maybe he did Panama, Columbia, Venezuela, but they are a long ways away....

Do they have CM QFR in Brazil?  Does Brazil have its own special keyboard layout?  or is it exactly the same as Portugal?

Yes, they do and we have a special keyboard layout. It's called ABNT2 and this is how it looks:

And this is how the Portugal - Portuguese layout loooks like:

BTW, press CTRL + ALT + N for the ñ
My collection:
More

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #590 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 09:25:37 »
Why does Brazil have a different layout from Portugal?

CTRL-ALT-N absolutely does not work on this XP SP3 box :(

I tried every combination of the ALTs and CTRLs

Maybe it works for you because you are using .br keymap

On Amiga you can type all eurochars no matter what keymap you are using. 

Offline wetto

« Reply #591 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 12:52:11 »
Why does Brazil have a different layout from Portugal?

CTRL-ALT-N absolutely does not work on this XP SP3 box :(

I tried every combination of the ALTs and CTRLs

Maybe it works for you because you are using .br keymap

On Amiga you can type all eurochars no matter what keymap you are using.

I don't know, the keymaps date long before computers were even available here, found on type-writers obviously, as you can see on these keyboards I have:

That Compaq is actually 12 years old. The typewriter is almost 50 years old.

Actually, I'm typing on a "United States - International" keymap, so, CTRL + ALT + N =  ñ

Just change your layout to English (United States) - "United States - International" layout and you'll be able to do it too.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 November 2012, 12:56:03 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline Citna

« Reply #592 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 02:33:16 »
I placed an order through the CM store last week or so for a QFR with browns and I asked for no branding. It came in the mail today and it doesn't have any branding but they seem to have sent me the Spanish layout. I went into the live chat on the website when I found out about it and they are going to send me a new board + a shipping label. Only thing that sucks is they can't ship the new one until next week due to inventory :(
Realforce 87U - HHKB2

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 07:09:18 »
Hi all,

First time poster, had been over on a subreddit that directed me here.

The CM Storm keyboard is being recommended to me, and I'm just wondering where is the best place to buy.

I'm located in Ireland, Europe, and am looking for this board unbranded, with MX Browns.

Thanks in advance,
Doc.

EDIT*

Just found the CM EU store
http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/keyboards/quick-fire-rapid-gaming-keyboard/

Unfortunately appears to be black switches, I was looking for Browns.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2012, 07:12:32 by TheDoc »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 07:25:04 »
Hi all,

First time poster, had been over on a subreddit that directed me here.

The CM Storm keyboard is being recommended to me, and I'm just wondering where is the best place to buy.

I'm located in Ireland, Europe, and am looking for this board unbranded, with MX Browns.

Thanks in advance,
Doc.

EDIT*

Just found the CM EU store
http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/keyboards/quick-fire-rapid-gaming-keyboard/

Unfortunately appears to be black switches, I was looking for Browns.
You might have to wait a bit if you want it unbranded, from what I gather the brandless cases is something they've just introduced in the US, no word on EU yet.
The QFR should be available in other stores than CM's own if you don't mind getting a branded one.

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #595 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 07:27:34 »
Thanks for the response,

I'm looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard so I've a number of options at the moment, gathering feedback from experienced users. Might take it to a new thread to avoid de-railing.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 07:31:13 »
Thanks for the response,

I'm looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard so I've a number of options at the moment, gathering feedback from experienced users. Might take it to a new thread to avoid de-railing.
Well, the QFR is what most people will recommend since it's high quality and cheap, second on the list would probably be a Filco, which is the same quality as the QFR, looks sleeker but costs more and, in my opinion, has worse keycaps.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 08:19:47 »
Thanks for the link. I didn't know they had official shop in the EU. Unfortunately, it displays shipping cost only after registration, but I hate making (novelty) accounts.

Offline goliath66

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 13:58:21 »
is it brown or blue switch?

It is a blue, Finally starting to get used to the difference and I have to say its great. I think my next keyboard might be a black.  ;D

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #599 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 02:46:50 »
Thanks for the link. I didn't know they had official shop in the EU. Unfortunately, it displays shipping cost only after registration, but I hate making (novelty) accounts.

I normally shop with overclockers.co.uk , mailed them about the board and they said they have no idea when coming back in stock, and they do black switch only : /