Author Topic: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2  (Read 267359 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: [Orders Closed] Phantom PCB R2
« Reply #1200 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 12:15:38 »
Weekly update. All validated domestic orders have been shipped. My order spreadsheet has been updated with this information. If you have not validated your order yet please notify me via PM if your information is correct. Due to the many layers of confusion surrounding this group buy, I will not be shipping any order that hasn't been validated. If you don't recall validating your information with me you can view your order status here. I will be sending out a second wave of PM/emails to those outstanding orders.

Tomorrow I will be sending out all validated Canadian orders.

Regarding international orders, I'm going to get my butt in gear and come to a decision on how to handle them. If people are fine with their items shipping without a tracing number, I will most likely ship via the US postal service. But this is still TBD.

Offline simkev

« Reply #1201 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 15:58:27 »
I don't think I will ever get my phantom  :'(
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:14:54 »
Validated Canadian orders have shipped. Additionally, I had one more validated domestic order that shipped Monday.

Offline Pipe

« Reply #1203 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 01:45:58 »
Regarding international orders, I'm going to get my butt in gear and come to a decision on how to handle them. If people are fine with their items shipping without a tracing number, I will most likely ship via the US postal service. But this is still TBD.
Is it much more expensive to send them with a tracking number through USPS? I'd prefer to have it. I trust you Wildcard, but I don't trust my mailman.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 06:56:38 »
Actually, all international packages sent through USPS include a tracking number. It's called a "Customs Number" but it's included even with First Class mail, all the way up to Global Express Guaranteed.

Now, actually tracking the package is something else. EMS (Priority Express) is an international standard, and therefore pretty easy to track globally. To track any item sent via USPS, you track it using the USPS website, until it leaves the US. Once that happens, the USPS will likely not update any longer, and the item must be tracked using your own country's postal tracking service.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 07:27:12 »
Thanks Wildcard, my Phantom kit came yesterday very nice packaging. I will have a nice Holiday project Thanks to you sir!!!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 08:02:54 »
Actually, all international packages sent through USPS include a tracking number. It's called a "Customs Number" but it's included even with First Class mail, all the way up to Global Express Guaranteed.

Now, actually tracking the package is something else. EMS (Priority Express) is an international standard, and therefore pretty easy to track globally. To track any item sent via USPS, you track it using the USPS website, until it leaves the US. Once that happens, the USPS will likely not update any longer, and the item must be tracked using your own country's postal tracking service.

Good to know. I recall when I was in the post office they provided a number but I'm pretty sure it doesn't track the package through its complete transit in the same way UPS does. It will provide a shipping confirmation. Shipping to Canada was around $18, ouch.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 08:08:15 »

Good to know. I recall when I was in the post office they provided a number but I'm pretty sure it doesn't track the package through its complete transit in the same way UPS does. It will provide a shipping confirmation. Shipping to Canada was around $18, ouch.

It all depends on the destination, I've had some where I got tracking updates all the way through delivery through USPS, some where I could track in country and some that once they leave US don't track at all.

For those interested I find this website very useful for tracking http://www.track-trace.com/post

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1208 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:27:30 »
I honestly don't care how much shipping is anymore, just want my phantom :) I've got an awesome case that's only attracting dust for some time now ^^

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1209 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:17:49 »
Received mine friday working well so far - just need some stabilizers to finish it off.

Thanks Wildcard, you're a star for sorting all this mess out.

[)amien

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1210 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 07:04:19 »
Any updates on this Wildcard?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1211 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 22:19:22 »
Any updates on this Wildcard?

Sorry everyone, the holiday(s) and work got in the way. Now that things are slowing down I have time again to finish these. I just ordered a postage scale so I can purchase USPS first class international postage from my home. I also found out I can do customs forms online which will save me a ton of time. Please stay patient with me, I want to get these shipped out just as much as you guys want to get them. I'm going to be very very happy once I have time again to actually get my own Phantom built :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 12:28:33 by Wildcard »

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 14:34:56 »
Thanks for the update Wildcard :) don't worry about it, just wanted to hear how things were going since it had been a while. I think for most people work combined with the holidays are indeed an intensive period.
Once the Phantoms get built, we'll all be happy :D

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #1213 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 23:41:04 »
If you have anyone that's dropped out, I'll take one.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1214 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 10:37:19 »
GOOD NEWS ~ ANYONE UP FOR JENGA?

Everything has been packaged and I'll be printing off the postage/customs forms later today. I have to make a trip to my office supplies store again to get sticky printer sheets. I think the store knows me by name now :)) .

Until these orders ship, they are currently under lock and key and are being watched by a slightly overweight guard dog.

More

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:36:06 by Wildcard »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1215 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 10:40:03 »
Great news. Thanks a lot Wildcard.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1216 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 09:50:50 »

Everything has been packaged and I'll be printing off the postage/customs forms later today. I have to make a trip to my office supplies store again to get sticky printer sheets. I think the store knows me by name now :)) .

Show Image

Until these orders ship, they are currently under lock and key and are being watched by a slightly overweight guard dog.

That dog is adorable.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1217 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 10:00:33 »

Show Image

How do you keep up with what box is for who?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1218 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 12:43:41 »
dude wildcard you look like you are shipping that stuff proper. I lost the picture of how bavman shipped my phantom order but it was horrible, no padding just pcbs sandwiched in plates in envelope and it was bent. but I guess I was lucky to just get my phantom from bav at all.

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1219 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 13:24:28 »
Awesome Wildcard! The end is near. And yeah, that is one hell of a guard dog ;)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1220 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:32:46 »
That dog is adorable.
He's got a little ego though.
dude wildcard you look like you are shipping that stuff proper. I lost the picture of how bavman shipped my phantom order but it was horrible, no padding just pcbs sandwiched in plates in envelope and it was bent. but I guess I was lucky to just get my phantom from bav at all.

I actually had to unpack the few orders that were packaged by him because they weren't packaged well IMO. I wrap the boards in bubble wrap and then suspend that using peanuts or air bags. I wish these boxes were a few inches wider but they still left enough room on the sides.
How do you keep up with what box is for who?

Dammit, I knew I forgot something. I have to un-package these now. LOL, no I have an order form with tear off tags which I tape to the boxes. I then print off multiple shipping labels and match them to the tags.
Awesome Wildcard! The end is near. And yeah, that is one hell of a guard dog ;)

He looks cute and fluffy at first, but watch out for those sharp point teeth! :) 
More
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:35:00 by Wildcard »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1221 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 00:49:33 »
Ok postage is on the boxes, customs forms are done, everything is ready to be dropped off. Everyone who provided an email address you should be receiving a delivery confirmation from The US Postal Service once the boxes are scanned in tomorrow evening.

Additionally, I had a few more US orders that finally were validated that shipped out earlier this week.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 18:39:36 »
Everything I have has finally been shipped and Bavman's Phantom R2 box of stuff that I picked up several months ago is finally empty. Now with that being said...

I want to take a moment to recognize several people who's helped this group buy reach the end.

Matt3o - Without the support and constant communication that Matt3o was able to make with Bavman, this would all have been impossible. Matt3o was able to communicate with Bavman after his extended absence from geekhack and was able to get Bavman to start working with me.

Bpiphany - for allowing us to re-make the Phantom

WFD - For all the work he did in getting the plates cut. Also, without WFD's detailed records, I wouldn't have been able to piece together all the jumbled order information I had.

And I want to thank the GH community for being patient with me as I tried to make this group buy work in what has been one of the roughest years for me to date. This was, without a doubt, the group buy I never wanted to run. But I felt compelled to reach out to a member in trouble and try to salvage what I could.

Thanks again everyone, and let the building begin!

That's all folks :thumb:

*** WILDCARD ***

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1223 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 20:34:28 »
...And all of those that pitched in extra money, just so others could get their stuff. ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1224 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 21:00:50 »
Finally. GLHF builders!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1225 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 21:45:30 »
Wow, Im really bummed I missed out on this. Im watching WFD's build tutorial on youtube now and these look like they would have been a lot of fun to build. If Phantom v3 ever comes about I will one of the first to get in line for that. After seeing the cluster**** this GB turned into though Im not going to hold my breath :(

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 06:03:45 »
Awesome! Thanks so much for doing this for all of us Wildcard, even while having a tough year. You have my utmost respect :)

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:09:06 »
Now... who wants to organize a cool alumin(i)um case?

[)amien

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:20:39 »
...And all of those that pitched in extra money, just so others could get their stuff. ;)

Yes!!! I almost forgot, I want to thank everyone who contributed. I had the obvious expenses, travelling to meet Bavman (gas, hotel, etc..) along with the my other unexpected expenses (increases in international postage, some packaging materials, postage scale, etc...) Your support helped make this an overall success. Thank you again :thumb:

Offline nebo

« Reply #1229 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 18:54:16 »
Just wanted to throw out another thank you to Wildcard for getting all of these out. Just got mine today. Now to find some stabilizers (hint hint, if anyone knows where to get some costar 7x) and I'm set. Feels like nearly a year later but just looking at the PCB makes it worth it.

Offline Pipe

« Reply #1230 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:54:28 »
Thank you Wildcard.  I'm sorry that online form didn't work. USPS tracking is working perfectly fine.
Now to find some stabilizers (hint hint, if anyone knows where to get some costar 7x) and I'm set. Feels like nearly a year later but just looking at the PCB makes it worth it.
I'm looking for 7x stabilizers (cherry or costar) as well. I didn't order anything because I didn't expect to ever get my phantom. So if anyone is desperate to get rid of some cherry stabs or a case let me know. :)

Offline Proc31

« Reply #1231 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 06:35:40 »
Now to find some stabilizers (hint hint, if anyone knows where to get some costar 7x) and I'm set.

Lister has created a guide on how to make them.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1232 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:41:09 »
Sadly I don't have any or the switches to spare. You don't need the wire with cherry correct? If so I'm sure those would be easier to get a hold of and I've never really tried them that way.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1233 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:44:23 »
I followed Litser's guide and made my own 7x wire without the bump in the middle (didn't need it and it's hard) so have the tools and some wire left over to make a few more.

If anyone wants one (for free) let me know - I'll even cover USA postage (while stocks last)

For those wanting their own tools and wire http://www.riders.com/ had the items in stock at good prices.

[)amien
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:57:01 by DamienG »

Offline nebo

« Reply #1234 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:55:12 »
I'd take one but I'll cover postage because I hate being too much of a free loader. Now just to find costar stabs for the four other keys + the little clips to connect them (this is all that's needed for the spacebar correct?). :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 13:57:54 by nebo »

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1235 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:01:31 »
Yup, you need a pair of those clips for each key you want to stabilize.

WASD sell the 2x stabilizer for the other keys http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-parts/cherry-mx-stabilizer-spring-for-2x-keycaps.html#ad-image-0 - even the wider shift only uses a 2x stabilizer bar.

PM me your address and I'll try and get it in the mail today.

[)amien

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1236 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 15:48:17 »
I followed Litser's guide and made my own 7x wire without the bump in the middle (didn't need it and it's hard) so have the tools and some wire left over to make a few more.

If anyone wants one (for free) let me know - I'll even cover USA postage (while stocks last)

For those wanting their own tools and wire http://www.riders.com/ had the items in stock at good prices.

[)amien

I will take one as well, I'll cover postage too.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Proc31

« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 09:00:28 »

[)amien

I've sent you a PM. Thanks for the offer!

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 22:31:36 »
Okay, nine bars that aren't too shabby are being packed ready to head out into the world.

[)amien

Offline TDub

« Reply #1239 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 06:17:05 »
Got my Phantom today!!! Wildcard, thank you so much for making it possible!

Offline xauser

« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:07:49 »
Mine arrived as well, safe and sound! Thank you wildcard!

Offline pasph

« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:46:04 »
It's incredible that all of you got those before i can get mine from WFD
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1242 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:50:23 »
Glad to see everyones boards are arriving safely :)

Also, if anyone runs into any issues let me know and I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:52:27 by Wildcard »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 09:13:06 »
It came! It finally came! THANK YOU WILDCARD!
github

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1244 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 14:44:58 »

So how did the box look when you received it? Did the extra padding on the inside help the box keep its shape during transit.

I used 2 large bags of packaging peanuts in addition to the bubble wrap to keep these safe. :)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #1245 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 14:49:47 »

So how did the box look when you received it? Did the extra padding on the inside help the box keep its shape during transit.

I used 2 large bags of packaging peanuts in addition to the bubble wrap to keep these safe. :)
The box looked completely untouched. Great packaging.
github

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1246 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 00:29:38 »

The box looked completely untouched. Great packaging.

Awesome. Enjoy your build :thumb:

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 13:15:58 »
Damien, I received the wires already yesterday! That was crazy fast shipping O_O Thanks again for these. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future if I can hook you up with something.

And Wildcard, your package has arrived as well! Still have to get it from the post office though :( those buttmunchers wouldn't let me pick it up the same evening. Anyway, very excited! :) thanks a million, the same goes for you as I mentioned above ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 January 2014, 13:21:13 by Paranoid »

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1248 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 13:22:40 »
Damien, I received the wires already yesterday! That was crazy fast shipping O_O Thanks again for these. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future if I can hook you up with something.

And Wildcard, your package has arrived as well! Still have to get it from the post office though :( those buttmunchers wouldn't let me pick it up the same evening. Anyway, very excited! :) thanks a million, the same goes for you as I mentioned above ;)

Damien is a saint, I received my 7x spacebar wires as well, they are perfect!
Gotta collect them all

Offline reality404

« Reply #1249 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 23:13:43 »
Got the PCB a couple weeks ago. Thanks Wildcard for shipping my order it was very well packed.