Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872340 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1950 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:03:11 »
I'm late, but I just bought Diablo III.

Not too late :P Just in time for Reaper of Souls, and you didn't have to go through the hell we Day1Buyers had to go through from the first night up until the recent 2.0.1 patch. You only get to see the good side of this game :P

The whole original version of Diablo 3 was ****. Having your account hacked and all your loot stolen for Blizz to then just turn around saying "well that's your fault for not having an authenticator" when people with them where still get hit was pretty awful.
Since loot 2 patch the game has been much much better, though the expansion is crazy expensive

Oh trust me, I know the original D3 was absolute ****. Not only did I experience the day 1 (night) error codes, but I also experienced my account being hacked during a crucial time, and they ended up rolling me back by days (hours upon hours of play time), and I was greeted by an almost bare account... let's just say I quit the game very soon after (after I beat inferno pre-patch, as in before inferno was nerfed with different levels) up until after patch 2.0.1.

I must agree that $40 for an update is quite expensive, but at the same time, the new act is extremely large and long, and the new player class is quite impressive and is currently my favorite. I've already put close to 60-70+ hours since it has been out, and that's coming from someone who despised the original game :P People should definitely pick this up! It's awesome.

Yeah, the new patch and expansion(an actual expansion, in this day and age!) makes the game so much better. I didn't really have much of a problem with the old D3 except for the fact that it was kinda boring, but now it is so much fun.

And they brought back the hammerdin. That was a happy discovery.

So yeah, I was coming into this thread to say that I am currently playing D3. Got my Crusader to 70 and currently working on getting a Demon Hunter to 70(6 levels to go), although I made a new one rather than level my old 60 DH because I felt like making another DH.
After that I'll probably work on getting my wizard to 70.

I don't know about that... I mean the new patch has made the game really great and I've been playing with my Barb and DH alot... almost to lvl 60 now with my DH... but I've heard the new act can be finished in an hour or two... :/
I really think that the adventure mode should have been given to everyone to bought D3 day1 as a sorry for the cluster **** that the main game was for almost its entire life and then made the expansion more meaningful.

Adventure mode sounds really cool, but knowing Blizzard, the time-frame for the updates they have said they want to give it put me off buying the expansion for probably another year or so lol... I mean ****, getting them to do anything they have promised or said they would for Sc2 has been a harrowing experience... and given that they have only just fixed the vanilla game, I put little faith in them bringing any of the cool **** to market any time soon lol

That said, I'm still having a good time playing though the vanilla game with friends and solo... I've really enjoyed just chilling out with some music and killing some fools

Yeah, the original D3 was boring, but it was boring IMO because the whole reason for playing was to farm gold so one can spend the majority of their time in the auction house. Auction House was the primary reason D3 never really worked for me, and it defeated the reason to play. Many of my friends pretty much spent 30% of their time actually playing the game, which during that time, they were farming for gold and praying to god for a decent drop, and then spending the remaining 70% of the time buying and reselling items in the auction house for gold... :( This also brings to light the fact that you couldn't play end game (inferno) without buying the majority of your gear. RoS is drastically different.

Not only is the Real Auction House GONE and now people are actually playing the game to get better gear, but in RoS, one can actually find gear that lets you survive Torment I-II, which has plenty of great drops constantly coming out. After starting RoS, I replaced my high end gear which cost me a fortune (in gold/never spent real money), which I was using for over year without having to replace even one part, in like a day. Not only that, I'm still replacing my gear at least 2 items at a time a day.

The new skills are also pretty awesome. I have only experienced the Crusader and Wizard 70 skills but man does it change a lot. The wizard, which was my main in D3, is so much better with black hole, and mixes things up with different combinations of active and passive skills.

Adventure mode is everything and is what will/does make this game a real "endless" experience. Before with the original, I couldn't spend more than 2 hours every 3 days playing because Crypt Runs were so horribly boring and repetitive, and it was pretty much the only thing to do in the original which wasn't just wasting time. If you were lucky, you could get a decent group to do it efficiently and get okay experience, and if you were even luckier, you were rewarded with a useless legendary that you could sell in the auction house lol. This new mode lets me go anywhere at anytime for a fun dungeon run with different monsters, different areas, and different mission types, and provides real rewards. Not only were you rewarded with lots of experience and high chances of upgrade gear, you also get blood shards which you use to buy/gamble gear from a merchant that can result in a legendary, horadric cache bags after completing a map of missions which gives a bunch of random goodies, which can also result in legendary goodies. Rift keys are also given which are used to open a rift that is pretty much kill until you summon a big boss for lots of experience and higher chance of even better loot. What makes this even better is that you could do all this in small sittings if you wanted. A person can jump on RoS and play for 30 minutes if they wanted and still get their fair share of experience and rewards. This was near impossible in the last game IMO.

I do agree though that Blizzard is absolute **** right now. They aren't even a quarter of what they used to be pre-World of Warcraft days (yeah, I'm a WoW hateboy; sue me). WHERE THE HELL IS MY WARCRAFT 4, oh right, they are too busy spending time creating more ****ty WoW expansions bc dem cash cow.

I don't know what the original game has gotten in terms of upgrades since RoS release but I think adventure mode should be given because it changes how the game is played. With that said however, I think being able to reach level 70 and obtaining the new skills is important. The new gear that can be obtained at higher levels is also crucial for being able to fight things in Torment levels. That kind of stuff being locked out of the original, I think is normal, along with the new Act. But yeah, it would've been better if the whole thing was just free to those who suffered through D3 SINCE day 1 or early buyers as an apology, but only to those who have had the game since early into the release of the original. The people who joined after pre-patch (patch that fixed the infamous impossible inferno) don't have much to complain though, IMO. You got your money's worth (for today's standard anyway... which doesn't say much, sadly :( ).
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:10:30 by VesperSAINT »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1951 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:44:05 »
As someone who cleared inferno BEFORE it was nerfed into the ground (solo'd witch doctor,) I would still say even with all it's flaws I got my moneys worth out of D3. Some of the most rage inducing and rewarding moments were spent crawling through Act 3 at a snails pace for a solid week. Not enough to make me come back for seconds with RoS though, even if they've fixed the majority of the balance and cookie-cutter issues, gamers these days are fickle.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1952 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:51:07 »
As someone who cleared inferno BEFORE it was nerfed into the ground (solo'd witch doctor,) I would still say even with all it's flaws I got my moneys worth out of D3. Some of the most rage inducing and rewarding moments were spent crawling through Act 3 at a snails pace for a solid week. Not enough to make me come back for seconds with RoS though, even if they've fixed the majority of the balance and cookie-cutter issues, gamers these days are fickle.

Yeah, I also beat D3 pre-patch but I dunno if the rage and anger was worth it because at most times there was nothing to really learn from the experience other than you needed to spend more time farming gold or using money for better gear in the auction house. It did come with bragging rights among D3 players, if one wanted though. It also comes with memories and nostalgia with friends who suffered through it with you.

I also agree that I got my money's worth out of D3 in terms of the hours I spent on it, but I also can't say otherwise to those that disagree :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1953 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:52:24 »
Yeah I hear what your saying, though the patch made normal D3 much better in every way that you described, I half my gear is legendary and I'm switching that out every few hours becasue I've found something better etc... I'm lvl 60(5) atm and having alot of fun like I said :P

But yeah I'm with you... as a former Sc2 player everything Blizzard does is half-baked/half-****ed... so I'm not really sure £32 on an expansion pack is good value... but once I max this Paragon bull**** I think I might have too just becasue I'm so deep... I might aswell get deeper lol :/

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1954 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 15:58:16 »
I mean yeah sure, it was a brick wall of an experience. Banging my bloodied head against that gear check over and over, but the fact that I look back on the summer of '12 with nostalgic memories means it couldn't have been all that bad. Yeah, it forced you to use one viable build to clear inferno but even with a lifedrain/crit rain of toads build it was still difficult at times (****ing mortars.) The real money auction was really what put the most sour taste in my mouth. An obviously easy to abuse, pay to win system was a disgusting money grab from Blizz and it's not at all surprising that didn't turn out for them (well unless you count the tens of millions of dollars they made from it.)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1955 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:03:30 »
Yeah I hear what your saying, though the patch made normal D3 much better in every way that you described, I half my gear is legendary and I'm switching that out every few hours becasue I've found something better etc... I'm lvl 60(5) atm and having alot of fun like I said :P

But yeah I'm with you... as a former Sc2 player everything Blizzard does is half-baked/half-****ed... so I'm not really sure £32 on an expansion pack is good value... but once I max this Paragon bull**** I think I might have too just becasue I'm so deep... I might aswell get deeper lol :/

Hehe :) Yeah, the value one will get out of this expansion is really up in the air. I'm sure you'll make the right call for yourself :) I guess it all depends on how much one will enjoy the grinding and looting. You won't really be maxing your paragon though because it's almost unlimited so you'll eventually be running into a wall with no more upgrades but not being able to increase the Torment level because of too strong enemies, and you'll end up craving those extra 10 levels and the new skills and gear (if you end up enjoying it long enough). Just so you know though, when you start getting frustrated because of this "wall", I can guarantee you that the expansion will fix it. Just not sure for how long though :P When it comes to RPG's, I tend to calculate their value based on how many hours I spend on it :P Silly me. On the other hand, I could probably spend $15 on the Last of Us DLC and spend 2 hours on it but still say money well spent because of the experience :) Maybe that's silly too LOL :P

I mean yeah sure, it was a brick wall of an experience. Banging my bloodied head against that gear check over and over, but the fact that I look back on the summer of '12 with nostalgic memories means it couldn't have been all that bad. Yeah, it forced you to use one viable build to clear inferno but even with a lifedrain/crit rain of toads build it was still difficult at times (****ing mortars.) The real money auction was really what put the most sour taste in my mouth. An obviously easy to abuse, pay to win system was a disgusting money grab from Blizz and it's not at all surprising that didn't turn out for them (well unless you count the tens of millions of dollars they made from it.)

Yeah. Nostalgia usually puts everything at ease in the long run hehe. We just laugh back on it now and talk **** about it :D

Yeah, Real Auction House is pretty much 99.99% reason the game was fook'd. If it wasn't there, inferno would've been fixed earlier because the game would've been impossible for 99% of the players otherwise. It also would've been fixed properly (compared to what actually was done) in that it would've been a system where proper loot was dropped. However, all they did was nerf monsters while keeping the loot drop absolutely useless.

But yeah... no more pre-patch talk... it's bringing it back :P It's long gone now w00t!
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:09:23 by VesperSAINT »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1956 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:04:19 »

It also made hacking the game something people actively wanted to do, and becasue Blizzard is terrible at making engines and games secure you where pretty much ****ed and it was like the lottery in reverse if you got hacked or not... and then good luck becasue Blizz support really didn't care at all... I know I had to go through 3 different support reps in order to get my **** back, which took almost a month...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1957 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:07:01 »

Hehe :) Yeah, the value one will get out of this expansion is really up in the air. I'm sure you'll make the right call for yourself :) I guess it all depends on how much one will enjoy the grinding and looting. You won't really be maxing your paragon though because it's almost unlimited so you'll eventually be running into a wall with no more upgrades but not being able to increase the Torment level because of too strong enemies, and you'll end up craving those extra 10 levels and the new skills and gear (if you end up enjoying it long enough). Just so you know though, when you start getting frustrated because of this "wall", I can guarantee you that the expansion will fix it. Just not sure for how long though :P When it comes to RPG's, I tend to calculate their value based on how many hours I spend on it :P Silly me. On the other hand, I could probably spend $15 on the Last of Us DLC and spend 2 hours on it but still say money well spent because of the experience :) Maybe that's silly too LOL :P

yeah :P idk.. Blizz makes it really easy to dislike them alot, becasue they only seem capable of making a game thats good and then everything else they manage to totally ****... like the auction house, like the fact that the PS3 version dsnt connect to bnet at all so you cant play with PC players and vice-versa, like all of bnet 2, like Sc2 lol...

and yet I have almost 3k hours in Sc2 before I stopped playing and in D3 on my DH alone I have 50+ hrs lol.... so yeah :P

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1958 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:12:22 »
It also made hacking the game something people actively wanted to do, and becasue Blizzard is terrible at making engines and games secure you where pretty much ****ed and it was like the lottery in reverse if you got hacked or not... and then good luck becasue Blizz support really didn't care at all... I know I had to go through 3 different support reps in order to get my **** back, which took almost a month...

THIS. At least you got your stuff back... for me, they were like, "oh we'll just roll you back." Yeah, because rolling me back will fix my problem. It'll also resolve the major problem at hand... THE HACKERS. You just rolling me back doesn't have any consequence to those hacking. They just get away with it.................... OH AND LOOK, THEY ROLLED ME BACK LIKE A WEEK (aka 50+ hours of play GONE during a crucial period where I upgraded drastically). Thanks Obama.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1959 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:24:42 »

THIS. At least you got your stuff back... for me, they were like, "oh we'll just roll you back." Yeah, because rolling me back will fix my problem. It'll also resolve the major problem at hand... THE HACKERS. You just rolling me back doesn't have any consequence to those hacking. They just get away with it.................... OH AND LOOK, THEY ROLLED ME BACK LIKE A WEEK (aka 50+ hours of play GONE during a crucial period where I upgraded drastically). Thanks Obama.

Yeah they were total ****ing ****s about it, when I rang there support the guy on the phone said account roll-back was impossible and tried to argue with me that I hadn't been hacked and that I'd simply given someone all my equipment or some nonsense... had to go through two other people in order to get my stuff back like I said...  but by that time my mate who I was playing with at the time got me some gear and I made a new character and even after the roll back I never used him again pre-patch.... ugh

Well anyway least thanks to this convo I now understand Paragon stuff, I wasn't sure if the lvl70 stuff was only in the expansion or not... though I'm playing on 'Master' and am having no troubles at all with it lol... take it the expansion is harder?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1960 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:31:55 »

Yeah they were total ****ing ****s about it, when I rang there support the guy on the phone said account roll-back was impossible and tried to argue with me that I hadn't been hacked and that I'd simply given someone all my equipment or some nonsense... had to go through two other people in order to get my stuff back like I said...  but by that time my mate who I was playing with at the time got me some gear and I made a new character and even after the roll back I never used him again pre-patch.... ugh

Well anyway least thanks to this convo I now understand Paragon stuff, I wasn't sure if the lvl70 stuff was only in the expansion or not... though I'm playing on 'Master' and am having no troubles at all with it lol... take it the expansion is harder?

I believe lvl 70 comes with the expansion, and Act V is quite more difficult than the others in terms of the strength of the monsters. Also, boosting from Master to Torment is also quite drastic too. Make sure to give that a shot. There are also 6 different levels of Torment so you still have some things to experience :) You probably won't be able to go beyond Torment 3 with level 60 though (I have a level 70 wizard and crusader with decent gear and I can't go beyond Torment 2 comfortably :P ). Also note that higher legendary and set legendary gear won't be dropping much, if at all, in anything below Torment difficulty.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1961 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:39:48 »
I just picked up the original D3 game and for someone who never played it, I'm having a lot of fun. Leveling is pretty quick while playing Master difficulty, I wish Legendary's were a little harder to get. I'll probably end up picking grabbing the expansion, it's a fun game when you just want to kick back and not have to take it too serious.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1962 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 16:54:29 »
Garry's Mod: The World's best modern engine Need for Speed game, as I remember them.

Also started playing through Need for Speed: Underground 2 because of Garry's Mod.

I'd love to set up a server with TDMCars, SGMCars, and TDM's Map.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1963 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 17:04:47 »
Anyone remember the weekend of the invincible wizard bug? I must've played through inferno Act4 40 or 50x before they fixed it and made so decent money off the AH
Talk about game breaking :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1964 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 17:20:29 »

I believe lvl 70 comes with the expansion, and Act V is quite more difficult than the others in terms of the strength of the monsters. Also, boosting from Master to Torment is also quite drastic too. Make sure to give that a shot. There are also 6 different levels of Torment so you still have some things to experience :) You probably won't be able to go beyond Torment 3 with level 60 though (I have a level 70 wizard and crusader with decent gear and I can't go beyond Torment 2 comfortably :P ). Also note that higher legendary and set legendary gear won't be dropping much, if at all, in anything below Torment difficulty.

Torment isn't even an option atm lol... maybe its for the expansion only?? Guess I'll find out once I get to the end of 'Master'

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1965 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 17:24:04 »
Anyone remember the weekend of the invincible wizard bug? I must've played through inferno Act4 40 or 50x before they fixed it and made so decent money off the AH
Talk about game breaking :))

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP LOL. I won't lie, I exploited that quite a bit myself :P Luckily wizard happened to be my main char too, which only changed a few days ago to crusader.

Torment isn't even an option atm lol... maybe its for the expansion only?? Guess I'll find out once I get to the end of 'Master'

I believe you have to beat it on "Master" first before it's unlocked :)

Offline Bencze

« Reply #1966 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 08:12:31 »
Yeah d3 ros, me too.
Shutting down AH, modifying drop rates accordingly, and adventure mode were all huge improvements imo.
Now one is not forced to suffer through way too hard difficulties, I can enjoy mass murdering as I always did in d2 too. There's always an incentive to go higher difficulty IF and WHEN I'm strong enough to do it without too much waste of time but I don't feel I MUST do it from start with subpar gear.
I'm clearing on expert now with about 500k dps, when I will clear master with same easy then I'm ready for t1 farming. :)
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1967 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 08:15:00 »
Actually I've been playing a lot of Civ 5 lately. Good way to spend an evening with some friends.

All this talk about Reaper of Souls has me all excited now too...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1968 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 09:37:55 »
I know this may be controversial, but in your opinion what is the best computer game in the first person shooter category.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1969 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 09:39:28 »
I know this may be controversial, but in your opinion what is the best computer game in the first person shooter category.

half life

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1970 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 09:53:56 »
Unreal Tournament 99.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1971 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 10:12:57 »
wolfenstein 3d

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1972 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 10:40:55 »
DOOM

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1973 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 13:36:57 »

Single player or online play?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1974 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:23:35 »

IMO
Best solo player experience: Half Life 2 and Bioshock (first one)
Best multiplayer experience: TF2 and Quake II (in it's heyday)

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1975 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:26:45 »
SP: Doom
MP: Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1976 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:12:26 »
My headset is broken, so I've been playing a lot of Civ. Might play FTL if I feel so inclined.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1977 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:22:38 »
DOOM

ding ding ding! We have a winner!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1978 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:23:31 »

TF2/quake

Doom, if you don't want multiplayer.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1979 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:24:09 »

TF2/quake

Doom's MP is ****ing awesome

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:36:23 »

TF2/quake

I've actually played Doom 2 player via the Jaglink cable at a trade show, which was actually really good. I can't imagine it was consumer practical though, because it effectively meant you needed to have 2 Jaguars, 2 copies of Doom, 2 televisions, the link cable, and enough wall outlets to plug all that crap in. The rarity of these things being in the same room at the same time is pretty low. Hell, finding anyone with just an Atari Jaguar is pretty low.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:42:23 by noisyturtle »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1981 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:37:45 »

TF2/quake

I've actually played Doom player via the Jaglink cable at a trade show, which was actually really good. I can't imagine it was consumer practical though, because it effectively meant you needed to have 2 Jaguars, 2 copies of Doom, 2 televisions, the link cable, and enough wall outlets to plug all that crap in. The rarity of these things being in the same room at the same time is pretty low. Hell, finding anyone with just an Atari Jaguar is pretty low.

My dad managed to convince his boss at the time that the floor he was on all needed ipx routers for work... and then set up a massive Doom 2 network, it was glorious and the coolest thing ever.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1982 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:42:02 »
Haha, that's great. Good moral boosts productivity right?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1983 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:45:24 »

TF2/quake

I've actually played Doom player via the Jaglink cable at a trade show, which was actually really good. I can't imagine it was consumer practical though, because it effectively meant you needed to have 2 Jaguars, 2 copies of Doom, 2 televisions, the link cable, and enough wall outlets to plug all that crap in. The rarity of these things being in the same room at the same time is pretty low. Hell, finding anyone with just an Atari Jaguar is pretty low.

My dad managed to convince his boss at the time that the floor he was on all needed ipx routers for work... and then set up a massive Doom 2 network, it was glorious and the coolest thing ever.

And how did this come job related?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1984 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 16:28:51 »

TF2/quake

He worked for a company that designed kilns and managed to argue that an IPX network would allow them to communicate/send drawings etc without having to stop work to walk all the way across the floor. Which, I'm told they did... but it also allowed everyone to play Doom networked, which was GLORIOUS

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1985 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 17:30:52 »

TF2/quake

He worked for a company that designed kilns and managed to argue that an IPX network would allow them to communicate/send drawings etc without having to stop work to walk all the way across the floor. Which, I'm told they did... but it also allowed everyone to play Doom networked, which was GLORIOUS

Ah, ok, well that makes perfect sense now.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1986 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 02:21:30 »

TF2/quake

Back in the days the older kids played Doom MP on our schools PC network.

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #1987 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 02:25:17 »
LOL, Hearthstone and some indie games

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1988 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 04:27:53 »

TF2/quake

Back in the days the older kids played Doom MP on our schools PC network.

Good times. That and image boards back in those days.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1989 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 21:22:11 »
Tried playing DOTA. Couldn't get back into it.

Time to play some games on the backbench that i got during the holiday sale.

Witcher time. Should I skip Witcher 1 and play 2?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1990 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 21:54:45 »
Tried playing DOTA. Couldn't get back into it.

Time to play some games on the backbench that i got during the holiday sale.

Witcher time. Should I skip Witcher 1 and play 2?

Both are great. 3 is coming soonish.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1991 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:13:09 »
Just tried Crayon Physics Deluxe.
Thanks to spamray for this game XD
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1992 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:14:25 »
literally none anymore

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1993 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:45:27 »

literally none anymore
Due to lack of time and having two little kids, I cannot commit to a AAA or games that require a lot of time. I end up playing only rogue-like games. Short games that are fun and last max of 30 min. I suggest you try Faster Than Light, Dungeons of Dredmor, Spelunky or Don't Starve. Quick instant gratification and keep me as a gamer still. He he.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1994 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:48:06 »

literally none anymore
Due to lack of time and having two little kids, I cannot commit to a AAA or games that require a lot of time. I end up playing only rogue-like games. Short games that are fun and last max of 30 min. I suggest you try Faster Than Light, Dungeons of Dredmor, Spelunky or Don't Starve. Quick instant gratification and keep me as a gamer still. He he.

Going into my last year of highschool, I just had to stop playing copious amounts of CS and battlefield like I had been doing all summer.

I've literally had no drive or want to play any games since I've dropped playing, I tried playing for the first time since august and I couldn't get through 2 minutes

I've just lost all interest, and I cant explain why :)) kinda sad imo, cause I've loved games all my life

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1995 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 06:54:34 »

literally none anymore

Going into my last year of highschool, I just had to stop playing copious amounts of CS and battlefield like I had been doing all summer.

I've literally had no drive or want to play any games since I've dropped playing, I tried playing for the first time since august and I couldn't get through 2 minutes

I've just lost all interest, and I cant explain why :)) kinda sad imo, cause I've loved games all my life

You'll probably regain interest at some point, or maybe you've lost interest in those games and would enjoy some new games. That's how it's been for me; there are periods where I don't feel like playing any games, and there are periods where I don't feel like playing the games I usually play and instead take interest in games in genres I usually don't play.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #1996 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 13:41:01 »
Been trying to beat FTL: AE hard mode. Not going well.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1997 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:56:36 »
Cookie Clicker @_@

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1998 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 15:59:35 »
Just casually playing LoL and CS:GO these days... I have 40+ games I want to play, but I simply can't find motivation to play them. :/
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1999 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 16:03:41 »
Just casually playing LoL and CS:GO these days... I have 40+ games I want to play, but I simply can't find motivation to play them. :/
wow people need motivation to play games these days  :))
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.