Author Topic: EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre/HHKB  (Read 9551 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre/HHKB
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:29:14 »
This is awesome. I don't mind the white one being shiny since it's hardly as noticeable as the black one.

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:30:57 »
Wonder what stock is like on these. Tempted to get one for the Topre that I don't yet own before they're OOS :))

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:54:11 »
This is awesome! Does this mean I can take the tape off my black spacebars??? ;D No more off- color spacebars! Don't really want to order one though, until it gets shiny... question is, will they stay in stock...

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 18:55:56 »
Sweet!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 19:09:10 »
This is awesome! Does this mean I can take the tape off my black spacebars??? ;D No more off- color spacebars! Don't really want to order one though, until it gets shiny... question is, will they stay in stock...

Haha yeah mine isn't shiny but who knows how long they'll stay in stock :p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 19:27:53 »
I just picked up a number of these. When they're out of stock, I'll start selling them for a nice markup.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 20:34:14 »
I just picked up a number of these. When they're out of stock, I'll start selling them for a nice markup.

The true GH spirit :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 20:34:45 »

damn i best get some  :eek:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:17:45 »

can't wait to get extorted!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:20:22 »

can't wait to get extorted!

perhaps there should be sign ups for pre-orders so no one gets left out

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:27:57 »
Oh Damn shipping is only $3.51 I just ordered 2 space bars, thanks OP!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:44:45 »

You're welcome :)

If only they had white ones.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:46:18 »

I have a mint white spacebar that i will probably never use! :P But dont want to sell it since I only have one. Hopefully they release that soon though!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:47:13 »

I have a mint white spacebar that i will probably never use! :P But dont want to sell it since I only have one. Hopefully they release that soon though!

Only musing ...

Btw congratulations on 1000 posts!

Are you going to apply for a star?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 21:52:03 »

Only musing ...

Thanks! Not sure what that is :D I thought that was for admins! I would love to help w the simple machines forum coding though if allowed..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 00:02:41 »

Only musing ...

Thanks! Not sure what that is :D I thought that was for admins! I would love to help w the simple machines forum coding though if allowed..

Star details and applications here.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 00:13:12 »

Only musing ...

Star details and applications here.

Thank you sir!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 13:41:00 »
Nice, I know I just read someone's post the other day where they were asking for a source of spacebars. Glad to see EK is offering these now.

Offline fantus

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:46:32 »
I don't suppose they could sell some of the extended spacebars from the 103 ub version :(

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 23:48:44 »
I don't suppose they could sell some of the extended spacebars from the 103 ub version :(

I highly doubt that will happen :( Sorry to say.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 02:00:18 »
This is awesome. I don't mind the white one being shiny since it's hardly as noticeable as the black one.

omg, gotta order now and this'll replace the shiny on the RF i got from hehe

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 21:38:19 »
Godamn ABS

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 16:59:13 »
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:04:57 »
any chance they work on leopold f660c?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:07:50 »

ZOMG!!!  off-topic much?  We are talking about HHKB here.  wow.  Get with the program.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:10:07 »

ZOMG!!!  off-topic much?  We are talking about HHKB here.  wow.  Get with the program.

stfu. this thread's topic isn't hhkb, it is about spacebars FOR hhkb/topre. you yourself are off topic, so get with the program

and I am on topic because the title says EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre/HHKB

I am talking about the EK spacebars for topre, specifically leopold f660c. I am perfectly on topic. Your bashing of my on topic post is just off topic and thread crap.

edit: formatting
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:15:43 by Pacifist »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:14:12 »
Perhaps go read the website description.

And do you even own a topre board?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:16:29 »

stfu. you aren't talking about hhkb, you are talking about spacebars FOR hhkb/topre. you yourself are off topic

and I am on topic because the title says EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre HHKB

I am talking about the EK spacebars for topre, specifically leopold f660c

TOPIC = Replacement Spacebar for Topre HHKB

leopold f660c is not HHKB.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:19:44 »
Perhaps go read the website description.

And do you even own a topre board?

Sometimes companies get advertising wrong. It may fit leopold, it may not, they don't specify yes or no

for example: http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=twasd_grn
the wasd clusters. No where does it say it can or cant be used with leopold, but you can use them on leopold f660c because it accepts topre

And I plan to own a topre board in the future and I want to see whether or not to get leo or 87u due to whether or not I can get replacement spacebars

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:20:12 »

stfu. you aren't talking about hhkb, you are talking about spacebars FOR hhkb/topre. you yourself are off topic

and I am on topic because the title says EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre HHKB

Show Image

Or is it? Dun dun dunnnnnn!!!! :O

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:21:22 »

Show Image

TOPIC: EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre/HHKB

That slash is extremely important

A slash or slant or solidus or virgule [ / ] (take your pick of names) is used to indicate a choice between the words it separates.

That means either topre or HHKB

and leopold f660c is a topre board

so I am on topic

go back to school and relearn grammar

your gif applies to you more than it applies to me in this situation

also if we go by your interpetation that it is only HHKB then it can't fit realforce 87u or 104 which it in fact does

your interpetation deviates from the real topic that this thread is for. All your arguements against me saying I am off topic apply to yourself.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:52:37 by Pacifist »

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:24:42 »
Whoosh...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:53:47 »
Whoosh...

What does Whoosh have to do with
EK - Original Black Replacement Spacebar for Topre/HHKB

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 18:28:33 »
And the white one is still not available.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:00:59 »

I emailed Brian asking if he planned on stocking the white ones:

We did, but Topre is no longer manufacturing extra keycaps. We're looking for other options, but I cannot guarantee any future releases.

Best regards,
Brian

Whoosh...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:07:12 »

We did, but Topre is no longer manufacturing extra keycaps. We're looking for other options, but I cannot guarantee any future releases.

Best regards,
Brian

Whoosh...

Show Image

I don't really care about your GIF.
Its off topic, it shouldn't be here

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:22:14 »

Best regards,
Brian

Whoosh...

Show Image

That's what I suspected.  Maybe the black ones were the last left-over stock.  Oh well.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 19:27:27 »
I think the black space bar looks good with the white set, especially if you have a few other accent keys.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 21:34:29 »
I think the black space bar looks good with the white set, especially if you have a few other accent keys.

My white space bar only has a little shine, even though this is secondhand HHKB.  It shows the love that this HHKB has received :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 16:52:53 »
I think these might have gone out of stock for a while, at least everyone stopped talking about them.

Looks like they are back: http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=tspacebar_blk

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 16:58:33 »
I think these might have gone out of stock for a while, at least everyone stopped talking about them.

Looks like they are back: http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,toprekeys&pid=tspacebar_blk

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered a couple :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 18:00:24 »
Yes, thanks Rowdy.  I ordered a couple of these as well.  And a set of white printed and Red Esc too.   :confused:
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline adhoc

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 01:49:28 »
And they also got HHKB roofs :o