Author Topic: [IC]TaiHao Keysets Colour Interest Check(UPDATED New add-on MOQ )  (Read 52161 times)

Offline GhostofHarry

well

if we want iso and tsangan in our gb   
it will be safer for us to go for less colour first
or otherwise we would have to wait for a very long time until we reach the moq

if we found that its even hard to reach 500 MOQ for the 4th generation alone
we may consider getting at least moq 100 for the ansi set in stock (300 if not in stock)
so we can dump the add-ons and order only ansi
and move on to the next colour

azure and red on white are the 4th and 5th rank colours
i think we can do them at the same stage after the 4th generation. :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 April 2014, 00:20:14 by GhostofHarry »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
well

if we want iso and tsangan in our gb   
it will be safer for us to go for less colour first
or otherwise we would have to wait for a very long time until we reach the moq

if we found that its even hard to reach 500 MOQ for the 4th generation alone
we may consider getting at least moq 100 for the ansi set in stock (300 if not in stock)
so we can dump the add-ons and order only ansi
and move on to the next colour

azure and red on white are the 4th and 5th rank colours
i think we can do them at the same stage after the 4th generation. :thumb:

Sounds good to me. I mainly want the Olivetti :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline GhostofHarry

Btw
I'm more lean on getting ISO kit
As for other colours I can always get them for u guys from vendor

But I have never seen ISO or tsangan from taihao

It is kind of special as taihao mainly sell keycaps to china only
Which is an ANSI area

Offline MsYutai

As a proud owner of a clone alps board I vote for alps!!
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline justnits

i'll be interested in any of these;
Azure, Olivetti and Dolch.

too bad the 3rd gen have so little option, otherwise mixing them with 2nd gen or 4th gen will be sick!
light blue on white with azure mods  ;D
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I would also pic up a alps set.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

Agreed. I'd pick up a dolch set in both MX and alps.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Is it possible to make topre version of these?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
If this going to happen? What is the expected date to start the GB?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I voted for my 6 favorite color schemes and will definitely order one of each no matter what gets chosen - at these prices you can't go wrong :p

One question though:

What will the color of the "|\" and the "~" key be? Will it be the color of the alphas or the color of the mods?

The Dolch Set in the OP has it the classic way and the Granite Set has the symmetrical look, which I prefer.

Maybe it's possible to get these 2 keys in both colors so everybody can use the one he likes best?

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Maybe it's possible to get these 2 keys in both colors so everybody can use the one he likes best?

+1 to this. Get both.

I will also buy at least one of each whatever gets picked.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤

I highly doubt TaiHao has the molds for Topre.
;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Topre is an entirely different market segment, high cost low volume; this manufacturer is all about high volume and low cost, thus it is very unlikely it may have tooling for Topre.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★

Topre is an entirely different market segment, high cost low volume; this manufacturer is all about high volume and low cost, thus it is very unlikely it may have tooling for Topre.
doesn't hurt to ask :p

Offline Linkbane

If it was under $100 I'd totally be into Topre sets, to be honest. Need something refreshing. Given that the Novatouch is coming out, though, we'll finally have a real solution in swapping out stems, at least.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...

+1 to this. Get both.

I will also buy at least one of each whatever gets picked.

+1 again. I prefer symmetrical but I know a lot of people who prefer old school. Will be ordering at least 2 sets, depending which ones we end up going for in the first round.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Sure it does not...

Offline bazemk1979

Sets are so cheap we should do this GB with ISO,stepped off center CapsLock and Tsangan all bundled with every set. This way we will make everybody happy and price is just right.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Based on a currently running GB with ISO options, demand for ISO sets is 17.5% only. There is no justification as to bundle it with all the orders.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
The difference is that this high MOQ.

With a SP group buy, the MOQ is so low as to be meaningless.  Even if only 17% of people want an ISO kit, they generally can get one.

My thinking is "if they can't get the ISO kits, will they be willing to buy the ANSI set anyway?"  If we lose too many people over the ISO issue, it could compromise the buy, or limit the product mix it can offer.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

I agree - put it all in together.

I need centre-stemmed caps locks for my Ducky boards but off-centre stemmed stepped for my Cherry boards.

For the sake of like $2-$3 extra, might as well bundle in all the options in the base set so that we get more orders.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
The difference is that this high MOQ.

With a SP group buy, the MOQ is so low as to be meaningless.  Even if only 17% of people want an ISO kit, they generally can get one.

My thinking is "if they can't get the ISO kits, will they be willing to buy the ANSI set anyway?"  If we lose too many people over the ISO issue, it could compromise the buy, or limit the product mix it can offer.

What would be the price difference with, and with NO ISO kit. At the end that is the important piece of information for the people to make a decision.

Offline Linkbane

I agree - put it all in together.

I need centre-stemmed caps locks for my Ducky boards but off-centre stemmed stepped for my Cherry boards.

For the sake of like $2-$3 extra, might as well bundle in all the options in the base set so that we get more orders.

I dunno, $2-$3 doesn't sound like much but 2 or 3 things causes that to jump to five to ten dollars, which would definitely turn some people off who just want a basic ANSI set. Especially given Tai-Hao's general cheapness, I doubt everyone would stay if they were $40 rather than $30, for instance, especially considering most people won't use them.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline GhostofHarry

FYI

Quoted from taihao this morning

The add on set is $4

1.75x shift *1

1.25x shift*1

iso enter *1

1x blank key *2 (for ISO)

1.5x ctrl *2

1.5x alt *2

1x blank key *2

7x spacebar *1

Taihao can ship them to proxies if we have enough order
So please if anyone can or interested to be proxy, find me
Like ,for the US and Europe ( as I'm from Hong Kong )

I think we can work out a solution
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 01:02:32 by GhostofHarry »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
muhtha ****in yesh

If the add-on is $4, plus $14 for the 4th gen sets, plus paypal, plus shipping to you/proxies, plus shipping to us...

We're probs looking at $25 per set minimum. Cheap, but not dirty cheap like Elton's gb.

I would be happy to try and just get ansi and aim for the 100 moq for the ones already in stock, and get them a bit quicker, rather than having to wait longer and pay more... just a thought.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Yeah, I agree with Sonic on this.

If the sets aren't really cheap anymore many people (including me) might not join. After all I don't really like OEM profile and honestly I don't know anybody on Geekhack who prefers OEM over Cherry, DCS, DSA or whatever profile.

One could argue we should also replace the current Win Keys because they are really ugly - adding stuff just never ends end then we suddenly look at 30$ total...

In my opinion we should leave the sets as they are and just go with basic ANSI.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

If the sets aren't really cheap anymore many people (including me) might not join. After all I don't really like OEM profile and honestly I don't know anybody on Geekhack who prefers OEM over Cherry, DCS, DSA or whatever profile.

One could argue we should also replace the current Win Keys because they are really ugly - adding stuff just never ends end then we suddenly look at 30$ total...

^ My thoughts exactly ^
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline pasph

Without Tsangan and ISO i'm no more interested.
But for sure you'll get more first timers.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline McWilloughby

So for the sake of $4 people want to rush into a GB that is basically no improvement on the previous TaiHao GB other than some different colours and a 6.25u spacebar?

If the add-on set is agreed on then what we will end up with is a set (or sets) of keys that can be used on any modern MX keyboard and the vast majority of older boards. Not everyone can afford the more comprehensive GBs running atm but it would be really great for me (and presumably the other ISO users) to be able to swap out a full set of keys for once instead of having to use the same stock enter, # and \ keys I've been using for years.

Going with plain ANSI will get some of you the sets you want quickly, sure. Going with plain ANSI plus the add-on pack, while having some delay, will get everyone the sets they want within reason (not counting the funky windows keys or the colours of the ANSI \| and ~` keys).

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
In my opinion the main question is:

Who really needs all the Tsangan Keys and ISO keys and will really use them?

Everybody who has a nice Korean Custom that needs an off-center stepped capslock key, a 7u spacebar and 1.5 mods will most likely use a GMK set anyway. Or do you want use these OEM keys on a vintage Cherry G80 that comes with doubleshot keys in Cherry Profile anyway?

Regular mordern boards like Ducky, Filco or QFR will only need the basic ANSI set anyway...

Offline McWilloughby

In my opinion the main question is:

Who really needs all the Tsangan Keys and ISO keys and will really use them?

Everybody who has a nice Korean Custom that needs an off-center stepped capslock key, a 7u spacebar and 1.5 mods will most likely use a GMK set anyway. Or do you want use these OEM keys on a vintage Cherry G80 that comes with doubleshot keys in Cherry Profile anyway?

Regular mordern boards like Ducky, Filco or QFR will only need the basic ANSI set anyway...

I'm not arguing in favour of a Tsangan kit but if helping the people who want that helps the ISO kit reach MOQ then that I'm all for the Tsangan kit. "Regular mordern boards like Ducky, Filco or QFR will only need the basic ANSI set anyway..." is a bit of a sweeping statement. I'm using a QFR right now that is UK ISO, if I were to go to my local computer store (or Amazon for that matter) and buy a Ducky, Filco or QFR, it would be UK ISO. To me, a regular keyboard is ISO.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Yeah, I understand after all I am from ISO land as well...

I have simply stopped using my ISO boards and have switched to using ANSI because it's way cheaper to get keycaps for them ;)

Yeh I can see both sides, I'm just saying what would be more convenient for me, personally.

Overall, will we get more people buying with:
A) a basic ansi set, available more quickly, and cheaper; or
B) a more expensive set, but usable by more people

I have a couple of G80's, and neither have cherry DS caps. The profile doesn't bother me, and the Tai Hao caps are better than the Cherry lasered ones, firstly because they're clean and new, and secondly because they're DS.

I also have a Ducky Pro (Thick PBT) and a Shine 2 and a Shine Zero. There is no way i'd replace the thick PBT caps with Tai Hao caps, and the two shine boards have caps suitable for LEDs already. So for me it's the other way round lol  :))

Offline bazemk1979

FYI

The add on set is $4

1.75x shift *1

1.25x shift*1

iso enter *1

1.5x ctrl *2

1.5x alt *2

1x blank key *2

7x spacebar *1

Hey having Tsangan kit without the off center stepped CapsLock included don't make sense much. To all that are against over adding $4 more per set for keys they wont use because they only have ANSI board I can understand their point of view, but please consider the people who will jump on these sets if they have ISO,Tsangan + Caps Lock kits are good 20-25% of the buyers.

Many of you that complaint for the $4 price increase are joining lots of SP and GMK GB's that cost $100+ per set..... I personally don't need the ISO, but I would love to have the Tsangan + CapsLock, and why not add the ISO kit so we can make other peeps happy too.

I voted for 6-7 keysets and I intend to buy them as long as this time around they are more adaptable, yes I have a Korean board and its off center Caps Lock with Tsangan bottom modifiers and I also joined
Elton's GB that we had Tsangan but x7 space bar was not correct and there was no stepped off center Caps Lock available.... so I cant use the Tai Haos on my Korean board, I'm sure its exactly how people feel with ISO boards too that they joined the GB.

Price is good as it is with all add ons, lets make this GB as a step up from Eltons and have 98% of buyers 100% happy, the other 2% will be with the different language layout but that has always been the issue with all GB's.

For $4 more I say lets go all out and don't forget to add the "off center stepped CapsLock to Tsangan kit". To all that never owned TH sets and not sure about the quality of the sets I can tell you one thing, the quality is superb with excellent price tag.

Offline GhostofHarry

FYI

The add on set is $4

1.75x shift *1

1.25x shift*1

iso enter *1

1.5x ctrl *2

1.5x alt *2

1x blank key *2

7x spacebar *1

Hey having Tsangan kit without the off center stepped CapsLock included don't make sense much. To all that are against over adding $4 more per set for keys they wont use because they only have ANSI board I can understand their point of view, but please consider the people who will jump on these sets if they have ISO,Tsangan + Caps Lock kits are good 20-25% of the buyers.

Many of you that complaint for the $4 price increase are joining lots of SP and GMK GB's that cost $100+ per set..... I personally don't need the ISO, but I would love to have the Tsangan + CapsLock, and why not add the ISO kit so we can make other peeps happy too.

I voted for 6-7 keysets and I intend to buy them as long as this time around they are more adaptable, yes I have a Korean board and its off center Caps Lock with Tsangan bottom modifiers and I also joined
Elton's GB that we had Tsangan but x7 space bar was not correct and there was no stepped off center Caps Lock available.... so I cant use the Tai Haos on my Korean board, I'm sure its exactly how people feel with ISO boards too that they joined the GB.

Price is good as it is with all add ons, lets make this GB as a step up from Eltons and have 98% of buyers 100% happy, the other 2% will be with the different language layout but that has always been the issue with all GB's.

For $4 more I say lets go all out and don't forget to add the "off center stepped CapsLock to Tsangan kit". To all that never owned TH sets and not sure about the quality of the sets I can tell you one thing, the quality is superb with excellent price tag.

Stepped caps have been included in the basic set of 4th generation
So it's not included in the add on pack

I do think having ISO and tsangan is an improvement
They are not being ordered in the market yet
What we need is a balance between ANSI and ISO user

Maybe I can take away some of the caps or reduce the total cost by lowering the transport fee

Offline Linkbane

I'm one of the admittedly not many who prefers OEM profile (higher looks nice, and spherical is pretty nasty IMO). Otherwise, as per my earlier post, I agree with Sonic. Certainly if there are others who want ISO, they can probably reach 100 MOQ for them and it'll be cheaper without ANSI keys, if the manufacturer can do that.

Offline McWilloughby

Would the MOQ going to be 100 for the ISO/Tsangan kit? I was under the impression it would be 500 in which case I highly doubt that will be reached unless it is attached to the rest of the GB.

Offline genkidama

Would the MOQ going to be 100 for the ISO/Tsangan kit? I was under the impression it would be 500 in which case I highly doubt that will be reached unless it is attached to the rest of the GB.
I also thought that it was MOQ 500 for the ISO/Tsangan or only ISO Kit. So it would be great to reach that and if I understood correctly it would be four more dollars to the normal ANSI set? This isn't that much of an increase or does it show some other way? Otherwise if the ISO Kit won't be included I'll probably won't buy any set.. Unfortunately.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I do not mind to pay 4 more dollars to allow the people who need ISO kits to get them.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
I do not mind to pay 4 more dollars to allow the people who need ISO kits to get them.

I don't mind either, but I think the point is that we need 498 more people to agree as well.... Or get 250 people to agree to pay $8 extra....

If we really want to reach MOQ with tsangan/ISO, then maybe just pick one color of the 4th gen (cough, DOLCH, cough) and include it all in one kit and say the MOQ is 500, $18 per set base price. Then later, do another color. And so on.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I don't mind either, but I think the point is that we need 498 more people to agree as well.... Or get 250 people to agree to pay $8 extra....

If we really want to reach MOQ with tsangan/ISO, then maybe just pick one color of the 4th gen (cough, DOLCH, cough) and include it all in one kit and say the MOQ is 500, $18 per set base price. Then later, do another color. And so on.

Right. I agree. Let's see what happen.

Offline McWilloughby

Right. I agree. Let's see what happen.

I think this would be the best approach as well. Surely people won't turn down the whole GB over an extra $4? There have got to be enough people wanting a Dolch set out there to achieve this.

Offline bazemk1979

We are speaking of $4 per set extra for Tsangan and ISO.... as far as numbers go regarding MOQ, TH was getting interested once we passed the 300 mark in Eltons GB. I think we will do best if we run 5 or more sets in  this GB and even if all sets don't reach MOQ TH will be willing to work with us, and lets keep the ISO and Tsangan included with all sets that will run in this GB not just Dolch, all sets please. Like I said I don't need ISO but there were bunch of ISO users in Eltons GB that joined the GB just to make it happen, time to return back the favor and help them out a bit. Question is, is OP willing to run 5+ sets in one GB, might be a headache for him.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 18:06:48 by bazemk1979 »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Thats so many invoices....

Offline Linkbane

I guess to me it just matters how many people are going to use the ISO kit and if it'll be much more expensive for th to have a separate kit, if it was something like $10 or so. If it was quite expensive to get ISO, I'd be willing to pay an extra few dollars also.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
I feel like it's a "let's just take the hit for the community" cost.

The people with TKL boards aren't all whining "Why do I have to pay for a numpad, surely an 87 set would be cheaper!"  I feel like treating the Tsangan and ISO extensions the same way works well.  You're getting a great price anyway, and the odds of the GB panning out, or the colour scheme you want being available are higher if we can get the people who need ISO and Tsangan sets onboard.

I too don't mind spending the extra $4.

Also, remember, it's not just an "ISO" or "Tsangan" kit, it's making a kit with great flexibility out of the box- the extra keys would be perfect for a US layout G80-8200, or to handle other odd layout needs-- . e. some of those off-brand boards with mixes of 1, 1.25, and 1.5x modifiers, or the boards with a split numpad plus/
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Lets go for the dolch colors set first.

Offline Linkbane

Hak Foo, while that sounds great and all, I'm sure that you understand that most people buy from Tai Hao because it's extremely cheap and not because it's versatile or the best quality, right? Because $4 on an $80 set to make it more accessible sounds okay, but $4 on a $25 set or so, especially for someone buying several sets, adds up a lot more.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I suggest the OP to run a poll (with actual voting) to check the numbers of people willing to go for the full multioptions set, and for a regular one, or even for a tkl.