Author Topic: Q/A  (Read 99214 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Q/A
« on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:54:29 »
You ask the question, and I will do my best to answer all of them.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Q/A
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:55:38 »
What Thick PBT surprises do you have in store for us? Forget that, tell us about charcoal and/or dark gray goodness please! I hope there's more to it than the Orange/Charcoal.

PS - First!

Edit - Well you've answered everything I wanted to know about. Thank You :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:00:22 by Jocelyn »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:58:54 »
This is quite confusing, because you have probably read about it somewhere.

PBT Dye Sublimation

Beige and White but with 4 different font color:

Black, Blue, Green, and Red

I will sell the first batch at $115 and the second batch at $125.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 02:59:32 »
What Thick PBT surprises do you have in store for us? Forget that, tell us about charcoal and/or dark gray goodness please! I hope there's more to it than the Orange/Charcoal.

PS - First!

That item is already available on our store, www.originativeco.com.  A lot of people already took interest in this item, it's highly popular ;)

Edit:  You can see the item on www.originativeco.com/orange-charcoal

A lot of people got confused (if you click on the picture), people noticed the 1x Winkey.  I took that from a Cooler Master, and I just needed to fill up the slots on my KMAC 2.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:02:38 by sherryton »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Q/A
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:01:40 »
Do you have an example of the colour of blue or green dyesubs? Just wondering if they'll be lighter or darker. Also, will they be 104 sets, what other keys are included?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:04:52 »
Do you have an example of the colour of blue or green dyesubs? Just wondering if they'll be lighter or darker. Also, will they be 104 sets, what other keys are included?

84 keys

I have talked to GMK in creating the 7x Space Bar.  There are no examples of the color currently.  I will let you know as soon as possible.  The Green will not be as good as people are thinking, because it is hard to make the Green nice on the beige, but it will be lighter.  The Blue is almost an exact replica of the Olivetti.  1.5x Control and Alt are the included keys.

Offline Sai

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:12:00 »
When will you be taking pre-orders for dyesub, dolch, etc?
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Q/A
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:12:56 »
Cool cool! Looking forward to seeing how the green turns out!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:16:45 »
When will you be taking pre-orders for dyesub, dolch, etc?

Starting this week!  I'll release information as soon as I do!

Offline Sai

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:18:14 »
ok. cool. i've been waiting so long for dolch set.  ;D

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:25:56 »
The reason why the Dolch took so long is because we were trying to replicate it exactly.  If someone plans to replicate the Dolch, then he should do it with 100% accuracy in my opinion.  The other colors were different because I was trying to be a little more modern.  For the Orange Charcoal, the previous Orange did not exist anymore, so I used a more vibrant color to stand out more.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:30:50 »
Are you going to offer 1x modifiers for the bottom row for the dolch?

Do you have a rough price for the kmac happy?
Looking for CC's!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:35:51 »
The 1x winkey will not be available immediately.  I am going to place an order for those, and I will have them on our store in the future at a very minimum price.  It will be about $1-3/key.  The KMAC Happy is currently available on our store for pre-order right now.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:40:53 »
I am glad to see you back on the forum first of all!  :cool:

Please consider the HHKMAC as a Group Buy.  I need to reach about 25 of them.  If we do not reach them, then I will return everyone's money.  For the people who had ordered it already, I can still honor it to you.  If you are planning to purchase the HHKMAC, then please send me an e-mail with your order number.

I am interested in a KMAC Happy, how many more people need to order one to reach 25?
I also don't see it available for pre order on your store.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:44:53 »
Thanks for the welcome!

I will put this as a pre order with the other items this week.  The item will be approximately $335 or $345 shipped.

There needs to be 25 people total.  The pre order price was about $305 USD, shipping to get here costs about $15-30.  I will change the price according to the shipping price needed to get here.

I'm using Google as conversion, so correct me if I am wrong.  Hopefully the WON will drop at the time of the order.

Offline Sai

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:49:51 »
oh and another question, how much will it be for dolch pre order?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:53:43 »
starts with $85

Offline Sai

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:58:16 »
starts with $85

nice. thank you for all the answers, sherry. :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:59:21 »
1) Dye sub are from Imsto?
2) International can order through email and google pay?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:59:53 »

1. Nope
2. Not at the moment

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:09:13 »
Hi, sherry.

Do you have plan to add 1.75x shift?
Your GMK set is all 3000 layout. There are ppl who use 1800 layout.
Do you think its low demand ?

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:14:11 »
Hi, sherry.

Hi, sherry.

I do not think it is low demand leesofi.  I am planning to add this to the set of 1x winkey :)

Offline pasph

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:17:22 »

1. Nope
2. Not at the moment

So how can an International buy from you?
On your site shipping rates aren't calculated for my country.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:18:34 »
Thanks, fast response.

if so, that set have all of color (skidata, two-tone beige.. so on)? or separate to each set?

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:20:49 »
Here's one: how can we be assured you're not going to disappear like you just did? I would imagine vendors might appreciate returning customers, but how do you expect people to return in light of this situation? Are you going to address it?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:31:16 »

1. Nope
2. Not at the moment

So how can an International buy from you?
On your site shipping rates aren't calculated for my country.

People have sent me the shipping fee through e-mail.

Thanks, fast response.

if so, that set have all of color (skidata, two-tone beige.. so on)? or separate to each set?

It will be separate.

Here's one: how can we be assured you're not going to disappear like you just did? I would imagine vendors might appreciate returning customers, but how do you expect people to return in light of this situation? Are you going to address it?

This is the question I was waiting for.  I actually have done this in the past, and I won't lie about it.  When there was a PayPal problem with the KMAC, I had gone away for a month. The reason why I disappeared is a bit personal.  There were many problems leading to  another after another after another. 

1. PayPal held my funds
2. Credit Card on site was not working
3. Security on the site needed to be fixed
4. I accidently sent a box of the Sanctuary keyset to South Korea, and I needed to wait for that to come back.  The guy did not send it to me until about almost 2 months later.  I take 100% fault for that.  I am not perfect, but I was trying to make sure everyone got their keysets.

There were just many issues leading to another after that with my family as well.  I was put in a bad spot, and it was hard for me.  I do not want this to be personal, and I am not saying it will not happen again.  But now I have other people who knows how to do what I did.  I have trained some family members to do shipment, package keycaps, etc.  I will give you their e-mails which will be a part of our site in case something happens to me.  I will be away again traveling this summer visiting multiple companies, and my brother will fill in for me then.  I will address you guys once I am away.  My brother does not know a lot about keysets though, so you will have to be more detailed when it comes to working with him.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:34:18 by sherryton »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:35:48 »
Will dolch have same key count as Orange Charcoal?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 04:37:13 »
Will dolch have same key count as Orange Charcoal?

What do you mean?  They both contain the same amount of keys.  In the near future, I plan to sell a package that includes extra keys for the sets.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:05:07 »
Thanks for the reply.

Do you have the KMAC2's in stock? or ready to ship?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:05:57 »
If another supposed situation happens involving your family, and he's your brother, wouldn't he just disappear along with you? Wouldn't it be better to find someone who isn't related to you? Someone who has some knowledge of these things? And where's hazeluff?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:06:06 »
Yes, they are all ready to ship!

Alaric has the first batch, the rest are coming tomorrow to my location.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:31:09 »
You know you could have just posted this simple update, a month ago or two ago. You at least owe it to those people that you held money for a long time without saying anything. Hiding behind private email convo was not the best way to communicate.

Hope you send out all the outstanding orders that's been piled up before you deal with all these new orders. I never ordered anything from you yet, so I'm speaking for the people that waited half a year for their stuff.

Lastly, are you going to restock on on RGB modifiers again? If so, ETA?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:36:05 »
Wouldn't it be better to find someone who isn't related to you? Someone who has some knowledge of these things? And where's hazeluff?

If you want to find someone who is extremely knowledgeable about key-sets and such do you think he'll work for FREE?  Usually involving family members has one great advantage, money won't be an issue plus you can trust him (brother) more than a stranger brought in from the cold.

It's nice to have a successful business that's bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year but guess what, Sherryton is not in that position quite yet.  Hence he needs to involve people he can trust (believe it or not it's still family) that will save him.

Only when you get to a high level of turnover then he may decide to employ other people more suited for the future role of the company.  For anyone wanting to start a business NOW in these times I don't think you'll get through without family saving your butt and handling some of the greatest pressures aimed towards you.

The people who have started on their own (by themselves) usually fail utterly in the range of 70 to 90% in the first year.  Hence it's all a matter of finding out your strengths and weaknesses.  Qtan, Imsto, Boiler and even more could tell you horror stories relating to business management and shipping world wide.

Because we are ALL Geekhack citizens I suppose cutting a bit of slack to fellow members would be a prerequisite since it's all about walking in the shoes of someone who has had it really bad during a short period of time, but instead of running away and hiding, has returned to face the heat from some of you here.  He gets a GOLD star for that because it takes real guts to turn up here and sort the issues out with every customer who has been let down.

Again, it's all about having a tiny bit of sympathy here for someone else.  With that comes a responsibility in allowing someone to regain your trust (if it can be done) by any means possible, which Sherryton is now doing.  If you've made mistakes, then it takes a greater man to accept the apology and move on to better times ahead.

It's a tough world out there now especially when it comes to starting your own business hence the people who have decided to go on their own to pursue a passion and involve other's around them with that same interest is rare.  Most end up in dead-end jobs (like myself) and have great admiration for anyone out there starting their own business.  More power to you Sherryton  8) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:40:38 by Elrick »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 06:43:31 »
Usually, people who have done what he has on more than one occasion would meet that fated business ending you speak. It is ONLY because he is a member here and because he continues to have items people really want does his business still survive. So don't give us that talk about forgiveness. This isn't the first time this has happened, and forgiveness was given there.

I'll just end with this: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...

If this happens again, and its your money of the line, because it won't be mine, don't say you weren't warned. 

Offline Aranair

• Software Engineer @ PocketMath
    • Tech blog
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 07:55:58 »
I hope the problems go away Sherryton. Don't really know you but I kinda understand how family issues can cause all sorts of problems...

Anyways, since its Q/A: roughly after the pre-order for the KMAC happy, do you think you can give a rough ETA for it?

Present  : HHKB Pro 2 Type-S White | HHKB Pro 2 White Blank | Ergodox EZ
Past      :  Poker 2 Brown | Black Widow Ultimate Blue | Filco TKL Brown

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 07:59:52 »
Sherry, can you add stepped caps locks to your supplemental sets (1x windows, short right shift)?

Also, I don't particularly care, but I'm curious if you are planning to get the tab keys for the existing sets done, as lots of people take issue with them.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Одг: Q/A
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 08:14:33 »
In Dolch we trust!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 09:03:25 »
Will the dolch set be 110 keys like the rest? Will the tab be the same as the rest of your sets or will it be the same tab Dolch used originally?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 11:09:20 »
Will the tab legend be fixed?
Will these new PBT dyesubs be BSP/Desko?
Can you please list the manufacture in the description?
Instead of putting the caps on a keyboard/some dumb artsy shot, could I have an overview of all the caps included on some kind of layout sheet (techkeys had them)?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:12:32 »
I hope the problems go away Sherryton. Don't really know you but I kinda understand how family issues can cause all sorts of problems...

Anyways, since its Q/A: roughly after the pre-order for the KMAC happy, do you think you can give a rough ETA for it?

2 months period. 

Sherry, can you add stepped caps locks to your supplemental sets (1x windows, short right shift)?

Also, I don't particularly care, but I'm curious if you are planning to get the tab keys for the existing sets done, as lots of people take issue with them.

Stepped Caps Lock is already included

Will the dolch set be 110 keys like the rest? Will the tab be the same as the rest of your sets or will it be the same tab Dolch used originally?

Yes, there will be 110 keys.  I believe I was able to change the Tab with the Dolch.  The Tab will be "fixed" for all future sets.

Will the tab legend be fixed?
Will these new PBT dyesubs be BSP/Desko?
Can you please list the manufacture in the description?
Instead of putting the caps on a keyboard/some dumb artsy shot, could I have an overview of all the caps included on some kind of layout sheet (techkeys had them)?

^

Yes, they will be BSP

I will put them on a layout sheet.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:15:01 »
You know you could have just posted this simple update, a month ago or two ago. You at least owe it to those people that you held money for a long time without saying anything. Hiding behind private email convo was not the best way to communicate.

Hope you send out all the outstanding orders that's been piled up before you deal with all these new orders. I never ordered anything from you yet, so I'm speaking for the people that waited half a year for their stuff.

Lastly, are you going to restock on on RGB modifiers again? If so, ETA?

I was able to ship everything out.  There might be 3 more orders that I need to ship out still.  I need their order information though.

The RGB modifiers will be available again in 1.5 months.  Do you guys have any preference, or do you prefer the ones I had?

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:20:11 »

Stepped Caps Lock is already included

it is? whoops. I may have to check that I have mine at home, and send you a message if its missing.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:21:55 »
Usually, people who have done what he has on more than one occasion would meet that fated business ending you speak. It is ONLY because he is a member here and because he continues to have items people really want does his business still survive. So don't give us that talk about forgiveness. This isn't the first time this has happened, and forgiveness was given there.

I'll just end with this: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times...

If this happens again, and its your money of the line, because it won't be mine, don't say you weren't warned. 

I forgot to add, the reason I was also missing in that time was because GH was down.  I still did try to get in contact with customers, and I refunded everyone.  I went missing because Geek Hack was being hacked at the time.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:47:20 »
Because we are ALL Geekhack citizens I suppose cutting a bit of slack to fellow members would be a prerequisite since it's all about walking in the shoes of someone who has had it really bad during a short period of time, but instead of running away and hiding, has returned to face the heat from some of you here.  He gets a GOLD star for that because it takes real guts to turn up here and sort the issues out with every customer who has been let down.

+1
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:57:01 »
I'm not excusing sherryton for anything he's done. He should have had better communications.... 100 other things he could have done better given the situation.

However, is anyone else stepping up to the plate with there own money and buying 4 entire GMK sets to provide to the community? Nope

You could also say, "well that's just bad business practices" well then don't buy from him I'm sure you'll get a choice of 4 GMK sets/3 BSP sets from someone else /sarcasm
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:00:12 »
You mean... You don't have 10's of thousands of dollars to spend on keycaps? Liek OMGZ!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:06:02 »
I'm not excusing sherryton for anything he's done. He should have had better communications.... 100 other things he could have done better given the situation.

However, is anyone else stepping up to the plate with there own money and buying 4 entire GMK sets to provide to the community? Nope

You could also say, "well that's just bad business practices" well then don't buy from him I'm sure you'll get a choice of 4 GMK sets/3 BSP sets from someone else /sarcasm
And therein lies the dilemma: he can do whatever he wants because he offers these items.

These sets would have been created regardless. Obviously not as fast, but they would've been cheaper. A tradeoff in both ways.

I'd like to remind you that all I started off asking was what he was going to do to help ensure things like this were less likely to occur. I didn't want to get into the fact that I was against buying from him on a personal level, because that is irrelevant and people should make up their own minds. For the sake of everyone else, I asked what I asked.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:23:56 »
When will that tab key be fixed on your GMK sets? :p

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:17:03 »
Can I buy only 7x space bar GMK?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:26:20 »
When will that tab key be fixed on your GMK sets? :p

Yes, there will be 110 keys.  I believe I was able to change the Tab with the Dolch.  The Tab will be "fixed" for all future sets.