Author Topic: Q/A  (Read 99178 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Re: Q/A
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:39:20 »
I'm not excusing sherryton for anything he's done. He should have had better communications.... 100 other things he could have done better given the situation.

However, is anyone else stepping up to the plate with there own money and buying 4 entire GMK sets to provide to the community? Nope

You could also say, "well that's just bad business practices" well then don't buy from him I'm sure you'll get a choice of 4 GMK sets/3 BSP sets from someone else /sarcasm
And therein lies the dilemma: he can do whatever he wants because he offers these items.

These sets would have been created regardless. Obviously not as fast, but they would've been cheaper. A tradeoff in both ways.

I'd like to remind you that all I started off asking was what he was going to do to help ensure things like this were less likely to occur. I didn't want to get into the fact that I was against buying from him on a personal level, because that is irrelevant and people should make up their own minds. For the sake of everyone else, I asked what I asked.

I didn't choose to purchase GMK sets after you guys found out.  I always had it in my plans.  I really wanted to surprise you guys but I got hit much worse with the response.

When will that tab key be fixed on your GMK sets? :p

The tab key will be fixed with the upcoming sets.  I will also fix them with the previous sets.

Can I buy only 7x space bar GMK?

I'm sorry, not right now.  What do you suggest?

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:54:14 »

alixinhzai you could try SP's inventory they sell a couple 7x space-bars. One of them matches well with Dolch.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 22:31:01 »

alixinhzai you could try SP's inventory they sell a couple 7x space-bars. One of them matches well with Dolch.

This. I got both colors from sp for $1 a piece.
Looking for CC's!

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 22:40:53 »
Ah, I want to buy 7x space GMK, this match color for BSP dye-sub set I ordred form redline GB

Offline ebacho

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 22:50:36 »

The tab key will be fixed with the upcoming sets.  I will also fix them with the previous sets.

If we buy a set right now, will we have the option to buy a corrected tab later on?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 03:03:35 »
Ah, I want to buy 7x space GMK, this match color for BSP dye-sub set I ordred form redline GB

Ah, I am only planning to sell space bars with my sets.

If we buy a set right now, will we have the option to buy a corrected tab later on?

Of course!

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 04:04:14 »
I'll buy ur set but plz extra some spacebar for me plz :D

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 04:08:28 »

Sherry, can you add stepped caps locks to your supplemental sets (1x windows, short right shift)?

Stepped Caps Lock is already included

Do you plan to get matching Short right shift and 1x Window keys? Would love to buy another set of OnC to go on an 1800.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 05:20:06 »
The RGB modifiers will be available again in 1.5 months.  Do you guys have any preference, or do you prefer the ones I had?

Well what other choices do we really have? White legends on any color needs to be doubleshot. Unless you mean size varieties, in which case the same ones you had before, with also short R-Shift + matching 1x key.

1.5 months so you say....
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 05:21:46 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:00:16 »

Sherry, can you add stepped caps locks to your supplemental sets (1x windows, short right shift)?

Stepped Caps Lock is already included

Do you plan to get matching Short right shift and 1x Window keys? Would love to buy another set of OnC to go on an 1800.

Yeah, I do.  I think I have mentioned this a couple of times.  The 1x window key will be blank at the time though.  I am actually going to add 3 1x Window key.  The 3rd one will be to the right of the 1.75x right shift.

Extra keys will be 1.75x right shift, 3 1x black key (row B), and Tab key.

The RGB modifiers will be available again in 1.5 months.  Do you guys have any preference, or do you prefer the ones I had?

Well what other choices do we really have? White legends on any color needs to be doubleshot. Unless you mean size varieties, in which case the same ones you had before, with also short R-Shift + matching 1x key.

1.5 months so you say....

I was thinking of reverse colors such as RGB on black or RGB on white.  I am not sure what people are interested in.  I plan on doing what we did previous.

Actually, I am including those keys, but there will be 10 keys total.  3 1x blank key (2 Yellow and 1 Green to add next to the 1.75x Right Shift) and a Green 1.75x Right Shift!

Thanks for taking interest in that.  The new legend for the 1x winkey will not be done until late this year.  A blank key will have to do for the mean time.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:01:41 »
Sherry,

could you reply to my PM? :)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:04:42 »
Sherry,

could you reply to my PM? :)

done!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:15:40 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:31:11 »
Q: Why do you make me want to spend all my monies at your web store?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:33:34 »
Can you add a button to the shopping page to add directly to the cart instead of having to view the product? Small inconventence, but I know I want 55g springs, I don't need another page in my way. Also I am very lazy

Also, is Paypal working on the site? What about Amazon payments?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:24:46 »
Can you add a button to the shopping page to add directly to the cart instead of having to view the product? Small inconventence, but I know I want 55g springs, I don't need another page in my way. Also I am very lazy

Also, is Paypal working on the site? What about Amazon payments?

Haha, I'll see what I can do.  I did not design it, but I'll check this out.  Other payments are not available right now.  We're trying to bring back PayPal again, but that one KMAC group buy really got PayPal checking me out.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:41:05 »
Q: I was wondering if you guys like the 1.75x right shift, blank keys, and tab idea? 

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:42:47 »
I think many people will be interested in blank keycaps, especially those planning to use them on the upcoming GH60.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: Q/A
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:53:03 »
I think many people will be interested in blank keycaps, especially those planning to use them on the upcoming GH60.

This, and we're going to need a 1.25x Enter as well lol

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 12:55:12 »
Q: I was wondering if you guys like the 1.75x right shift, blank keys, and tab idea?

Awesome.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:01:31 »

I would prefer windows legends on the windows keys, but blank would be tolerable.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:33:34 »

I would prefer windows legends on the windows keys, but blank would be tolerable.

Windows key would be nice in my opinion too!  But they will be ready in late 2013.  The mold by the company is extremely pricey.

This, and we're going to need a 1.25x Enter as well lol

I.25x enter for the C Row?  I'm not sure if that is even possible haha.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:40:47 »
Maybe my understanding of the doubleshot process is lacking, but if they have windows legends for 1.25 keys, why can't they just recut it for 1x keys?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:44:43 »
Maybe my understanding of the doubleshot process is lacking, but if they have windows legends for 1.25 keys, why can't they just recut it for 1x keys?

I believe they have to make a new mold for this.  Maybe they might have to shrink the size of the Window legend itself.  I am pretty sure companies have different method of producing double shot keycaps.  I'll record some videos when I go to Germany this summer.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:46:21 »
What happened to Hazelhuff?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:50:15 »
What happened to Hazelhuff?

He's busy, but we were working on a cardboard tray for keycaps.  I'll take some pictures today to see if you guys are interested.  We plan to redesign it a little to make it a little more sturdy, but I am liking it.  It consists of a cardboard tray with 2 layer of foam that you place the keycaps on.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:52:35 »
Do you think you'll ever have windowed lock keys to fit the colour schemes of the sets you offer?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:57:11 »
Q: Do any of you guys use Skype?  I am always on Skype, and I wanted to start a customer service there where I can try to answer your questions better.  It would also be nice to get to know you guys better.  We can have a time where we can all chat.  If people are interested, then let me know.

Also, my friend works for a plaza in the 626 San Gabriel Valley area.  I can try to put something together.  I can bring out KMAC 1.2, KMAC 2's, HHKMAC, HHKB Type S, a Topre Sony keyboard, Cooler Master 104, Duck Poker Case, etc.  This is not guaranteed, but I want people to know how the Springs actually feel.  When I first used reaper's 55g (or 59g) with Cherry MX Blacks, my fingers had the best feelings of their lives.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:05:00 »
Do you think you'll ever have windowed lock keys to fit the colour schemes of the sets you offer?

We have one coming in one of the sets we will be getting soon.  Let me warn you ahead of time.  Caps lock + Window means that it needs to be pad printed (+ clear coated).  This means that the window is the double shot while the caps lock is the part that is pad printed.  Pad Print is the most common type of legend used, and it will fade over a long period of time. 

Here is a picture of one of our future sets.  As you remember, there was someone who sold a similar keyset.  Dangwang owns a set as shown on http://dangwang.wordpress.com/

The difference with the set I will obtain is that there will be Russian Cryllic lettering on it.  The Russian Cryllic is Pad Printed + Clear Coated onto the keycap.

Edit: And yes, it will include the winkeyless set as well as the 1.75x right shift.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:07:06 »
So this new set will be doubleshot black on white and then pad printed with Russian Cryllic's, have windowed F keys and a windowed caps lock?

Just so I have this right.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:08:30 »
So this new set will be doubleshot black on white and then pad printed with Russian Cryllic's, have windowed F keys and a windowed caps lock?

have windowed F keys?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:08:47 »
I am aware of the pad printing and I have already had the chance to purchase the set that dangwang owns. I really do like the look of that cyrillic set though.

Is there a chance you might sell a two-tone beige set like you currently sell but with windowed keys? I only ask because this is my most sought after keycap set and I would prefer brand new caps than some off an old Cherry board.

Thank you for answering my questions by the way.
github

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:11:48 »

have windowed F keys?

The keyboard at dans blog had windowed F keys (little windows where the LEDs shines through); so will this new set have them as well

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:12:11 »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:16:25 »
I am aware of the pad printing and I have already had the chance to purchase the set that dangwang owns. I really do like the look of that cyrillic set though.

Is there a chance you might sell a two-tone beige set like you currently sell but with windowed keys? I only ask because this is my most sought after keycap set and I would prefer brand new caps than some off an old Cherry board.

Thank you for answering my questions by the way.

I would be interested in helping you guys out.  I wanted to stock this before, but it's quite expensive because the costs increase if you use both double shot + pad printing process.  I'm not sure if there are many interested parties, so I will be gladly to try to help you personally obtain one.

have windowed F keys?

The keyboard at dans blog had windowed F keys (little windows where the LEDs shines through); so will this new set have them as well

The F keys are not windowed in this case.  I have addressed this issue in the comment above!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:16:55 »
Show Image

Yeah, I understood him.  I was just misreading the question haha...

Offline redeye

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:17:26 »
Could you please explain why paypal was/is holding your account? I understand it was a KMAC group buy issue but why was paypal unhappy with you and did you get the monies back?

The reason i ask is as a potential customer that i am i would like to know that the merchant that I'm dealing with is trustworthy. If for instance Paypal were unhappy with the amount of monies that were moving to and from your account like the issues tjcaustin had with the klaxon group buy (i think there would only be a short temporary lock for this reason). Then for that reason I have no issues purchasing from you but if there were complaints against the account like chargebacks, disputes and those kind of things then I may think twice before buying.

Thank you for giving us this chance to answer our questions

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:17:47 »
So this new Russian Cryllic set will be pad printed PBT?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:21:49 »
Doubleshot abs. It's still made by GMK, however on the windowed keys the window is the second shot. This means that the lettering on the lock keys will be pad printed. The english lettering/numbers on the rest of the keys will be doubleshot, but the cyrillic will be pad printed.

It's a mixture of pad printing and doubleshot.

Also, Sherry YGPM
github

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:27:50 »
Could you please explain why paypal was/is holding your account? I understand it was a KMAC group buy issue but why was paypal unhappy with you and did you get the monies back?

The reason i ask is as a potential customer that i am i would like to know that the merchant that I'm dealing with is trustworthy. If for instance Paypal were unhappy with the amount of monies that were moving to and from your account like the issues tjcaustin had with the klaxon group buy (i think there would only be a short temporary lock for this reason). Then for that reason I have no issues purchasing from you but if there were complaints against the account like chargebacks, disputes and those kind of things then I may think twice before buying.

I asked people in the group buy to send payment as Gift (worst mistake ever).  I had a 3 year old account, but I wanted to start fresh.  I took in about $3k worth of payments in 1 day on a new account in Gifts.  That's the reason why I have trouble with PayPal.  I have been reading a lot of stuff lately from PayPal, and they are planning to release it soon.  www.authorize.net is trustworthy.  I am sure every company has some issues.  PayPal is the most trusted payment processor.  I have read issues on authorize.net of course.  I want to add Google Payments and Amazon Payments, but it will not be right now.  I would say in 3 months time.  I also plan to add Bitcoin.  www.coinbase.com has been really good, and I am interested in using it.  I'm not sure if you guys are into that stuff, but I do not think it hurts.

It's double shot + pad printed on ABS.  PBT only offers laser (or one of those chinese methods) and dye-sublimation.  There's also a new method for PBT that I saw, but it's freaking fugly.  I can show some pictures too.  I was able to grab a few samples in a meeting.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:30:27 »

It's double shot + pad printed on ABS.  PBT only offers laser (or one of those chinese methods) and dye-sublimation.  There's also a new method for PBT that I saw, but it's freaking fugly.  I can show some pictures too.  I was able to grab a few samples in a meeting.

Thanks, I was just confused because you said something about cost of DS + pad printing and were only going to do the pad printing. Thanks for straightening everything up!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:31:23 »
Q: Do you guys even care for the number pad?  I can lower prices if I take them apart perhaps?  I'll also exclude number pads on future orders.  I know it's all about tenkeyless now, but there are so many tenkeypads now a days that I thought the number pad set would be in!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:34:30 »
Q: Do you guys even care for the number pad?  I can lower prices if I take them apart perhaps?  I'll also exclude number pads on future orders.  I know it's all about tenkeyless now, but there are so many tenkeypads now a days that I thought the number pad set would be in!

Maybe offer them separate? It would be the only way both parties would be happy. Personally, I would buy the tenkeyless and would appreciate the lower price.
Looking for CC's!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:37:41 »

How much would it lower a set?

$10, not really, I just take it. $30, yea, drop them or sell separately

Offline redeye

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:41:04 »

I asked people in the group buy to send payment as Gift (worst mistake ever).  I had a 3 year old account, but I wanted to start fresh.  I took in about $3k worth of payments in 1 day on a new account in Gifts.  That's the reason why I have trouble with PayPal.  I have been reading a lot of stuff lately from PayPal, and they are planning to release it soon.  www.authorize.net is trustworthy.  I am sure every company has some issues.  PayPal is the most trusted payment processor.  I have read issues on authorize.net of course.  I want to add Google Payments and Amazon Payments, but it will not be right now.  I would say in 3 months time.  I also plan to add Bitcoin.  www.coinbase.com has been really good, and I am interested in using it.  I'm not sure if you guys are into that stuff, but I do not think it hurts.

Thanks for your Quick and honest reply sherryton and i hope to purchase something from your site soon.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:46:39 »

How much would it lower a set?

$10, not really, I just take it. $30, yea, drop them or sell separately

Yeah, it would only lower a set by approximately that amount. 

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:50:53 »
In that case, I don't see it mattering.
Looking for CC's!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:55:18 »
those blank keys are going to be super great looking on this :)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:55:36 »
You might as well leave the numpad since it would hurt some people more to leave it out than everyone saving $10 on a $100 set. Plus, I'm sure those who don't want their numpad can easily sell it on here.

Offline Leewei

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 15:05:23 »
Hey sherryton, can you confirm that alaric has shipped out the kmac 2's? Thanks.
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35