Author Topic: Gday mate  (Read 1204 times)

Offline llama47

Gday mate
« on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:11:45 »
hey guys i have been looking at custom keyboards like wasd and some fancy boards like the hhkb pro 2 and found this lovely site a couple days ago so i thought i better sign up for some help and get into the keyboard nerd scene i guess haha.

so i was thinking about starting with something like a custom phantom board but cant find a plate anywhere  :(
id love to make a keyboard with full led's but i don't know if there are any pcbs that offer that?
also wouldn't mind doing a 60% board, too my knowledge the gh60 is the way to go but is that pcb still available?
as you can see i'm a bit of a mess but i'm getting there :P

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: Gday mate
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:23:58 »
Welcome to GH!

hey guys i have been looking at custom keyboards like wasd and some fancy boards like the hhkb pro 2 and found this lovely site a couple days ago so i thought i better sign up for some help and get into the keyboard nerd scene i guess haha.

This is a good choice. I spent a ton on custom boards before finally getting a HHKB… and selling my custom boards. It might seem expensive, but it's significantly less expensive than putting a custom together from scratch :thumb:

But that's just, like, my opinion, man. So:

so i was thinking about starting with something like a custom phantom board but cant find a plate anywhere  :(

There is an interest check for aluminum phantom plates with steel plates on their way soon: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53761.0

id love to make a keyboard with full led's but i don't know if there are any pcbs that offer that?

I'm not sure, but someone else knows :)

also wouldn't mind doing a 60% board, too my knowledge the gh60 is the way to go but is that pcb still available?

Orders for the GH60 are closed, but the PCB's, plates, etc. are in production. Once people have them in hand, there will be tons available for sale on classifieds and through mechanicalkeyboards.com.

For further questions of this nature, we have a Q&A thread :) Make sure to read the OP! It has tons of FAQs.

See you around!

Offline llama47

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:30:06 »
thanks for the info on the gh60 and the phantom :)
don't know if i can justify getting the hhkb because i have only just started learning python haha but i'm sure ill end up buying it some time soon anyway :D

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:32:34 »
don't know if i can justify getting the hhkb because i have only just started learning python haha but i'm sure ill end up buying it some time soon anyway :D

HHKB makes you a better programmer.

It also improves your vision and allows you to see a new color.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 07:34:52 »

Always nice to see new faces. ;D Welcome to Geek Hack!

HHKB makes you a better programmer.

It also improves your vision and allows you to see a new color.
And it improves your sex life and allows you to live 10 years longer.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 09:20:44 »
You cannot justify any mechanical keyboard related purchasing  :p . Just spend your money.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 09:24:06 »
Hey there, welcome to GH. You can also get a Sprit PCB instead of the GH60. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)