Author Topic: Beer and Candy Corn.  (Read 50145 times)

Offline mickd

Re: Beer and Candy Corn.
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 05:41:52 »
Haha well in his defense at least he's not profiteering. If anything he's losing a lot of money on them. Contributing to the over-valued market prices though, that I can agree with.

Still, I prefer people spending an amount of money they deem appropriate for an item they want over buying a bunch of clacks just to auction/sell. Both issues do relate to each other though.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 10:19:19 »
...If anything he's losing a lot of money on them.

you mean Alot of money

watch your grammar!

Source - http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
The karate-chop technique an the "I hear that alot"  are epic, thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 10:50:08 by Batmann »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 10:50:15 »
I'd be super sad if I lost my Alot of money.

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:33:12 »
So it's been like a week. The Clack is a lie! Or maybe there's only one, and they're trying to get us all hyped up for it so they can get us to all meet in an arena and fight to the death for it. Sick bastards.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:40:14 »
just wish there was some little code or something on these caps so we can tell they came from this buy (when it ever goes ahead) so we can snuff out any profiteering. $35 cap that sells for a real market value of $100 plus... alot of people are going to be tempted.

That's interesting coming from someone who pays top dollar for CC's on auction.

i might PAY top dollar but i dont BUY LOW like a douche and RESELL for a profit there is a big difference lol.

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 14:08:06 »
just wish there was some little code or something on these caps so we can tell they came from this buy (when it ever goes ahead) so we can snuff out any profiteering. $35 cap that sells for a real market value of $100 plus... alot of people are going to be tempted.

i might PAY top dollar but i dont BUY LOW like a douche and RESELL for a profit there is a big difference lol.

There is no difference, because you are the one supporting that exact activity. Basically, you have nothing to stand on regarding this matter.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 14:10:36 »
Buy a real beer cap...

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 14:54:51 »

There is no difference, because you are the one supporting that exact activity. Basically, you have nothing to stand on regarding this matter.

whatever, you dont understand what im saying probably cause your American so i'll leave it at that.

i SUPPORT market value and its fairly safe to say the market value of clacks is between $80-$200 depending on the rarity of the cap.

i'd have no issue with EK just selling them for this price.

my problem is the vultures that will stock up on these $35 caps from EK sales to make $100 profits.

me buying the cap at the proper market value is nothing the same if you think it is you need to get something checked....

anyway, someone made a thread so might as well use it!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37332.0

Offline MMB

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:02:09 »

whatever, you dont understand what im saying probably cause your American so i'll leave it at that.

You're even dumber and more ignorant than I originally thought, so i'll leave it at that.

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:04:19 »
Buy a real beer cap...

Show Image

That ain't real beer!!

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:05:38 »
The point was that if there are people willing to buy CC's at more than original price, then people will sell them at that price. If you are guilty of this, you have no grounds to complain about people selling it at a higher rate. Because you are the root of the problem.

If no one buys 'em at that price, they won't be sold at that price!

Edited grammar/spelling cuz noob
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:07:53 by Acetrak »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:09:15 »
But that's clearly not supporting the market value!!

Ohwait...

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:12:18 »

i SUPPORT market value and its fairly safe to say the market value of clacks is between $80-$200 depending on the rarity of the cap.

my problem is the vultures that will stock up on these $35 caps from EK sales to make $100 profits.

me buying the cap at the proper market value is nothing the same if you think it is you need to get something checked....

Really? Let's not descend into personal attacks. MMB is correct, it appears you don't see how you paying a premium encourages this price gouging. This is simple economics.

If there are people selling you a widget for $1 million, and nobody buys, are they going to keep selling at $1 million? No. So they keep reducing the price until someone decides they will buy the widget. This establishes a value that a buyer will pay for that widget.

Now let's look at CC's. If I'm holding a 3D, and I want to sell for $100. You come over rayuki, and buy my clack for $100. I now know that people will pay $100 for a 3D clack. So I go and buy them at cost ($30) and keep selling them to you because you'll pay at $100. However if you didn't purchase at $100, in fact, if nobody would buy these for anything more that at cost, the price of these caps, aftermarket, would be $30 or even less.

You are helping drive up prices by purchasing high. It is simple as that. If nobody would buy high, then this problem would go away because the gougers wouldn't buy something they couldn't make a quick buck on. I hope I was clear enough.

And please, keep nationalities and personal attacks out of this. Makes you look bad, not MMB.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:15:54 »

Really? Let's not descend into personal attacks. MMB is correct, it appears you don't see how you paying a premium encourages this price gouging. This is simple economics.

If there are people selling you a widget for $1 million, and nobody buys, are they going to keep selling at $1 million? No. So they keep reducing the price until someone decides they will buy the widget. This establishes a value that a buyer will pay for that widget.

Now let's look at CC's. If I'm holding a 3D, and I want to sell for $100. You come over rayuki, and buy my clack for $100. I now know that people will pay $100 for a 3D clack. So I go and buy them at cost ($30) and keep selling them to you because you'll pay at $100. However if you didn't purchase at $100, in fact, if nobody would buy these for anything more that at cost, the price of these caps, aftermarket, would be $30 or even less.

You are helping drive up prices by purchasing high. It is simple as that. If nobody would buy high, then this problem would go away because the gougers wouldn't buy something they couldn't make a quick buck on. I hope I was clear enough.

And please, keep nationalities and personal attacks out of this. Makes you look bad, not MMB.

Cheers,

what is this! WAY TO MANY WORDS BRO for this obviously pointless, troll invested thread.

oh woops i thought this was my other account.

oh god, now what do i do!

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:21:35 »
Real mature, rayuki. I love the internet sometimes.

Cheers,

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:22:56 »
In a nutshell, basic supply and demand economics with a little plastic mixed in.

Christie’s Auctioneer: This precious Claude Monet water-lily painting sold to bidder #4124 for $43.7 million
Bidder #24569: What the F***? Why can't people just stop driving the price up by buying all these damn Monet paintings?
Christie’s Auctioneer: "Smiles"
Claude Monet from the grave: "Rolls Around"

Offline MMB

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:25:24 »
Your logic is wasted on rayuki, sadly.

Offline AriesX

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:27:28 »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 15:29:42 »
Trouble is that some people are willing to pay more to get them, if we all waited to get them in sales or in a flash sale at cost then most wouldn't have any at all!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 17:43:13 »
wut  :confused:

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 17:59:49 »
lol it's funny because that's what you've been crying about
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:05:27 »
lol it's funny because that's what you've been crying about
that's the joke

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #272 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:08:45 »
I wonder how they get the beer in there and make it stay foamy
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:09:00 »
Mine does not say that, still says "Soon..."
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:09:38 »

Elvin magic.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:10:19 »

Elvin magic.
for someone so interested in click clacks you'd think you'd know it's gnomes, not elves
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:12:05 »
Who said gnomes didn't know elf magic?

You better be careful, I hear gnomes don't take kindly to that kind of racial discrimination.

But yeah, I'm pretty obsessed either way.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:13:52 »
Elvish, anyway ;)

And gnomes get launched into space if they are not careful.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline aeta

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:26:18 »
ugh enter drawing lots for 1 CC only
Keycool 84, IBM Model M SSK, Noppoo Choc Pro
http://imgur.com/a/z2x2p#0

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:33:35 »
hell yeah drawings. it's about time.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:35:16 »
This is interesting. Going for the less desirable ones will give you better odds. Life has tough choices! :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:37:31 »
Interesting solution.

Cheers,

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:40:26 »
How do we know it's a drawing?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:43:19 »
I'm pretty bothered by this drawing thing. You have to win a chance to buy their product? :|
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:47:34 »
So should I enter for all of them and cross my fingers that I win at least one?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:50:20 »
I registered for the two I want, but we'll see I suppose. 

Offline aeta

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:51:47 »
Is it "1. One drawing entry per person." for 1 item or all items?
Keycool 84, IBM Model M SSK, Noppoo Choc Pro
http://imgur.com/a/z2x2p#0

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:52:24 »
assuming per item because each drawing page links to the specific key. they have product codes!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:52:26 »
One drawing entry per person. Efforts to "game" the system will likely be noticed and disqualified (as will any other entries to other drawings that we can reasonably tie to that person for the foreseeable future.).

I thought this meant you could only enter once and not once per key type.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:52:52 »
I think it's for each item.  The disclaimers read as if it's for a specific item number and they'll email an invoice if your name is pulled.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:53:12 »
I'm just putting in one per cap I guess since it doesn't say not to.

"Registration success! An e-mail confirmation has been sent" no email received....no email in junk folder....

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 18:54:38 »
One drawing entry per person. Efforts to "game" the system will likely be noticed and disqualified (as will any other entries to other drawings that we can reasonably tie to that person for the foreseeable future.).

I thought this meant you could only enter once and not once per key type.

I kinda doubt that.  I can't imagine them assuming that everyone will just be happy getting a CC at all (I won't, I dislike the skulls a bit) and disqualifying multiple entries on multiple items.  I think the gaming thing is if someone makes a bunch of dummy entries for the one key.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:03:23 »
What in the actual f*** EK, has it really come to this? So no more legit CC sales ever again, great. Now it really is all luck any way you slice it.  Also, they do indeed have different drawing numbers, so pretty sure it's per product.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:05:53 by noisyturtle »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:04:05 »
how is this not legit?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:06:42 »
My hope is that the reason for the delays is that they coded a randomizer instead of trying to pick out the names themselves.

I shouldn't say hope, it's more of an expectation.  And if that expectation is right, it's about the most fair way they can run things.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:08:01 »
how is this not legit?
That I have to win a contest to have a chance to pay money for something instead of first come first serve. It's legit, just not elegant.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:08:40 »
how is this not legit?

^^ what he said. Put yourself in their shoes ... some number of products (say 100) and some number of interested people (say 1000). There is no possible fair way unless it is a random drawing.

John

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:09:10 »
how is this not legit?
That I have to win a contest to have a chance to pay money for something instead of first come first serve. It's legit, just not elegant.
your word, not mine. i think you're expecting something that you don't really have any rights to... just enter and if you win, hooray! if not, you'll probably be okay. if there is a medical reason that you MUST have a click clack, mr. clack himself is very understanding and can probably take your biological needs into account. otherwise you don't have any entitlement to anything he makes.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:10:33 »
how is this not legit?

^^ what he said. Put yourself in their shoes ... some number of products (say 100) and some number of interested people (say 1000). There is no possible fair way unless it is a random drawing.

John

Pretty much this, I can't think of anything else.  Now on the other hand, faceless corporations such as apple don't care about the people that stood in line and didn't get a new iDevice.  Though that's not the best comparison as there's usually more after the first run.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:11:14 »
yeah... and click clack is not a corporation that can afford to buy cheap abusive labor, it's one guy doing injection molds gnomes  :cool: