Author Topic: ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard.  (Read 1238058 times)

Offline listboss

Re: ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard.
« Reply #1800 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 01:46:40 »
I am gonna get mine tomorrow and hopefully WASD Keyboards can print my custom designed keycaps:
(I've missed all the GBs so far!)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/675947/ergo-workman.png

(It's using ancient Persian symbols for numbers which are on Layer 1: concept here)

This is also the first iteration of layout I am working on:
https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=B4TGAU&hash=1ba6436c27e00d690238a8b9a20afec2
Which relies on having the ability to add macros to the firmware.

Any other tool for designing the layout other than MassDrops' cofigurator?
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2013, 01:50:36 by listboss »

Offline sordna

« Reply #1801 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 03:14:11 »
Finished mine, couldn't wait till the weekend. I used switches with pins and integrated diodes. For the 3 switches with the LEDs I opened the switches, removed the diodes to make room for the LED's and soldered the diodes on the underside of the PCB.
I put a blank Kinesis set on it and the default dvorak layout for now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2013, 03:20:42 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline islisis

« Reply #1802 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 03:45:01 »
Gotta say the acryllic looks great, as do the kinesis caps  ;)

Look forward to hearing how a flat layout compares to a contoured one!

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #1803 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 04:02:34 »
That acrylic looks very fine indeed, I might consider getting one of them as well.  ;D

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline bisl

« Reply #1804 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 10:58:17 »
Just got home this morning to find my box at home! Very excited.

One question: the surface mount diodes aren't colorfully marked, so it's tough to determine how to orient them just by using the instructional photos. When looking at the switch holes "right side up" (i.e. diode contacts on "bottom") should the print on the diode be right side up, or upside down?

Offline nesiax

• key64 libre keyboard
« Reply #1805 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 11:39:49 »
Until the second group buy, or most likely 2-3 weeks when many GH users realize that this was not the keyboard for them and they are running "low" on funds.
From my point of view the success or failure when using the ergodox is secondary and only time will tell you if that solve your requirement for a keyboard, perhaps the commercial options around are better ? i don't think so; what is is really important is what people have done : collaborate together on a common goal, that's the most important thing, people join and share their experience, skills and knowledge for the benefit of a community ; for me the best part is yet to come when people start to assembly the keyboard and start to mod it to their needs, just the fact of having a programmable controller gives you a huge competitive advantage over the commercial options because they are closed source and you can't change it to behave the way you want.
now: key64.org with cherry blue keys and dsa keys |  before: noppoo choc mini with cherry brown keys
Check out the key64.org project , A Libre * Design, Minimalist, Ergonomic, Splittable, Symmetric, Compact 64 Keys, Eco-Friendly, Durable, Native Colemak Keyboard, Embedded Mouse and Firmware Programmable USB Keyboard.  * Free as in Freedom.
The key64 need a case, if you want to design it please contact us

Offline sordna

« Reply #1806 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:14:09 »
Just got home this morning to find my box at home! Very excited.

One question: the surface mount diodes aren't colorfully marked, so it's tough to determine how to orient them just by using the instructional photos. When looking at the switch holes "right side up" (i.e. diode contacts on "bottom") should the print on the diode be right side up, or upside down?

That's a very confusing way to go by. Just pick up the surface mount diodes with tweezers out of the peeled container as you solder them... the end pointing to the perforated side of the plastic container, is the cathode, ie the end that should point to the square solder pad. There is a very fine line marking the cathode, but it's hard to see, so use the container holes as a guide when you take them out. If you spill them, just remember, the end that has the fine line goes to the square solder pad.
And make sure to solder them on the underside of the PCB (the opposite side from the switches and other components).

Wow, I'm typing this on my ergodox :-) Dvorak layout of course.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Zalusithix

« Reply #1807 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:20:57 »
Heh, after sitting for nearly a week with a status of "Shipped (100% Complete)" for all transactions on the status page, a tracking number shows up on the page today... To add insult to injury, the shipment won't make it here until next week. Pro tip to Massdrop: don't call an order shipped until it has, you know, actually shipped. Given the lack of a tracking number, I thought it had gone out USPS and have been sitting on pins and needles wondering when it was going to show up. Not exactly the best feeling when dealing with $1K worth of parts.

(On a somewhat related note, my configuration tool is on hold until I get the keyboards and get my test board assembled. I decided that it wasn't worth working on too much further until I had something to test with (macros etc). Had Massdrop not done their own, I would have pushed to have something functioning in one form or another ASAP, but as it is I can afford to take my time.)

Offline wolfv

Layout Configurator questions
« Reply #1808 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 13:42:11 »
Appreciate if someone could answer some Layout Configurator questions:

1) Is there a way to implement a key in Layer 1 to output "&"?
Looking at the Layout Configurator's right-click key-assignment drop-down menu, there is a Key_7_Ampersand in "Number Row" submenu, but _SHIFTED_Ampersand and other symbols are missing from "Shifted" submenu
(William posted a similar question on Reply #1799 http://65.111.241.205/index.php?topic=22780.msg839996#msg839996)
(I am trying to implement a symbols layer similar to Arensito or key64.  http://www.pvv.org/~hakonhal/main.cgi/keyboard   http://www.key64.org/design)

2) Are there a "Windows" and "Menu" key?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 08:49:37 by wolfv »

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #1809 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 14:51:34 »
Mark from Massdrop:

"@Mike, the aluminum cases won't be available this time around. Our case manufacturer mis-estimated the time (and cost) it would take to build them, as a result it took a lot longer and cost them a lot more to make them. The re-quoted cost for offering them again was more than double the last time."

My face when I got the aluminium ones:

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline bisl

« Reply #1810 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:15:31 »

That's a very confusing way to go by. Just pick up the surface mount diodes with tweezers out of the peeled container as you solder them... the end pointing to the perforated side of the plastic container, is the cathode, ie the end that should point to the square solder pad. There is a very fine line marking the cathode, but it's hard to see, so use the container holes as a guide when you take them out. If you spill them, just remember, the end that has the fine line goes to the square solder pad.
And make sure to solder them on the underside of the PCB (the opposite side from the switches and other components).

Wow, I'm typing this on my ergodox :-) Dvorak layout of course.

Ah, ok. Cathode to square end; check.

In this case I believe I have encountered the luckiest of circumstances--I did the right hand's diodes according to the confusing convention I described above (which happens to be correct, I believe, according to what you're saying, but stopped because I grew unsure of what I was doing and because I was doing a poor job of surface mount soldering.

Good to proceed with confidence, thanks for the tip!

Offline bisl

« Reply #1811 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:20:44 »
Mark from Massdrop:

"@Mike, the aluminum cases won't be available this time around. Our case manufacturer mis-estimated the time (and cost) it would take to build them, as a result it took a lot longer and cost them a lot more to make them. The re-quoted cost for offering them again was more than double the last time."

I actually wouldn't have a hard time believing it was due also in part to the machining problems they ran into with the aluminum. Others have reported that there are some precision issues with the aluminum cases, and mine are no exception--they required quite a bit of dremeling to fit. With my acrylic cases though, they just slid right in; perfect fit first time.

So yeah, the aluminum cases look bad ass, but you have to work for it. I'm bet MD's concern for quality control played a part too.

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #1812 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:33:15 »
I actually wouldn't have a hard time believing it was due also in part to the machining problems they ran into with the aluminum. Others have reported that there are some precision issues with the aluminum cases, and mine are no exception--they required quite a bit of dremeling to fit. With my acrylic cases though, they just slid right in; perfect fit first time.

So yeah, the aluminum cases look bad ass, but you have to work for it. I'm bet MD's concern for quality control played a part too.
You scare me. Now I think about the faults mine is going to have.

D:

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline natas206

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #1813 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:46:07 »
Thanks Sordna for the firmware help!

It's a heavy beast. Nice and cool on the palms:

Offline bisl

« Reply #1814 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 15:57:58 »

You scare me. Now I think about the faults mine is going to have.

D:

Nah, who knows, maybe you'll be the guy whose aluminums fit perfectly!

Realistically though, you should make sure you have a dremel or metal file on-hand when they arrive, just in case. They even call it out in the instructions now, so it seems like a fairly probable thing. And as always, MD are good people and I'm sure they'll provide whatever help they can, as they have at every step along the way so far.

Offline sordna

« Reply #1815 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 17:18:54 »
Thanks Sordna for the firmware help!

It's a heavy beast. Nice and cool on the palms:

Oh, you got the aluminum! Full hand case too, that's a great choice. Are you using the DSA keycaps?
I got them but I'll use them on my Advantage; on the Ergodox I'm using Kinesis keycaps to create a silght contour and make it easier to find my home row position.

Offline calavera

« Reply #1816 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 18:43:15 »
Massdrop just started a new round for the ErgoDox. So if you missed it last time, now's your chance

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1817 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 19:25:08 »
So tempting, esp for the possible price.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #1818 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 23:01:34 »
My kit came some time last week (was out of town).  Too tired to start on it now, but the kit was nicely packaged.  Overall I've been very impressed with Massdrop.
Russ

Offline ironman31

« Reply #1819 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 23:34:25 »
I got mine put together and now the O, L, '.' up column does not work. Any ideas on how I could fix this? All switches work and the diodes are all correct and work properly.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #1820 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:21:49 »
If a whole column is out, my guess would be a Teensy pin isn't making a good connection, or there's a break somewhere in that column.

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #1821 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:32:48 »
Massdrop just started a new round for the ErgoDox. So if you missed it last time, now's your chance
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently when you have not logged in more than 30 days, SMF stops notifying of Threads you are subscribed at, so I totally missed the first GB. I seriously depend on that feature, since emails is my main method of communication, and todo list.

I will need assembly because I am SOOOO Busy at work. I still cannot believe customers are still flocking after so many derps the company has done.

I really dislike Massdrop's entire php interface. So buggy and open. But they achieved the CMS first. Nice embedded jokes. Whatever, Viva ErgoDox!
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:39:03 by bebuxe »

Offline sordna

« Reply #1822 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 00:49:30 »
I made my Ergodox produce a click sound similar to my Kinesis Advantage. I wired a 2KHz buzzer, sparkfun part number COM-07950, to D5 and GND of the teensy, and added 4 lines of code! You can also hookup an LED and you get momentary flashes for every keystroke. I'M SO STOKED !!!

Code: [Select]
--- ../../src/keyboard/ergodox/controller/teensy-2-0--led.h 2013-04-01 15:06:12.000000000 -0700
+++ ./keyboard/ergodox/controller/teensy-2-0--led.h 2013-04-02 22:23:58.000000000 -0700
@@ -30,6 +30,8 @@
  #define _kb_led_3_set(n)         (OCR1C = (uint8_t)(n))
  #define _kb_led_3_set_percent(n) (OCR1C = (uint8_t)((n) * 0xFF))

+ #define _kb_led_4_on()           (DDRD |=  (1<<5))
+ #define _kb_led_4_off()          (DDRD &= ~(1<<5))

#define _kb_led_all_on() do { \
  _kb_led_1_on(); \
--- ../../src/main.c 2013-04-01 15:06:12.000000000 -0700
+++ ./main.c 2013-04-02 22:42:30.000000000 -0700
@@ -82,12 +82,16 @@ int main(void) {
  #define is_pressed   main_arg_is_pressed
  #define was_pressed  main_arg_was_pressed
  for (row=0; row<KB_ROWS; row++) {
+ if (row == 0)
+ _kb_led_4_off();
+
  for (col=0; col<KB_COLUMNS; col++) {
  is_pressed = (*main_kb_is_pressed)[row][col];
  was_pressed = (*main_kb_was_pressed)[row][col];

if (is_pressed != was_pressed) {
  if (is_pressed) {
+         _kb_led_4_on();
  layer = main_layers_peek(0);
  main_layers_pressed[row][col] = layer;
  } else {

Offline bebuxe

« Reply #1823 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 01:13:49 »
@sordna
N-n-nice. I assume you can do more, you have more registers play with on the teensy. Also, you can make an addition loop for 2n+1 cycles, and interpret the registers differently, for other applications (dubstep buzzer, I mean, morse code buzzer)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2013, 01:25:47 by bebuxe »

Offline sordna

« Reply #1824 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 01:33:47 »
Here is my loosely attached buzzer. I'll probably solder it to the teensy, facing up. Other buzzers like the Note 61-223-0 also work, but the COM-07950 sounds closer to a click and is smaller than all the others I tried. Now I probably need to drill the top acrylic plate to make room for the buzzer, and somehow try not to obscure the teensy program button...

Offline shawn

« Reply #1825 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 02:34:54 »
Hey folks. I'm from Canada, and just got my ergodox kits today.

Can't wait to get it all hooked up. :)

Have a good day.

-Shawn

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard.
« Reply #1826 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 02:52:48 »
Hey folks. I'm from Canada, and just got my ergodox kits today.

Can't wait to get it all hooked up. :)

Have a good day.

-Shawn

Nice!!! I hope mine show up this week :)

Offline Larken

« Reply #1827 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 06:23:48 »
one of my kits showed up all the way up in Singapore yesterday. Considering my past experience with USPS, I was pleasantly surprised that shipping took less than 5 days. Much props to Massdrop for how smoothly this went.

Took about 12 hours to assemble it, including stickering, lubing and figuring out the layout I want to use. Typing on one of these bad boys at the moment. Oh, those non staggered columns are giving my brain a rewiring.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard.
« Reply #1828 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 06:50:30 »
The aluminum case definitely needs to be anodized, it is raw, and unfinished  and I could definitely see someone getting a splinter because of it... Hopefully the pcb will still fit in the case afterwards.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #1829 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 07:36:13 »
The aluminum case definitely needs to be anodized, it is raw, and unfinished  and I could definitely see someone getting a splinter because of it... Hopefully the pcb will still fit in the case afterwards.

I was surprised by how sharp the raw edges were. You will probably want to do some work on the case even before it's anodized.
  It's my understanding that anodizing requires good prep work because it will actually accentuate any flaws in the surface.
 17719-0

I began some refining on one of the cases and what a difference. I would recommend everyone countersink the top layer and use flathead screws.
 It was easy to do with a simple countersink and looks and feels much better.

Offline regack

« Reply #1830 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 07:44:30 »
I was surprised by how sharp the raw edges were. You will probably want to do some work on the case even before it's anodized.
  It's my understanding that anodizing requires good prep work because it will actually accentuate any flaws in the surface.
  (Attachment Link)

I began some refining on one of the cases and what a difference. I would recommend everyone countersink the top layer and use flathead screws.

The one you reworked on the right looks very nice.  How did you do it?

Offline ironman31

« Reply #1831 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 08:39:30 »
If a whole column is out, my guess would be a Teensy pin isn't making a good connection, or there's a break somewhere in that column.

The solder was not touching a couple of the pads of the Teensy. Everything works fine now.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline OPTiK

« Reply #1832 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 09:54:31 »

(Attachment Link)

What bit size/tool did you use to countersink the hole?

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #1833 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 10:16:01 »
Some kind of small tutorial would be really nice for us who have not worked with metal that much before.  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2013, 10:22:54 by Dreadwyrm »

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline bisl

« Reply #1834 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 10:17:50 »

This is really quite impressive. How did you get the edges rounded so nicely, and the sides so flush?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1835 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 16:34:56 »
does anyone have a picture of a built ergodox with stabilizers put in?

Offline sordna

« Reply #1836 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 18:12:34 »
Here you go. I put them in but one side popped out because the wedge that normally grabs the underside of the plate (on normal keyboards with thin plates) needs to be filed off so it becomes like the red portion in the photo you provided in another thread:

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #1837 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:17:42 »
I just assembled mine but the left hand isn't working at all. :( The right hand works perfectly. I'm looking for some help.

Some things I've tried/noticed:
1. Plugging in and out the 3.5mm cable from the right hand side cause the LEDs to go on and off. They all go on when the keyboard is momentarily not working and then off when it's working (kind of like it has to be redetected by Windows when you do this). This leads me to believe the 3.5mm jack on the right hand side is fine.
2. Plugging in the 3.5mm cable to the left hand side while the 3.5mm and USB cable from the right hand side is plugged in causes Windows to play the device connected sound.
3. Using a multimeter gives me positive results when touching matching solder points on the two 3.5mm jacks.

I'm guessing that it must be the I/O expander. The only other things I can imagine would be the two shorts you have to create near the 3.5mm jack on the left side or the 3.5mm jack on the left side itself, but since I can get signal when touching matching solder points on the two 3.5mm jacks it shouldn't be either of those, right? I'm not really sure exactly what to test with a multimeter in all honesty, I merely borrowed one from my brother to poke around somewhat aimlessly and could use some tips on what to check for.

I also don't have a solder suck, only some copper braid which is apparently like the crappy way to attempt to remove solder. I haven't had any luck trying to desolder the I/O expander so I can try resoldering it. Any tips on how to desolder without a solder suck and with only copper braid available?
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline bisl

« Reply #1838 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:29:09 »
I also don't have a solder suck, only some copper braid which is apparently like the crappy way to attempt to remove solder. I haven't had any luck trying to desolder the I/O expander so I can try resoldering it. Any tips on how to desolder without a solder suck and with only copper braid available?

Really? I have both and I totally suck at using the solder sucker; I only ever have luck with solder wicks. My solder freezes up far too fast for me to get the sucker into position. Either I'm slow or I'm being too careful, or I just have no idea how to use the thing.

As for copper though, basically I just try to lay the wick between the pencil and the solder I'm removing, and then just heat the wick itself until I can see the solder flowing through it; wait an extra second or two and remove.

Sidenote: so how does an experienced solder soldier use a sucker, practically speaking? I'd love to make use of this tool if it's useful.

Offline sordna

« Reply #1839 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:30:36 »
Please post clear photos of the IO expander area / 3.5mm jack area, both from the PCB top and bottom, it would help a lot. Also, maybe you soldered the expander the other way around?
The edge of the chip with the cutout/notch should point to the right, as you look at the keyboard.

edit: Use the solder sucker while keeping the iron on the joint. Don't bother pulling the iron away. It's ok if the iron touches the sucker, any decent sucker can withstand the heat.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:33:11 by sordna »

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #1840 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 00:33:13 »
Will do so earliest I can, which will be late tomorrow night. The dimple on the I/O expander is at the corner where the square mark is on the PCB, so I assume I've got that ground connected right. This was my first time soldering though, so I suspect just poor work on my part on one or more of the pins is indeed the problem, though I can't readily identify things that are problematic at a glance.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #1841 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 01:19:36 »
Did you bridge the two pads at the top left, next to the capacitor?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1842 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 07:48:21 »
I am really surprised no one has put anime girls into that big-clear acrylic hand portion.

would've thought that's the first thing they'd do.. with all the miku-s and pokemons.

Offline sordna

« Reply #1843 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 07:58:21 »
Did you bridge the two pads at the top left, next to the capacitor?

That (and the capacitor itself) is not required. I built mine without doing that, and it worked fine. But I did bridge them afterwards.

Offline OPTiK

« Reply #1844 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 09:04:57 »
Does anyone know if the Litster case design on the ergodox site the same template that the massdrop gb used?

Offline bisl

« Reply #1845 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 10:03:15 »
Does anyone know if the Litster case design on the ergodox site the same template that the massdrop gb used?

That's correct. Massdrop worked with Litster to incorporate his designs into the buy.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #1846 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:07:21 »
I am really surprised no one has put anime girls into that big-clear acrylic hand portion.

would've thought that's the first thing they'd do.. with all the miku-s and pokemons.

Sounds cool, but would take a lot of effort to cut it to fit around the keys.

Offline regack

« Reply #1847 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:48:18 »

I think tp4tissue was thinking of the full-hand version...

Offline spm

« Reply #1848 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:21:30 »
Is there something like bill in the package? My ErgoDox is now at customs office. Package arrived with declared price 90$ and now I have to show them payment confirmation and pay customs. It will be better to pay customs from 90$ but I have to eliminate option that they open package and see real price :-)))

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #1849 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:24:08 »

I think tp4tissue was thinking of the full-hand version...

Oh, very true. He did say "acrylic hand portion." I missed that.