Author Topic: Hello from TN  (Read 1341 times)

Offline roflwaflz

Hello from TN
« on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:30:06 »
Hello everyone, nice to find a great resource like this forum to learn more about mechanical keyboards!

I work in a small computer repair shop (a glamorous life) and I own a Model M and a mystery keyboard that I hope you guys can help me identify at a later date.

Thanks for reading.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Hello from TN
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 07:52:02 »
Welcome to GH. And post the picture of your keyboard, I am pretty sure the knowledgeable fellows here will identify it in a snap.

Offline roflwaflz

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 10:46:29 »
Well this is it then. the only markings that identify it are the serial number and a "MADE IN TAIWAIN ROC" stamping. It has an AT/XT selector switch on the back lefthand side.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 11:26:54 »
Hm, Omnikey clone with Complicated Blue Alps? Or maybe a Chicony 5160?

Lucky guy, I love those switches.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 13:52:32 »
Looks like a computerland blue alps board i had a while ago.  Is the spacebar switch off set to the far right?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 14:47:37 »
Very shiny home row  8) .

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 14:54:33 »
Welcome fellow Tennessean! What part of the state are you in? Middle, East or West?

Offline roflwaflz

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 22:19:52 »
Welcome fellow Tennessean! What part of the state are you in? Middle, East or West?

I'm from East TN, but live on the plateau.

As far as the switch for the space bar, it's dead center. There's also no metal hinges for it, just two plastic guides on either side and the main switch in the middle. The layout is definitely something im going to have to get used to and this keyboard is pretty clicky. Can't say I'm disappointed in how it feels, much better than the Logitech K120 I was using since the untimely death of my Model M.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 05:31:41 »

I'm from East TN, but live on the plateau.

As far as the switch for the space bar, it's dead center. There's also no metal hinges for it, just two plastic guides on either side and the main switch in the middle. The layout is definitely something im going to have to get used to and this keyboard is pretty clicky. Can't say I'm disappointed in how it feels, much better than the Logitech K120 I was using since the untimely death of my Model M.

That's peculiar.  Look up retro brite and make your new board shine.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)