Author Topic: Hiya GH!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline awk

• °~°
Hiya GH!
« on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 22:12:57 »
Hey guys!

Got directed here through the mech keyboard subreddit's sizable GH userbase, figured it was time to sign up.

No keyboard just yet (using a Logitech G510 right now), but thinking about getting a KBT Race II. I'm a big fan of 75% tenkeyless, though tossing up on perhaps grabbing a KBC Poker II instead, arrow keys et al in the FN layer doesn't seem too hard to get used to, and I like the compacted form.

Eventually going to buy some keycaps for a gradient green > blue ocean feel, but not sure where to look to find keycaps in a large enough variety of colours to create a gradient :(

It's good to be here, can't wait to get to know y'all :) If you've got any thoughts on the Race / Poker II or keycap conundrum, I'd be glad to hear 'em!

EDIT: Also looking for some places to get aftermarket aluminium cases outside of groupbuys and the like! I'm not sure where to start looking, any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 April 2014, 22:16:27 by awk »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Hiya GH!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 22:18:50 »
The Poker layout is attractive and allow you to use standard sets. However to get accustomed to the arrow keys in FN layer is not as trivial as it may look. Just read some reviews and comments on them and try to figure it by yourself. It will depend on your use for the keyboard, however arrow keys are there for a reason.

Offline awk

• °~°
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 22:21:56 »
The Poker layout is attractive and allow you to use standard sets.

Sorry for the n00b question, just wondering what you mean by standard sets? Does it mean I'm likely to find a wider variety of keycaps for a Poker because the keycaps are standardised further than the Race?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 22:27:19 »
The Poker layout is attractive and allow you to use standard sets.

Sorry for the n00b question, just wondering what you mean by standard sets? Does it mean I'm likely to find a wider variety of keycaps for a Poker because the keycaps are standardised further than the Race?

Standard set = ANSI layout set of replacement caps. The assumption is that you are going to get an ANSI poker. There are also ISO pokers, that has a big inverted-L key. ANSI layout is the more common for US.

The ANSI poker has an standard ANSI subset of the full size keyboard. I hope that helps.