Author Topic: [REVIEW] Razer Deathadder 2013  (Read 91648 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: [REVIEW] Razer Deathadder 2013
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 05:06:50 »
I've always been surprised at how many fans these DeathAdders have...

I had one (in 1800dpi form), and it spent most of its (rather brief) life in a drawer, since I just couldn't get along with it. I found it to be very clumsy in terms of form factor-- too heavy, too large, not shaped in a way conducive to proper control-- poorly built (couldn't even glide properly, because the shell was warped in a way that caused one of the corners to scrape on the mousepad; nor did it last very long, as mentioned), and accompanied by software that not only had a hard time functioning, but which also screwed up the settings for other devices every time the mouse was plugged in. I had bought it to replace a cheap and ancient Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse, but wound up continuing to use the Basic Mouse until it died instead, after which I went for something completely different. Every now and then, I'd take out the DeathAdder to see if maybe I was being uncharitable, but it never got any better, and eventually it died. The whole experience left me quite completely decided that Razer would not be getting any more of my money in the future.

Always found it rather difficult to believe that the mouse I had is the same one (or a member of the same family, at least) that enjoys such wide acclaim.
Well, most people don't experience the issues you've had, and as for the form factor part that is purely subjective. What screwed you over is not that the DA is bad in general, it's most likely Razer's ****ty QC, although the driver issue seems a bit odd. I've found that the Razer drivers are the drivers that interfere the least with other devices, although Logitech drivers are also pretty decent at that. Could be because you used the older DA, I haven't really heard a lot about it so the drivers for that could be worse than the newer ones, but the 3500dpi version has gotten praise pretty much everywhere.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 00:46:20 »
After using the Taipan, I'm excited to try the new 2013 DA out. I'm really, really liking this new rubberized texture that Razer is rocking. I feel like the DA 2013 might make me retire all my other mice.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 15:08:08 »
Just had mine delivered this afternoon. Holy crap this thing is awesome.

Everything I loved about the DeathAdder, but better.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 18:20:18 »
I just bought this mouse and it is due to arrive by friday.
I have heard about the older deathadders using cheap switches for the left and right mouse buttons that lead to double clicking issues.
A coworker just told me that he cleans and lubes his switches in his 3.5g about every 2-3 months because he has had this issue.

Does anyone happen to know if they are using the same switches in this new 2013 version?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 20:58:59 »
I think they're using higher quality switches.

I actually prefer the click feel of the Taipan to the new DA, but the new DA is still very, very good.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 12:36:37 »
I just bought this mouse and it is due to arrive by friday.
I have heard about the older deathadders using cheap switches for the left and right mouse buttons that lead to double clicking issues.
A coworker just told me that he cleans and lubes his switches in his 3.5g about every 2-3 months because he has had this issue.

Does anyone happen to know if they are using the same switches in this new 2013 version?
It's been a non-issue for me. Never had that problem. But the 2013 definitely feels higher quality.

Offline Stoogie

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 01:01:36 »
ive used the original deathadder v1 since release, 6 years~? baught a 2013 edition because i can, tried it out, its exactly the same, apart from that its alot harder to pickup, the whole thing is made of cheaper plastic or rather plastic that has a matte finish, and because of this matte finish it is slippery as, i have big hands, i rarely sweat, i play claw style, i also pick up the mouse mainly with the sides of my palm inward gripping the outside edges of the back top part, u can do this very easily on the original deathadder cause it has a rubber coating, however u cant do it at all on the 2013 edition, also the rubber on the sides of the 2013 edition actually makes it harder to pick up with normal dry hands compared to the gloss plastic the original has, gloss plastic is alot more grippy if its not covered in so much sweat that its dripping off, and like i said i rarely sweat, so in other words would i recommend u upgrading? no because its way too difficult to pick up, i run at 400dpi, 6/11 windows 3-3.15 sens, hybrid wrist arm, 2.5 arm 3.5 wrist....

Offline balanar

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 03:47:06 »
This might seem ridiculous but I am holding off getting the DA 2013 because it only has green lighting. I have a blue black theme going and this would clash with everything else. I was previously using a mamba which I donated to my bro but might end up getting another one because that worked beautifully.

On another note, has anyone been able to compare one of these with another popular mouse like the sensei?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 10:58:51 »
On another note, has anyone been able to compare one of these with another popular mouse like the sensei?

I have both. The Sensei is a rock solid mouse, but after using the Taipan and the DA 2013, I'm probably going to sell it and get a Sensei Raw. The glossy finish just isn't doin it for my sweaty hands :(

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 05:28:43 »
You forgot a con.
No RGB multicolor LED

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 06:41:54 »
You forgot a con.
No RGB multicolor LED
That's not really a con, it's lacking a visual luxury that has no impact on performance in any way, and I wouldn't be surprised if that feature would actually drive up the price somewhat, which would make the lack of this feature a pro for most people rather than a con.

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 06:52:03 »

That's not really a con, it's lacking a visual luxury that has no impact on performance in any way, and I wouldn't be surprised if that feature would actually drive up the price somewhat, which would make the lack of this feature a pro for most people rather than a con.
I could see that being true. I just think that if youre going to make an LED lit device you should offer more options (like the Ducky Shine keyboards)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:00:19 »

I could see that being true. I just think that if youre going to make an LED lit device you should offer more options (like the Ducky Shine keyboards)
Not necessarily; while I certainly like the ability to change LED colours as I please, I can also fully understand why a company would choose to not do this or only allow it on specific models; it's all about their image. Razer has gone "green" with their new mice, so most of them come with green backlighting. Not using multicolour LEDs mean cheaper products as well as keeping their image consistent, they can allow themselves to use multicolour on their higher end products because at that point the price issue is moot and the people buying them are often so invested in the brand already that they don't need to force the company colour onto them.

Or I'm reading too much into this and Razer are just cheap *******s, which could be the case judging by the decision to stop using onboard memory.

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:04:30 »

Not necessarily; while I certainly like the ability to change LED colours as I please, I can also fully understand why a company would choose to not do this or only allow it on specific models; it's all about their image. Razer has gone "green" with their new mice, so most of them come with green backlighting. Not using multicolour LEDs mean cheaper products as well as keeping their image consistent, they can allow themselves to use multicolour on their higher end products because at that point the price issue is moot and the people buying them are often so invested in the brand already that they don't need to force the company colour onto them.

Or I'm reading too much into this and Razer are just cheap *******s, which could be the case judging by the decision to stop using onboard memory.
I did notice that you cant even get the blue Black Widow Keyboards anymore. They Do seem to have gone green as far as LEDs go which I think suits them and should have been their standard lighting from the beginning (aside from special edition mice and keyboards)

Id just bugs me that the Mamba costs so much more than the deathadder when it is literally a deathadder with RGB LED and wireless.
The later not being of any real importance to me.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:17:24 »

I did notice that you cant even get the blue Black Widow Keyboards anymore. They Do seem to have gone green as far as LEDs go which I think suits them and should have been their standard lighting from the beginning (aside from special edition mice and keyboards)

Id just bugs me that the Mamba costs so much more than the deathadder when it is literally a deathadder with RGB LED and wireless.
The later not being of any real importance to me.
It's not just a DA with RGB LED's and wireless, it's also got a worse sensor and weighs significantly more due to the battery. I was stupid enough to buy a 1. gen Mamba for my laptop as I figured the wireless would come in handy, but I should've done some more research as the wireless system is far too cumbersome to even bother including.

Offline S2000Gan

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:21:22 »
LOL! Yeah The mamba is definitely not a mouse to use on anything other than a desktop. That wireless receiver seems pretty big.

Not to hate on Razer but EVERY Razer product any of my friends have bought have ALL failed.
My GFs Tron mouse disconnects and reconnects occasionally (Stops responding and Windows makes the sound for device unplugged and then for a new device and then it works again)
My friends Imperator stopped working after a little more than a year.
My friends Orca headphones stopped working after a little more than a year.
My friends Lycosa and my Lycosa have some weird issue with certain keys preventing other keys from being pressed. And his stopped working after a little more than a year. Mine still works but they key blocking was so annoying I stopped using it.
My friends Megladon headphones keep "crashing" randomly and stop working until he unplugs them and plugs them back in.
My friends Black Widow Keyboard seems to work well aside form the page down led which flickers once in a while.
And that's EVERY razer product I or my friends own.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:29:23 by S2000Gan »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 28 February 2013, 07:38:13 »
Yeah, Razer are fairly notorious for their lack of QC.
Personally the worst I've gotten is a dead LED on my DA, but the replacement has shown no issues so far. The only Razer mouse I have had significant issues with is the Habu, which was a collaboration between Razer and Microsoft. That' was quickly sorted by opening it up and pushing a cable plug back in place.

Though I consider their mice the only competitive part of their products; there isn't much reason to get anything else by Razer as it's all beaten by the competition.

Offline Nedlinin

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 18:19:27 »
great review thanks. i'm buying one

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 13:50:42 »
*shrug* I've owned pretty much every Razer mouse synce they came out with the Viper, and they've all been rock solid. My 1st gen DA had a squeaky mousewheel, so I shipped it back and they sent me two brand new ones.

Personally <3 razer mice and pads. Everything else I'm meh about.

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 07:12:39 »
I just got it, but it's too light. So I'm going back to my Sensei, but I must say, it does feels like huge improvement.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 13:29:04 »
great review thanks. i'm buying one
Now that the price is down, seems like a no brainer.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 01:59:30 »
Excellent review, thank you. I'm thinking if changing my 20 year old mechanical keyboard and having not much choices due to where I'm living now, I might end up with the Razer BW Ultimate 2013 and since I'm changing, I might as well change the mouse to DeathAdder 2013 also. Same green hue right? My only beef with the DA is the rubbery-like surface. I used to own a Razer Krait and after 2 years of using, the coating on the left mouse button began to peel. I could see the glossy plastic beneath the rubbery coating. It's ugly and icky and I wonder how the DA is after a few years. Does it peel?

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 00:06:33 »
Excellent review, thank you. I'm thinking if changing my 20 year old mechanical keyboard and having not much choices due to where I'm living now, I might end up with the Razer BW Ultimate 2013 and since I'm changing, I might as well change the mouse to DeathAdder 2013 also. Same green hue right? My only beef with the DA is the rubbery-like surface. I used to own a Razer Krait and after 2 years of using, the coating on the left mouse button began to peel. I could see the glossy plastic beneath the rubbery coating. It's ugly and icky and I wonder how the DA is after a few years. Does it peel?

I don't have the 2013 DA I have an older version, and I can tell you that the surface peeled on mine. That's actually the only reason I'm looking to replace mine because otherwise it's fine. Can't remember how many years I've had it.. four or five I'm guessing. Still, I'm considering purchasing a 2013 to replace it with so... *shrugs*

Offline Emospence

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 10:46:01 »
Tempted to give this a try - more or less decided Zowie FK is too small/narrow for me. I feel forced into a semi-claw grip from my usual fingertip.
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:21:52 »
Tempted to give this a try - more or less decided Zowie FK is too small/narrow for me.

Have received this DeathAdder 2013 yesterday and I have only one word for it - Cheap-ass quality.  I have a large amount of mice in my possession and this latest rodent from Razer is just way below expectations.

First off - the plastic housing squeaks like an actual rodent when used and moved around the mouse pad.  The surface finish (spray-on rubber like paint) is so nasty you think it came out of a cereal box.

Amazing how a company like Razer have so many idiot Zealots screaming out loud - how brilliant it is, it's clearly NOT worth the money they're asking for.  The only good thing going with this design is that they swiped the precise configuration of an older Microsoft mouse and placed it's gawdy Green LED inside it's horribly thin ABS housing.

Nice to finally see what all the fuss was about, another wasted amount of money thrown onto another crap product made by Razer.  If anyone else out of China could copy this design and up the quality standard - they would easily beat Razer.

Definitely not worth buying, nothing to see or experience other than a little lighter wallet because the search for a better mouse is still on people.  I expect the Zowie brand of rodents are probably better quality than what Razer could ever produce in their lifetime.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:25:34 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:34:32 »
Tempted to give this a try - more or less decided Zowie FK is too small/narrow for me.

Have received this DeathAdder 2013 yesterday and I have only one word for it - Cheap-ass quality.  I have a large amount of mice in my possession and this latest rodent from Razer is just way below expectations.

First off - the plastic housing squeaks like an actual rodent when used and moved around the mouse pad.  The surface finish (spray-on rubber like paint) is so nasty you think it came out of a cereal box.

Amazing how a company like Razer have so many idiot Zealots screaming out loud - how brilliant it is, it's clearly NOT worth the money they're asking for.  The only good thing going with this design is that they swiped the precise configuration of an older Microsoft mouse and placed it's gawdy Green LED inside it's horribly thin ABS housing.

Nice to finally see what all the fuss was about, another wasted amount of money thrown onto another crap product made by Razer.  If anyone else out of China could copy this design and up the quality standard - they would easily beat Razer.

Definitely not worth buying, nothing to see or experience other than a little lighter wallet because the search for a better mouse is still on people.  I expect the Zowie brand of rodents are probably better quality that what Razer could ever produce in their lifetime.

If it's squeaky you should try RMAing it, since it shouldn't do that. Mine certainly doesn't.

In defence of the DA2013(not saying you're wrong, but somebody's gotta play devil's advocate);
The coating is way better than pretty much anything else apart from the newer Logitech mice, which use similar, if not the same, surface material. The old coating was absolute crap and would completely wear away in heavy traffic areas after just a day or two of use(heck, even a few hours of use would noticeably wear it). So far both my DA2013 and Naga2012 are showing pretty much no signs of wear whatsoever.
The surface in general is better than the old one, that shiny plastic was terrible and collected gunk like nobody's business.

The only issues I found were that the price tag was a tad high for such a basic mouse, and the scroll wheel is a bit loose.

Although the body does feel a bit weird compared to the old one, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Idk what you were expecting though, if you want something that feels solid that often means heavy, which is exactly what many gamers don't want. I know the lightweight body might feel a bit shoddy, but it's necessary to keep weight down, which is pretty important for low-sens gamers like me.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:43:27 »
My scroll wheel was not loose. In fact I find it too tight for fast scrolling. For games, yes, great for changing weapon. Not so great for scrolling long web pages.

And I still hate the rubbery coat of paint. I think it will peel. It feels like it. I just don't understand why they didn't go with the metallic paint that the cheapo Logitech wireless mouse is sporting!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 20:47:30 »
My scroll wheel was not loose. In fact I find it too tight for fast scrolling. For games, yes, great for changing weapon. Not so great for scrolling long web pages.

And I still hate the rubbery coat of paint. I think it will peel. It feels like it. I just don't understand why they didn't go with the metallic paint that the cheapo Logitech wireless mouse is sporting!

I was thinking more sideways, it wiggles from side to side.
And I'm pretty sure the reason they went with the surface that they did is because it's durable and won't become **** if you've got sweaty palms one day.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:05:16 »

Definitely not worth buying, nothing to see or experience other than a little lighter wallet because the search for a better mouse is still on people.  I expect the Zowie brand of rodents are probably better quality than what Razer could ever produce in their lifetime.

Maybe you had a bad one, maybe this mouse is not for you, but I am far from a razer fanboy and yet my DA 2013 is the best mouse I used up to now, and I tried quite a few over the years. Probably wont be the most durable, but it is still in a perfect shape after near a year. Mine is not squiky at all. I like the finish, maybe not you, but I do. And the sensor and shape are amazing to me.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:15:56 »
If it's squeaky you should try RMAing it, since it shouldn't do that. Mine certainly doesn't.

Well I have dealt with ratcheting bolts for the last four weeks and removing gearbox/housing mechanisms out of Caterpillars all day/night long.  So I'm covered in grease and oil/dirt nearly every day/night.

So when I arrived at home to find that the DA2013 was delivered, I got excited to see what all the fuss was about, but found out straight away when you hold that device it's so delicate and cheap it creaks and squeaks under my hand when used.  Granted I'm no delicate angel when it comes to using my keyboards/rodents but this current Razer product has just shocked me into realizing that they produce such poor quality rubbish compared to Logitech, Microsoft and even Mionix with their dodgey laser sensor, has a better quality finish than that of a DA2013.

Regarding getting an RMA, that would conclude that I would want another DA2013, which I now do not.  It just goes in the bottom desk draw into the REJECT pile of rodents that failed to live up to their/my expectations.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2013, 21:25:10 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 05:23:11 »

Well I have dealt with ratcheting bolts for the last four weeks and removing gearbox/housing mechanisms out of Caterpillars all day/night long.  So I'm covered in grease and oil/dirt nearly every day/night.

So when I arrived at home to find that the DA2013 was delivered, I got excited to see what all the fuss was about, but found out straight away when you hold that device it's so delicate and cheap it creaks and squeaks under my hand when used.  Granted I'm no delicate angel when it comes to using my keyboards/rodents but this current Razer product has just shocked me into realizing that they produce such poor quality rubbish compared to Logitech, Microsoft and even Mionix with their dodgey laser sensor, has a better quality finish than that of a DA2013.

Regarding getting an RMA, that would conclude that I would want another DA2013, which I now do not.  It just goes in the bottom desk draw into the REJECT pile of rodents that failed to live up to their/my expectations.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there; Mionix are still way dodgier than this. Also, if it creaks and squeaks then you've probably gotten a bad one, mine feels rock solid no matter where and how I squeeze it.
And yeah, comparing it to Microsoft isn't a good move either, the IME 3.0, which I love, feels cheap and shoddy as all hell. Seriously, the IME 3.0 is the only mouse I own that feels cheaper than my Mionix.

So yeah, you might be done with it, but it seems like you're judging it based on a faulty product(which seems to be the biggest problem with buying Razer; poor QC).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 06:09:20 »
And yeah, comparing it to Microsoft isn't a good move either, the IME 3.0, which I love, feels cheap and shoddy as all hell. Seriously, the IME 3.0 is the only mouse I own that feels cheaper than my Mionix.

Right lets clear something up here immediately.  You keep referring to this infamous IME 3.0 BUT I am currently using a much older Microsoft Intellimouse Pro which is Made in Mexico (Not the Chinese Rubbish).

Of course this current model rodent is my all time fave.  The smooth plastic is easily tough as hell despite me squeezing it like a power grip on a wrench, yet no sound from the housing at all.  This baby was built for men to hold and use hence it is why it still reigns supreme as my ALL time favourite rodent, compared to all the so-called expensive junk, pretending to be computer mice.

The unfortunate thing is the rampant propaganda being pushed by the media (internet sites) glorifying rubbish as 1st RATE these days.  All the current available rodents being made and sold in stores are so poor in quality that it surprises me that everyone thinks that it's alright and we should put up with this rubbish on a daily basis.  If the companies want to produce such crap/horrible quality rodents, then they should drop the prices to reflect it's actual worth.

Pity no one here is going to custom build a mouse from scratch, in which it uses a quality housing with robust switches.  We spend a fortune on Custom Keyboards out of Korea yet no one wants to build a customized mouse, why is that?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2013, 06:18:24 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 06:21:16 »

Right lets clear something up here immediately.  You keep referring to this infamous IME 3.0 BUT I am currently using a much older Microsoft Intellimouse Pro which is Made in Mexico (Not the Chinese Rubbish).

Of course this current model rodent is my all time fave.  The smooth plastic is easily tough as hell despite me squeezing it like a power grip on a wrench, yet no sound from the housing at all.  This baby was built for men to hold and use hence it is why it still reigns supreme as my ALL time favourite rodent, compared to all the so-called expensive junk, pretending to be computer mice.

The unfortunate thing is the rampant propaganda being pushed by the media (internet sites) glorifying rubbish as 1st RATE these days.  All the current available rodents being made and sold in stores are so poor in quality that it surprises me that everyone thinks that it's alright and we should put up with this rubbish on a daily basis.  If the companies want to produce such crap/horrible quality rodents, then they should drop the prices to reflect it's actual worth.

I referred to the IME 3.0 as that is the latest of the actually good MS mice(no it's not infamous, wtf), the one you're referring to is ancient and just one of their mice, you specifically referred to MS as a brand in your previous post and not just a single MS mouse. I just wanted to point out that even at their best, MS isn't guaranteed to be quality.

And again; I don't really know how your experiences have been, but apart from some mice like the Naos and IME 3.0, most of the mice I've tried all feel pretty solid to me, including most newer Razer mice. If you really squeeze your mice that hard then I suggest that you do something about it as it can't possibly be good for your hand. I'd be interested in hearing what it is you feel is poor quality about most mice, not just the DA.

Edit:
Also, Damorgue is currently trying to build his own mouse, so there are people trying this. The reason it's not that common to see is because it's more complicated than a keyboard. If you want to build your own keyboard you just need a box for a case, a bunch of switches, a plate and a controller + wire and then lowpoly it up. Creating the most important part of a mouse, the shell, is far more complicated than the hollowed out box most keyboards require.

Edit2:
I don't know the economics of mice, but if you really think they're overcharging I suggest you hang out in IRC and ask Carter about it, I dunno how much he's allowed to tell you, but he should be able to tell you enough to give you an idea of how it works at least.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2013, 06:27:36 by vun »

Offline ObserverJLin

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 18 January 2014, 09:17:19 »
Very good overview. What mousepad would you recommend with the DA2013?

Also may I ask what sensitivity you use in CS:Source with your 400dpi mouse sensitivity?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 January 2014, 09:19:40 by ObserverJLin »

Offline HellaFlush

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 14:35:32 »
Hello, geekhack users! I got deathadder 2013. After desoldering old switches and soldering new ones left switch wouldn't contact with motherboard. Someone knows how to fix that? There was gold contacts for switch but they got damaged.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 21:23:33 »
Hello, geekhack users! I got deathadder 2013. After desoldering old switches and soldering new ones left switch wouldn't contact with motherboard. Someone knows how to fix that? There was gold contacts for switch but they got damaged.

It's not gold, it's copper.. hahahahaha

either follow the trace on the pcb, and bridge the two at the nearest solderpoint with regular copper wire,

OR, you can take a knife, lightly scratch the black lacquer off the pcb next to where you burned off the copper trace. Then take a little piece of wire and solder the pin to that exposed trace, you can solder to anything that is shiny gold colored..

Do you have a solder sucker ?

Make sure to read my D2F-01F soldering guide in my WMO ultimate link in my Signature below.

Offline HellaFlush

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 06:29:04 »

It's not gold, it's copper.. hahahahaha

either follow the trace on the pcb, and bridge the two at the nearest solderpoint with regular copper wire,

OR, you can take a knife, lightly scratch the black lacquer off the pcb next to where you burned off the copper trace. Then take a little piece of wire and solder the pin to that exposed trace, you can solder to anything that is shiny gold colored..

Do you have a solder sucker ?

Make sure to read my D2F-01F soldering guide in my WMO ultimate link in my Signature below.

Big thanks for reply, i mean its gold color)) but its very thick so they just felt out of holes. I have solder sucker. So you mean ill need to scratch the black layer and solder copper wire and connect it with switch pin? If so ill try.
P.S. I can solder it to any trace?
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2016, 07:40:36 by HellaFlush »

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 13:34:51 »
I don't like the deathadder's lack of buttons.
hi.