Author Topic: Wrist rests  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
Wrist rests
« on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 11:43:10 »
So, what is the deal with wrist rests here? I am looking into the grifiti wrist rests for my mouse and keyboard, but I thought I'd see what the general opinion here was first. What do you lot suggest?
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Wrist rests
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 12:00:15 »
Love the Grifiti rests, but be warned: they peel. A LOT. By that I mean the fabric that's glued to the top of the foam starts peeling away damn near instantaneously.

I wish more companies went the route of the Razer Goliathus and stitched the edges.

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 12:11:57 »
Love the Grifiti rests, but be warned: they peel. A LOT. By that I mean the fabric that's glued to the top of the foam starts peeling away damn near instantaneously.

I wish more companies went the route of the Razer Goliathus and stitched the edges.
Could you suggest any sort of DIY way to stop them from peeling?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 12:16:10 »
Hmmm good question. I haven't really tried anything, but maybe a thin coat of something around the edges. Not sure what you'd use, but it'd have to be safe to use on the cloth and rubber foam.

Or you could just hit up Beast for a wooden wrist rest: http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=127.0

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 12:20:41 »
Hmmm good question. I haven't really tried anything, but maybe a thin coat of something around the edges. Not sure what you'd use, but it'd have to be safe to use on the cloth and rubber foam.

Or you could just hit up Beast for a wooden wrist rest: http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=127.0
Do you have any experiences with wooden wrist rests? I'd obviously rather give money to a smaller business like Beast's woodworks, but I am equally unsure of the product either way. Also, would beast be able to paint them black? It's not a must, but it'd just look nicer with my stuff. :)

Offline kishagi

• Narcoleptic
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 19:36:44 »
While you have probably went ahead and bought a wrist rest, I bought a Grifiti and Im loving it. It was pretty cheap comparatively to "higher quality" wrist rests but it works fantastically. I love how it's somewhat squishy so i can put my elbows into it with comfort while im reading a bunch of text.

I think ive only had mine for 2-3 weeks but i havent seen any peeling yet, though I cant shake the feeling that it will start soon