Author Topic: Keycool 84  (Read 3134 times)

Offline sClass

Keycool 84
« on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 14:02:30 »
Hey everyone, I just got my Keycool 84 and I want to customize it more but I don't have many ideas. Post your customized 84s and give me some ideas!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: Keycool 84
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 14:45:40 »
mine had a **** ton of novelty caps on it but then I switched it back to stock with only the red esc and blue arrows.

I like it better just like that

Offline sClass

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 15:01:18 »
mine had a **** ton of novelty caps on it but then I switched it back to stock with only the red esc and blue arrows.

I think I'm going to go with blank or side printed key caps with a few novelty keys on it. Dont know if i want one color or multicolored key caps yet.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 15:04:37 »

I think I'm going to go with blank or side printed key caps with a few novelty keys on it. Dont know if i want one color or multicolored key caps yet.

I can't use blanks on anything other than letters or mods. I can't even remember where ,.;'/[]\ keys are, and I can't touch type number and function keys. But side printed is godly. So is black on black PBT

But the classic red esc is soooo awesome

Offline sClass

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 15:29:46 »

I can't use blanks on anything other than letters or mods. I can't even remember where ,.;'/[]\ keys are, and I can't touch type number and function keys. But side printed is godly. So is black on black PBT

I was also thinking about planks for just the letters and [];'./ ect. and leave everything else as is, but i dont know if i would like how it looked.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 15:48:19 »

I was also thinking about planks for just the letters and [];'./ ect. and leave everything else as is, but i dont know if i would like how it looked.

kc84 isn't 100% symetrical like a 60%, so It'll look off a bit

Offline sClass

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 16:15:39 »

Ya that was what i was thinking. Might just have to try all blanks then and see if i can manage.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 16:16:57 »

Ya that was what i was thinking. Might just have to try all blanks then and see if i can manage.

finding a 1.75x right shift blank may be hard unless you find a set specifically for the 84

Offline sClass

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 16:37:01 »

finding a 1.75x right shift blank may be hard unless you find a set specifically for the 84

Have you ever seen anyone selling 1.75x blanks?

Offline nzhao20

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 16:52:23 »
Idk but banggood blank pbt keycaps are from keycool so they might fit

Offline sClass

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 17:18:56 »
Idk but banggood blank pbt keycaps are from keycool so they might fit

I checked there and it seems they are just the regular size shift keys.  :(

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 18:15:31 »
yea unless u find a 84 specific set on banggood, you have to get a tsang kit for the 1.75x keys

Offline sClass

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 18:43:29 »
yea unless u find a 84 specific set on banggood, you have to get a tsang kit for the 1.75x keys

Where would you get those at?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:03:26 »

Where would you get those at?

When a group buy comes along. Right now the raindrop set has a tsang kit

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:04:26 »

Offline sClass

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:10:08 »

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:28:57 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52475.0

So just watch for group buys from that guy?

bunny's great. Other people will have GBs too

ask ivan, I think he's doing a 1.75x shift in his black pbt set

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:29:21 »

Offline sClass

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 19:40:22 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50935.0

Cool. Thank you for all the help. Getting pretty excited now that I know how good group buys can be!

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:37:38 »
Where did you get your keycool?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:22:48 »
Where did you get your keycool?

banggood, both times

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:42:41 »

Are you talking about the one that comes with the KC84 by default...? Because mine looks kinda faded (or rather, it's a grey font that doesn't look all that great on the keycap)

Also, sClass, if you're looking something  cheaper than a group buy, you could always go for either of these: http://www.banggood.com/buy/84-key-caps.html (both out of stock currently though, not sure when they'll be in stock).

Offline sClass

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:45:29 »

Are you talking about the one that comes with the KC84 by default...? Because mine looks kinda faded (or rather, it's a grey font that doesn't look all that great on the keycap)

Also, sClass, if you're looking something  cheaper than a group buy, you could always go for either of these: http://www.banggood.com/buy/84-key-caps.html (both out of stock currently though, not sure when they'll be in stock).
Yep i got the white ones!

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:52:17 »

Yep i got the white ones!

Oh nice! You must have been one of the lucky last buyers before they went out of stock then.