Author Topic: Hello from Amsterdam  (Read 1061 times)

Offline jchmblm

Hello from Amsterdam
« on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 18:18:35 »
Hello everyone,

I'm new here! I've been lurking for a while as a guest user, but I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard and I was hoping I'd be able to get some advice from people here.

I'm thinking about either buying a Leopold FC700R Cherry MX Blue or a Leopold FC660 Cherry MX Blue (I definitely want to go for a Cherry MX Blue seeing as I LOVE the sound and I'm going to be using it mostly for typing). I think I want to buy one with blank keycaps first and somewhere along the way I'd love to buy new keycaps. I'm not sure whether the name "DSA Keycaps" refers to their size or the look of the letters, but I love the old-fashioned look, especially on grey/brown keycaps.

I can't seem to find much information on where I can buy these keyboards, seeing as they're all out of stock on elitekeyboards and there's only a few on eBay. Would someone here be able to help me find what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,
jchmblm

P.S. I love the look of Leopold keyboards, and I love the idea of a keyboard having a detachable USB-cable, so that's a few reasons why I'm definitely looking for a Leopold keyboard instead of another brand like Filco. Are there any other important differences?