Author Topic: Topre Keyboards for Europe.  (Read 188371 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
Re: Topre Keyboards for Europe.
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 01:42:05 »
Yup, I will. Ordered 4 for friends & me from contacts in Seoul. :)

I think the question was for Bruce :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 03:50:45 »
ANSI FTW!

Oh YES please.  I might just get back into the Topre line with this coming baby  8) .  Keep us informed about this.

I would be honoured to buy any type of Topre Keyboard from you Bruce.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 April 2013, 03:52:28 by Elrick »

Offline Q404

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 14:45:30 »
Yes the question was for bruce and annother question :Are 55g Topre keyboards coming to europe in the near future?

Offline Se7en

« Reply #503 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 10:39:19 »
Any chance for a white TKL ISO uniform weight (45 or 55)? Perhaps silent as well?

Offline wsjudd

• The Keyboard Company Blog
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 12:27:54 »
Hey, this is Will at the Keyboard Company - Bruce has been quite busy as of late so I'm going to try and answer as many questions as I can :)

Will you be restocking the USA Topre Realforce keyboards?  If so, when do you expect them, and which type will you be receiving?

Thanks for the info.

Yes, but it likely won't be until this summer.

Will you guys get the new Leopold Topre keyboard?

We don't have anything to announce now, but we do see the demand.

Yes the question was for bruce and annother question :Are 55g Topre keyboards coming to europe in the near future?

Probably not, we're not seeing much interest for 55g.

Any chance for a white TKL ISO uniform weight (45 or 55)? Perhaps silent as well?

Yes, these will be restocked.

We may have something to announce later on, but nothing at the moment guys :) Thanks for the questions!
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:35:21 »
No 55g :(
Filco MJ2 87 Mx Blue    Filco MJ2 87 Mx Red    Noppoo White Mx Blue     KBC Poker Mx Red    IBM Model M 1391401    Dell AT101w Black Black ALPS

Offline etatoby

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 06:39:51 »
Hi. I'm shopping for a Topre keyboard and I'd rather buy it from a reputable EU company than from a random Taiwan dealer ^-^

Question: do they make a full-size one, US ANSI, with variable weight and the newer silent action? Will you stock them anytime soon?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2013, 06:42:43 by etatoby »

Offline Naku

« Reply #507 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 04:05:22 »
And I thought that 55g would be rather popular switch  :(

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #508 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 10:42:47 »
Hi. I'm shopping for a Topre keyboard and I'd rather buy it from a reputable EU company than from a random Taiwan dealer ^-^

Question: do they make a full-size one, US ANSI, with variable weight and the newer silent action? Will you stock them anytime soon?

From what I understand, the new "silent" switches are only available on TKL keybaords at the moment. Of course, the currently available 104UW and 104BB models are very quiet already, compared to other mechanical keyboards. I'm using a UK version of these at the moment and it's definitely the quietest mechanical I own even without the new switches.

And I thought that 55g would be rather popular switch  :(

Yeah, I'm intrigued personally but in order for it to be viable we need to be confident we can sell the minimum order quantity :)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
« Reply #509 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 19:17:48 »
I would buy a swedish 55g in about 1 second :D Doesnt matter if its full size or tenkeyless, black or grey or whatever, ill buy it so fast. Oh, and i dont know if topre stopped making numpads, but elitekeyboards have the white ones in stock, so i guess they can be ordered from topre somehow. That would be nice to buy from keyboard co.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 June 2013, 19:19:27 by Ghostpixel »
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline Se7en

« Reply #510 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 12:14:00 »
I would buy a swedish 55g in about 1 second :D Doesnt matter if its full size or tenkeyless, black or grey or whatever, ill buy it so fast. Oh, and i dont know if topre stopped making numpads, but elitekeyboards have the white ones in stock, so i guess they can be ordered from topre somehow. That would be nice to buy from keyboard co.

Please step this way and make it happen:

[IC] Swe/Fin silent Realforce TKL ISO

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #511 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 13:09:32 »
when do you think ANSI realforces will be available again? I'm in for one possibly white uniform 45gr or even 55g and I'd prefer to get one from EU than going the JP route.

thanks

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #512 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 03:32:20 »
Probably this summer, Matt3o.
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 03:45:33 »
I hate this uncertainty :)  ^-^

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #514 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 05:12:30 »
Me too. I can ask if you like, but my guess is there is no news.
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:15:08 »
well asking never hurts...

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #516 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:16:49 »
OK, will do. I don't want to ask about every post though (and particularly ones that have been answered before), otherwise it's not much more convenient for Bruce than reading the forum himself ;)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Matt3o

• -[起財-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:45:55 »
thanks!

put it like this, if you get them within few weeks... here, take my money. I can even pre-order if you want. Otherwise I'll go US/KR/JP whatever.

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #518 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 10:50:41 »
We'll be restocking this, is the answer:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa-topre-realforce-87uw-variable-mini-black-on-beige-keyboard.asp

I don't think it'll be available in your 2 week window, however :)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Roper102

« Reply #519 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 17:17:54 »
Is there any chance for a full-sized, non-variable Topre keyboard with German layout to be available?
I'd really like to get a Topre board with 105 keys, sadly the ones available are 'variable', which is kinda odd for gaming.

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:46:34 »
Are you guys planning on getting some of the new 'cheap' topre boards in at any point?
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 08:51:35 »
Are you guys planning on getting some of the new 'cheap' topre boards in at any point?

Yes, that is planned but we have nothing to announce at the moment.

Is there any chance for a full-sized, non-variable Topre keyboard with German layout to be available?
I'd really like to get a Topre board with 105 keys, sadly the ones available are 'variable', which is kinda odd for gaming.

It's hard to keep a lot of stock for non-English layouts, just because it is hard to justify the minimum order quantity even for better selling Topre keyboards. We have nothing to announce, but we know there is some demand and we'll do what we can :)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 05:27:50 »
Any chance for UK ISO white topre THL?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 07:12:42 »
Again, it's difficult to promise we can get UK/Beige/TKL in stock. As we see fewer Topre sales than (for example) Filco, it's hard to order less common variants because it's unlikely we'll be able to hit the minimum order quantity. Of course, we are looking at these threads and other indicators when we make these decisions, so please continue to share :)

To you Phinix, and to all others requesting specific Topre keyboards in this thread, I'd encourage you to find other people that want the same keyboard as you. If we can be assured that we'll be able to sell the MOQ, then it's much easier for us to make that decision.

I hope you understand that we see the demand for Topre keyboards in general, but the many different combinations - colour, layout, key weighting, size - make it different to satisfy every potential customer :)
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 08:47:40 »
We tried to get a group of ppl together and make a special topre for sweden a while back, and we got 10 people, but in the end we needed 40-50 to make it happen :/ Maybe that was because it would be a real one-off model so to speak. Is the MOQ lower for models that is already in produktion from time to time at topre?
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 08:53:17 »
Ideally you would get a slightly larger group, as a large proportion of people tend to renege on their earlier signups.

Edit: MOQs are larger than I thought!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2013, 17:06:01 by wsjudd »
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 03:40:26 »
We tried to get a group of ppl together and make a special topre for sweden a while back, and we got 10 people, but in the end we needed 40-50 to make it happen :/ Maybe that was because it would be a real one-off model so to speak. Is the MOQ lower for models that is already in produktion from time to time at topre?

I would love to see a SE/FI version with the color scheme of the 108UH models. I'm sure they would be sellable, but putting down money for 50 units is a bit much... How much would an order like that be per unit?

Is it possible to order keycap sets from whoever it is that manufactures the Realforces? That is a product category that is really missing on the market =P

With that said it would be lovely if the Keyboard Company would stock the Swedish/Finnish 105UFW in white. The only place to get them seems to be from Verkkokauppa and their site is really tricky to navigate unless you know Finnish...

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #527 on: Sun, 01 September 2013, 14:56:08 »
Generally Topre is even harder than Filco to hit minimum order quantities for. As you add in more factors - colours, layout, sizes - it gets even more difficult to justify the MOQ. Again, if we have proof the demand is there then we're happy to order some in, but at the moment I don't think we're anywhere near reaching the MOQ for the item you've described - 108UH in Nordic.
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #528 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 12:51:56 »
I suppose the MOQ is larger than the above mentioned 40 or 50 then. I can't see a number like that not selling eventually..

A gray set of modifiers would be a great add-on to a white Topre keyboard. A set like that would also be the same for all(/most) language versions. Now I know you of course don't carry any white models.. but that would be nice as well =)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #529 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 05:25:47 »
I wonder how many UK guys would buy white/beige 45g TKL?
50 is not enough for MOQ?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline wsjudd

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 07:56:56 »
Yup, usually MOQs are much higher.
Blogs & Social Media
The Keyboard Company