Author Topic: Anyone living in S Korea able to proxy ship some items?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline intelli78

Anyone living in S Korea able to proxy ship some items?
« on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 18:39:49 »
See subject line.

CalmB4tehPwn has volunteered in the past, but he hasn't logged in for a while.

Me and a couple other guys might want to order Kingsavers from a Korean company and we'd need someone to help. It's not confirmed yet, I just want to see if anyone is available to help.

Thanks!
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: Anyone living in S Korea able to proxy ship some items?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 01:03:32 »
Anyone? Could really use the help here!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 06:33:10 »
It's interesting that there are so many options for China but so few for South Korea. Obviously China is a much bigger economy, but with keyboards in particular being a hot thing in Korea,  you'd think it would be a more common request around here.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 12:01:09 »
Yeah, Like I said in the other thread, I figured I'd just ask sprit as a long shot. But he does seem willing to work something out if they have them in stock.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline intelli78

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 12:25:17 »
Yea, sounds good. We will owe him a favor.

BTW, I am waiting on a member here to decide whether he wants to sell his Kingsaver to me. It's got switches I want (green) so I'll probably bite if he offers it to me. I should know in the next few days. But I'm sure in that case it won't be too hard to find at least one other person to go in on the deal with you.

If that falls through, then I am totally down, though  :D

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 13:35:04 »

BTW, I am waiting on a member here to decide whether he wants to sell his Kingsaver to me. It's got switches I want (green) so I'll probably bite if he offers it to me. I should know in the next few days. But I'm sure in that case it won't be too hard to find at least one other person to go in on the deal with you.

No worries! Congrats on finding one. I have a ducky with green alps that I'm going to be harvesting if I finally get one, so I don't blame you. They're great switches.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 18:41:38 »
Just don't ask them to ship a boat full of kids.

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:05:15 »
Just don't ask them to ship a boat full of kids.
Ouch...
Too soon...
At least give it an hour.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 19:12:02 »
The sooner the better, I say.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 01:09:09 »

No worries! Congrats on finding one. I have a ducky with green alps that I'm going to be harvesting if I finally get one, so I don't blame you. They're great switches.

Those are clicky, right?  The switches in this KS are linear green, probably from a Zenith.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 02:30:29 »

Ah, even better. And yeah, they are clicky. I love them. They're like a more crisp blue.

Those are clicky, right?  The switches in this KS are linear green, probably from a Zenith.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 20:35:57 »
I asked how many he has and whether he could recommend a proxy.

He replies after a couple days:

Hi!

The reason i don't sell in foreign counties is that all of left Kingsavers have defects.

Please understand it.

Thanks!

Not helpful at all. I could ask what kind of defects but it's like pulling teeth. Maybe he'd respond better to a Korean speaker.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:07:27 »

If you're talking about the board I think you are, then yes they are from a 1983 zenith.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)