Author Topic: Classifieds and the 60 post rule....  (Read 29569 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Classifieds and the 60 post rule....
« on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:34:33 »
I know I'm not alone when I say that I think the 60 post rule is completely pointless. See it time and time again with new users who sign up and then start smashing out posts in every thread trying to hit the post mark, as soon as they hit the target they sell their stuff and we never see them again. Another problem is fighting shill bidders, with no end to the auctions in sight there's nothing to prevent sellers from registering a ton of different accounts.

I'm a frequent visitor to the Overclockers Australia forums and they do things a little differently. Until you've been a member for 3 months you can't even see the classifieds. This means less scammers, less shill bidding and generally a better experience all round. Mods, what do you think?

I know this will probably irk some people as a lot of people only come here for the classifieds but what are we aiming to be? IMO the classifieds should be a reward for participation in the community, not something that is deserved for spending 2 minutes for filling out an online registration.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
Re: Classifieds and the 60 post rule....
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:37:26 »
I agree with the 3 month rule. I'd much rather have new members lurk for 3 months rather then spamming the forum to get 60 posts.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:39:15 »
Bueller, how about 2 or 1 months? I remember 3 months in, I was pretty well off and involved with the classifieds..Idk where i would be if i was only allowed 3 months in.
I think 2 months is a better amount of time

There has to be something that could be done. It is really obvious when someone posts 60 posts in two days and then immediately puts up a thread then leaves as soon as they sell/buy or whatever.

I say make the entire classifieds a hidden forum that only members who have reached whatever milestones that are set can see.

I wanted to address you spam in that old thread, but rowdy suggested that it would be taken here so I didn't want to drag it on :p

The problem with a hidden forum is that some users who are sub-60 and brand new wouldn't be able to see items for sale, and thus wouldn't be able to buy those items via PM

And sure it is obvious, but it still happens and not much really happens...

I mean this just happened today

credit to Photekq for screencap
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:43:15 by Dubsgalore »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:42:23 »
If shill bidding is the biggest worry, then the easiest solution would be to ban auctions on the forum. With the ban in place, new members are free to buy and sell regardless of post count and/or join date. However, I think it would be foolish to have no sale requirements at all. I think a combination of post count and how long the person has been a member should determine when he/she gains permission to sell.

I think this sounds like a reasonable requirement:
  • member for 2 weeks
  • 30 post minimum
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:53:24 by keymaster »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:42:36 »
The problem with a hidden forum is that some users who are sub-60 and brand new wouldn't be able to see items for sale, and thus wouldn't be able to buy those items via PM

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. I'd rather sell the an established member of the community than someone who could run a paypal scam on me with nothing to lose. I'm not firm on the 3 months limit but I do think making it time based is a good idea.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:47:15 »

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. I'd rather sell the an established member of the community than someone who could run a paypal scam on me with nothing to lose. I'm not firm on the 3 months limit but I do think making it time based is a good idea.

As would i sell to an established member, but there are still credible, real people out there...I remember I bought my poker from JD the second I hit 60 posts..

from a seller's standpoint, making it hidden could potentially take away a lot of legitimate buyers, but at the same time make it a more safer, trusted market.

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:49:49 »

Maybe a second classifieds forum that is more restrictive?

"Double-secret Classifieds"
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:51:28 »
Show Image

Maybe a second classifieds forum that is more restrictive?

"Double-secret Classifieds"

You mean like for Clarks?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:53:00 »
I agree change is necessary but I doubt anything will be done.

The classifieds is probably the biggest reason people come to geekhack.

And shill bids won't matter as soon as auctions are banned.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:59:16 »
I agree change is necessary but I doubt anything will be done.

The classifieds is probably the biggest reason people come to geekhack.

And shill bids won't matter as soon as auctions are banned.

Was that decided?

Or how about a second Classifieds for people who have been here at least 3 months and have at least 100 posts, and that second Classifieds is where auctions and Clarks take place.

The general Classifieds that everyone (with 60 posts?) can see is just for keyboard and keycap set sales.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:03:06 »
Bueller, how about 2 or 1 months? I remember 3 months in, I was pretty well off and involved with the classifieds..Idk where i would be if i was only allowed 3 months in.

There has to be something that could be done. It is really obvious when someone posts 60 posts in two days and then immediately puts up a thread then leaves as soon as they sell/buy or whatever.

I say make the entire classifieds a hidden forum that only members who have reached whatever milestones that are set can see.

I wanted to address you spam in that old thread, but rowdy suggested that it would be taken here so I didn't want to drag it on :p

Show Image

First, what's wrong with loving Geekhack? I love it and thus I post.
Second, I have over twice the amount of posts needed to post in classifieds. I'm not "spamming" to get to 60.
Third, I haven't made a classifieds thread yet. I don't have anything to sell or buy. I am here to enjoy the keyboards and community.
Fourth, I would like to bring into attention dustinhxc. I remember seeing him getting 30ish posts on his first day. He now has 440 after 20 days, a 22 per day post count. Somebody even called him out on that, and no one batted an eye.
Fifth, look at John's thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50991.0 . Its filled with people under 60 posts, yet they are actively buying items.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:09:17 by catnipz0098 »

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:06:42 »
stahp with the personal attacks guize.

I respect the people who spam to 60 in order to post in classifieds, better than people who spam for no ****ing reason other than to do it...

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:08:07 »
Second, I have over twice the amount of posts needed to post in classifieds. I'm not "spamming" to get to 60.
Third, I haven't made a classifieds thread yet. I don't have anything to sell or buy. I am here to enjoy the keyboards and community.
Fourth, I would like to bring into attention dustinhxc. I remember seeing him getting 30ish posts on his first day. He now has 440 after 20 days, a 22 per day post count. Somebody even called him out on that, and no one batted an eye.

I guess the screenshot was taken out of context to prove a point, but you have to admit that succession of posts is a bit extreme...
No personal attack at all, very clearly taken out of context  ;D

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:09:37 »
I lurked here for quite a while before finally signing up.. I signed up because I wanted to buy something in the classifieds. I think it would be a shame to cut off new members from the classifieds, or have a second 'special' classified.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:11:15 »
I have no problem with users who post a lot if they are quality posts. But we see it all the time, they get super spammy and try and justify saying that they are making quality posts and what happens? As soon as they hit 60 it drops off to a snails pace.

So they're not posting to try and add something beneficial to the conversation, they're just trying to hit some arbitrary number.

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:11:30 »

I guess the screenshot was taken out of context to prove a point, but you have to admit that succession of posts is a bit extreme...
No personal attack at all, very clearly taken out of context  ;D

I like to open a lot of tabs, let them load, respond, and hit send close to each other. My internet is pretty slow and I find that this way is the best for me in terms of waiting for pages to load. Alas it leads to things like that screenshot you took.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:12:23 »
I lurked here for quite a while before finally signing up.. I signed up because I wanted to buy something in the classifieds. I think it would be a shame to cut off new members from the classifieds, or have a second 'special' classified.

The main problem is more along the lines of people who just want to sell something, so they spam up to 60 posts, sell their item, and disappear.  This has the potential to go sour for the buyer, especially if the seller is no longer around.

At the moment there is nothing to stop someone with 0 posts from posting in an existing WTS/WTB thread.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:13:08 »

I respect the people who spam to 60 in order to post in classifieds, better than people who spam for no ****ing reason other than to do it...

LOL I just noticed the irony of this
I hope this wasn't intended...it's funny either way, but wow.....what a personal attack right there  :))

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:13:54 »
I have no problem with users who post a lot if they are quality posts. But we see it all the time, they get super spammy and try and justify saying that they are making quality posts and what happens? As soon as they hit 60 it drops off to a snails pace.

So they're not posting to try and add something beneficial to the conversation, they're just trying to hit some arbitrary number.

The screenshot of me was taken today. I had way over 60 yesterday. I'm trying to add to the conversation, and I'm definitely not trying to hit some arbitrary number, and my posts aren't dropping off to a snail's pace, in fact you may even say its increasing, as I have learned more and thus can add more to the conversation.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:15:16 »

The screenshot of me was taken today. I had way over 60 yesterday. I'm trying to add to the conversation, and I'm definitely not trying to hit some arbitrary number, and my posts aren't dropping off to a snail's pace, in fact you may even say its increasing, as I have learned more and thus can add more to the conversation.

Oh don't take offense mate, that wasn't directed at you in particular. It's just something I've seen a lot of in the year or so I've been here, you haven't even got a classifieds thread so I don't think anyone is questioning your integrity.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:15:26 »

To be clear, the screenshot is from today, and he has well over 60, and he's not racing thus to 60. however it still is spam..

Just an example, whenever someone is racing to 60, it looks exactly like that, and they are usually short little replies that don't contribute much.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:15:36 »
LOL I just noticed the irony of this
I hope this wasn't intended...it's funny either way, but wow.....what a personal attack right there  :))

Wow, stop trying to start **** nubsgalore.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:17:28 »
Regardless of the requirements placed to post in Classifieds, there will always be people ready to take advantage of unwary buyers. (aka. spam to 60 posts, make a sale, leave)
So you need to implement a method that makes it difficult or less worthwhile for the 'bad' seller so even bother.

edit: i do admit i sometimes talk a load of crud and it might be more than 10% of my posts...

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:17:42 »
Wow, stop trying to start **** nubsgalore.

wow, is it irony funday-sunday? you started it, remember? (not 15 minutes ago) (see below)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:18:59 »

Show Image

Fifth, look at John's thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50991.0 . Its filled with people under 60 posts, yet they are actively buying items.

Lol dude I'm still hitting a 25 a day post average! Maybe because.... I love this forum and it's my new favorite place to spend time? Nothing wrong with enjoying a place! Ps people did give me **** at first! ;)

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:22:55 »

To be clear, the screenshot is from today, and he has well over 60, and he's not racing thus to 60. however it still is spam..

Just an example, whenever someone is racing to 60, it looks exactly like that, and they are usually short little replies that don't contribute much.

Like I said before, my internet is really slow so I let a ton of pages load, read, write about what I want to say, and then hit post post post. Its what I have been used to and will always do until I get better internet.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:23:07 »
I'm relatively new here and I do have an impression that trades here are pretty safe. If we start seeing scams, the confidence will be shaken. I think we need to ensure that this is being taken care of considering the increasing popularity of mech keyboards.

The uniqueness of this trade is that the items are all pretty expensive. And with Clacks, people may claimed that it is lost in post. This is getting scary. A combo of time in board and post count is a good idea. But how much and how long is something the mods has to decide.

What about ratings of each individual? Do we even want to go to that path?

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:24:59 »
I'm relatively new here and I do have an impression that trades here are pretty safe. If we start seeing scams, the confidence will be shaken. I think we need to ensure that this is being taken care of considering the increasing popularity of mech keyboards.

The uniqueness of this trade is that the items are all pretty expensive. And with Clacks, people may claimed that it is lost in post. This is getting scary. A combo of time in board and post count is a good idea. But how much and how long is something the mods has to decide.

What about ratings of each individual? Do we even want to go to that path?

People should start using the heatware repuation system. I don't plan to trade, so i haven't made one yet.  ;D

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:26:44 »

Show Image

Lol dude I'm still hitting a 25 a day post average! Maybe because.... I love this forum and it's my new favorite place to spend time? Nothing wrong with enjoying a place! Ps people did give me **** at first! ;)

I'm not giving you ****. They called me out on my activity, and thus I cited you, who they do not give **** at.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:28:22 »
I do agree heatware would be helpful, I set mine up and need to get some reviews in it. It's scary trading so I have only done it with people that I've noticed are semi long time members.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:30:46 »
I blame nubs for the fight about to break out, he mocked the message I was trying to portray. tsk tsk.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:34:01 »
I do agree heatware would be helpful, I set mine up and need to get some reviews in it. It's scary trading so I have only done it with people that I've noticed are semi long time members.

I dont even have heatware :)) Never understood the usefulness of it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:35:32 »

I dont even have heatware :)) Never understood the usefulness of it

I have it, but hardly anyone seems to use it.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:40:44 »
I blame nubs for the fight about to break out, he mocked the message I was trying to portray. tsk tsk.

You were accusing me of personally attacking someone, when in the first place there wasn't any personal attack, and then at the same time you personally attacked someone, so I pointed out the irony. Ever since, you haven't dropped it and are becoming delusional now :P
I don't even know what you are talking about anymore, so I am done here Kirk

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:41:42 »
You were accusing me of personally attacking someone, when in the first place there wasn't any personal attack, and then at the same time you personally attacked someone, so I pointed out the irony. Ever since, you haven't dropped it and are becoming delusional now :P
I don't even know what you are talking about anymore, so I am done here Kirk

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:43:39 »
when you can no longer argue, pretend you have rustled the jimmies of the person you were arguing with. that way it seems as if you've won the argument. trust me, i'm 12 years old and i spend a lot of my time on the internet, i know about these things.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:44:16 »
One big problem is people like Mickey Mo: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30435

6 posts that count. 23 actual posts. A bunch are just hi hi hi hi hello. The rest are obviously irrelevant and make no sense.

I'm surprised he hasn't noticed that his post count is still 6.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:44:43 »
when you can no longer argue, pretend you have rustled the jimmies of the person you were arguing with. that way it seems as if you've won the argument. trust me, i'm 12 years old and i spend a lot of my time on the internet, i know about these things.

you don't even know the 1/5th of it

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:45:47 »
One big problem is people like Mickey Mo: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30435

6 posts that count. 23 actual posts. A bunch are just hi hi hi hi hello. The rest are obviously irrelevant and make no sense.

I'm surprised he hasn't noticed that his post count is still 6.

Exactly. At least I make comments and dont just say. i like or hi  :eek:

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:59:29 »

you don't even know the 1/5th of it

Care to fill us in with the other 4/5th?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned

Offline catnipz0098

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:04:00 »
I would make sure that the forum software that is being used supports such a feature before we go too far down this path.  It is not always trivial to get special use cases like this to fit with the technology.

I am not bashing your idea, I just know that the technical limitations can sometimes dash a good idea before it can truly be realized...

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:10:16 »
I haven't seen many ideas yet. Just a lot of bashing on other people and so called russled jimmies.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:25:04 »
Yeah let's keep it civil okay guys? Would prefer this to be a legitimate conversation regarding what can be done rather than a bunch of people arguing and getting butthurt.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:31:44 »
I think a combination of 30 posts and 1 month will suffice to take out all the people trying to abuse classifieds.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:33:50 »
I think a combination of 30 posts and 1 month will suffice to take out all the people trying to abuse classifieds.

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me. Means users have a month to get their 30 posts which should cut down on some people's spammy nature too.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:34:50 »

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me. Means users have a month to get their 30 posts which should cut down on some people's spammy nature too.

At one post a day its a good rationer.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 00:41:55 »

At one post a day its a good rationer.

one post a day :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 03:55:29 »
Once you start imposing too many restrictions, you will put people off from joining at all.

What about this captcha before every post for a while?  I think this must have come in way after I joined, but it has frustrated quite a few people.

Throw one post per day (or whatever) on top, plus extra restrictions to classifieds, and we might miss out on some good people joining up and staying around.