Author Topic: Elitekeyboards.com  (Read 15065 times)

Offline jooks1184

Elitekeyboards.com
« on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 18:38:03 »
Is there a reason elitekeyboards.com is missing from the vendor list?

Offline 1839cc

Re: Elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 18:41:31 »
Probably. He used to be there a long time ago, but something happened and he left. I don't know what.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline 1839cc

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:26:55 »
Maybe that means business is good and he doesn't have time to write. That would be good.

Post #300!
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:29:17 »
Yeah, it would be nice to hear his plans on what he intends to get in stock and any future plans he has.  Still waiting on him to start selling the Leopold 700.

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 02:58:32 »
The only new thing i've seen on his site is the double shot Esc keys.

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:26:01 »

We were the first vendor to have a forum; previously I had posted under the name "majestouch." The biggest perk was people would laud EK for interacting closely with the community, and this praise was good advertising, but after a while I found there was a big downside. I think the forum lasted for about a year before I asked iMav to remove it.

So, the downside....I *really* respect transparency and openness in others and I tried my best to earn that respect from the community, but there are always critics, and I ran into trouble when it came balancing the confidentialities required of running a business and my efforts. Often people would not believe me, or not respect me...simply because they could. A few particular arguments ensued over that year I was here and the biggest difficulty of it all wasn't about figuring out who was right or wrong or who's ego would break first, but because everyone here is anonymous - and EK isn't, we were at a big disadvantage.

We had a great amount of support from the majority here, but the critics, being anonymous, could perch themselves vociferously on very precarious arguments that would stalemate and drag threads into the dirt, people had nothing to lose and could say whatever they wanted to us. My feeling was, we ended up being relegated to a public position of "Yes'um!" and "Yes sir!"

EK was created as a great opportunity to mix my interest in entrepreneurship with my appreciation for excellent typing devices. I had the experience and connections to convince Asian manufacturers that had zero interest in the US market at the time to give Western markets a chance; something others who tried were not able to do. And I want my contributions to the market and to keyboard communities to continue to be something that others cannot provide. So, if at any point I have to just become a left to right dealer that can contribute nothing more than "At your service ma'am!"...I will lose the passion to continue this business.

Anyways, I'm always around, despite rumors to the contrary;) And if you'd like me to comment on a thread you can always PM me or email sales@elitekeyboards.com

tl;dr -------- Having a forum here makes me feel like I'm in the service biz because everyone here is anonymous and can say whatever they want without recourse. It's a passionless endeavor.

P.S. New stuff IS on the way:)  ...(edited for grammar, doh, distractions...)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:28:49 by elitekeyboards »

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:30:49 »
Thanks EK for posting. I always wondered that myself but figured you weren't involved with the community. It's good to see you still lurk though, if only to see what people want.

It's always a few bad eggs that ruin the fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store!
Looking for CC's!

Offline jabar

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:34:14 »
Get some FC700Rs in stock thanks
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:55:05 »
Derp.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:10:31 by missalaire »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline jabar

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:59:01 »
And Ducky Shine 2 with MX Clears :)
Well, considering that the Ducky distributor is not EK, that's unlikely.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:10:13 »
And Ducky Shine 2 with MX Clears :)
Well, considering that the Ducky distributor is not EK, that's unlikely.

Derp, just realized I confused EK with mechanicalkeyboards.com >.<

Definitely would like to see some FC700Rs for sure, especially in graphite.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:18:02 »
Elite keyboards has ALWAYS been wonderful in dealing with me. I will continue to do business with them and it is a shame that he left the forum.

Offline 1839cc

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:00:24 »
Elite keyboards has ALWAYS been wonderful in dealing with me. I will continue to do business with them and it is a shame that he left the forum.

I second this!

Hope to see some Leopold tenkeypads too.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:08:30 »
I bought a keyboard from EK once and the entire transaction was excellent.

My problem is that I love my collection of Reagan-era keyboards that will last longer than I will - not a good model for "somebody else's" business!
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:29:08 »
<snip>
P.S. New stuff are on the way:)

Oh noes!  Cue CC speculation thread in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 21:24:19 »
I bought a keyboard from EK once and the entire transaction was excellent.

My problem is that I love my collection of Reagan-era keyboards that will last longer than I will - not a good model for "somebody else's" business!

Well, it'd be great for them if they sold parts.. especially the hard to find ones. Sure there's a lot of competition, but someone with NEW M13 molds? With the engineering changes I lust for? Would send SO MANY PEOPLE THERE.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 22:27:35 »

We were the first vendor to have a forum; previously I had posted under the name "majestouch." The biggest perk was people would laud EK for interacting closely with the community, and this praise was good advertising, but after a while I found there was a big downside. I think the forum lasted for about a year before I asked iMav to remove it.

So, the downside....I *really* respect transparency and openness in others and I tried my best to earn that respect from the community, but there are always critics, and I ran into trouble when it came balancing the confidentialities required of running a business and my efforts. Often people would not believe me, or not respect me...simply because they could. A few particular arguments ensued over that year I was here and the biggest difficulty of it all wasn't about figuring out who was right or wrong or who's ego would break first, but because everyone here is anonymous - and EK isn't, we were at a big disadvantage.

We had a great amount of support from the majority here, but the critics, being anonymous, could perch themselves vociferously on very precarious arguments that would stalemate and drag threads into the dirt, people had nothing to lose and could say whatever they wanted to us. My feeling was, we ended up being relegated to a public position of "Yes'um!" and "Yes sir!"

EK was created as a great opportunity to mix my interest in entrepreneurship with my appreciation for excellent typing devices. I had the experience and connections to convince Asian manufacturers that had zero interest in the US market at the time to give Western markets a chance; something others who tried were not able to do. And I want my contributions to the market and to keyboard communities to continue to be something that others cannot provide. So, if at any point I have to just become a left to right dealer that can contribute nothing more than "At your service ma'am!"...I will lose the passion to continue this business.

Anyways, I'm always around, despite rumors to the contrary;) And if you'd like me to comment on a thread you can always PM me or email sales@elitekeyboards.com

tl;dr -------- Having a forum here makes me feel like I'm in the service biz because everyone here is anonymous and can say whatever they want without recourse. It's a passionless endeavor.

P.S. New stuff IS on the way:)  ...(edited for grammar, doh, distractions...)

This is actually quite a reasonable explanation, one that I could see myself making if I were mixing a hobby with business. If there's one thing I've learned by working with people, it's that the customer is NOT always right. In fact, the customer is wrong much of the time.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 09:27:50 »
Yeah I heard EK has good service too.

Ans I would love to see the Leopold tenkeypads as well. And the FC700rs would be nice too.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 10:53:00 »
Just wanted to echo that I had a great experience with EliteKeyboards and Brian was more than willing to answer any question I had, even before I placed an order. Once I convince myself to finally give in to the HHKB, I'll be picking it up from EK.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 23:04:40 »
HHKB Pro 2 dropped to 270?
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 10:58:00 »

I didn't see a newsletter for this.  What is the point in signing up for one?
Looks like its just a sale. It got me thinking about dropping the money to pick one up finally though. Someone convince me. I already love 60%. Why this over my pure or a poker?
Having a bad day?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 11:16:56 »

Looks like its just a sale. It got me thinking about dropping the money to pick one up finally though. Someone convince me. I already love 60%. Why this over my pure or a poker?

I would never suggest these, but its because I am a PURE fan/have a mediocre view of topre keys.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 11:28:47 »

I would never suggest these, but its because I am a PURE fan/have a mediocre view of topre keys.
Dont get me wrong, i LOVE my Pure. I also may like an hhkb, just never tried a topre key before.
Having a bad day?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 11:55:23 »
Even though EK is pretty much the only Topre distributor in the US, they'd have my business even if they weren't prompt, informative, and overall a joy to do business with.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 12:35:31 »
+1 for EK. Their leather palm rests are very nice.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 16:51:40 »
I bought a Filco from EK back when they were in stock and the transaction was perfect and fast.

Best of luck to you and EK.

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 18:45:11 »

I put items on sale about week before I send out a newsletter...for less than obvious reasons. The HHKB price drop is due to the big change in JPY/USD exchange rate over the last month; if it stabilizes it's going to mean better prices on everything made in Japan in the coming months.

Offline sordna

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 21:11:05 »
@elitekeyboards
Do you plan to stock the FC660M and when?  Also do you have any say in Leopold's designs? It's a sweet compact keyboard but sorely lacks 2 extra keys (for PgUp and PgDn) especially given it has the empty space in the right hand side. It's a crying shame they didn't add either PgUp/PdDn or Home/End as dedicated keys, even though there is plenty of space to accomodate 2 more keys :-(

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 February 2013, 21:12:50 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 00:14:49 »
@elitekeyboards
Do you plan to stock the FC660M and when?  Also do you have any say in Leopold's designs? It's a sweet compact keyboard but sorely lacks 2 extra keys (for PgUp and PgDn) especially given it has the empty space in the right hand side. It's a crying shame they didn't add either PgUp/PdDn or Home/End as dedicated keys, even though there is plenty of space to accomodate 2 more keys :-(

I haven't seen a hard release date for the 660 yet, but I've made mistakes in the past about choosing to carry certain products, so I'm very careful about new ones these days...Unfortunately I didn't have any input on it. I saw some early ideas from Leopold on this board, but they were quite different. Why they went the way that they did I haven't asked yet, but it looks pretty final, so this is probably what it will be. I do like the LED on Insert, since it really is a lock key, but  I have a feeling the usefulness of the key for Korean typists is much greater than it is for English typists.

I did actually have a bit of input into the design of the FC700, the sharp corners, the Fn, Menu, and Media key functionality, and the arrangement of the Media functions mirroring Apple keyboards. Ironic considering we still don't carry it...

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 18:32:31 »
I'm a loyal EK customer, and so far I've bought 4 very expensive keyboards from you, and lots of other expensive stuff, and I look forward to buying more in the future.

So I am asking as a repeat customer:

1.  Get some FC700R's already!

and

2.  Try to convince Topre to make a replacement set of keycaps in Lavender!

and

3.  Get moar Click Clacks!

Thank you.

LOL, this is probably the kind of post that made EK leave the forum, but oh well.  I want to buy this stuff!
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 20:11:24 »

we're still waiting on red alert... don't hold your breath :P although lavender and green on my hhkb... eva color scheme is garish but i'd still rock it :D
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline jabar

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 20:12:27 »
I think my HHKB would love a set of side-printed lavender arrow keys... but alas still out of stock.

Phantom 7bit

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 21:08:04 »
I wish they sold the yellow keycaps for a replacement on HHKB. I don't like the Real Force one because a few of the keys are not compatible and i want the arrow keys on the side printed so it would still have a the label on top.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 21:17:00 »
I wish they sold the yellow keycaps for a replacement on HHKB. I don't like the Real Force one because a few of the keys are not compatible and i want the arrow keys on the side printed so it would still have a the label on top.
only one key is has a funky profile (plus the LED cut out) but it's really not that bad :) i love my yellow keys.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 01:55:03 »
I'm a loyal EK customer, and so far I've bought 4 very expensive keyboards from you, and lots of other expensive stuff, and I look forward to buying more in the future.

So I am asking as a repeat customer:

1.  Get some FC700R's already!

and

and

3.  Get moar Click Clacks!

Thank you.

LOL, this is probably the kind of post that made EK leave the forum, but oh well.  I want to buy this stuff!

This is a great post:)

Topre only makes what we order, but pretty much any idea we anticipate demand for we have quoted. Lavender caps have been considered in the past and will likely happen sometime soon.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:02:23 »

Topre only makes what we order, but pretty much any idea we anticipate demand for we have quoted. Lavender caps have been considered in the past and will likely happen sometime soon.

Brian - Any way you can speak to Topre and ask if they might consider adding in the short right shift for HHKB's into their sets? My OCD kicks in looking at the non-uniformity of having the wrong profile key there. I am pretty sure I speak for anyone that owns an HHKB :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:04:28 »

Brian - Any way you can speak to Topre and ask if they might consider adding in the short right shift for HHKB's into their sets? My OCD kicks in looking at the non-uniformity of having the wrong profile key there. I am pretty sure I speak for anyone that owns an HHKB :)

This! Or even more HHKB sets in other colours.

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:14:48 »
elite keyboads does not ship to russia.
end of story.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:32:40 »

Officially, HHKB keycaps are PFU products, so I cannot order them directly from Topre, but I believe the profile is the same as the Right Shift on a 108U, so the tooling is not a unique width and we can order it, but I have to assess the demand a bit more as I'm assuming most HHKB users that buy the Topre keysets are buying blank sets due to the legends being different.

For the most part I'm trying to avoid carrying individual Topre keycaps for every keysize at this point, the Topre market just isn't big enough to justify managing stock and ordering for all those different colors and sizes.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:48:11 by elitekeyboards »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:36:19 »

Officially, HHKB keycaps are PFU products, so I cannot order them directly from Topre, but I believe the profile is the same as the Right Shift on a 108U, so the tooling is not unique width and we can order it, but I have to access the demand a bit more as I'm assuming most HHKB users that buy the Topre keysets are buying blank sets due to the legends being different.

For the most part I'm trying to avoid carrying individual Topre keycaps for every keysize at this point, the Topre market just isn't big enough to justify managing stock and ordering for all those different colors and sizes.

I definitely only buy blank sets, but there was never a key cap that fit the short right shift properly for my HHKB in those sets (bought on EK). But it would be extremely awesome if Topre managed to throw in an extra lettered or blank short right shift into their sets. I can't begin to imagine if that is an easy thing or not, but would be a nice to have :)

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 02:47:08 »
elite keyboads does not ship to russia.
end of story.

I'd love to ship to Russia, but every time we've tried there has been red tape and unknown surprises. There are incomprehensible Russian regulations on maximum declared value of a package. Strangely, the maximum value of a package that a private citizen can import varies over the country, and even different parts of one city it seems. It's confounding.

I'm happy to support Russians who want to change their gov't to be more open to international trade in any way I can, but something tells me mechanical keyboards are not where I should start.

Offline iri

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 04:51:17 »
There are incomprehensible Russian regulations on maximum declared value of a package. Strangely, the maximum value of a package that a private citizen can import varies over the country, and even different parts of one city it seems.
i don't know where you got this.

it's 10000 euros for airplane passengers, 1500 euros for car / railroad / sea passengers, and 1000 euros / month for parcels sent to private persons. all these regulations are federal. i've never had bad experience with russian customs besides that they're slowpokes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline LifeIsGooD2

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 15:09:42 »
Bought a realforce 87u this morning form EK with 2 day shipping

any idea when it should ship out ?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 16:51:40 »

Officially, HHKB keycaps are PFU products, so I cannot order them directly from Topre, but I believe the profile is the same as the Right Shift on a 108U, so the tooling is not a unique width and we can order it, but I have to assess the demand a bit more as I'm assuming most HHKB users that buy the Topre keysets are buying blank sets due to the legends being different.

count me in for blank sets with the extra shift, or having that shift available in current colors. i'm planning on buying another set soon and i'd love to have a matching shift key for my hhkb :)

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 17:01:02 »
I wish they had a complete replacement set for the HHKB in red and yellow with lettering.

Offline dante

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 20:13:10 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 16:49:20 by dante »