Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622984 times)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1250 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 18:41:26 »
I'm in the market for a new mouse, and by reading through this thread, I think the Zowie EC1 just moved to the top of my list.  I was also considering the newly released Logitech g502, and the older Zowie FK.  I too like the simplicity of the Zowie mice and a lot of the reviews i've gone through really give it high praise for its all around performance. 
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1251 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 20:06:16 »
Just ordered a ZOWIE EC1 eVo CL.  :D

This will look so good with BoW imsto dyesubs with red cyrillic sublegends omg...
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 April 2014, 20:35:45 by Rewind »

Offline cannonking

« Reply #1252 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 21:32:12 »
I like mine light. I even took out the little cap for where you put the weights in :)

Ditto. It's a really nice shape without its weights and even better without the weight cartridge. Putting weights on it just makes it feel wrong.

My mouse3 isn't stiff at all, but otherwise I'm right there with you on the G9x. The shape is unique and perfect for my hybrid grip/hand size, so it was very hard to find a satisfying replacement.

Finally discovered the Zowie EC2 evo CL and I'm in love. Perfect grip, buttons, wheel, sensor, and just enough heft. My aim instantly improved moving from the G9x; no awkward adjustment period at all.

I do miss side scroll and free-scroll a bit, macros were a nice option, and on the fly DPI adjustment was convenient, but eh...no biggie. The virtues of the EC2 are the stuff that truly matter.

Sorry guys, I know you love your mice, but if you're using it for FPS gaming, Zowie is king.

The reason the middle button is stiff is because Logitech engineers were too stupid when designing it and decided to use this switch as the middle button (number 5):

Show Image

Needless to say, that thing is stiff, unresponsive and the worst of all, is that I can't replace that for a proper/better switch... :(

Believe me, I didn't wanted to sell it, and I was even using the horizontal scroll buttons as replacement for the middle button, but in the end, it still annoyed the hell out of me.
Damn, I've been using a G9X for 4 years and I really wish there was some way to make middle click softer.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1253 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 00:02:52 »

Show Image

This will look so good with BoW imsto dyesubs with red cyrillic sublegends omg...

So much this.

Offline mauri

« Reply #1254 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 13:23:47 »
I'm in the market for a new mouse, and by reading through this thread, I think the Zowie EC1 just moved to the top of my list.  I was also considering the newly released Logitech g502, and the older Zowie FK.  I too like the simplicity of the Zowie mice and a lot of the reviews i've gone through really give it high praise for its all around performance.

Ec1 or 2 is a safe bet. Spartan in design. Precise in hardware and no software needed. Can easily change dpi or polling rate.

Most progamers (fps) swear by them, if you care for that kind of thing.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 09:29:55 »
My mouse history:

Intellimouse 3 (MULTIPLE; 5+) > Logitech G500 > Logitech G510 > Logitech G518 (current)

Very interested in trying the Deathadder after seeing so much talk about it on here, but I've never really been a fan of Razer products for some reason. They seem very gimmicky. 
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #1256 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:04:28 »
you should check out the Zowie EC1 eVo then! it's like a better Deathadder that isn't gimmicky at all. :)

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1257 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 13:03:27 »
you should check out the Zowie EC1 eVo then! it's like a better Deathadder that isn't gimmicky at all. :)

Thanks for the tip!

Now investigating!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 13:36:02 »
I would assume the only difference between the EC1 and EC2 is size?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1259 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 13:49:52 »
My mouse history:

Intellimouse 3 (MULTIPLE; 5+) > Logitech G500 > Logitech G510 > Logitech G518 (current)

Very interested in trying the Deathadder after seeing so much talk about it on here, but I've never really been a fan of Razer products for some reason. They seem very gimmicky.

Do you know if there is a review here or somewhere else for the Deathadder?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 13:51:00 »
My mouse history:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47675.0

Mini review there.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 18:57:38 »
Been using the Sensei Raw for awhile, but wanted a bigger mouse... Sounds like the ec1 evo is the one for me!
Thanks for all you dudes input.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 12:18:32 »
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Zowie EC1, is the only difference between the EC1 and EC2 the size of the mouse? The EC1 is slightly larger?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 12:58:08 »
So I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Zowie EC1, is the only difference between the EC1 and EC2 the size of the mouse? The EC1 is slightly larger?

Yep, Ec1 = palm grip, Ec2 = claw grip.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 13:02:44 »
My mouse history:

Thank you very much.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47675.0

Mini review there.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 17:39:15 »
I've just plugged in a new Roccat Lua and I'm lovin' it! The shape/size is probably as good as can be, at least for my ambidextrous fingertip grip. Quality seems promising too; it's essentially the same as the savu, just with less rough side grips. I only hope the light can be turned off in software (not packaged for Ubuntu 14.04 yet).

Offline kishagi

• Narcoleptic
« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 22:36:46 »
Currently using Roccat's Kone XTD which is 100% awesome, but my favourite that I have used is the CM Storm Xornet. Imo, it was pretty much perfect. Cooler Master could easily make a better version of the Xornet and Spawn today, abeit with a noticibly higher price tag.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 22:42:15 »
Currently using Roccat's Kone XTD which is 100% awesome, but my favourite that I have used is the CM Storm Xornet. Imo, it was pretty much perfect. Cooler Master could easily make a better version of the Xornet and Spawn today, abeit with a noticibly higher price tag.

As far as I know, the CM Storm Spawn v2 is just around the corner with an AVAGO 3310 sensor and some enhancements on the aesthetics ;)

Should be out by June/July.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 April 2014, 22:44:15 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline mauri

« Reply #1268 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 09:58:46 »

Yep, Ec1 = palm grip, Ec2 = claw grip.

Hardly, ec1= big hand, ec2 = small hand. For a big hand ec2 might be claw grip but it doesn't make the mouse "claw grip", I mean that just doesn't make any sense it's the same and exact mouse but smaller, how does it transform into something else?
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1269 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 02:07:48 »
I really do like my sensi raw, having a mouse that's really well sized and just sits in my hand is really nice. I'm not sure if I prefer over the G5... But as Logitech made it really ****ing hard to buy them new (the proper old one) I say.. **** them and there hiddious new mice

Offline wthefourth

« Reply #1270 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 22:32:53 »
Anyone with a Corsair M65 have issues with it registering movement when you're not at your computer? I've gotten into a habit of turning my mouse upside down when I go to sleep, because, otherwise, it occasionally wakes up my computer and immediately brightens my room.

Offline cannonking

« Reply #1271 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:05:21 »
Anyone with a Corsair M65 have issues with it registering movement when you're not at your computer? I've gotten into a habit of turning my mouse upside down when I go to sleep, because, otherwise, it occasionally wakes up my computer and immediately brightens my room.
Not really addressing your issue, but you should try to exchange it for an M45, it has a much better sensor and I believe it weighs less too.

Offline wthefourth

« Reply #1272 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 00:30:23 »
Not really addressing your issue, but you should try to exchange it for an M45, it has a much better sensor and I believe it weighs less too.
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I love the way the M65 feels in my hand, but the waking issue infuriates me to no end. I have several monitors and they're a few feet from my bed, so when they turn on, I wake up.  :mad:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:45:40 »
G400s by far. Also have the Apple Magic Mouse with a 'magic' lack of ergonomics IMHo. I want a mouse that fills my hand, like the G400s.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #1274 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 17:31:56 »

Show Image

So much this.
Yolo
More

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #1275 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 23:20:00 »
that is soooooo nice. a bit jealous!

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 04:53:34 »
wow, that combo :h

good on you (bastard)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1277 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 06:20:52 »
Razer DA Black <3 .... My love :3

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 06:24:11 »
my razer lachesis just randomly stops working in the middle of gaming sometimes...apparently this is an issue with the software but it's sooo annoying. Anyone know a good, consistent mouse with the shape of a Lachesis and without ****ty required software?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1279 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 06:43:28 »
my razer lachesis just randomly stops working in the middle of gaming sometimes...apparently this is an issue with the software but it's sooo annoying. Anyone know a good, consistent mouse with the shape of a Lachesis and without ****ty required software?

Yeah, I had that issue with my Lachesis as well. I think what I ended up doing was just not running the software as the Lachesis Refresh has onboard memory for at least one profile. Not sure how it works for the old version.

The problem with replacing it is that it has a very unique shape, I can't really think of a mouse that is a straight up alternative. Maybe the TT Level10M, but then you'll be dealing with even worse software and not very good side buttons.

So if you like the shape of your Lachesis I think the best alternative is to just not run the software for it.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #1280 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 13:08:45 »

Yeah, I had that issue with my Lachesis as well. I think what I ended up doing was just not running the software as the Lachesis Refresh has onboard memory for at least one profile. Not sure how it works for the old version.

The problem with replacing it is that it has a very unique shape, I can't really think of a mouse that is a straight up alternative. Maybe the TT Level10M, but then you'll be dealing with even worse software and not very good side buttons.

So if you like the shape of your Lachesis I think the best alternative is to just not run the software for it.

ohhhh, thanks! I was under the impression that you NEED the software for the mouse to even function. do you just disable it in the startup menu?

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1281 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 13:21:43 »
do you just disable it in the startup menu?

first i'd check if there's an option in the settings of the software. if not, then i'd check the startup menu. i presume that the software has the option in the settings, but sometimes you need to go as far as to dive into your registry editor or 'service editor', to stop stuff from booting.

after disabling the startup of the software, i'd reboot once and then check in Task Manager whether the software is actually, entirely disabled.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1282 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 13:42:04 »

ohhhh, thanks! I was under the impression that you NEED the software for the mouse to even function. do you just disable it in the startup menu?

Dunno what OS you're using, this works differently in win8, but in win7 I just hit winkey+r, type 'msconfig' and disable the lachesis software under the 'startup' tab. If you have CCleaner installed then you can do it through that instead if that's easier.
From what I remember you can just do this in Task Manager in win8.

I don't think the Lachesis software is in the start menu startup folder, but if the above doesn't work then double checking that couldn't hurt.

Or, you could just uninstall the software, unless you know you'll want to occasionally remap keys and whatnot.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #1283 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 12:43:05 »
The logitech g9x is really what i stick with. After switching between a lot of razer mice and also trying steelseries kinzu v2, i felt like i have to try logitech, since many professional gamers use them and since the costumer feedback is good. I fell in love with it and i feel sorry for not buying more so i can have them at home if/when the one that i'm using now breaks or stops working properly. Sigh~
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline wetto

« Reply #1284 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 06:59:46 »
The logitech g9x is really what i stick with. After switching between a lot of razer mice and also trying steelseries kinzu v2, i felt like i have to try logitech, since many professional gamers use them and since the costumer feedback is good. I fell in love with it and i feel sorry for not buying more so i can have them at home if/when the one that i'm using now breaks or stops working properly. Sigh~

I really wish Logitech would release it again with proper internals (no Logitech scroll BS, that thing is the reason for many of this mouse's problems), TTC switches on the middle and side buttons and AVAGO 3090, 3095 or 3310 sensor.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1285 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:57:29 »
I really wish Logitech would release it again with proper internals (no Logitech scroll BS, that thing is the reason for many of this mouse's problems), TTC switches on the middle and side buttons and AVAGO 3090, 3095 or 3310 sensor.

It would of been appropriate for them to listen to their conservative accountants when it came to re-introducing past mice that had been popular amongst the gaming fraternity, that way it would of been cheaper to simply update the internals only.

BUT no, someone in the so-called 'design' department wanted to introduce something new ' the G502' and we are now here at this point.  Maybe down the line they may re-introduce the G9x under another name but for now it looks like it will be ignored.

But like a true idiot fan-boy I went and spent money on a brand new G502 and am liking it more and more.  Don't judge me too harshly here........

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #1286 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:27:57 »
The sensor on the g502 is supposed to be really good though.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1287 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 10:42:50 »

Apparently the rest of the mouse is shoddy as hell though.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #1288 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 10:46:52 »

Do explain :P
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline SL89

« Reply #1289 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:06:01 »
Logitech M570 Trackball for work, battery lasts forever and its comfortable to use all day as opposed to the other style trackball.

Logitech Wireless Touchpad (not the T650) removable batteries last forever and i wont have to replace it as i would the T650 which has an intergral battery.

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #1290 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:51:18 »

All those sharp edges. You gonna cut yourself.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1291 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 12:32:08 »

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1292 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 15:55:52 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56956.msg1311963#msg1311963 for one

I'm not really big into Logitech any more (haven't been since before the release of the G700), but the only real issues I can see from that post is that it's got some problems with the skates and it's quite heavy (which can be subjective, but that is quite heavy, lol); every other negative seems to be pretty subjective (though I can't personally comment about it's build quality, I agree Logitech's build quality has not been what it was), even down to the mousewheel which has been hit or miss with individuals. The right mouse button issue seems to arise for some, but not others which leads me to believe it may be a manufacturing/QC issue.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1293 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 16:32:34 »
Well for the moment, Zowie EC1 eVo. We will see if I like it the same in a month but right now I love it!  :thumb: PS the scroll wheel is purple, omg perfect!

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1294 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 16:37:29 »
PS the scroll wheel is purple, omg perfect!

The scroll wheel color denotes the CPI setting of the sensor.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 16:38:25 »
PS the scroll wheel is purple, omg perfect!

The scroll wheel color denotes the CPI setting of the sensor.

Yeah it worked out perfect because I like the medium setting and it happened to be the purple which I like more then red and blue. Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline wetto

« Reply #1296 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:44:02 »

It would of been appropriate for them to listen to their conservative accountants when it came to re-introducing past mice that had been popular amongst the gaming fraternity, that way it would of been cheaper to simply update the internals only.

BUT no, someone in the so-called 'design' department wanted to introduce something new ' the G502' and we are now here at this point.  Maybe down the line they may re-introduce the G9x under another name but for now it looks like it will be ignored.

But like a true idiot fan-boy I went and spent money on a brand new G502 and am liking it more and more.  Don't judge me too harshly here........

At least it seems that they've finally stopped using low quality SMD switches on those smaller buttons at the left of the left mouse button and replaced those instead for standard OMRON switches (which is like, 800x better).

No more extremely stiff and unresponsive buttons like the ones on Logitech G500/G500S/G700/G700S! Kudos for that!
My collection:
More

Offline suby4me

« Reply #1297 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 11:24:26 »
i'm currently using a thermaltake level 10 esports mouse. it's okay, i can grip it pretty well. the software isn't the best (ugly and takes eternity to load) but does what it does. I was using a g700s prior, but that mouse really would make me want to toss it against the wall. software half the time would not detect my mouse so my preferences wouldn't load. i switched to onboard memory, but half the time it would loose all the profiles. battery did not last the supposed day or so. Maybe i just got a dud, who knows. however, it liked the grip and the layout of the buttons wasn't too bad. if it didn't have all those issues, i'd prob be still using it.
the rat mmo7 was okay, but for some odd reason it would kill my wrist.
the razer naga i got a long time ago was pretty nice. forgot why i put it on the shelf. might have been due to that shift to cloud based mouse software.
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1298 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 11:42:58 »
Anyone have the Func MS-3? I'm pretty curious about that one.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1299 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 12:17:50 »
Anyone have the Func MS-3? I'm pretty curious about that one.

I think vun or someone got it from Massdrop, see his write-up.