Author Topic: New Keyboard Project  (Read 1076 times)

Offline HalfCent

New Keyboard Project
« on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:07:22 »
I've had a Das pro with blues for a little over a year now, and I like it, but I think it's time to branch out. I currently work remotely, so the noise isn't a problem, but in a couple weeks I'm gonna have to be in-office for a few months and don't think that the nice clickety clack will be appreciated. In light of that, I want to get a new keyboard.
Things I want in my keyboard:
TKL
minimal casing
clears ( I think, these are supposed to be as close as you can get to quiet blues, right? )
programmable controller
detachable USB
front legends if possible
The CODE keyboard with clears seemed almost exactly what I wanted, but it's sold out everywhere. I haven't really been able to find any other clear keyboards, so my plan was to swap the switches on a donor board and replace the controller.I see the Quickfire Stealth on massdrop right now, and was wondering if it would be a good donor keyboard? The plan was to also replace the controller with a teensy.Does anyone know if the matrix is easily accessible and if removing the existing switches would be hard? Is there another obvious solution I'm missing? Thanks in advance!