Author Topic: EU recipients for non-courier (ex. not UPS) agencies beware!  (Read 6501 times)

Offline rogue

Hi,

I posted on the "it's in the mail" forum earlier. I ordered a Filco Majestouch 2 from KeyCo and it was shipped the 21st through Royal Mail to Spain. By the 23th the package was supposedly (per RM's claims) dispatched to Barajas Airport, the distribution hub for Spain. It is handled by the national post office here. Today, the tracking number still doesn't exist to any effects for the post office here. After fruitless talks with post office personnel, I'm under the impression it might have been stolen or lost (roughly the same meaning), or even left in the container.

I have contacted Bruce again this morning, hoping they escalate the complaint, since I'm 100% powerless as to how the post office here handles it, it's still Royal Mail's problem as far as they are concerned since they effectively "never received the package". Meanwhile, no keyboard and ~180 EUR out of my pocket into thin air.

I sincerely hope this is resolved ASAP... My suggestion for everybody is to use courier agencies for delivery no matter what. I will be updating this post with news, since KeyCo is an complex situation whenever a problem like this happens. I could be as well conning them into sending me a free extra keyboard, but unfortunately, I'm not.

Offline Djuzuh

EU recipients for non-courier (ex. not UPS) agencies beware!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 08:56:25 »
It's not only EU recipients, it's almost any international postage.

Offline rogue

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 09:04:08 »
That's nonsense, USPS for instance has a long track of being reliable. The controls they have over their employees are tight enough to avoid this from happening.
Unless you send a wad of cash stuck on a postcard with duct tape. The EU isn't Congo, either.

I've been receiving and sending packages internationally long enough to know it is not necessary to pay premium for shipping when you aren't sending to any problematic hot spots.

Offline rogue

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 09:14:07 »
While higher post count will inevitably bring the thread to the top of the list, please do not hijack this for humor. Do that elsewhere.

Offline rogue

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 09:20:38 »
Lord, you really have to be joking this time, haha. If you send me your address over PM I'll buy you a world map, Italy and Spain are, hm, geographically displaced from one another. :P

Offline rogue

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 09:28:55 »
Quote from: ripster;601857
If you don't want comments simply close the thread,  It's under Thread Tools.

I want constructive and well informed comments. Confusing Spain with Italy, and especially if you are hinting that I might be conning KeyGo into sending me free loot (unless you meant that the post office here might be as full of crooks as its Italian counterpart, in that case I would agree with you, the administrative clerks are good people normally, save many lazy jackasses, but the delivery people in the airport hubs are usually not the savviest honest-est crowd), is not welcome. Simple as that.

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 09:36:29 »
rogue:

Geekhack rule #1: If you don't want to deal with ripster, ignore him. Because He for sure won't ignore you, and it will only become worse if you continue talking with him. Or, if he went too far, report him, so he can ***** at the mods again. It probably makes him feel significant.

ripster:

<3

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 May 2012, 10:31:30 »
Hi Guys
Let's not make a country specific issue out of this.
It is true to say that, in my experience, any time there is not an end to end service things go wrong in a bigger way when they go wrong, and probably go wrong more often.
We have seen this in nearly all the areas we use Royal Mail and it is only that there is a significant saving to our customers that we continue with it.
Saying that, most deliveries are made with no trouble.
This parcel en route to Rogue is an example of the most annoying kind as we currently have UK Royal Mail saying 'we gave it to them' and Spanish Mail saying 'we never got it'.
Royal Mail will accept it as lost once 7 days (I think) have passed, so on Wednesday we will be able to send another or refund money but as Rogue says - until then it is best to sit tight as the law of the sod dictates that if we send another tonight, the original will get delivered tomorrow, then we have to chase another one.
Rogue, I really am sorry for your inconvenience but we will need to sit tight a couple of days but we will stand by you and ensure you get your keyboard or your money back. I can only thank you for being patient.
Everybody else... Play Nice !!!

Offline rogue

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 13:40:57 »
Finally things worked out, keyboard arrived intact, and Bruce was most helpful getting this sorted out. They never, ever, acknowledged reception of the package. This morning they came over after I had filed a complaint with the post office and consumer protection department.

So, definitely buying again from KeyCo. But I will be paying extra for UPS delivery, even if they are the most greedy over-priced courier in existence.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 13:59:49 »
That's great to hear. Thanks Rogue, enjoy the keyboard!

Offline zappb

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 May 2012, 15:25:38 »
Bruce, beautifully handeled

Offline piran

EU recipients for non-courier Parcels
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 09:24:26 »
I wonder if Bruce can help? My parcel via Royal Mail/Barajas Airport Spain, had an attempted delivery this morning (15th. Jan '13). They say if the next attempt fails it goes back to UK. Trouble is it is almost impossible to find our house. Tracking number is LQ326576310GB, but I cannot locate anyone in Spain to talk to! Any ideas anyone? Will the Correos be used? If not who will be used for delivery? I even had our telephone number printed on address label but no call.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: EU recipients for non-courier (ex. not UPS) agencies beware!
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 09:30:22 »
I highly recommend starting a new thread rather than bumping an ancient one.  I also would recommend contacting the KeyCo directly.

Unit 8 Canal Ironworks, Hope Mills
London Road, Brimscombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 2SH
0845 205 5555
keyboardco.com‎
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Se7en

Re: EU recipients for non-courier (ex. not UPS) agencies beware!
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 11:36:28 »
Last post by Bruce was November 19, so using some other means to contact the keyboard company seems appropriate since you are in a hurry.