Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 20940 times)

Offline kidchunks

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 26 April 2012, 22:48:04 »
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/digital-edition-sold-out/ :twitch:

Good luck to those who still haven't bought. I heard game stop still has copies available and I believe they come with the beta access.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline Bilbin

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:21:32 »
Sea of Sorrows server in 4 hours and 39 minutes! :D Human Elementalist!
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 09:37:49 »
How did you choose your server already?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 13:40:32 »
20 minutes to go :)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 13:43:30 »
Sea of Sorrows here I come!

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 22:36:31 »
Im in Sea of Sorrows as well. They are owning in WvW lol

Offline fstop

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:16:02 »
How are you guys liking it so far? I heard there were so many people on in the beginning that you couldn't do much...
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:55:41 »
Its pretty freaking awesome.  Dodge system makes the game a lot more interactive.  Once you passed the first hour of the game, lag isn't really an issue.  Pvp is really really fun.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 13:03:39 »
I've only been doing PvP lol
I love Elzy

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 13:18:17 »
Got to level 18 :)  Hoping to get to 20 before the deadline tonight.

Does anyone know if they will be carrying characters over?  Or saving anything out of beta?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 14:45:38 »
Aren't carrying characters over is what I understand.

And only thing you'll get bonus on launch is that 1 day head start, I believe.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 15:33:33 »
Ah that's lame.  Well I bought the special edition, so I get to play 3 days in advance...I think?

Anyway, here's my take on the game.  First and foremost, I'll start off with my experience as an MMORPG player.  I started played Final Fantasy XI for roughly 8 years, took a long break from MMOs but was considering coming back for a bunch of games (i.e. Aion, Rift, Star Wars, Tera, Warhammer, WoW, and etc.) but nothing sounded as exhilarating as GW2 did.  Closest I got was Rift for a few months.  So with that being said, my perspective on MMO's isn't very versatile but I think I can speak well on it.

So what did I think of the game?  Well, I think the game is fantastic and somewhat technologically advanced in comparison.  First of all, the world is masterfully created.  Just from what I saw in the beta, there were at least 5-6 VERY LARGE towns.  Transition towns, starter towns, high level towns, you name it, they existed and were fully available for exploration IN THE BETA.  Betas also usually have some negative connotations attached to it such as (but definitely not limited to):  lag, lag, lag, lag, server disruptions in connectivity, quest/NPC errors, and the list goes on.  But what I'll say about this beta is that, I really didn't experience anything that inconvenienced me to a point where I cared.  Usually, I'm very nit picky about this.  There was only a period of a few hours when the game was down, probably due to server overload.

The second thing I'd like to point out is the flexibility they have in server management.  They use an 'overflow' system that allows users to play on a temporary server during high traffic moments, and all events that take place on the temporary server carry over once it's ready.  Considering this is going to be a big game, it's a relief to know that when it goes live, we don't have lines to worry about.  But I think the biggest thing that I was happy about was the WvWvW PvP.  This is taking server flexibility to the next level, accommodating up to 2000 players in a full out battle.  There's also other little things I like, quick server transfers for characters and cross server guild, party and friend chat.  Makes e-hanging out a lot easier.

Finally, the game play.  I won't lie, my favorite person to play video games with is Mary Jane.  She and I, we go way back, so it's only natural that she assist me.  The interactive nature of this game is what truly makes it more amazing.  As an avid player of action based games, dodging is the essence of it all.  In a lot of the RPG's I've played, when you spin around a mob the only way they miss is if you are truely out of range or you evaded an attack with your evasive stats.  In this game, anyone can evade an attack using dodge and true kiting methods.  If the effect or projectile or weapon doesn't physically touch you in the game, then you've successfully dodged it.  This means, it actually involves some skills instead of just standing there hoping the mob misses because your evasion stat is so high.

So that's my take on it for now.  There's a lot of stuff I want to talk about, but I can't collectively gather 3 days of intense gaming, especially when Mary's around me, always nagging me and **** =)

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 22:02:16 »
I really do think I played some FFXI with you during the brief time I played. I went by Enyu in those days though.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 18:01:47 »
With a beta that fun, I'm ready to for a GW2 keycaps set lol
I love Elzy

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 19:29:13 »
GW2 beta was short and sweet for me, I was very busy with work so I only got to make a warrior to 13 and an engineer to 5. I got to explore some areas and wish I could have got more PvP time. Dynamic event questing is much cooler than other MMO quest style (like picking up 5 different quests for one area then running around looking for seashells or killing animals for quest items).

I've played many MMO's: DAoc, WoW, Warhammer Online, Ultima, Age of Conan, APB, Rift, Aion, CoH, Star Wars - ToR + Galaxies, since 1998 and most MMO style games only last about two months on average in my opinion (besides WoW). I think that GW2 has the staying power in classes and races, as well as keeping you interested whether you PvP or PvE. It was a very fluid beta in all matters of game-play. I've seen MMO releases that lagged and had TONS of issues, while the few issues did arise, ArenaNet had them fixed ASAP. So in short, I am overwhelmingly excited for GW2 to be released, and mix in a little Diablo 3\League of Legends for flavor :)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 19:32:09 »
It's funny... I very much enjoyed the MMOs I did play until PvP became the in thing... can't stand it, so haven't gone near anything that has it as a major feature.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 20:42:45 »
Quote from: alaricljs;587685
It's funny... I very much enjoyed the MMOs I did play until PvP became the in thing... can't stand it, so haven't gone near anything that has it as a major feature.

The pve was what I.mostly played.  The world is enormous and pretty really fun...I think this game still favors pve

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 01 May 2012, 21:02:04 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;587736
The pve was what I.mostly played.  The world is enormous and pretty really fun...I think this game still favors pve

Not trying to put him off here or anything. The PvE is heavily focused on, with the personal story and what not. They spent a really good amount of time and did great work on the PvE. However they have noted that they're trying to bring it into eSports. In the end, as a PvPer I'd definitely recommend the game if you're only looking for PvE content. PvP is completely avoidable and they're not solely focused on it.
I love Elzy

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 08:39:56 »
The beauty of the first GW was the solo content and henchman/heroes so you could pve all you wanted and it didn't require waiting on 40 "friends" to do harder content (ie WoW). This was probably it's largest draw other than no monthly fees.

GW2 promised to bring that same appeal but also give the option of more PvP in an ever-changing open world.

I wouldn't be concerned at all about lack of PvE content.

EDIT: Oh... and great mini-review DanGWanG. And your Mary Jane henchman sounds hot.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline kaen

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 09:06:03 »
played it, enjoyed it.

Offline onesie

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 09:15:15 »
Thought it was pretty awesome minus a few little hiccups which im sure theyll iron out by the time the actual release it out.
Ducky 1087-brown/blue mix, Cherry Clears, mx11800 with ergo clears

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 02 May 2012, 16:03:53 »
Quote from: onesie;588076
Thought it was pretty awesome minus a few little hiccups which im sure theyll iron out by the time the actual release it out.

Of course, it's a beta. There's no way they could have prepared the servers for the amount of people playing. It'll only get better and better.
I love Elzy

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 15:00:18 »
Anyone know when the next beta is?

Offline fstop

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 16:18:40 »
Thanks for the impressions, for those of you that played the beta. I'm excited for it, but a part of me doesn't want it to come out too soon. I won't have time to enjoy D3 if I know GW2 is right around the corner. And I seriously won't have time for both!

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 17:09:18 »
Quote from: fstop;589367
Thanks for the impressions, for those of you that played the beta. I'm excited for it, but a part of me doesn't want it to come out too soon. I won't have time to enjoy D3 if I know GW2 is right around the corner. And I seriously won't have time for both!

It's a serious dilemma for all of my friends.  We're split pretty evenly on GW2 and D3.  We all plan to play D3 until GW2 comes, but some people might not make the switch to GW2 and then my band breaks up =/

Offline fstop

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 17:29:33 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;589408
It's a serious dilemma for all of my friends.  We're split pretty evenly on GW2 and D3.  We all plan to play D3 until GW2 comes, but some people might not make the switch to GW2 and then my band breaks up =/

Yeah, my plan is to get D3 and play it until GW2 comes out. I'm not convinced that I will be into D3 as much as I was D2 - gaming has evolved so much since the last game and I feel like they didn't make enough changes to add replay value. MF'ing will still be addicting as hell, and I'm sure that PvP will be entertaining as well, but running dungeons over and over again doesn't have the same appeal with the new character building system. Plus, I had hoped for raid-style content. I know the Diablo franchise was never meant to emulate an MMO but how awesome would it be to see 25 man dungeons? I always thought D3 would include this, but instead they went backwards with limiting games to 4 players only...

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 17:43:01 »
I'm skipping D3 for now. I'll get my multiplayer dungeon-crawling out of Torchlight II for $20.

I'm down to split my time in GW2 and play half with my crew and half with GHers if we can get a group going.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 19:37:01 »
Quote from: fstop;589418
Yeah, my plan is to get D3 and play it until GW2 comes out. I'm not convinced that I will be into D3 as much as I was D2 - gaming has evolved so much since the last game and I feel like they didn't make enough changes to add replay value. MF'ing will still be addicting as hell, and I'm sure that PvP will be entertaining as well, but running dungeons over and over again doesn't have the same appeal with the new character building system. Plus, I had hoped for raid-style content. I know the Diablo franchise was never meant to emulate an MMO but how awesome would it be to see 25 man dungeons? I always thought D3 would include this, but instead they went backwards with limiting games to 4 players only...

This is what I thought it would be like for starcraft 2.  But it wasn't what I thought.  Sc2 is incredibly fun still

Offline onesie

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 03 May 2012, 21:11:49 »
i was split between d3 and gw2 as well but after all the things ive heard/seen about d3 like cash shop etc i think ill stick with gw2.
Ducky 1087-brown/blue mix, Cherry Clears, mx11800 with ergo clears

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 07:41:51 »
HEY GUYS! still psyched for Guild Wars 2 Beta this Monday!? :rofl:

"Stress Test on Monday May 14th to test some changes we’ve implemented. This 7-hour test event, which runs from 11 AM to 6 PM PDT (-7 GMT) is open to all players who have per-purchased Guild Wars 2. The good news is that we’re not wiping characters for this test; we’re using the same build that we used in the first Beta Weekend Event, so you’ll be able to pick up right where you left off. For more information about the Stress Test, log in to the Beta Forums. Please join us on May 14 if you can."

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrien-on-the-guild-wars-2-beta

Offline type_dancer

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 13 May 2012, 14:51:02 »
We will be playing. Got to level 12 in the weekend beta. Tarnished Coast.
1-20-1993 Model M 51G8572 & Corsair Vengeance K90

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 13 May 2012, 14:57:40 »
I will be on as well!  Got to level 19 (I think...) before the beta last ended =/

Server:  Sea of Sorrows
Character: DanGWanG.2176

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 13 May 2012, 18:22:07 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;591781
I will be on as well!  Got to level 19 (I think...) before the beta last ended =/

Server:  Sea of Sorrows
Character: DanGWanG.2176

Cool, I'll try to add you tomorrow

Offline WhiteRice

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 13 May 2012, 18:27:30 »
My guild will be on Darkhaven :D

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 14 May 2012, 12:50:24 »
T-minus 10 minutes!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 17 May 2012, 16:14:50 »
Although it was a stress test I had a lot of fun doing the WvW jump quest thingy. SPvP was unplayable with the lag so I couldn't get any good practice in.
I love Elzy

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 08 June 2012, 13:41:38 »
Too many games to play all of a sudden.  BETA weekend starts in 19 minutes =)

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 08 June 2012, 13:45:32 »
Up already :)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 08 June 2012, 21:07:45 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;609837
Too many games to play all of a sudden.  BETA weekend starts in 19 minutes =)

Yeah man, I know what you mean. So far I am still playing:

Tera
WoW
D3
ME3
GTA4
etc....

So many games.... so little time =/

Offline qtan5370

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 08 June 2012, 21:50:26 »
Well, I am thinking if I can run it on my laptop.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:30:20 »
Quote from: qtan5370;610092
Well, I am thinking if I can run it on my laptop.

This is my sager laptop that I got this winter:

Processor:  Intel® Core™ i5-2410M, 3MB L3 Cache, 2.3GHz
Memory:  (8GB) 8192MB, PC3-10660/1333MHz DDR3 - 2 SO-DIMM
Graphics Card:  NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5

I run Guild Wars 2 on medium detail setting at 1600x900 resolution -- Beta Weekend 1 in April was a bit choppier in frame-rate. Beta Weekend 2 last weekend had some optimizations from BW1, it was quite a bit smoother in WvWvW fights of 70++ people.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:40:09 »
The optimization was the best part of this Beta Weekend #2.  Everything was so smooth, and interface was a lot better.  I'm really like where GW2 is heading...

Offline Zamorph

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:55:46 »
I want to play this game so bad! Can one still get into the beta?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:59:07 »
I think beta recruitment is now over, but if you join their Facebook group (Guild Wars 2), you can get updates on when they have BETA giveaways.  They also post when their affiliates are having BETA key giveaways.

You may also be able to pre-purchase the game and still be able to receive a BETA key...but that might have been limited.

Offline Zamorph

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:00:59 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;613357
I think beta recruitment is now over, but if you join their Facebook group (Guild Wars 2), you can get updates on when they have BETA giveaways.  They also post when their affiliates are having BETA key giveaways.

You may also be able to pre-purchase the game and still be able to receive a BETA key...but that might have been limited.
To facebook!
Thanks.

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:04:51 »
Quote from: Zamorph;613355

Also keep up to date on http://www.reddit.com/r/guildwars2

As soon as a giveaway for beta keys is around, they are in it within seconds -- :bounce:

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:08:36 »
Quote from: Zamorph;613355

As soon as a giveaway for beta keys are posted, reddit users post it within seconds. Even the guy who plays "Hodor" from Game of Thrones is a huge MMO fanatic and ArenaNet(GW2 Developer) gave him 50 beta keys to hand out on his twitter a week ago :bounce:

Offline Zamorph

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:10:18 »
Quote from: Lukasevic;613365

As soon as a giveaway for beta keys are posted, reddit users post it within seconds. Even the guy who plays "Hodor" from Game of Thrones is a huge MMO fanatic and ArenaNet(GW2 Developer) gave him 50 beta keys to hand out on his twitter a week ago :bounce:

I love game of thrones.  I just finished watching the first two seasons.  Cant wait for the third!!!!
Fav char- Imp!!!

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:22:11 »
Quote from: Zamorph;613367
I love game of thrones.  I just finished watching the first two seasons.  Cant wait for the third!!!!
Fav char- Imp!!!

Haha, nice! The story is truly great, I'm a sucker for Eddard Stark, he reminds me of my father in almost every way.  Another note: I found there are many "fakes" of the Hodor twitter. The actors name:Kristian Nairn - It sounded like he might get some more beta keys because of the last response he got. http://twitter.com/#!/KristianNairn is his official.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 11:28:52 »
I'm still a John Snow fanboy.