Author Topic: Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job?  (Read 72949 times)

Offline dadgh

Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job?
« on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:20:02 »
I recently acquired an internship in the IS field at a large private corporation and am currently using this garbage keyboard:
More

Since I'm just an intern I'm still going through training and not really contributing much so I don't feel like I'm a real part of "the team" yet. Would it be weird for me to bring in my own keyboard? No one in my department has brought in their own keyboard, they're all using the corporate assigned Dell L100. I work full time at this corporation.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:21:00 »
everybody here does

it's weird that you even have special keyboards... don't worry about it.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:21:16 »
Hell no, I brought a Filco MJ2 104 with MX blues and a valentine's set to work. Next week, my friend brought in his BlackWidow. I'm a full time engineer at a major coporation.

Offline cpf

Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:21:48 »
I just started a new job. I brought my keyboard on the second day - along with my trackball, regular mouse, and external monitor. Nobody cared.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:22:27 »
I bring my boards in all the time ^^
I love Elzy

Offline T0ken

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:24:30 »
As long as noise isn't an issue then its fine. If anyone asks, you can claim its for health reasons, cheap keyboards literally kill me, do you want me to die!  :p

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:29:09 »
I do and find that its a great topic of discussion and gets a lot of looks over my way (whether they think I'm a bit cooked in the head or are interested...I'll leave that up to them)

I have my Pure with CCnG and Black 87U with Pink/stock Black caps.

Offline dadgh

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:34:26 »
As long as noise isn't an issue then its fine. If anyone asks, you can claim its for health reasons, cheap keyboards literally kill me, do you want me to die!  :p

I know that feeling...

I've got o-rings on my keyboard and it's linear Reds, so not very loud. I might want to put some pads on though before bringing it in, I'm surrounded by cubicles.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:35:41 »
It sometimes gets some comments when you do it but overall it is worth it. I have heard of places that will not let you in my industry but it is rarely enforced .

Even now that i work 80% from home, when i travel to offices I've brought a keyboard with me in my laptop bag. My Freestyle, HHKB, RACE, Poker, and now my ergodox. In the offices set up the keyboard next to my laptop with a trackball. I get a few comments from people and then enjoy the goodness of my own keyboard for the week or so i'm there :)

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:43:11 »
This thread is interesting, since I'm starting a placement year in a couple of months, and obviously would want to take a keyboard, not sure what one yet though...
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:45:08 »
Idk about you dadgh but my workplace is HELLA noisy. And I share a cube. I type on MX Blues and no one says anything. Between the air conditioning, the endless phone calls, everyone talking, the printers, and everyone else mashing their rubber domes, no one notices my board.

They just said something when I had a pink keyboard lol :P

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:45:38 »
Oo, I like this thread too :P Do any of you have security issues? Like does everyone feel safe leaving their precious's at work???

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:49:10 »
Its about productivity and efficiency.
No one would question increases in work efficiency...
As mentionned above, rarely prohibited.
It makes more sense to GH users than any group of people to have your own board, should you work in an office environment.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:50:04 »
Yes, it's weird, but nobody cares. I could't stress this more: don't get into the details of the switches, actuation, feel of clickyness and so no...big no. That's the weird thing and what got me the worst looks, unless your coworkers are engineers.
It's not something easy to transmit unless you show them the keyboard, then they easily understand what you're talking about, but nobody gets the time for that.
The thing that make people stressed is the clackity clack noise of the models m for instance, but some cherry mx brown or blue isn't that loud.
Tell us what happened after you do it.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:52:02 »
Oo, I like this thread too :P Do any of you have security issues? Like does everyone feel safe leaving their precious's at work???

I leave my Filco w/ Klaxons at work. But I always cover it haha.

Yes, it's weird, but nobody cares. I could't stress this more: don't get into the details of the switches, actuation, feel of clickyness and so no...big no. That's the weird thing and what got me the worst looks, unless your coworkers are engineers.
It's not something easy to transmit unless you show them the keyboard, then they easily understand what you're talking about, but nobody gets the time for that.
The thing that make people stressed is the clackity clack noise of the models m for instance, but some cherry mx brown or blue isn't that loud.
Tell us what happened after you do it.

My co workers are engineers. They think I'm the weirdest person alive lol

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:53:47 »
I leave my Filco w/ Klaxons at work. But I always cover it haha.

I'ma find out where you work and steal yo ish :))

Offline thirdkind

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:55:16 »
I have a Filco Linear R tenkeyless and HHKB Type-S at work, and I'm about to add a KBT Pure Pro from the recent Massdrop powerbuy. I try to mirror my home setup; it's getting a bit expensive ;)

I always bring my own keyboards. I wouldn't hesitate to bring your own board if you think it's going to increase your productivity. It might even make for an interesting icebreaker. I get a lot of comments and questions about my blank keycaps whenever I start a new job, which usually leads to an interesting discussion about Dvorak vs QWERTY (I use Dvorak). Using an alternate keyboard layout establishes a lot of nerd cred right out of the gate.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:56:24 »
When I brought my keyboard to work and switched a few caps, people asked me if I was playing with legos....

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 19:56:51 »
I have a Filco Linear R tenkeyless and HHKB Type-S at work, and I'm about to add a KBT Pure Pro from the recent Massdrop powerbuy. I try to mirror my home setup; it's getting a bit expensive ;)

I always bring my own keyboards. I wouldn't hesitate to bring your own board if you think it's going to increase your productivity. It might even make for an interesting icebreaker. I get a lot of comments and questions about my blank keycaps whenever I start a new job, which usually leads to an interesting discussion about Dvorak vs QWERTY (I use Dvorak). Using an alternate keyboard layout establishes a lot of nerd cred right out of the gate.

Lol! A conversation about Dvorak vs QWERTY :P Pretty hardcore. I'm assuming the majority of the people posting in here work in the computer field. Also, I'ma find out where you work too and have myself some early b'day presents :P

When I brought my keyboard to work and switched a few caps, people asked me if I was playing with legos....

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline dadgh

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:00:14 »

Security issues like "getting my stuff stolen": No - I have no issues with that

Security issues like "I'm locked out of all internet access except for our database servers": Yes - Their IPSec is pretty extreme for interns so I'm not sure if HR will even let me bring in my own gear and I don't want to ruin a good thing by doing something that's unconventional (when compared to the current standard).

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:01:37 »
I bring my own keyboard to work.  I leave the vintage, rare, and flamboyant keyboards at home, though.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:02:12 »
As long as the added noise from mechanical switches does not bother anyone, I do not see why not. Though I would personally not bring anything that looked too out there. For now, leave the rainbow colored keyboard at home. When you feel comfortable and people know who you are, do whatever you please.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:03:12 »

Security issues like "getting my stuff stolen": No - I have no issues with that

Security issues like "I'm locked out of all internet access except for our database servers": Yes - Their IPSec is pretty extreme for interns so I'm not sure if HR will even let me bring in my own gear and I don't want to ruin a good thing by doing something that's unconventional (when compared to the current standard).

Oh yeah! I do remember reading about some people not being able to bring in their own keyboards because of some protocol and security issues. Truly interesting :)

Offline thirdkind

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:04:37 »
Their IPSec is pretty extreme for interns so I'm not sure if HR will even let me bring in my own gear and I don't want to ruin a good thing by doing something that's unconventional (when compared to the current standard).

Eh, maybe just check with your boss first? It couldn't hurt to ask if they're that concerned about outside hardware.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:07:07 »
Their IPSec is pretty extreme for interns so I'm not sure if HR will even let me bring in my own gear and I don't want to ruin a good thing by doing something that's unconventional (when compared to the current standard).

Eh, maybe just check with your boss first? It couldn't hurt to ask if they're that concerned about outside hardware.

Hmm, would you even want to bother with causing any kind of misunderstanding or confusion with your boss over a keyboard?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:08:05 »
My boss sometimes comments that he can hear me typing from his office, but nobody seems to have a problem with it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2013, 11:22:51 by metalliqaz »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:08:59 »
Do any of you have security issues? Like does everyone feel safe leaving their precious's at work???
Twice, ten years apart, I have been the victim of a break-in at the workplace, where the burglars have stolen my work computer. Both times, they have left monitors and keyboards alone. I have been more afraid of someone from another team at the company taking my keyboard, believing it to be company property. I do keep keep a photo of my keyboard and a sticker on the underside of the keyboard with my name on it as proof of ownership, just in case.

If you are a full-time employee, I think that the company should provide you with a proper mechanical keyboard if you ask to get one for health reasons.
However, there is such a thing as asking too much. At one workspace, a short-time IT consultant got my employer to pay for the services of an expert in office ergonomics and a Kinesis Advantage for himself ... and that is definitely crossing the line. His employer, the consulting company he worked for should have provided that. A time after the consultant had left, I searched for the Kinesis but could not find it... so I suspect that the consultant had walked away with it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:12:45 by Findecanor »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:11:02 »
I recently acquired an internship in the IS field at a large private corporation and am currently using this garbage keyboard:
More
Show Image

Since I'm just an intern I'm still going through training and not really contributing much so I don't feel like I'm a real part of "the team" yet. Would it be weird for me to bring in my own keyboard? No one in my department has brought in their own keyboard, they're all using the corporate assigned Dell L100. I work full time at this corporation.

I'm using that same Dell rubber dome at my work too. Hi5 :P
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:12:23 »
My boss sometimes comments that he can here me typing from his office, but nobody seems to have a problem with it.

Yeah, this is what I mean :P Little things like that could have a lasting impression :))

Twice, ten years apart, I have been the victim of a break-in at the workplace, where the burglars have stolen my work computer. Both times, they have left monitors and keyboards alone. I have been more afraid of someone from another team at the company taking my keyboard, believing it to be company property. I do keep keep a photo of my keyboard and a sticker on the underside of the keyboard with my name on it as proof of ownership, just in case.

If you are a full-time employee, I think that the company should provide you with a proper mechanical keyboard if you ask to get one for health reasons.
However, there is such a thing as asking too much. At one workspace, a short-time IT consultant got my employer to pay for the services of an expert in office ergonomics and a Kinesis Advantage for himself ... and that is definitely crossing the line. His employer, the consulting company he worked for should have provided that. A time after the consultant had left, I searched for the Kinesis but could not find it...

If only those fools knew the worth of these keyboards :P

LOL! That baller short-time sure took "advantage" of his position :P ...sorry that wasn't funny. I'm pretty sure he took that Kinesis Advantage with him :P

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:17:15 »
The first step to doing anything of value in this world is not caring too much about what other people think.  There are limits to that statement, but seriously.  Don't worry about it.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:18:21 »
Taking a KB to work is the beginning of the addiction.  It might start with going to work and back home but soon it means buying a second board to leave at work ... and then once you see the differences in those two you want to try all the others.  Before you know it you are breaking in to neighbors homes to get money for more crack rock keyboards.

You were warned  :))
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:20:05 »
I have my own keyboard at job and I would never use a damn 10$ rubber dome ever again. Just having to type 5 minutes at someone else's desk is a pain now. The only legitimate thing they could ask is to not have one too noisy. So maybe no clicky switch, and best is to use o-ring, but if I had to find another job I would bring my own keyboard and mouse first day.

I am personally using a filco TKL camo with browns and 70A O-rings and no one complains about it. And when someone ask a question about it, a few coworkers will tell him that it is the wrong thing to do because then I am very much TOO HAPPY to explain in detail the difference between a rubber dome keyboard and a mechanical keyboard. It usually last only 30 sec before they try to change subject lol.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:44:18 »
Forgot to answer the original question:
Q:  Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job? 
A:  If you have to ask ... obviously it is.  Weird is not wrong though.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:58:34 »
What appears to be weird looks is actually just JEALOUSY! amiright? :eek:
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:17:19 »
In the OP's case I would make sure its no big deal. Sometimes interns don't get such privileges.

Personally I've been using my own mouse, keyboard, thumb drives, hard drives, video cards, networking gear etc. for the last three years.

I did however let work buy my ducky with clears.

Offline jalaj

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:26:01 »
In the OP's case I would make sure its no big deal. Sometimes interns don't get such privileges.
Personally I've been using my own mouse, keyboard, thumb drives, hard drives, video cards, networking gear etc. for the last three years.

Pretty much same. Also as long as you don't mind the risk of petty theft. I doubt your employer has any policy to protect your personal belongings, so they're not liable in case of theft. That said, it's only weird if you bring in like a huge ass monitor, 30"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Re: Is it weird to bring my own keyboard to a new job?
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:38:16 »

Pretty much same. Also as long as you don't mind the risk of petty theft. I doubt your employer has any policy to protect your personal belongings, so they're not liable in case of theft. That said, it's only weird if you bring in like a huge ass monitor, 30"

Forgot to mention we have security key cards to get in our floor and I have cameras in my office. But we did have a slight problem with the cleaning people stealing.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:39:22 »
I take my kmac to and from work every day. It sits on my desk during lunch, but my company is only twenty five people, so if it went walkabout I'd be able to find out who took it.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:45:04 »
I take my kmac to and from work every day. It sits on my desk during lunch, but my company is only twenty five people, so if it went walkabout I'd be able to find out who took it.

Yeeah. Find that worker and shake him up. "WHERE IS MA BABAY?!" Ever get embarrassed for carrying your keyboard in and out of work everyday???

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:46:01 »
Unless you work in some kind of tech or engineering field, it's probably best to bring a keyboard with standard white-on-black keycaps such as a Filco or Rosewill. Anything out of the ordinary in the looks department will bring too much attention -- and not in a good way. The last thing you want to do is begin to explain how much you paid for your keyboard, how they vary in feel, etc...They'll think you're weird.

tl;dr = yes, but bring a standard white-on-black mechanical keyboard

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:50:50 »
Unless you work in some kind of tech or engineering field, it's probably best to bring a keyboard with standard white-on-black keycaps such as a Filco or Rosewill. Anything out of the ordinary in the looks department will bring too much attention -- and not in a good way. The last thing you want to do is begin to explain how much you paid for your keyboard, how they vary in feel, etc...They'll think you're weird.

... but.. but PBT for dem feels :'(

Offline dadgh

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 21:58:49 »

I work in Database Administration and this is what I'd bring in if I decide to. My CCnG Filco will stay at home.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:00:47 by dadgh »

Offline dadgh

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:08:03 »
The first step to doing anything of value in this world is not caring too much about what other people think.  There are limits to that statement, but seriously.  Don't worry about it.

I agree with you, but in this situation I'm an expendable intern who is trying to secure a full time career position upon graduation. I care very much about what people think.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:19:55 »

I agree with you, but in this situation I'm an expendable intern who is trying to secure a full time career position upon graduation. I care very much about what people think.

I'm pretty sure if they judge you for a keyboard, you really don't want to work for them. I'd agree with prdlm

I used that board at work for 3 months. The worst thing that happened to me is that I was asked if I support breast cancer research and why I'd spend money to support the cause in such an odd way.

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:21:39 »
Beaut <3

Offline dadgh

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:28:29 »

I'm pretty sure if they judge you for a keyboard, you really don't want to work for them.

That's a nice thought, but not a realistic luxury to have when you're facing student debt and a poor economy  :p

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:01:13 »

One could simply pretend ignorance...
"it's just this japanese keyboard I bought online, looks cool with colors 'n stuff. see, that's the flag colors of our nation under god good ol 'merica".
"my girlfriend bought me this and I actually like neon pink"
"it helps my carpal tunnel syndrome"
 or...last resort: "I lost a bet".

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:09:32 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Boobiecaps
- Others

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:10:59 »
I used to bring my Das MX Brown to work before and no one seems to complain about it so far.  Though I'm switching desk soon at my new work so I'll probably bring it in a bit later  :P

Also this time around maybe I'll bring in my Matias Quiet Pro.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 23:18:20 »

"it's just this japanese keyboard I bought online, looks cool with colors 'n stuff. see, that's the flag colors of our nation under god good ol 'merica".

I'm not sure if that was a serious post, but what you're suggesting would still bring about unwanted negative attention and awkward conversation. Again, this wouldn't be a problem in a tech or engineering. I still stand by my suggestion for getting either a 104 or 87 keyboard with white-on-black keycaps -- especially if you're new at the job. What we have to understand is that other people DON'T understand how someone can be a keyboard enthusiast. Attempting to explain will only make you seem more "weird".

Luckily, I work in a small office (non-tech, non-engineering) and I've brought my Leopold with blue keycaps and was only met with curious questions. However, I've known my co-workers for a few years, so their reactions may have been completely different if I was a new employee. You don't want to be the new guy with a "keyboard fetish" :P

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 00:40:57 »

I'm not sure if that was a serious post, but what you're suggesting would still bring about unwanted negative attention and awkward conversation. Again, this wouldn't be a problem in a tech or engineering. I still stand by my suggestion for getting either a 104 or 87 keyboard with white-on-black keycaps -- especially if you're new at the job. What we have to understand is that other people DON'T understand how someone can be a keyboard enthusiast. Attempting to explain will only make you seem more "weird".

Luckily, I work in a small office (non-tech, non-engineering) and I've brought my Leopold with blue keycaps and was only met with curious questions. However, I've known my co-workers for a few years, so their reactions may have been completely different if I was a new employee. You don't want to be the new guy with a "keyboard fetish" :P

Wasn't a serious answer at all.

Once I found a person with a blue alps kb tossed around, I threw out my begging face and had to explain why did I wanted an old keyboard as such. After my full hearted and detailed presentation, that person asked me "what's the problem with you?" and how people near me handled being close to me. She suggested that I go to therapy. Since then, I just want it to get "keycaps out to repair my granny keyboard".
She finally gave me her old blue alps kb, so I guess I won, but my public image got assasinated in the process.

Techy guys in contrary drooled when I showed them my old model m, because they studied at campus with them long time ago and it brought back good memories.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 20:45:19 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Boobiecaps
- Others