Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch  (Read 232495 times)

Offline Shikarikato

Re: CM Storm Novatouch
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 05:36:26 »
I had the impression that Raj or someone confirmed a ~$180 price point. Maybe I remembered incorrectly.

This sounds like the magic number to me.

Can't wait! That seems to about the same price a Realforce? I expect CM to be aggressively priced.
A realforce is at least 230$ and are not available everywhere.
Cheapest is $215(no sale), but EK has $200(on sale) boards. Anyways don't Realforce boards come with PBT caps?

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 05:37:19 »
I had the impression that Raj or someone confirmed a ~$180 price point. Maybe I remembered incorrectly.

Can't wait! That seems to about the same price a Realforce? I expect CM to be aggressively priced.
A realforce is at least 230$ and are not available everywhere.

It's still a CM. I wouldn't spend 200$ on one of their keyboards after I had some bad luck with really crappy built QFR XTs. The QFR Rapid I own is great the other hand. So to me it feels like too much of a gamlbe right now, but that's personal experience.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 05:37:57 »

This is what I would guess.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 06:10:25 »
my guess is 140 to 160, i think 180 is too much for cm product.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 06:20:41 »

I'm hoping towards the lower end.

If this can turn out to be like a Topre version of the QFR, and if the quality and price are right, it may usurp QFR as one of the most often recommended keyboards on GH.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 06:59:11 »
No. Read below. Too much? You got to be joking.
If I were CM, I'd charge $200 because of the stem. Sure you can buy RealForce for that but you have no MX compatible stem!
And that a type heaven costs 200$ and is made in china.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:17:05 »
If I were CM, I'd charge $200 because of the stem. Sure you can buy RealForce for that but you have no MX compatible stem!
You honestly think regular consumers will buy novatouch if it was priced at $180 when they don't even know what Topre is? Or they are going to price that high only to sell these keyboards to people on this forum? Yeah i doubt that... CM do not make quality products... sure they are great budget keyboard but their quality isn't anywhere near "top notch"

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:26:58 »
You honestly think regular consumers will buy novatouch if it was priced at $180 when they don't even know what Topre is? Or they are going to price that high only to sell these keyboards to people on this forum? Yeah i doubt that... CM do not make quality products... sure they are great budget keyboard but their quality isn't anywhere near "top notch"

QFTK with Greens costs $162 here btw. Green is a 'rare' switch, Topre is a 'rare' switch. Topre with MX compatible stem is even more rare. I wouldn't be surprised if the price was $180.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:42:44 »

Typeheaven is only $150 AUD here.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:57:00 »

I hope it's not that expensive, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 09:29:39 »
It's still a CM. I wouldn't spend 200$ on one of their keyboards after I had some bad luck with really crappy built QFR XTs. The QFR Rapid I own is great the other hand. So to me it feels like too much of a gamlbe right now, but that's personal experience.

You just need to inform yourself before making these kinds of purchases. Most people here would suggest a QFR because they're known good quality, whereas the XT, not so much. So you may have to wait and see what the consensus of this board is before buying.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 April 2014, 10:10:17 by esoomenona »

Offline SigLogical

• 5 prototypes built
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 09:43:05 »
can i visit you sometime and test out the novatouch?  :)) i can't type properly thought  :(
HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S

Offline lonedruid

• Red switch fan
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:11:06 »
so the legend begins :p :thumb:
Steelseries 6gv2 red switch
Ducky shine 3 TKL blue switch http://i.imgur.com/5LcUxh.jpg
HHKB Professional 2 no-blank http://i.imgur.com/JSIa1.pngk

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:49:01 »

You just need to inform yourself before making these kinds of purchases. Most people here would suggest a QFR because they're known good quality, whereas the XT, not so much. So you may have to wait and see what the consensus of this board is before buying.

I can't really approve the XT part, because one reason I bought the board in the first place were the recommendations on Geekhack. (I had three XTs and all of them were faulty, no joke). But on the Novatouch, yes. I'll definately wait how well the board and in particular it's build will be received. 

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 11:54:45 »

I can't really approve the XT part, because one reason I bought the board in the first place were the recommendations on Geekhack. (I had three XTs and all of them were faulty, no joke). But on the Novatouch, yes. I'll definately wait how well the board and in particular it's build will be received.

I'm dumb. I'm buying the first one I can get.

I've resisted buying another mx and topre board waiting for CM to come out with this.

So, yea. Can't wait much longer.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:00:06 »
Raj did hint at the possibility of a 60 percent topre.

I'm going to guess it will be at least six months before they release something like that at the earliest.

If they did come out with a 60 percent board. I'd imagine it would look more like a poker 2 than a hhkb. (They wouldn't be that adventurous.)

If they did come out with a 60 percent, I just hope they keep the mx cap compatibility and let the board be much more user configurable and programmable.

Offline avtar

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:00:48 »
I wonder if it still ships with a rubber coated case:

I'd like to see someone replace the case with one of the Vortex aluminium cases. Otherwise it'll be a pain to try to keep it clean.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:01:52 »

Show Image

I'd like to see someone replace the case with one of the Vortex aluminium cases. Otherwise it'll be a pain to try to keep it clean.
Well I plan on getting one day one as long as it isn't over $200 and I have a vortex case I want to try with it.

Offline avtar

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:09:47 »
Well I plan on getting one day one as long as it isn't over $200 and I have a vortex case I want to try with it.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to that.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:22:49 »
Fingers crossed it fits, MK.com would probably sell out pretty fast :P

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:28:36 »
MX Caps Compatible Topre Switch. Oh lord. If CM make it available in 55g then I'll be buying one for sure.

Cooler Master found a way to make me look at them again. How sneaky.
(I'm a CM hater)
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:29:24 »

I'm dumb. I'm buying the first one I can get.

I've resisted buying another mx and topre board waiting for CM to come out with this.

So, yea. Can't wait much longer.

I just bought a new keyboard this week so I can justify to wait. One good thing about CM is that there are often good deals for their products.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:36:42 »

Show Image

I admit, if its over $200, I might not buy it.

I assume its not.

I want to swap the case with my blue photoelectric case if its compatible.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:44:34 »
Raj did hint at the possibility of a 60 percent topre.

I'm going to guess it will be at least six months before they release something like that at the earliest.

If they did come out with a 60 percent board. I'd imagine it would look more like a poker 2 than a hhkb. (They wouldn't be that adventurous.)

If they did come out with a 60 percent, I just hope they keep the mx cap compatibility and let the board be much more user configurable and programmable.

I'm sure that IF they do decide to do that, it will depend on how well this keyboard does first.

Offline dante

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:50:39 »
I wouldn't be surprised if EK picked up some business from this.  If they were mentioned in reviews and people go searching for them the consumer might say, "well for only $30 more I can get PBT keycaps..."

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:11:29 »
can i visit you sometime and test out the novatouch?  :)) i can't type properly thought  :(
Sure, within this week. You in singapore?
MX Caps Compatible Topre Switch. Oh lord. If CM make it available in 55g then I'll be buying one for sure.

(I'm a CM hater)
LOL. When i first told my friend I am doing reviews for CM he was like "I thought you hated CM?". Who hates CM and has 3 of their cases ...
I wouldn't be surprised if EK picked up some business from this.  If they were mentioned in reviews and people go searching for them the consumer might say, "well for only $30 more I can get PBT keycaps..."
And no customizable MX keycaps. And no rubber case.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:24:47 »
"I thought you hated CM?". Who hates CM and has 3 of their cases ...

If you want to be credible, you must own a couple of the things you hate.   :thumb:
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:27:56 »
Thanks for showing us the Novatouch. It is great that the keycaps can be changed. The key thing, as it were, is how these Topres sound and feel compared to other Topre-switch boards, such as the RF 87u and HHKB Pro 2. Looking forward to more details and the ultimate general release of the product.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:34:32 »

(I'm a CM hater)
LOL. When i first told my friend I am doing reviews for CM he was like "I thought you hated CM?". Who hates CM and has 3 of their cases ...

I would pay 30$ more just if there was no rubber case  :D

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:35:11 »
Can't you remove the rubber coating with sand paper if it's such a big deal?
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:55:51 »
Can't you remove the rubber coating with sand paper if it's such a big deal?
Not easily, QFRs are the biggest pain in the ass to sand down. ~1+ hours of sanding if you want it perfect from my experience sanding down 3 or so tops.

And they still look terrible after sanding down, they have to be painted.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 13:57:14 »
Well if you aren't going to buy the keyboard because of the rubber coating (like Beserkfan) that ~1 hour is worth it then.

Offline SigLogical

• 5 prototypes built
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 14:08:37 »

(I'm a CM hater)

i live in singapore, not too sure about this upcoming week since college is re-opening  :confused:
HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 15:52:53 »

i live in singapore, not too sure about this upcoming week since college is re-opening  :confused:
I'm free this monday so make your way down if you want to.

Offline paco

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:03:45 »

Typeheaven is only $150 AUD here.

In Canada, you can get a Type Heaven for 140$CND easily. They come up for sale about every month at NCIX.ca.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:12:27 »
Well if you aren't going to buy the keyboard because of the rubber coating (like Beserkfan) that ~1 hour is worth it then.

Don't actually understand what you are saying here, but I would happily swap a casing top with someone's PLU casing top or whatever is compatible, and pay that somebody else a few extra bucks. The rubberized tops are really crap. The very fact that CM is big in Singapore and most ordinary people in Singapore are not against CM, suggests that they don't actually expect to use their CM keyboards past a certain period. Such as the one year warranty. If you're living in Norway you may not experience deterioration until after a pretty long period eg 10 years, but in tropical areas, anything rubber or plastic (except very good plastic) spoils fast.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:27:39 »

Don't actually understand what you are saying here, but I would happily swap a casing top with someone's PLU casing top or whatever is compatible, and pay that somebody else a few extra bucks. The rubberized tops are really crap. The very fact that CM is big in Singapore and most ordinary people in Singapore are not against CM, suggests that they don't actually expect to use their CM keyboards past a certain period. Such as the one year warranty. If you're living in Norway you may not experience deterioration until after a pretty long period eg 10 years, but in tropical areas, anything rubber or plastic (except very good plastic) spoils fast.

You said:

If they rubberize the case, I'll never buy it. Simple as that. Anybody who lives in these parts should be well aware that rubberized case = nasty case within a few months to a year.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:29:11 by epzy »

Offline lonedruid

• Red switch fan
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:41:33 »
good to know there is alot of geekhackers from singapore  :))
Steelseries 6gv2 red switch
Ducky shine 3 TKL blue switch http://i.imgur.com/5LcUxh.jpg
HHKB Professional 2 no-blank http://i.imgur.com/JSIa1.pngk

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 08:43:30 »
I don't think the price will be justifiable if it is $200 and a rubber case. Rubber feels a lot less slick than a normal gloss finish or matte finish, a la WASD.

I think I need to expand out into new switches, either topre or BS, but I don't think this will make me want to spend £120+ on another board, even with these new stems.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 13:26:40 »

Just so you know, we really use our keyboards for a long time AND we have 3 year warranties. Again, the sales figures here show that most people are sort of against CM.
good to know there is alot of geekhackers from singapore  :))
It does.
I don't think the price will be justifiable if it is $200 and a rubber case. Rubber feels a lot less slick than a normal gloss finish or matte finish, a la WASD.

I think I need to expand out into new switches, either topre or BS, but I don't think this will make me want to spend £120+ on another board, even with these new stems.
I don't want a slick case, i want it to be grippy and not go shiny after 1 year. Maybe it's your personal preference
Anyway the review is actually up
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56838.msg1286304#msg1286304

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 15:12:31 »
Just so you know, we really use our keyboards for a long time AND we have 3 year warranties. Again, the sales figures here show that most people are sort of against CM.

"... most people are sort of against CM"?

Really?

QFR is one of the most recommended keyboards on GH.

CM was praised for offering replacement keyboard case tops, which led to a spurt of customisations of QFR.

The CM switch tester sold out almost immediately - many GHers have one (I have two).

Apart from a few problems with small batches of QFR a year or two ago (which was quickly solved with great communication from a CM rep on GH), CM is very much in favour :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 15:13:56 »

"... most people are sort of against CM"?

Really?

QFR is one of the most recommended keyboards on GH.

CM was praised for offering replacement keyboard case tops, which led to a spurt of customisations of QFR.

The CM switch tester sold out almost immediately - many GHers have one (I have two).

Apart from a few problems with small batches of QFR a year or two ago (which was quickly solved with great communication from a CM rep on GH), CM is very much in favour :)
No. read again
The very fact that CM is big in Singapore and most ordinary people in Singapore are not against CM

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 17:41:29 »
CM has a 3 year warranty? Cool. Shame other companies don't take notice of that.

edit: All products from Cooler Master at least carry 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, with the exception of power supply units which carry a 2-5 year warranty. ???
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 April 2014, 17:51:04 by MissMurd3r84 »
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 18:38:51 »
CM has a 3 year warranty? Cool. Shame other companies don't take notice of that.

edit: All products from Cooler Master at least carry 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, with the exception of power supply units which carry a 2-5 year warranty. ???

Having somewhere local to return the keyboard to in the event of problems would be a big plus.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 19:11:53 »
I'm a fan of CM. They have good ideas.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:37:32 »
I'm a fan of CM. They have good ideas.
I am, too  ;)

Having somewhere local to return the keyboard to in the event of problems would be a big plus.
Yep.

Depends on your local warranty terms. USA is not the only country in the world  :'(

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:40:29 »
He didn't mention USA.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:44:44 »
All I know is this is getting picked up, those sliders are getting harvested, and I WILL have toxic on my realforce  :p
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:45:56 »
All I know is this is getting picked up, those sliders are getting harvested, and I WILL have toxic on my realforce  :p

Hmm... I think Dolch will look pretty neat on a 'black' Realforce also!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:48:03 »

Have we confirmed that the sliders can be harvested?