Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch  (Read 232279 times)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: CM Storm Novatouch
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:48:23 »
All I know is this is getting picked up, those sliders are getting harvested, and I WILL have toxic on my realforce  :p

Hmm... I think Dolch will look pretty neat on a 'black' Realforce also!

I have a gunmetal/dark grey digilog case, and believe me, if I had a dolch set, it would be all over that board once I got these stems.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:50:55 »
All I know is this is getting picked up, those sliders are getting harvested, and I WILL have toxic on my realforce  :p

I have a gunmetal/dark grey digilog case, and believe me, if I had a dolch set, it would be all over that board once I got these stems.

You sir, must get some GMK Dolch goodness. Next time Originative gets it in stock or when Ivan or Bunny does a GB for it! ;D
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:52:39 »

You sir, must get some GMK Dolch goodness. Next time Originative gets it in stock or when Ivan or Bunny does a GB for it! ;D

If Bunny does a GB, I'll be in in a heartbeat. I don't know too much about originative, but the issue with them is all the current controversy of orders not being delivered/followed up on.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 21:56:25 »

If Bunny does a GB, I'll be in in a heartbeat. I don't know too much about originative, but the issue with them is all the current controversy of orders not being delivered/followed up on.

Originative seems to be back as of right now at least. Newest batch of Dolch and Cyrillic has been shipped and received... Hopefully it's back 100% shortly, but who knows. :/
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 22:28:31 »
So damn excited. Almost a for sure buy for me.

Have we confirmed that the sliders can be harvested?

So much talk about harvesting sliders and hoping to buy separate ones, but I still haven't found confirmation yet...
Personally more interested in seeing if Novatouch will fit custom cases. Who wouldn't prefer Topre in aluminum cases as compared to plastic ones?

Offline avtar

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 23:23:25 »

Does that set include a 6u space bar?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 23:24:16 »

It does in the spacebar pack.

Offline avtar

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 23:34:12 »
Perfect! Thanks

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 01:01:23 »
I wonder how many novatouchs will hit the classifieds with old Topre stems, or at least with 60 old topre stems .....
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 01:23:06 »
I'm a fan of CM. They have good ideas.
I am, too  ;)
CM has a 3 year warranty? Cool. Shame other companies don't take notice of that.

edit: All products from Cooler Master at least carry 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, with the exception of power supply units which carry a 2-5 year warranty. ???

Having somewhere local to return the keyboard to in the event of problems would be a big plus.
Yep.
CM has a 3 year warranty? Cool. Shame other companies don't take notice of that.

edit: All products from Cooler Master at least carry 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, with the exception of power supply units which carry a 2-5 year warranty. ???
Depends on your local warranty terms. USA is not the only country in the world  :'(

I'd hope it's not, as I am not even in the USA  :p :p
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 04:01:08 »

Originative seems to be back as of right now at least. Newest batch of Dolch and Cyrillic has been shipped and received... Hopefully it's back 100% shortly, but who knows. :/

Has Sherry posted on this forum, yet so we can know he is alive?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 04:05:26 »

It does in the spacebar pack.

It's the stabilizer alignment the same on most topre space bars as mx space bars?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 04:34:48 »
I wonder how many novatouchs will hit the classifieds with old Topre stems, or at least with 60 old topre stems .....
lol, mine will be there if CM doesn't sell their sliders separately  :p

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 07:00:37 »
all I can say is that I'm working with CM to fix the few issues the novatouch prototype had. That's the reason to have prototypes and beta testers. Making a public review of a prototype is kinda worthless.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 07:11:10 »
But he said CM will launch the product THIS week in Malaysia and Singapore.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 07:17:02 »

that really can't be true. it will probably be some kind of expo or convention where they show it off.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 07:18:29 »
I guess YuukiHaruto gotta clarify this point.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 08:42:56 »
all I can say is that I'm working with CM to fix the few issues the novatouch prototype had. That's the reason to have prototypes and beta testers. Making a public review of a prototype is kinda worthless.

Are you suggesting that they ship it with wire type key pullers instead of plastic?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 10:01:12 »
the keypuller pictured here is not the one CM told me will be shipped with the final version. but these are details likely to change over time.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 10:27:03 »
Nope. CM HQ asked the local product manager of CM Singapore to ask me to do a review online.
What I didn't (and actually forgot) is that it's a maybe. Sorry about that blunder
the keypuller pictured here is not the one CM told me will be shipped with the final version. but these are details likely to change over time.
I make do with what I review, fair and square. If CM is gonna ship them with wire pullers i'll write a second review when I have the actual one in.
Also I did not enter the beta test for CM so I don't have an NDA unlike the previous with mizar which i kept absolutely silent about me actually having it 'till launch day

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 10:32:39 »
a review of *this* prototype done by someone who knows topre is only going to scare people, but if CM explicitly asked for a review of the prototype, well, I can't help them :)

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 11:08:03 »
a review of *this* prototype done by someone who knows topre is only going to scare people, but if CM explicitly asked for a review of the prototype, well, I can't help them :)
Yes they did. But if CM is willing to work on it and provide a wire keycap puller props to them and I will give a 2nd review from there on.

In other news, had a Trigger Z w/ MX browns in today for testing. I like the keyboard but I still have a strong distaste for browns :\

Offline avtar

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 11:32:41 »
Yes they did. But if CM is willing to work on it and provide a wire keycap puller props to them and I will give a 2nd review from there on.

From matt3o's comments I am guessing that he's referring to issues with part of or the entire switch itself in the prototype and not accessories like a keycap puller. If he doesn't feel confident that it will feel right to users of other Topre boards then I hope Cooler Master addresses those issues before the GA release.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 11:39:20 »

From matt3o's comments I am guessing that he's referring to issues with part of or the entire switch itself in the prototype and not accessories like a keycap puller. If he doesn't feel confident that it will feel right to users of other Topre boards then I hope Cooler Master addresses those issues before the GA release.

He's not permitted to say anyway.

With the NDA and all.

So it looks like I'll be waiting allot longer for my CM topre.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:57:40 »
The guy in this video says that it will be coming in the summer or early Q3. That's a little later than I'd thought...
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 18:01:40 »
The guy in this video says that it will be coming in the summer or early Q3. That's a little later than I'd thought...

He also said 150-170$ is a possibility.

Offline thestage

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 19:04:10 »
$150 seems like a good price.  $170 is a little up there considering you're getting the same form factor as a Realforce with an almost certainly inferior build quality.  Obviously the draw is customization, but it also has to be because the stock caps are going to be terrible, while the Realforce has great caps out of the box.  I think it would strongly behoove CM to offer a capless version of the board for cheaper if they could, but I suspect that wouldn't be very financially prudent.  I'm sure they make great profit margins on the caps.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 19:24:37 »
If this board goes for $150, I might have my first topre keyboard. I just love the fact that you can swap mx caps with this board and I really hope they have the same size case so I can use the painted one I already have on it.

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 21:16:14 »
wondering if thats a poppy or mushy 45g
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 21:17:27 »
at 150 its a steal. Other topre is above that (but with pbt) and the only thing close is the type heaven, which everybody at this point knows is **** throughout

Offline alosec

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:20:44 »
I played around with the board @ sxsw.... I was told by the CM rep working there it was confirmed $150

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:29:12 »
I played around with the board @ sxsw.... I was told by the CM rep working there it was confirmed $150

:eek: I guess it's time to become one with cup rubber...  :) Let's hope the quality doesn't dissapoint!
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:38:19 »

Nice.  That's better then what I was thinking it would be :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:39:30 »
Very nice.  I might make a quick detour into the Topper world for a bit from Cherry Land. 

The next holy grail would be BS switches with stem adapters for MX caps.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 00:35:59 »
$150 seems like a good price.  $170 is a little up there considering you're getting the same form factor as a Realforce with an almost certainly inferior build quality.  Obviously the draw is customization, but it also has to be because the stock caps are going to be terrible, while the Realforce has great caps out of the box.  I think it would strongly behoove CM to offer a capless version of the board for cheaper if they could, but I suspect that wouldn't be very financially prudent.  I'm sure they make great profit margins on the caps.

And the other draw is that it's not exactly easy to get a topre everywhere is it  ;)

Offline thestage

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 01:08:41 »

And the other draw is that it's not exactly easy to get a topre everywhere is it  ;)

True.  I suppose that depends on CM's European distribution model, particularly online.  I doubt this will be found in brick and mortal retailers really anywhere, so it comes down to whether or not CM will ship it outside of the US at a reasonable rate, which is something I am led to believe EK isn't really capable of.

Offline tbc

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 03:43:37 »
CM is one of the primary brands in Canada, so I'm not too disappointed.  Still waiting for the 75% formfactor. and 55g of course
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 11:34:33 »

I didn't bother reading the whole thread (sorry) But is there any kind of ETA for the Novatouch?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline avtar

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 11:37:56 »
I didn't bother reading the whole thread (sorry) But is there any kind of ETA for the Novatouch?

Possibly this summer or Q3.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 12:09:12 »
this wait is killing me ... I'm still about 1-2 months away from getting back the novatouch  :'(

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 12:32:59 »
Does anyone know if filco/qfr cases fit it? I'd love to throw it in my filco case and pop on some granite keycaps from Matt's GB...
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 12:42:48 »
rofl and here people thought i was crazy when i said $200 will be too much and should be around 140 to 160 for this keyboard. LOL

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 12:43:05 »

Offline fabioruxo

• Pinsapp
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 05:51:58 »
do you work for cm? how were you able to get one? also do you know the release date for novatouch? I just bought my first topre (FC660C) thinking that novatouch will not be released anytime soon and next day I see someone with prototype novatouch...

Where did you get the FC660C? I'm searching for it but on ek they're out of stock :-)
IBM Model M
WASD v1 w/cherry browns
Topre Realforce 87u EK edition all 45gr

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:19:32 »
Ah, super interesting. Can't wait to try Topre.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:20:48 »
do you work for cm? how were you able to get one? also do you know the release date for novatouch? I just bought my first topre (FC660C) thinking that novatouch will not be released anytime soon and next day I see someone with prototype novatouch...

Where did you get the FC660C? I'm searching for it but on ek they're out of stock :-)

EK has blanks and Imsto.cn has (expensive) printed ones. I don't recommend buying a printed one now, though, since the dyesub version is coming soon.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline YuukiHaruto

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 12:01:40 »
Once again tried topre type heaven and a uniform 45g Realforce and guess which one the novatouch is closer to? If you guessed the type heaven you're wrong. The type heaven feels crappy compared to the novatouch and the realforce.
The realforce feels what I called the "Novatouch heavenly feel"

That's how good it is.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 19:27:14 »
ETA Possibly this summer or Q3.

Thanks!
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:10:54 »
Maybe Carter would be willing to sell 55g conversion kits? :D
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 23:58:20 »
Once again tried topre type heaven and a uniform 45g Realforce and guess which one the novatouch is closer to? If you guessed the type heaven you're wrong. The type heaven feels crappy compared to the novatouch and the realforce.
The realforce feels what I called the "Novatouch heavenly feel"

That's how good it is.

Good to know that the Novatouch feels nice despite being a compatibility version (which I was afraid would create other issues)  :thumb: