Author Topic: Digital KB-5923 mechanical ??  (Read 8488 times)

Offline BlueBär

Re: Digital KB-5923 mechanical ??
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 07:21:12 »
It's a Chicony rebrand but looks like rubberdomes to me.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:08:12 »
sdlkfjdslkfjasdf, the guy said it was clicky and was hoping for a win, ow well thanks anyway.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:20:18 »
Even if it was mechanical it would probably not be worth the money ;)
And clicky has become a buzzword for people who like to sell their trash on ebay, so don't go for that keyword.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 08:44:27 »
It's a Chicony rebrand but looks like rubberdomes to me.

How does something "look rubber dome", is there a way to tell from the pic ??, also its not that price the guy said $20, would I just be able to get him to pull a key off?, can you just pry them off  ???, of do you have to open the thing or use a special tool.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 09:48:45 »
How does something "look rubber dome", is there a way to tell from the pic ??, also its not that price the guy said $20, would I just be able to get him to pull a key off?, can you just pry them off  ???, of do you have to open the thing or use a special tool.

You can tell if something looks like a rubberdome with some experience, it's just how the keyboard is made, what the keycap sizes are (in this case not very usual), etc.
You can ususally just pull a keycap off with the help of for example a screwdriver. However this keyboard also has a Model number that is not listed as mechanical in the Deskthority Wiki. Chicony keyboards with a model number starting with 51 are usually more interesting.
I figured that this is a Chicony rebrand because I recognized its look and I also looked up the the first three letters of the FCC ID which leads to Chicony as well.

Offline da20valve

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 11:07:36 »
Cool thanks.