Author Topic: Why You Guys Make No Ridiculous April Foolery This Year?  (Read 2580 times)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Why You Guys Make No Ridiculous April Foolery This Year?
« on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:44:29 »
Hey GH,

Just wonder why nobody pulled any silliness this year for April Fool's Day.  I was waiting for something extra st00pid this year for some reason. 

Wasn't it last year that boost had that fake sale?  And didn't Inlikeflynn do something similar the year before that?

Anyway, I guess it's not too late!

Clacks for a penny! (c)

Lemme see what you got. 

Your Friend,

eth0s
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Why You Guys Make No Ridiculous April Foolery This Year?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:45:20 »
classifieds are locked down now...new rules... :-X

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:46:07 »

though lots of people are still posting with no regards to the new rules haha.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:46:47 »

though lots of people are still posting with no regards to the new rules haha.

I've seen some moderation, guess I need to start REPORTING PEOPLE  >:D :))

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:49:15 »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:56:00 »
Hey GH,

Just wonder why nobody pulled any silliness this year for April Fool's Day.  I was waiting for something extra st00pid this year for some reason. 

Wasn't it last year that boost had that fake sale?  And didn't Inlikeflynn do something similar the year before that?

Clacks for a penny! (c)

Lemme see what you got. 

Your Friend,

eth0s

Yesterday I was considering doing what MOZ did and pretend I was leaving the keyboard game, and create a fake ad to sell all my stuff. But then I realized it'd be a waste of time, since nobody would miss me if I was gone anyways...

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 14:57:06 »
Hey GH,

Clacks for a penny! (c)

Lemme see what you got. 

Your Friend,

eth0s

Yesterday I was considering doing what MOZ did and pretend I was leaving the keyboard game, and create a fake ad to sell all my stuff. But then I realized it'd be a waste of time, since nobody would miss me if I was gone anyways...

liar, i pm'd you when you disappeared last time :P

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:00:34 »
They totally did pull a prank though. Have you seen the reformatting of the Marketplace links? Hilarious!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:04:43 »
Hey GH,

Clacks for a penny! (c)

Lemme see what you got. 

Your Friend,

eth0s

liar, i pm'd you when you disappeared last time :P

Ok fine, I exaggerated. Slightly...

You could just be the exception that proves the rule, though. :P
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:06:44 »
I filled the principal's office with balloons.

He thought it was hilarious and bought me lunch lol
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:08:34 »
I filled the principal's office with balloons.

He thought it was hilarious and bought me lunch lol

I like your style. :thumb:

Next time, use playing cards.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:23:01 »

Blame the modzis
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:42:41 »
and you got that.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56585.0
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:54:31 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:51:47 »
and you got that.

lol.   No April's Foolery is the ultimate April's Foolery?  I dunno.  Seems like a lame excuse for lack of creativity.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:52:17 »
I think my favorite one last year was Boost's classified thread lol.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:55:41 »

Yeah, that boost is a rascal.  And I know him IRL, so I can say that with affection.

BTW, I recently lost the use of my hands in a cooking class accident, so now I type by swinging my pen!s around and slapping the keyboard.  I was wondering what is the most comfortable keyboard for the slapping pen!s method of typing?

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 15:56:20 »
and you got that.

lol.   No April's Foolery is the ultimate April's Foolery?  I dunno.  Seems like a lame excuse for lack of creativity.
i mean, didn't you see this?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 16:03:50 »
and you got that.

i mean, didn't you see this?

Yeah, I saw that one.  But that gag has been done before.  That is not the truly st00pid that I was expecting.  I guess my expectations were too high.  Oh and by "truly st00pid" I guess I really mean funny, even if totally ridiculous.

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 16:05:11 »
m'kay

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 17:12:47 »
The problem is timezones.

By the time most of you start posting these things, it is already 2nd of April over here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 18:48:29 »
Sorry I'm too busy attempting to achieve my dreams by attaining the coveted job of pokemon master at Google.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 18:53:33 by the1onewolf »

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:55:26 »

Yeah, that boost is a rascal.  And I know him IRL, so I can say that with affection.

BTW, I recently lost the use of my hands in a cooking class accident, so now I type by swinging my pen!s around and slapping the keyboard.  I was wondering what is the most comfortable keyboard for the slapping pen!s method of typing?

That was a def a good one :P
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:53:39 »
That was a def a good one :P

You are quite the jokester, we need more.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |