Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1023378 times)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #1950 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 07:57:45 »
I don't really post much here on geekhack but I thought I'd share mine.

That CHERRY goodness <3

Don't mind the spacebar. I know it's awful! I'm looking for a Cherry profile one.

Show Image

Good looking board you have there Medow. What case is that?

Offline Medow

« Reply #1951 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:09:32 »
I don't really post much here on geekhack but I thought I'd share mine.

That CHERRY goodness <3

Don't mind the spacebar. I know it's awful! I'm looking for a Cherry profile one.

Show Image

Good looking board you have there Medow. What case is that?

Thank you mashby! It's a IKBC CNC aluminum case I got from Taobao.

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/8024849

This. But mine's silver.
60% ALL THE WAY

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1952 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:29:26 »

This. But mine's silver.

I'm not familiar with that case. Is it a low-profile case?

Offline Medow

« Reply #1953 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:39:27 »

This. But mine's silver.

I'm not familiar with that case. Is it a low-profile case?

Yes it really low profile.

More photos here (scroll down)
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.115.sVqmws&id=37079410182
60% ALL THE WAY

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #1954 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:50:38 »
My poker 2 - in a poker 1 accryllic case, which made it quite hard to get the poker 2 into it, as the poker 1 has pcb stabs and the poker 2 is plate, so It actually has 2 plates in it, the stock poker2 one and an accrylic one.

I got boards.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1955 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:53:25 »

Thank you for all the details. It looks like a flipped version of the TEX case.

Offline Medow

« Reply #1956 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:55:54 »

Thank you for all the details. It looks like a flipped version of the TEX case.

Haha yeah it does :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 April 2014, 08:57:43 by Medow »
60% ALL THE WAY

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1957 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:35:29 »
Inspired by Medow and Margo's posts, I decided to post a pic of what I've been driving for about a week.

I simply swapped boards in my Hammer case (Titanium Anodized). Instead of my usual MX-Black Build, I put in my MX-White Build Poker X.

I haven't been typing on the MX-White build that much because I didn't like the feel. In fact, I was starting to think that I simply don't like clicky switches anymore. Thinking it might be the case the MX-White was in, I decided to swap them and test the theory.

Turns out that I'm simply not a fan of the MKC Aluminum case. It's just too resonate and there's a ton of added ping when typing, regardless of the switch. Bear in mind that I bottom out when I type. I'll have to find something to fill the bottom of the case to deaden the sound other than the white foam I have in there.

Offline Medow

« Reply #1958 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 14:48:58 »
Inspired by Medow and Margo's posts, I decided to post a pic of what I've been driving for about a week.

Show Image

I simply swapped boards in my Hammer case (Titanium Anodized). Instead of my usual MX-Black Build, I put in my MX-White Build Poker X.

I haven't been typing on the MX-White build that much because I didn't like the feel. In fact, I was starting to think that I simply don't like clicky switches anymore. Thinking it might be the case the MX-White was in, I decided to swap them and test the theory.

Turns out that I'm simply not a fan of the MKC Aluminum case. It's just too resonate and there's a ton of added ping when typing, regardless of the switch. Bear in mind that I bottom out when I type. I'll have to find something to fill the bottom of the case to deaden the sound other than the white foam I have in there.

Damn mashby that board is delicious!

What modifier keys are those if I may ask?
60% ALL THE WAY

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1959 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 14:55:26 »

Thanks for the compliment! It's two sets of IMSTO PBT - blanks and Cyrillic.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1960 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 15:07:42 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1961 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 15:09:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

GMK cyan?  Damn, that matches so well...!  I like it.   :thumb:

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1962 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 15:16:20 »

Show Image

I will be the first to admit, I really do not like the mix of printed alphas and blank mods (and vice versa) but that Mr. Mashby is one fine looking board sir.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1963 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 16:17:27 »
I will be the first to admit, I really do not like the mix of printed alphas and blank mods (and vice versa) but that Mr. Mashby is one fine looking board sir.

Thank you sir! Truth be told, I feel exactly the same way about blanks and alphas, but it just kind of worked with this set so I stuck with it.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1964 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 16:18:47 »
Damn that cyan bar matches so well. :thumb:
I love Elzy

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1965 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:05:12 »

Thank you sir! Truth be told, I feel exactly the same way about blanks and alphas, but it just kind of worked with this set so I stuck with it.

Man with taste ;)

Offline Medow

« Reply #1966 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:22:20 »

Thanks for the compliment! It's two sets of IMSTO PBT - blanks and Cyrillic.

You are very welcome!

Are those available in ISO? :O
60% ALL THE WAY

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1967 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:53:25 »
You are very welcome!

Are those available in ISO? :O

I don't believe so, or at least I've never seen them. You can check in his vendor forum though just to be sure.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #1968 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 03:12:20 »

Show Image

Thats a nice board Mr Mashby :)

I have a set of those imsto blanks, I really wish the caps lock wasn't broken.
I got boards.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1969 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:36:52 »
Thats a nice board Mr Mashby :)

I have a set of those imsto blanks, I really wish the caps lock wasn't broken.

I know. Me too.  :-[

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #1970 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 08:20:23 »
Whenever I use that set, I make the `¬ cap a light one rather than a dark one, as then it makes it look almost intenational and almost balances it a bit. Infact, my favourite thing to do is use teh light grey ones with a set of light blue blanks I have and make a set that is sort of like the blue/grey space cadet sort of theme.
I got boards.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1971 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 08:48:12 »

Show Image

ive got that blank set on the way... can't wait.

you guys just need boards with off-center capslock :D
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #1972 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:03:20 »

Show Image

ive got that blank set on the way... can't wait.

you guys just need boards with off-center capslock :D

Whats the point in off-center caps and 1.25x mods :P
I got boards.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1973 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:30:28 »

Show Image

Mashby - I've got Con-Tact adhesive natural cork lining the bottom of my MKC Alu case and I'm much happier with the way it sounds/feels now vs stock. There was just enough room inside to comfortably put down two layers (I can post photos later when I've got the board in front of me.)

http://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Specialty-All-Purpose-Self-Adhesive-Natural/dp/B000WEPD6U
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1974 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:10:56 »

Show Image

Mashby - I've got Con-Tact adhesive natural cork lining the bottom of my MKC Alu case and I'm much happier with the way it sounds/feels now vs stock. There was just enough room inside to comfortably put down two layers (I can post photos later when I've got the board in front of me.)

http://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Specialty-All-Purpose-Self-Adhesive-Natural/dp/B000WEPD6U

You can also buy some self-adhesive cork from Michael's for $0.99 or less that has enough area for two 60% cases.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1975 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 07:48:46 »
Thanks MythicalWagyu and nubbinator for the tips. I think cork might be just the ticket I'm looking for. Thanks!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1976 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 10:24:34 »
You can also buy some self-adhesive cork from Michael's for $0.99 or less that has enough area for two 60% cases.

Oooh so cheap - noted for future reference, thank you! Amazon wins a lot of my money cause I can sit around without pants and still buy **** (kinda like GH)
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline tototo

« Reply #1977 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:13:33 »
Updated the workboard a bit. Bai bai commando23 and hello yyy-caps.

http://imgur.com/a/gpleb
More
PokerII.ahk | Ducky G2Pro TKLDucky MiniPoker II, Ergodox ClassicErgodox Full hand | For sale: KBT Pure ProDucky YYY TKL

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1978 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:20:04 »
Updated the workboard a bit. Bai bai commando23 and hello yyy-caps.

http://imgur.com/a/gpleb
More
Show Image

All of your boards look so cool :o

Nice!!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1979 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:21:16 »
Upside down right FN? :p
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1980 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:25:36 »

I'm known to turn my entire bottom row around from time to time.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tototo

« Reply #1981 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 01:23:54 »

Yah, for comfort and touchy feely. Usually do the same with space but forgot at the time.
PokerII.ahk | Ducky G2Pro TKLDucky MiniPoker II, Ergodox ClassicErgodox Full hand | For sale: KBT Pure ProDucky YYY TKL

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1982 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:25:36 »

Yah, for comfort and touchy feely. Usually do the same with space but forgot at the time.

Interesting. ^^^

Flipped spacebar for life.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline ironic moustache

« Reply #1983 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 06:41:08 »
Don't have a Poker 2 to show yet (it's still completely stock at the moment), but just popping in to say that the last few posts made me flip my spacebar and, well... it feels good. Very good.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1984 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 07:16:39 »
Don't have a Poker 2 to show yet (it's still completely stock at the moment), but just popping in to say that the last few posts made me flip my spacebar and, well... it feels good. Very good.

:thumb:

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1985 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 01:49:22 »
Having some fun with Cherry doubleshots while I wait for Penumbra. Anyone have a Cherry-profile Moogle kit for sale or know where I can buy one?

flipped spacebar for life!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1986 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:06:49 »
Having some fun with Cherry doubleshots while I wait for Penumbra. Anyone have a Cherry-profile Moogle kit for sale or know where I can buy one?
Show Image

Tinlong117 is running a GB for GMK WoB modifiers right now.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1987 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:30:24 »
Show Image

Much obliged! Now to debate if it's worth $52 to complete this set  :eek:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1988 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:31:38 »
Show Image

Much obliged! Now to debate if it's worth $52 to complete this set  :eek:

He said he's going to tweak the price a bit. :)

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #1989 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 12:20:19 »
Poker 2, MX red, Tex aluminium case, GuiFN custom keycaps from WASDkeyboards.com

See this post about the GuiFN layout: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57723.0

63101-0

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1990 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:50:40 »
Love that case.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1991 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 15:45:29 »
Signature Plastics Crap/Grab bag turned out to be useful! I found a special flipped Alt key (sitting in the FN spot), a flipped Win key for symmetry, and a caps lock to go with the Cherry Doubleshots:

Now I just gotta rectify that spacebar...

Poker 2, MX red, Tex aluminium case, GuiFN custom keycaps from WASDkeyboards.com

See this post about the GuiFN layout: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57723.0

(Attachment Link)

This turned out really great looking and the new layout is very intriguing... will definitely be reading up on it!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1992 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 08:12:30 »

Much obliged! Now to debate if it's worth $52 to complete this set  :o

He said he's going to tweak the price a bit. :)

I think the cost is steeped for what you may get.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1993 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 19:27:04 »
I added a set of IMSTO Thick PBT Dark Grey Blanks as modifiers to my MX-White Poker.

MX-White Poker X As Of 2014-05-08 by cpkey, on Flickr

Since getting the original IMSTO Blanks, I’ve never been thrilled with the modifiers and always wanted to get a set of grey blanks. I came across one one eBay and snatched it up.

Why didn’t I like the original IMSTO blanks? Well, the modifers were more tan, than grey for starters. The other problem was that the caps lock was in the wrong color and didn’t match. The miss matched color issue didn’t bother me much because I like the “\” key to match the modifers.

Overall, I’m liking the change, but I wish the grey was a little bit lighter, but I still think this is a change for the better. Ultimately, I think I'll go back to the original white blanks for the alphas and force myself to get used to typing on blanks for the numeric row.

I’m prone to tweak this keyboard some more, here’s the rundown on what it is today.
  • Poker X PCB from iMav’s DIY GB
  • Cherry MX-White Switches
  • White Switch Stickers
  • Costar Stabilizers (plate mounted)
  • The_Beast Poker Suit Stainless Steel Plate
  • MKC Aluminum 60% Case in Claret Red
  • IMSTO Thick PBT Cyrillic Key Caps
  • IMSTO Thick PBT Dark Grey Blank Key Caps
  • 40-A O-Rings on Esc, Backspace and Spacebar

Offline sulonen

« Reply #1994 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 00:10:10 »
Potato pics follow.

Standard, red Cherry MX with green backlights:
64332-0

64334-1

Interesting board:
64336-2

Cherry MX clears:
64338-3

LED test (I picked white):
64340-4

Nicer to type on, nicer to stare at in the dark:
64342-5
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 May 2014, 00:40:52 by sulonen »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1995 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 02:58:22 »

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1996 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 05:04:31 »
Here's one of mine.  Love my Pokers.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Absolutely beautiful!

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1997 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 05:10:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

:thumb: Classy  :thumb:

I can't wait to get a aluminum case for my Poker.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1998 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 05:11:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

:thumb: Classy  :thumb:

I can't wait to get a aluminum case for my Poker.

Thank you. =) Yeah, Poker 2's definitely need metal cases.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1999 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 13:03:34 »
Fantastic keyset epzy! :)

Potato shot.. I am back to using my Poker X. Added Costar Stabs to the spacebar, Hyperfuse DCS set, GMK spacebar. Also new EC1 eVo mouse in the photo.