Author Topic: Post your LightSaver keyboard photos!  (Read 155973 times)

Offline xauser

Re: Post your LightSaver keyboard photos!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 18:06:18 »
Added basic led/backlight support. Have fun.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 18:07:22 »

You still haven't explained why you chose to go with alternative software :)

P.S.: Ah missed the post where you did!
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 20:17:02 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 20:08:13 »

You still haven't explained why you chose to go with alternative software :)

I generally support TMK firmware anyway :D
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 19 March 2014, 20:21:10 »

Cool  :thumb:  Added link to the OP!

edit: hopefully the info in the OP is clear enough...  If there's more stuff you want added, let me know!
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 March 2014, 20:28:41 by Photoelectric »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:22:20 »
I finally got my screws in the mail and can start programming and using my lightsaver.

For anyone who wants new or different screws: I had to get 300, but they were super cheap. They work well. I am told that the provided screws aren't the best.

If you want a replacement set of screws from me, I will provide them FOC to anyone who PM's me about it. Each lightsaver requires 10, and I have 280 remaining.

Once my LEDs arrive, I'll post pictures. I'm still deciding what keycaps to put on the 6 upper right buttons. I may end up with blank cherry POM from a DAS II.

Right now, I've run into the same issue with actually saving or exporting firmwares using the 02 software. I'll keep trying. Gotta have mah hardware Dvorak layout!
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&prev=_dd&u=http%3A%2F%2Fduck0113.tistory.com%2F84

Edit:
the 300 screws I got are hard to install as they are nonmagnetic. Excellent quality though.

My second set (of 10) just arrived and they are very magnetic for easier installation. They appear to be slightly less nice and are hex instead of torx.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 March 2014, 18:42:47 by dorkvader »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:25:20 »
Yes, that issue is annoying, but you can go around it by creating a copy of a .hex file and then overwriting that copy when saving.  Instead of saving a new file, when you overwrite an old one, somehow the path to it gets recognized properly.  That's the workaround I found so far.

Also I'd recommend dorkvader's screws, as my stock set seems to just turn indefinitely and threading seems a bit off as a result.  <-- please ignore this, apparently my screwdriver did not work as I thought it worked...  a new one proved this wrong.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:57:13 by Photoelectric »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:26:24 »
So are you like, the only one that actually has a Lightsaver? I haven't seen anyone else post one :P

I was supposed to get one, but you know... sherry and all... yea....

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:26:47 »
So are you like, the only one that actually has a Lightsaver? I haven't seen anyone else post one :P

LOL that's what I was saying.
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 18:29:26 »
I know of myself, xauser, dorkvader, bianco, and one other person who PM'd me with questions about assembly.  Dorkvader ordered a few kits, I think.  There were under 15 total ordered from Sherry, I think, as he said there were some cancellations.  I'm guessing some people are just not posting.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 22 March 2014, 19:58:32 »

I was supposed to get one, but you know... sherry and all... yea....

My money wasn't good enough for sherry. He literally would not take my money  :confused:

I would still love to buy/trade for one.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 13:03:25 »
  Dorkvader ordered a few kits, I think. 
To clarify, There were supposed to be three. Mine and two for other Gh'ers. Of those two, one cancelled his order, and I never heard back from the other guy.

I totally posted pictures of mine! They're even on the first page! I'm typing on it now using the stock firmware converted to Dvorak layout. I'm just waiting on diodes for more pictures.

Yes, that issue is annoying, but you can go around it by creating a copy of a .hex file and then overwriting that copy when saving.  Instead of saving a new file, when you overwrite an old one, somehow the path to it gets recognized properly.  That's the workaround I found so far.
Thanks for the tip: I will try this.

Edit: it worked. I just moved a file into the working directory and it autodetected it. I then wrote over it and the new file is a different size. I haven't tried it yet though.

So you didn't pay for all three and have two extra right?
No; I paid for and received one unit.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 March 2014, 04:00:45 by dorkvader »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 13:40:04 »
So you didn't pay for all three and have two extra right?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:13:33 »
Someone sell me this board, or release another one ASAP!
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:22:53 »

I think I saw a Round 2 mentioned with a different case can't remember what thread it was in.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:24:14 »

I think I saw a Round 2 mentioned with a different case can't remember what thread it was in.

I know someone stated that a V2 was possible in the Orion thread I believe, or the talk about the Duck Viper/Eagle just want it now. :(
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 09:24:34 »

Elton has mentioned in a few threads that he's doing LightSaver V2 before Viper. (Usually in that context, because so many people are excited about the Viper.)

Offline xauser

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 12:30:33 »
Lightsaber support was merged by hasu and is now an official part of the tmk_firmware.

I'm currently testing a new backlight patch that gives you full keymap control of all available led channels.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 14:26:25 »
Lightsaber support was merged by hasu and is now an official part of the tmk_firmware.

I'm currently testing a new backlight patch that gives you full keymap control of all available led channels.

This makes me want to get a lightsaver ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline Altuz

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 13:18:15 »
How do you use the new keymapper?
Generating the hex file give me an error :/

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 13:43:16 »

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:57:47 by Photoelectric »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 14:09:26 »

In addition to Photoelectric's workaround you can also give the file a very simple name like "keymap.hex" or "lightsaver.hex".

Offline Altuz

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 20:45:21 »
Thanks!
I managed to generate the hex file, but for some reason the arrow keys don't work :/
It shows as '?'s on the program

http://imgur.com/Sm215bK

Edit:
Ahhhh, I'll just use the old keymapping software.
I'll post pictures once I get my Raindrop keycaps, it is ugly right now D:
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 April 2014, 20:58:27 by Altuz »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:35:16 »
The arrows show up as ??? but they get programmed properly anyway.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:36:51 »

In addition to Photoelectric's workaround you can also give the file a very simple name like "keymap.hex" or "lightsaver.hex".

For me, it was a path error, regardless of name.  It was trying to save in a directory it could not find, as far as I could see from the error message.  So overwriting another file was going around the path error.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:42:19 »

For me, it was a path error, regardless of name.  It was trying to save in a directory it could not find, as far as I could see from the error message.  So overwriting another file was going around the path error.

Gotcha. For me and one other user in the Orion GB thread removing dashes, underscores, and spaces from the filename allowed it to save.

Offline Altuz

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 23:41:53 »
The arrows show up as ??? but they get programmed properly anyway.

There must be something wrong with mine, it doesn't program to arrow keys for me :/

Offline Ronnn

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 09:27:29 »
Do you know the name of the two tone red font keycaps in the More photographs? Where can I buy it? I know the blue font one is from imsto(http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18003469710). The base sets of those two seem to be same. But the modifiers are different.
BTW, is imsto the only place to buy this keycap set?
Thank you for you help!  :)

Let's do this!  Some of us have already received our kits, and many are going to be working on theirs soon.  This keyboard has lots of layout options, so I'm very excited to see what everyone decides on doing with their LightSaver :D

LightSaver is a tray-style aluminum keyboard by Duck with a TK-style PCB and LOTS of layout options!  For Duck's official photo website, see here:

http://duck0113.tistory.com/66

Show Image

More photographs:
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

There are 5 lighting modes (mode 5 is for side LEDs).  The modes are called "L1", "L2", "L3", "L4", and "L5" in the original firmware, for key programming purposes.  Before you do any reprogramming, by default the modes can be activated as follows:

So the led control by default is the top right most button plus 1 through 5. The button to the top right side of backspace turns the lights on the bottom of the pcb on and off and so does the led toggle + 5.

Update! New firmware: http://duck0113.tistory.com/84 (select "Download  :  02D_KeyMapper_Custom_v1.3.240.exe", use the OTD Lightsaver custom profile)
- user-defined debounce values
- a dozen different reactive modes and even more with their combinations
- macros, polling rate change, 4 separately programmable layout layers, etc.
- read carefully in Google Chrome using automatic translation option, it's actually very readable in the English translation

- Notes on reprogramming:
More
To reprogram, look at this KMAC programming guide for reference--it's basically the same, except that to enter bootloader, unplug your LightSaver, press and hold the Flip key while plugging the USB cable back in.  The Flip key is seen here:

Show Image

(it's the right-side 1x key above Backspace)

Modify existing keymap XML file in an XML editor, save it as XML, load it into TrueKeyMapper software to check that everything looks correct, generate a HEX file (you can do it from the KeyMapper), open Flip, enter bootloader mode, reprogram.

- Notes about LED modes:
More
by default, they are on Function Layer #3, which means press the MFN button 3 times in a quick succession to get to the 3rd function layer, and on the third time hold it and press a number associated with the area on the keyboard you want illuminated (alternatively, if you bind FN3 to some key, press FN3 + number)

1 = Function row LEDs
2 = Modifiers + number row
3 = Alphas
4 = Numpad
5 = Side LEDs

To cycle through different lighting modes, you can press those keys repeatedly.  For example holding down FN3 (or having pressed MFN 3 times and holding it), you can keep pressing "3" to cycle through lighting modes for the alphas.  Here are the lighting modes, in a cycle:

• All ON
  • All OFF
  • Breathing with longer dark periods
  • Breathing with short dark periods (basically the opposite of the other kind of breathing, if you want to have 2 sections breathing exactly out of sync)
  • Reactive ON (off until you push a key, then that section turns on briefly at maximum set brightness)
  • Reactive OFF (on until you push a key, then that section turns off briefly)
  • Breathing mode where speed varies based on typing speed--starts off breathing quickly then slows dramatically until you begin typing
  • Breathing mode where speed varies based on typing speed--reverse of the above (breathing out of sync)
  • OFF until you begin typing, then the section turns on gradually the faster you type.  Fades back to off once you stop typing.

LED brightness level can be varied with LED D[ow]N and LED UP keys, on the same function layer #3 by default

- Command Mode (C/M) key allows you to enter into the programming mode, where you can set stuff like debounce values

- Note about the top right LED blinking every 2 seconds - it's on purpose, read here:
More
The blinking LED shows you which layer you are in.  It's called "Layer Status."  There are 4 layers on the keyboard, so if the light blinks once every 2 seconds, it means Layer 1 is activated.  3 quick blinks means that you're in Layer 3, etc.

There are 2 modes in which that LED can be:  either blinking every 2 seconds to let you know which layer you are in at all times or you can change it to only show you the layer number when changing into that layer, and then that LED will remain off until the next layer change.  To switch between these two modes:

LLB: default LED Blink mode (every 2 seconds)
LLN: "Normal" LED mode (off until changing layers)

• Enter Control Mode (press the C/M button); the Layer Status LED should be lit now without blinking
  • type LLN (or LLB) and press Enter
  • Exit Control Mode by pressing Esc

Older LightSaver Firmware: http://duck0113.tistory.com/71
Older LightSaver Keymapper Software: http://duck0113.tistory.com/75

Alternative TMK firmware by xauser: https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard

Sherryton's group buy discussion thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50036.0

Screws: the 10 little screws you need to attach the plate to the case are size M2 in Torx T6 with a 0.4mm pitch (called "coarse" or "normal") and 5mm length.  If your set is missing screws, please see this post by dorkvader--he ordered a large batch for himself that seems to fit better than stock screws I got with my kit.

Stabilizers: it appears that you need PCB-mounted Cherry stabilizers for this keyboard.  You can source them from mouser.com and newark.com and such.  Simple Questions Simple Answers thread has some notes about them in the first post.

The Side LEDs are 3.5mm x 2.8mm in size (3528 or 1411 package size).
All LED resistors appear to be 470 Ohm variety.

PLEASE NOTE when installing LEDs, polarity is not indicated on the PCB, but it's the standard + on the right, - on the left, when looking at the PCB from the top (not from the bottom).  BUT, if you're doing a 1.5x modifier layout on the bottom row, note that the LEDs for the right-side Alt/GUI/Ctrl should be reversed in orientation to - / +.

Show Image

Show Image

Offline WinterIsle

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 01:17:59 »
There must be something wrong with mine, it doesn't program to arrow keys for me :/
if u are using o2d, the arrow keys will not work by directly mapped it, this is one the bug that it had.

Here's 2 simple solution that i tried:
1. Load TrueKeyMapper, set the dedicated arrow keys at the keys u wanted, then generate the hex file and open the hex file using o2d to further keymapping.

2. Locate a "num lock" in a layer that u want with arow keys, map that arrow keys with number keypad 4 8 6 and 2, toggle num lock to enable your arrow keys.

And as Photoelectric stated, the arrow keys in o2d are shown as ? mark instead of left up right down.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 April 2014, 01:19:59 by WinterIsle »

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 03:59:16 »

Lubed linear switches (Dark Grays on the top row, sprit 62g gold Reds elsewhere)
Blue LEDs with SIP Sockets
aboStudio transparent switch covers

Procrastinated the build for like four months, haha. Flashing the firmware is simple, and I was pleasantly surprised to find how awesome the LED modes are.

I'm not really liking how BSP caps play with LEDs, round or 2x3x4 (bottoming out isn't as crisp as if there were no LEDs).. though that's not at all the fault of this board. Other keysets work fine. In any case, I'll continue playing around with this to get things to feel just right.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 May 2014, 04:27:40 by cgbuen »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 11:36:10 »
Show Image

Lubed linear switches (Dark Grays on the top row, sprit 62g gold Reds elsewhere)

Procrastinated the build for like four months, haha. Flashing the firmware is simple, and I was pleasantly surprised to find how awesome the LED modes are.

I'm not really liking how BSP caps play with LEDs, round or 2x3x4 (bottoming out isn't as crisp as if there were no LEDs).. though that's not at all the fault of this board. Other keysets work fine. In any case, I'll continue playing around with this to get things to feel just right.

WOW Damn! That's a great looking really clean board!! Congrats! :D

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 22:00:06 »
Show Image

Looks great--thank you for sharing!!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 22:44:44 »
Show Image

Great job CG, blue leds fit well with the silver case.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 01:21:56 »
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I got the board (V1) from sherry recently and looking into assembling it this weekend, as all the parts have finally been sourced. I have two queries...

How do you attach the plate to the case with the screws, Like it says in the info in the OP? It seems to me that the screws are not long enough to reach from plate to the case and the holes are too big, am I being thick somehow?

Also I would like to get the layout that I have seen on ducks website and recently has been posted in V2 groupbuy. I am talking about the original Dolch layout with the arrow keys sandwiched between the numpad and the mods. Is this possible with the V1? What kind of config will I be looking at for the bottom row mods then?

It would really help me out if someone could explain these to me... Its my first custom board and I wanna get everything right :D And of course I'll make sure to post once its complete!

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 03:23:27 »
Thanks guys!

The screws aren't to screw down the plate, they're to screw down the PCB. So whether you use the plate or not, everything will be attached.. And I believe the 1800-style layout with the arrow keys are new to the V2 PCB/plate.

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 03:30:37 »
The screws aren't to screw down the plate, they're to screw down the PCB. So whether you use the plate or not, everything will be attached.. And I believe the 1800-style layout with the arrow keys are new to the V2 PCB/plate.

I see, thats what confused me.

Screws: the 10 little screws you need to attach the plate to the case are size M2 in Torx T6 with a 0.4mm pitch (called "coarse" or "normal") and 5mm length.  If your set is missing screws, please see this post by dorkvader--he ordered a large batch for himself that seems to fit better than stock screws I got with my kit.

Well thats a pity about the 1800 layout, I thought I saw some old pics from V1 on duck's website with it, I guess it was something else.

Thanks cgbuen! :thumb:

Offline feizor

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 08:31:43 »
Show Image

How did you make the LED's light up so evenly? Is it the clear switch covers?

Offline two4teezee

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 16:40:45 »

That's interesting. On my Orion I tried out flat-top 3mm LEDs and my keys did not bottom out, although with round 3mm LEDs they would/do. I think part of the problem is that the switch is mounted with the LED facing the user, whereas there is more  vertical space under the keys away from the user. Honestly the only thing I'd change about the board design.

How do you like the 62g springs in your reds? I have red in my Orion and I love it. I think I might do the SIP socket mod for the next KB I put together (probably a Duck Eagle).

How did you make the LED's light up so evenly? Is it the clear switch covers?

Also interested in hearing how you feel these switch covers may make a difference. With the flat top LEDs I definitely got very even backlighting, again at the cost of not bottoming out (at least with the current keyset I have on there, a WASD one; Vortex keys seemed fine).

Offline bianco

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 08:26:20 »
after months getting it, finally found time to assemble my light saver v1.
mx clears with 67g springs and transparent switch tops, no LED (yet), hyperfuse dsa keycaps
thanks for the help Elton and Photoelectric (and also for the helpful 'how to setup' and faq).

looking forward to getting the v2 pcb and plates, i hope they fit and mounting screws match the v1 case

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 13:33:03 »
mx clears with 67g springs and transparent switch tops, no LED (yet), hyperfuse dsa keycaps
thanks for the help Elton and Photoelectric (and also for the helpful 'how to setup' and faq).

looking forward to getting the v2 pcb and plates, i hope they fit and mounting screws match the v1 case
Show Image

Show Image

Very nice. :O I can't wait to receive mine guessing that won't be till July with shipping and customs.
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:35:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

Thank you for sharing!  Looks really nice!  Silver Lightsaver is best Lightsaver (j/k  ;D)  The screws should be M2 and I think "normal" or "coarse" threading, if you want to try ordering some extras.  I believe the screws that were included originally have the wrong threading type. (They are correct!)
P.S.: that's an interesting numpad layout!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:58:47 by Photoelectric »

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 16:51:32 »
Got my lightsaver assembled recently. Still have to add LEDs when I decide on the layout and colours.

66184-0
Improvised lubing and stickering station.
66182-1
66186-2
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:00:42 by MrChunky »

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:03:40 »
66188-0
66190-1
66192-2

The black on white is original cherry from Pacifist, not in good condition unfortunately unlike promised. Will have to wait for granite or IMSTO set to arrive, whichever comes first.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:26:25 »
Cool--bunch of freshly assembled LightSavers recently  :thumb:  I bet Graphite would look excellent on this keyboard--two-tone sets in general.

Offline bianco

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:38:18 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice. :O I can't wait to receive mine guessing that won't be till July with shipping and customs.

thanks! good luck!
i hope to get the v2 soon too, really want the new arrow cluster arrangement.

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you for sharing!  Looks really nice!  Silver Lightsaver is best Lightsaver (j/k  ;D)  The screws should be M2 and I think "normal" or "coarse" threading, if you want to try ordering some extras.  I believe the screws that were included originally have the wrong threading type.
P.S.: that's an interesting numpad layout!

thanks! i may be biased but i agree with you, silver is the best light saver (and i'm not kidding!  :)))
thanks for the info on the screws. although i was thinking about the mounting holes in the v2 pcb and plate being the same as the v1 case.
as i didn't manage to get the full v2 kit, i'm hoping that the v2 pcb and plates that i ordered can fit in the v1 case and just swap them out.
yes, i wanted to squeeze in the arrow cluster and numpad in there without them being in different layers... easier to get around excel  ;D

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 00:40:26 »
Touched up my LightSaver today: swapped side LEDs to aqua and in-switch LEDs to turquoise + blue (alternating rows) and red for indicator LEDs + Function.

Plus some re-programming, and it's back to being my main keyboard  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 00:42:17 by Photoelectric »

Offline cphead

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 00:49:45 »
Touched up my LightSaver today: swapped side LEDs to aqua and in-switch LEDs to turquoise + blue (alternating rows) and red for indicator LEDs + Function.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Blue and red color scheme = the best  :thumb:

Where does one acquire such a shade of blue?  ;)

Offline bianco

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 01:12:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

looks awesome! great looking board Photoelectric
do you mind sharing the specs/link of the side LEDs that you used?
thanks in advance

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 02:12:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where do you get turquoise LEDs?
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline redskull

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:00:08 »
Show Image

nice...

where did you get that bsp set bro?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:43:40 »
Those keycaps are GMK's ABS doubleshots from a WEY, with some doubleshots from an 1800, a few BSP Royal-Alpha typewriter PBT and ABS caps, and some CMYK.

The aqua and turquoise LEDs are from taobao, blue and red--from eBay.  The LED spec is pretty much nonexistent there (generally very few parameters listed, and sometimes you get a brightness value, which I've learned does not mean much...), so I got some SMD ones to experiment with in 3528 size: magenta and aqua-blue.  They are not as bright as the original red ones, but I like the watery shade.  Almost used magenta at first.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:47:09 by Photoelectric »