Author Topic: Official League of Legends GH Thread  (Read 1028910 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Re: Official League of Legends GH Thread
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 14:48:51 »
Love watching people debate on what item you should get. It's like watching tryhards everywhere.

I don't mind debating on things like that. It's really a good way to learn new things and I like theorycrafting in general. Also, why play a game if you're not gonna try to be good at it while having fun?

I think the only people who don't tryhard are under Gold and D1 diamond where it takes over 60-70~ games for the challenger promo,

His attitude is a horrible outlook on life, successful people try hard at everything they do in life. And always want to be the best at what they do, even if it's just a game. But yeah, that is a fun build ^^. Do you watch streams?

I feel if you like twitch you will enjoy Varus/Vayne as well, both have that similar burst

Yeah, I watch OFG Saiph, Wingsofdeathx, Chaox, TheOddOne, and Saintvicious mostly.

Once I get to the point where I'm comfortable with roaming on Twitch I'll prob practice some others. What's your IGN?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 14:49:06 »
Count me in.

lazerpointer is my handle on LoL as well.

I'm open to some sort of tournament as well - it seems there's enough GHers to do one. I'd like to see where I land when it's all said and done  :cool:

Edit;
Wait, there are different servers you can join? Not sure which one I am in.... Idk, North American?
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Rendom

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 01:26:02 »
Love watching people debate on what item you should get. It's like watching tryhards everywhere.

I don't mind debating on things like that. It's really a good way to learn new things and I like theorycrafting in general. Also, why play a game if you're not gonna try to be good at it while having fun?

I think the only people who don't tryhard are under Gold and D1 diamond where it takes over 60-70~ games for the challenger promo,

His attitude is a horrible outlook on life, successful people try hard at everything they do in life. And always want to be the best at what they do, even if it's just a game. But yeah, that is a fun build ^^. Do you watch streams?

I feel if you like twitch you will enjoy Varus/Vayne as well, both have that similar burst

I would love to see you guys reaching competitive scene in, lets say.. 1 year? 

What I see is, 2 people who claims that they played with the best, and tried to copy its build. In MOBA, you don't just copy people's build in every game, it's where you come up with ideas and actually make it successful. It's like telling people to ward specific places every game, it won't work, like missalaire said, you need to look at the situation, each wards will work depending on how the game goes, with that said, not copying every ward position every game, doing the same thing over and over again. Innovative, and successful, you've said it, now I want to see you playing at the biggest stage.

Now seriously, I can't comment on what you guys build since I don't play the game anymore, and not really good in it, even if I do, I wouldn't comment simply because it is a sign that I feel like I'm "too good" in this game, and I will argue and debate on what I disagree with simply with what people buy. I have just recently went back to play LoL again after playing competitively in Dota 2, I can't play a single game where there's not even a single person commenting on how I build my champions, I just don't get it. Watching streams will make you improve, yes, but that's minority improvement, it all depends on yourself to play the game to make the improvement instead of copying what other people are doing.

Just my 2 cents, love tryhards thinks they're good just because they're in some ranks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2013, 01:38:26 by Rendom »
QFR - MX Blue

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:44:06 »

What I see is, 2 people who claims that they played with the best, and tried to copy its build. In MOBA, you don't just copy people's build in every game, it's where you come up with ideas and actually make it successful. It's like telling people to ward specific places every game, it won't work, like missalaire said, you need to look at the situation, each wards will work depending on how the game goes, with that said, not copying every ward position every game, doing the same thing over and over again. Innovative, and successful, you've said it, now I want to see you playing at the biggest stage.

Now seriously, I can't comment on what you guys build since I don't play the game anymore, and not really good in it, even if I do, I wouldn't comment simply because it is a sign that I feel like I'm "too good" in this game, and I will argue and debate on what I disagree with simply with what people buy. I have just recently went back to play LoL again after playing competitively in Dota 2, I can't play a single game where there's not even a single person commenting on how I build my champions, I just don't get it. Watching streams will make you improve, yes, but that's minority improvement, it all depends on yourself to play the game to make the improvement instead of copying what other people are doing.

Just my 2 cents, love tryhards thinks they're good just because they're in some ranks.

It isn't tryhard to try to criticize.

I'm in med school, so I don't have time for gaming, but I try my best when I do play. I probably can't afford to take off time from school to play professionally again, I did back in sophomore/junior year of college.

I was in the professional SC2 scene briefly in North America 2 years prior, so I do have some minor lan experience. But no, I was not good enough to move to Korea and become some SC2 god if that is your comeback.

I admit, no one really takes criticism well even if it is constructive, I also admit compared to Korea the North American and European scene is a joke. While people can criticize what you build,  self-assessment of what you could have done better matters more. Every game you should strive to be a little bit better until you get there.

Sorry I guess my original comment did sound tryhard, but it was how I perceived the game to be played
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2013, 06:04:50 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline missalaire

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 10:33:32 »

Just because we were debating, discussing things, and have the attitude that we want to do well in our games doesn't mean we expect to become a competitive LoL player lol. I don't just try to copy people's builds every game either or build the same way every time. I consider myself to be a semi-hardcore gamer when it comes to online games (especially MMORPGs) so I am going to have the mindset to want to be good while making the most of my play time. You just took things to a whole nother level lol.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Rendom

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 00:54:13 »
I understand. So I went to the PAX 2013 in Melbourne today, and I got some codes. Are they locked to Regions? If not I have Arcade Sona, Full Metal Rammus and Riot Graves code to give out. PM me if someone is interested.

Tested that it does not work for NA. I don't play in Oceania, so if anyones interested and plays Oceania. Lelt me know.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 July 2013, 01:09:02 by Rendom »
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 01:14:39 »
I have been lurking this thread to see if there is other oce people at gh. I play almost every other day. I dont tend to play those champs so I dont care much for the codes. If you have trouble passing them on I have a few friends who would love them. I also believe pax melb codes expire in 1 week.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 01:15:46 »
I have been lurking this thread to see if there is other oce people at gh. I play almost every other day. I dont tend to play those champs so I dont care much for the codes. If you have trouble passing them on I have a few friends who would love them. I also believe pax melb codes expire in 1 week.

5 days after the event, let me know if anyones interested. I don't play NA much, and definitely not Oceania even when I play.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 01:27:53 »
If no one wants the codes with a day left on the expiry, send them my way i will find them a home.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 04:12:13 »
I have way over a thousand games, and I swear the more I play the worse I get. Season 1 - gold, close to platinum. Season 2 - silver. Season 3 - who cares anymore? no, no, it's fine guys, IT'S FINE!

Offline missalaire

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:15:12 »

Offline missalaire

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 14:41:18 »
:D

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 15:38:46 »
I would play league again if they added a change in scenery instead of just adding champs over and over

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 16:34:47 »
yearn (na)
yearnd (na)

also i have played with a very FAMILIAR ign named metafour so not sure if coincidence

Offline mauri

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 17:57:46 »
Summer Glau, Deanna Russo and Allison Scagliot on euw tho I rarely play anymore ^^
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 11:53:19 »
I'm "xtd rarar" On NA, if someone wants to add me! I'm just learning so someone I know to help me out would be awesome!
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 12:09:25 »
IGN: wpGrizwald
Server: NA

Think I hit silver this season (S3) and decayed to bronze.  Granted I don't play SR, anymore.

Mostly playing Dominion games now (shameless Dominate Dominion plug) - with a few ARAM/TT matches thrown in.

Feel free to add me in game.  Usually play a few games every night once the kids are asleep.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2013, 12:11:05 by wiredPANDA »
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline missalaire

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 13:52:57 »
Just finished my promotion series into Gold V :)

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 15:47:18 »
Congrats on the promo.

That Sej jungle got wrecked hard.

Offline hlw_rocer

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 20:37:59 »
hlwrocer if you want to add me to the list ^^

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 20:55:12 »
gratz GGWP

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 00:29:07 »
gratz, maybe we duo sometime on my other account

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 01:27:35 »
Reworked Yi has completely broken the game. I'm not playing until they patch him, because unmitigated true damage simply wins every match. GG Riot.

Offline vsdubstep

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 10:15:47 »
Yi is not that OP, but people kinda forgot the terror of AD YI. Except now he has nice q scalings for lategame carrymode. Gotta end the game fast before yi farms up and is a threat :P. Also bring lotsa CC

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 10:27:51 »
Has the rework removed the ability to AP Yi?  Or did it just resurrect AD Yi?

Can't say I've read much into the rework.

Offline vsdubstep

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 10:32:59 »
They removed ap yi and added ad scalings to alpha strike. They also nerfed wuju styles early game but buffed late game. Also wuju style gives true damage, which mitigates ad yi from committing suicide onto thornmail

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 10:34:32 »
Glad that Yi is back to his routes of AD, but AP will sadly be missed.  Especially for some bot-lane Dominion.

Offline vsdubstep

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 10:36:38 »
AP Yi had some stupid sustain, so I'm glad it's gone. AD YI 4 LYFE

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:15:47 »
Just played a game where our Yi won the game single handedly 1v4(one on the enemy team was afk.) We took down the towers, but on his request backed away during teamfights, and he proceeded to go 6-3 for the 9 teamfights he fought alone that were 1v4. If that's not OP as ****, then I'm a jelly jam duckling trombone from Ebonia.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:17:47 by noisyturtle »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:31:42 »
Just played a game where our Yi won the game single handedly 1v4(one on the enemy team was afk.) We took down the towers, but on his request backed away during teamfights, and he proceeded to go 6-3 for the 9 teamfights he fought alone that were 1v4. If that's not OP as ****, then I'm a jelly jam duckling trombone from Ebonia.

imo Fiora is overall stronger than Yi, especially when you go Fiora vs. Yi. You shouldn't be losing trades at all if you W when Yi tries to trade/poke with Q, then you can chase him as he tries to disengage or just fight him. I've been playing Taric top recently and he's also pretty strong against Yi.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 00:54:47 »
This skin is so full of swag :)

Offline Sniping

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 01:04:09 »
How much did you pay for that?  :eek:

Offline missalaire

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 00:40:36 »
How much did you pay for that?  :eek:

I bought a skin code from a while back for cheap and was saving it to possibly flip for profit, but decided to use it instead.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:07:43 »
The skin that i wanted since the start... too bad I didnt make it to pax09
If you find a legit code for cheap<< Hook it up plz

Offline missalaire

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:34:57 »
The skin that i wanted since the start... too bad I didnt make it to pax09
If you find a legit code for cheap<< Hook it up plz

What do you consider "cheap"?

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:43:01 »
2 digit would be nice :)

Offline missalaire

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:13:58 »

In USD? I don't think that's even possible to come by anymore.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:23:42 »

In USD? I don't think that's even possible to come by anymore.

Darn it :( guess its back to the heart of the cards.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:24:56 »
I remember a while ago someone put a pax jax and sivir on ebay, and just took a straight up picture of them without covering the codes. Ahhh, funny.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:28:37 »
Anyone up for some game right now?! hehehe

Offline lanlav123

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:45:48 »
My ign is furykilIer and i play on europe nordic and east :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:55:17 »
Lateesha (NA)
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline missalaire

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 20:56:46 »
http://www.twitch.tv/missalaire

Smurfing on some low level accounts with friends.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 17:06:06 »
Anyone want some free elo? Looking for a bronze elo account on NA that I can smurf on. PM me info if interested.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 17:14:47 »
Ashe Ketchum (NA)

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 17:30:38 »
Damasee (NA)

Offline missalaire

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 22:17:26 »
Playing some norms with friends.

http://www.twitch.tv/missalaire

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 20:54:22 »
I created a chatroom on NA - join up.  Room name is:

geekhack

Alright - off to more dominion games.  Playing on this macbook is painful.  Wish my desktop video didn't go out.  =(

Offline Funnionz

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 13:08:49 »
Anyone on Oceanic?? Long shot i guess :(

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 20:24:50 »
Yeah I am.