Author Topic: wolfenstein hype  (Read 11509 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
wolfenstein hype
« on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:17:48 »
Where my old school pc gaming buds at? I'm really looking forward to this, coming in May. Anyone in the Doom Beta?

http://www.wolfenstein.com

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: wolfenstein hype
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:39:05 »
This might suck though ... if it follows the trends that recent classic revivals and reboots have set.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 20:41:30 »
This might suck though ... if it follows the trends that recent classic revivals and reboots have set.

I dunno, with Bethesda behind the wheel I'd say it has a good chance, I'm stoked for it.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 21:03:22 »
I'm definitely waiting for "our man Blaskowitz" to make a comeback.  It's not a reboot, since it's definitely a sequel to the WWII game, since it takes place in an imaginary 1960. 
One thing though, I don't get how BJ is still so young in 1960, when he was about that same age in 1944, but w/e, I will never get tired of killing Nazi's. (maybe he froze in the ice like Steve Rogers & Bucky Barnes?)  Also, it would have been cooler for BJ to come back in 1979, in New York City.  But I don't make the games, I just play them.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 21:15:00 »

One thing though, I don't get how BJ is still so young in 1960, when he was about that same age in 1944, but w/e

lol, good one..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 21:44:00 »
Might be interesting, but I haven't played the previous Wolfenstein one yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 10:49:04 »
I tried the over ten years old Return to Castle Wolfenstein demo yesterday, but it did not work under Windows 7 .. :(

Offline morpheus

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 11:29:42 »
Loved the original.

I don't game anymore, but this looks pretty fun.
The horror factor from the first one was pretty awesome though.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 11:50:51 »
I liked the last one Raven did, but I worry about a game that has its 'pre-order for Doom beta' logos pinned all over it...

Offline archer

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 12:08:45 »
I hope this game is much, MUCH better than the last Wolfenstein game, "Wolfenstein". It felt like an awful CoD reskin (iron sights in a Wolfenstein game.. *smh*).

IMO, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the perfect FPS. The story was great, the game was fun, the gameplay mechanics were great and the competitive multiplayer side was the best (OSP!). It consumed many, many years of my life.

It's just a sad disappointment that The New Order won't have multiplayer.  :-[

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:00:40 »
Loved the original.

Original?  As in Wolfenstein 3D?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:02:48 »
enemy territory was fun  :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:05:35 »
The original has a special place in my heart.  Used to carry it around in my backpack in middle school on floppies and play it whenever I got a chance on school computers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:11:05 »
My father used to play the original - I found it a bit too cartoony after the original Doom came out.  When the first Quake came out I dropped everything else.

I did enjoy Return to Castle Wolfenstein though, replayed that a few times.

I tried Enemy Territory, but never really got into it.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 16:16:58 »
Quake and Doom also have their own special heart-compartments. <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:16:27 »
Doom 3 LOL short dark corridor, empty room, monster jumps out of a previously hidden cupboard, repeat.

:))

Hours of fun :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:18:37 »
Quake 2 is one of the best games ever made... god damn I love playing though that

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:35:39 »
Quake 2 is one of the best games ever made... god damn I love playing though that

The nice thing about replaying the olden games on newer hardware is that the levels load almost instantly!

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 18:26:52 »
Watched all three videos.
Twice.
I'm totally sold.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 22:26:12 »
Loved the original.

Yes, that one.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 22:28:48 »
Loved the original.

Yes, that one.

I should load the original on my dolch for funsies..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 22:30:45 »
Played that and played it, until Doom came out, then I just couldn't go back to the cartoony levels.

Played and played Doom, until Quake came out, then I just couldn't go back to the single layer levels.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 03:29:19 »
RtCW still has a small but devoted online community that plays cups which are also casted on Twitch (16 teams on the currentone).

I tried the over ten years old Return to Castle Wolfenstein demo yesterday, but it did not work under Windows 7 .. :(
No problem running RtCW on Win 7 here.

Loved the original.

Yes, that one.

L+M+I ;)

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 17:16:35 »
Relevant:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 06:18:36 »
I played the original to death because my system couldn't run Doom  :'(

I also played the ORIGINAL original a lot (Castle Wolfenstein, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Wolfenstein) on an Apple II.

I can hear the music and sound effects in my head right now... datatadaa-tatadaa-tata-daa-daaa

Doom was a decent upgrade, Quake was okay, but the 2 games that really changed things IMHO were Unreal and Half-Life.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline boradori007

• I'm trippin bear balls.
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 02:33:04 »
Last one was a disaster imo, hopefully this one will be better.

Offline arfink

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 01:46:52 »
This looks very promising. I'd love to see a game which doesn't make excessive use of "cover tactics" or iron sights. Or parkour. Bleh. I wanna run and gun! I've played a ton of FPS games, and nothing yet has quite had the "taste" of the old Quake series, or even of Doom. This looks like it'd be real fun though. ;)

Offline amigastar

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 18:13:03 »
Definitely hyped. If you want some real oldschool action Rise of Triad 2013 is on Steam sale now.
But i must admitt that the new Wolfenstein looks more polished.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 18:14:33 »
Last one was a disaster imo, hopefully this one will be better.

I actually liked it.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 19:05:58 »
How about the expensive collector's edition that doesn't include an actual copy of the game?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 04:22:32 »
i did like RTCW when I played it on the old Xbox, but I was more into UT99 and BF 1942 as soon as I got a chance to get on a PC
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 19:43:08 »
they recently posted a new trailer..

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 06:04:17 »
I saw that!
Makes me want to play it a bit more now.
 :thumb:

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:34:19 »
Allright, an opening half hour showing nazis in evil hats doing inexplicable **** for the sake of evil, then the rest of the game is lubed-rocket-skates 'n' gun.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:07:53 »
Viva la 90s

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:29:32 »
The trailers are looking pretty good, but I hope that the game play videos on youtube are done on a ps4/x-bone, because the graphics leave a bit to be desired.  I expect the pc to look better than that. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:12:21 »
I expect it will look about as good as Rage did as it is also on tech5 engine, with maybe some improvements on PC... well at least I hope they resolved the texture pop in / draw distance issues. So far it looks interesting and I will likely pick it up. Honestly I am more looking forward to a new Doom though.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:17:59 »
Loved the original.

Yes, that one.

LOL.  Do you guys remember back in the day, when they used to default the movement keys to the arrow keys?  That was crazy-bad.  We used to have to remap to WASD.  It took like 10 years for WASD to become the default.

Anyway, I need the new Wolfenstein game now.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 20:28:18 »
Wolf 3D is definitely one of my all time favorite games and the trailers are getting me pretty hyped. Haven't played an FPS in a long time, hoping it will be good! Return to castle wolf on xbox, played that but can't remember it being that good.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 06:47:46 »
I'm really looking forward to this game, you have no idea.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 06:57:10 »
This game IS going to suck. I presume correctly that there is not multi-player?

Bring back the good old days of Enemy Territory  :(

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 11:55:34 »

haha I never played that one. If you are looking for a nice single player fps it looks really promising, but yeah, it could suck. going in with no expectations for sure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:15:46 »
I don't think it's readily possible for the OG wolfenstein Gen to keep playing FPSes..

They'd be what.. 30-40 by now?

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:48:37 »
Ignore me, I'm dumb

Offline audioave10

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:18:34 »
I'll play this just because its a single-player FPS that's fairly long. I'm old gen and far more than 30-40.
 :))
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:06:17 »
If anyone out there happens to have a spare Doom beta code for PC, I've been told I give wonderful sensual massages  :-*

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:49:25 »

Ahhh.. the good ol' days of ET. I played the multiplayer for years, first ever FPS I really got into.. nothing has ever come close to competing with the #1 spot for me! Played on the same server online for like four years!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 08:14:11 »
There is no multiplayer

Therefore I'm going to buy it.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:34:01 »
Much hype around here - most railway stations have scrolling advertising banners, and many of them have Wolfenstein advertisements.  Strange - you don't get many computer games advertised in public places here.

Actually my first thought on seeing the posters was Gas Mask keycaps :))

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:43:22 »
There is no multiplayer

Therefore I'm going to buy it.

This.

It means the creator has solely focused on making a great game instead of multiplayer.