Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1949400 times)

Offline Elias Camber

Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #1150 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 14:25:06 »
hey there,
I'd gladly volunteer to look over all the legends and icons.
I got a degree in graphics design and hence some experience with icons, typo, layout etc.
... so if I can do something, feel free to let me know.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1151 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 14:34:03 »
hey there,
I got a degree in graphics design and hence some experience with icons, typo, layout etc.

This is very cool!

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #1152 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 16:18:36 »
AFAICT you are getting an email confirmations for each order, not each set (at least that happened to me.)

For the record, I'm wrong -- just got yet another confirmation email (after 2 days..) If it's one per set there are a few yet to come I guess. Still wish they would send just a single, detailed invoice.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1153 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 16:39:59 »
hey there,

posting everything tomorrow, stay tuned!

Offline H4g3N

« Reply #1154 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 18:21:11 »
Really, a lot of work.
Just want you to know that I'm really appreciating your hard work, man! Can't wait to try them on!

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1155 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 18:27:20 »
so the font isn't going to be the one that is pictured in the 3d rendering?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1156 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 20:24:19 »
One of our exalted elders should organize a tour of SP for themselves and shoot some video and get some interviews with different people. This could be used in the Thockumentary (!)

Already happened, albeit a while ago: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34521.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1157 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 02:34:19 »

why you say so? the font is the one pictured.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1158 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 03:50:52 »

And it's good font. It was one of selling points of this set.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1159 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 03:53:35 »

To me the legends suit the DSA keycap shape very well.  And where else but centred would you have legends on DSA?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1160 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 03:59:00 »

To me the legends suit the DSA keycap shape very well.  And where else but centred would you have legends on DSA?

When I'll get my Cyrillic set, I'll show you :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 04:08:42 »

When I'll get my Cyrillic set, I'll show you :)

Two legends on one keycap excepted :p

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1162 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 06:35:59 »
Please review all the legends

http://imgur.com/a/jqke0 (click on images, they are quite high res)

Those are not the kits! Just the legends (ie: no doubles or blanks). There are still some very little corrections that need to done, but we are getting really close.

Please check typos, line width and uniformity!

The source files are now all paths (no more fonts, you don't need gotham to view the file). If you think you can help working directly on the source files please let me know privately, but bear in mind that I work on Inkscape.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Curetia

« Reply #1163 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 10:26:43 »
Looks good to me :)
I only wondering because I only got 3 mails but ordered 9 kits, is this normal?

Offline mougrim

« Reply #1164 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 13:46:29 »
Looks good to me :)
I only wondering because I only got 3 mails but ordered 9 kits, is this normal?
It's OK. No, really :)

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1165 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:38:00 »
You should make BACKSPACE one word. So instead of BACK SPACE, BACKSPACE.

I think it looks neater.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1166 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 17:00:23 »
You should make BACKSPACE one word. So instead of BACK SPACE, BACKSPACE.

I think it looks neater.

How is it normally written?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1167 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 17:20:14 »
when on one line on *modern keyboards*, one word. All DSA sets I have from SP have "back space" in two words though.

Offline vierax

« Reply #1168 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 17:35:45 »
BKSP is even shorter  :p

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1169 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 17:37:16 »
Any Spanish guy bought the international set? Please contact me ASAP I have some questions!

Thanks!

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #1170 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 17:45:01 »
alright,
I've been looking at those legends for quite some time now.
I think you did a really good job... love the arrows in the base set.
And I think you did an even better job with icons than with the typo.
That said, I see the problems you came across with the Typo.
It's a pretty wide font, and it's nice, but makes it difficult when reaching horizontal limits sometimes.

The Base set is pretty alright. I like the redesign of the "@"... looks a lot better than before.

So concerning the typo-mods I have this for you:

I like how you are using the same font size for the "F"keys and the esc, home, del, end keys.
And to me this is the most problematic set maybe in the entire GB.
You have to go with a smaller font for "page up" "page down" and an even smaller one for "print screen", "scroll lock" and "pause break". Meaning you use three different size fonts in the mods... also in case of "end" and "page down" next to each other you have a slight variation. This is most problematic because you feel something is off but you don't know if it really is (not sure if understandable what I mean)... I would say a small difference in this case is much worse than an obvious one (like with "F"row and "print screen" etc.),

because with an obvious one you know what you got and you realize the difference right away.
So I would strongly reccomend to get rid of one of the three font sizes. I think it will make the overall appearance much calmer and more consistant. (If I had to do it, I would change "page up" & "page down"... trying to bring it so the same size as the "end" etc. by just using "up" and "down" (the spacing for "down" between letters has a little room for you to save width I think)... and everybody knows it's "page" anyways.
Maybe this also works for "print" instead of "print screen"... what you're doing right here is to have all three caps with dual lines/words... to make a variation there would make it more inconsistant.
I know this is difficult and it also doesn't make a lot of sense to make the "F"row and "Esc" smaller.

concerning the icon mods:

First of all let me say your Icons present a real reason to buy this set in the first place. I like the consistancy of stroke weight... it's very clean to look at. Bravo.
The only thing that meets my eye here is that (again) the "pageup" and "pagedown" icons appear as very long (especially compared to "pos1" and "end" (which I like a lot) and also rather heavy and a little over-present because of the horizontal strokes. I would look for a simpler solution there. (your "ins" is very elegant for example)
One very tiny thing: I would think about whether I need the dots inside the circles of the "print screen"icon. Without it should look cleaner.

Mono Legends:

the key next to space invader (don't know what it's called) could bleed in the middle... these strokes in the middle are very very thin.

Nerdom:

Also I'd be concerned about bleeding with those white dots inside your Robot.

Hope I could be of help and also hope you guys could follow my english.

Offline TBone

« Reply #1171 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 18:38:41 »
I agree with changing backspace to one word and not having three different font sizes between the different keys. It seems a little busy.

EDIT: After looking at Macross, I think the different font sizes will come out looking good.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 April 2014, 21:34:17 by TBone »

Offline jdeblese

« Reply #1172 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 19:02:29 »
I like the "BACK SPACE" as two words...

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1173 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 19:08:38 »
Any Spanish guy bought the international set? Please contact me ASAP I have some questions!

Thanks!

Uh.. I'm Spanish but I didn't buy the international set. I don't think I count.

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1174 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 21:06:09 »
i think you should make a poll about backspace being one word or two words. And also a poll for the font sizes.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1175 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 22:44:59 »
Please review all the legends

http://imgur.com/a/jqke0 (click on images, they are quite high res)

Those are not the kits! Just the legends (ie: no doubles or blanks). There are still some very little corrections that need to done, but we are getting really close.

Please check typos, line width and uniformity!

The source files are now all paths (no more fonts, you don't need gotham to view the file). If you think you can help working directly on the source files please let me know privately, but bear in mind that I work on Inkscape.

Thanks for your help!

Looks good to me Matt.  Great work

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 01:46:01 »
I like the "BACK SPACE" as two words...
Same.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 02:15:46 »

Thank you Elias, that is exactly the feedback I was looking for!

because with an obvious one you know what you got and you realize the difference right away.
So I would strongly reccomend to get rid of one of the three font sizes. I think it will make the overall appearance much calmer and more consistant. (If I had to do it, I would change "page up" & "page down"... trying to bring it so the same size as the "end" etc. by just using "up" and "down" (the spacing for "down" between letters has a little room for you to save width I think)... and everybody knows it's "page" anyways.
Maybe this also works for "print" instead of "print screen"... what you're doing right here is to have all three caps with dual lines/words... to make a variation there would make it more inconsistant.
I know this is difficult and it also doesn't make a lot of sense to make the "F"row and "Esc" smaller.

Thank you for bringing this out. My original idea was to use just two font sizes and place all the top right legends on one line. (look at a preliminary mock-up: http://i.imgur.com/D5vz2aC.jpg ) I still think that THAT is the right way to go.

Problem is that people crucified me for that. They go in division-by-zero if they don't read the whole word and I've been vehemently asked to write everything down. That's what I did and unfortunately I have to reduce font size for that.

I tried to reduce the space between letters, but I'm not a big fan of that (look at how inconsistent the realforce legends are).

So. Any suggestions?

The only thing that meets my eye here is that (again) the "pageup" and "pagedown" icons appear as very long (especially compared to "pos1" and "end" (which I like a lot) and also rather heavy and a little over-present because of the horizontal strokes. I would look for a simpler solution there. (your "ins" is very elegant for example)

Mh, I haven't thought about that. Maybe I could simply reduce the size of the horizontal lines... Thanks for noticing anyway I'll have a look at it.

One very tiny thing: I would think about whether I need the dots inside the circles of the "print screen"icon. Without it should look cleaner.

I agree they are not strictly necessary.

the key next to space invader (don't know what it's called) could bleed in the middle... these strokes in the middle are very very thin.

There's very little I can do here. That is a logo and I can't change it too much. Actually I've already increased the spacings here and there. I could remove the middle strokes but that wouldn't be the same logo anymore. SP will let me have a test run, so I guess if it turns out too mangled, I'll work on something.

I wanted to avoid a big chunk of black, but maybe I can break it with a belt.

RE backspace:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40175.0;attach=36979;image

http://i.imgur.com/5mR7fo2.jpg

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s594/capitalistix/dsc00918u_zps900be79c.jpg

http://www.otd.kr/data/file/album/1893500430_98a06fb7_9991.jpg
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 April 2014, 02:31:18 by Matt3o »

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:14:19 »

Thank you Elias, that is exactly the feedback I was looking for!

Thank you for bringing this out. My original idea was to use just two font sizes and place all the top right legends on one line. (look at a preliminary mock-up: http://i.imgur.com/D5vz2aC.jpg ) I still think that THAT is the right way to go.

Problem is that people crucified me for that. They go in division-by-zero if they don't read the whole word and I've been vehemently asked to write everything down. That's what I did and unfortunately I have to reduce font size for that.

I tried to reduce the space between letters, but I'm not a big fan of that (look at how inconsistent the realforce legends are).

So. Any suggestions?

Mh, I haven't thought about that. Maybe I could simply reduce the size of the horizontal lines... Thanks for noticing anyway I'll have a look at it.

I agree they are not strictly necessary.

There's very little I can do here. That is a logo and I can't change it too much. Actually I've already increased the spacings here and there. I could remove the middle strokes but that wouldn't be the same logo anymore. SP will let me have a test run, so I guess if it turns out too mangled, I'll work on something.

I wanted to avoid a big chunk of black, but maybe I can break it with a belt.

RE backspace:

Nice work

edit:
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:22:50 by gainz8 »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:16:31 »
I'm trying to imply that both versions are legit and I picked the 2 words one.

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:20:34 »
Your original Idea, Matt3o, concerning the text-mods is very reasonsable. Going for consistancy in lines and font-size... however I understand that the comunity wants their words  ;).
But... (of course there is one)... given that you do not, and with this font can not, write out "insert" and "delete" anyways in the 6 keys block, it shouldn't upset people to much having the "pgup" and "pgdn" (which because you use capitals all the way would also look good) in the same block (it's a reasonable argument too)... that way I think you should be able to go with the big font size there and have a very nice 6 keys block.
For the "scroll lock", "print screen" and "pause break" as it is you don't have an option (because "scroll" and "screen" are killers), so I would stick with the smaller size for these three keys... then see how it looks in the layout.
Also if you stick with the smaller size I would feel (sry for bringing another problem) like you would have to go with that "rule" for "num lock" as well.

One more small thing that maybe helps optimize the dual lines for "print screen" etc:
Notice how subjectively the vertical space between "print" and "screen" (because of the smaller font size) looks relatively bigger than say the one between "caps" and "lock". You could try to reduce that space by just a very small (almost not noticable bit) in order to make the two lines stick together just a little bit more.

Spacing between letters, yes, I see why you don't like it and it's difficult to judge too. With those wide Capitals however it is possible to a degree. In this font for example "down" is a real killer because of the "w"-spacing. Usually the spacing is mostly done with bigger headline-fonts and the font you chose comes well spaced and doesn't really need it. But it turnes out also not to be the solution here, I think, because it still offers too little possibilities.   

As for the Logo, it's good that you have a test-run... that way you can take the risk, I guess.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:31:49 »
some more insight.

for PRINT SCREEN and smaller sized legends I had to reduce font AND increase letter spacing because I had also to add some outline to make it uniform (it would be too thin otherwise). So reducing letter spacing on small legends is really a no-no.

I could live with PGUP and PGDN, as I said, that's how it was meant, but people don't like it, I don't really know why. I'm a bit tied here. We discussed about it in the IC and very few was agreeing with me... so... I may try to make a poll but I guess I already know the result.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1183 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:49:03 »
some more insight.

for PRINT SCREEN and smaller sized legends I had to reduce font AND increase letter spacing because I had also to add some outline to make it uniform (it would be too thin otherwise). So reducing letter spacing on small legends is really a no-no.

I could live with PGUP and PGDN, as I said, that's how it was meant, but people don't like it, I don't really know why. I'm a bit tied here. We discussed about it in the IC and very few was agreeing with me... so... I may try to make a poll but I guess I already know the result.

I definitely prefer as many things spelled out as possible, but if PGUP and PGDN will look better It won't bother me.

Do what you think will make the set turn out the best :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #1184 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:51:33 »
you're right, for the small font there's really no way to decrease letter spacing (it was more something I thought of when looking at the word "DOWN")

I hope there will be a solution for the 6keys block however... a lot of keyboard legends in my opinion have too little respect for the corresponding looks from one key to another. For me personally breaking a line of one-line typo is a really big thing I would want to avoid if somehow possible. (I would also, in general, like the implementation of the key position in the concept from time to time... it would be sufficient for keys to just say "page" when clearly one of them is up and the other down... but at the same time most people want what they are used to, I guess.)

Your only other option would be to go small legends all the way for the 6keys block also. But you would have too see how this looks in the full layout and also probably wou would STILL not be able to write "insert" and "delete" in the full word.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1185 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 04:53:18 »
Do what you think will make the set turn out the best :thumb:

Seconded. Matt, do what you think is best, I trust your judgement.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1186 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:34:01 »
you should do a poll on the backspace

Offline vierax

« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 07:02:36 »
You shouldn't do a poll for a space, this is nonsense. Elias pointed some other problems that are way better to spend your energy.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 08:28:27 »
I modified the page up/down like so

I reduced letter spacing of a fraction of a mm and increased font size. "DOWN" is a pinch outside the "safe area" but still in the printable area. Since I'll have a test run I believe we can risk.

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 09:08:10 »
I like it. The "DOWN" is still well spaced.
Also the vertical space between the two words feels better now.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 09:20:45 »
I like it. The "DOWN" is still well spaced.
Also the vertical space between the two words feels better now.

let's hope it fits the keycap :/

Offline PhineasRex

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 13:25:14 »
I am in favor of PGUP and PGDN, but I am only one person.

Offline skuko

« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 14:13:27 »
I am in favor of PGUP and PGDN, but I am only one person.

this...i mean - it's a bit inconsistent....if you go PAGE UP, you should also go INSERT and DELETE instead of INS/DEL, i don't like have some of the words abbreviated and some not....just consistency, is all.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 April 2014, 14:15:15 by skuko »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 14:30:07 »
Looking for text modifiers if anyone has an extra set or if they don't want it.

Can pay ASAP :)

Offline TBone

« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 14:34:58 »

I think it does look better with either all INSERT, DELETE, PAUSE, etc. spelled out - as in the 2nd and 3rd links (I especially like the 3rd one).

It may just be my preference, but I think the first and last links look messier and kind of too busy with their layouts.

Offline gainz8

« Reply #1195 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 18:03:06 »
You shouldn't do a poll for a space, this is nonsense. Elias pointed some other problems that are way better to spend your energy.

yea you're right. and two tiny dots and a line being too thin isn't nonsense at all.

Offline vierax

« Reply #1196 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 18:36:26 »
Looking for text modifiers if anyone has an extra set or if they don't want it.

Can pay ASAP :)
I think I have what you're looking for into my unused caps I'm in France, could be a problem with shipping price :/

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #1197 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 20:04:51 »
Are there any projected timelines out there for the manufacturing and packaging of this group buy? I'm super anxious and all the legends debate/delay is making me sad

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #1198 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:29:48 »
Relax, IIRC signature plastics is on Easter holiday anyways. These things ALWAYS happen with group buys and are to be expected.

Offline MrClaus

• MrClaus
« Reply #1199 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:38:53 »
Hey guys I ordered some sets in this GB and then added some more sets in a later order. Do any of you have any problem with paypal? My order status states its complete on my later order (dated 15th april) but another status shows it's pending on my earlier order(dated 7th april). Even tho it states this, my debit card is still charged on both orders. Should I be worried?