Author Topic: MKC Keycap Puller  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
MKC Keycap Puller
« on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 20:06:53 »
Pics tomorrow

Pros:
Wire Puller
100% metal
Relatively cheap-$6 (On par with plastic+wire pullers)

Cons:
Small handle
Super long wire
Not very open

Other:
Makes a cool resonating sound when you flick the wire :p

This review is primarily in comparision with my cherry wire puller.

Its a great, cheap product that will last some time. All the benifits of a wire puller

Problems are that the wire comes formed without much of a gap between the two wires. But it bends out after a  bit
The other problem is that the wire is quite long, which results in a somewhat unwieldy use

At the end of the day, I would use the MKC puller for its looks and for taking caps off dirty boards (because its so easy to just rinse off) but I prefer my Cherry puller, as the wire is easier to work with
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 March 2014, 20:51:06 by Pacifist »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: MKC Keycap Puller
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:21:12 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 22:23:21 »
make sure not to be too rough with it, i've heard these break easy where the wire meets the metal of the handle

of course you could test it out and see how many times you have to bend it back and forth for it to break

Offline avtar

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 13:20:43 »
make sure not to be too rough with it, i've heard these break easy where the wire meets the metal of the handle

of course you could test it out and see how many times you have to bend it back and forth for it to break

This sucks :( I picked one up during the last Massdrop group buy. Do you have any links to posts that document this issue?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 March 2014, 13:31:53 »

This sucks :( I picked one up during the last Massdrop group buy. Do you have any links to posts that document this issue?

I didn't mean to convey they aren't good key pullers just don't go crazy bending it a lot.

I can't point to a specific occurrence I've just gotten the general impression from people who have had these and had problems that it can be an issue. But that could have been with the ones that were released some time ago, these may be improved.

I know the one I have looks like it wouldn't take much to break it.