Author Topic: Vibex.info [Dr. Witch, Mummy II and Death Lives Reloaded Review]  (Read 12681 times)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Hello everyone! I started a blog/review site, vibex.info a little while ago, and I figured some of you guys might be interested. I'm still pretty new to this, so if you have any criticism, please let me know. Also you can post comment on my site, or in this thread. I do some non keycap/keyboard reviews, but I won't post them here (unless people want me too).

September 2014
Dr. Witch, Mummy II and Most Importantly Death Lives Reloaded Review

August 2014
SP Granite Set Review

July 2014
Conspire KBK Review

June 2014
JD40 Review

May 2014
SP DSA Dolch Key Cap Set Review
More KBK Reviews

April 2014
Nugget Hoot Review
Purple Haze Keythulhu v2 Review
Nubs Prototype/Defective Review
Dodgy Keycap Review
Andre The Fly and Rageinald Review

March 2014
Killed By Kaps Review
Gasmask Review
Binge Q&A (Not a review, but I'm sure some of you would be interested in this)
More Binge Cap Reviews
Trifid Nebula Nubbinator Cap Set
Pointycaps
MX Absinthe Slow-Fi
WASD Keycaps
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 September 2014, 21:34:29 by Vibex »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: VIbex.info [Binge Cap Review]
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 14:01:43 »
Nice looking site! I'm reading through your articles now and will post if I have thoughts on the, but for now a couple of readability concerns:

• The white on dark blue is a bit painful to look at. The bright white seems to bleed into the surrounding blue making it both blurry and hard to focus on.
  • While the symmetry of centered paragraphs is aesthetically pleasing, it slows down reading significantly.

Keep it up!

Edit: One small factual correction: the "Cycap" in this article is actually a Hard Knock Woz. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 March 2014, 14:03:21 by riotonthebay »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 14:40:14 »
Nice looking site! I'm reading through your articles now and will post if I have thoughts on the, but for now a couple of readability concerns:

• The white on dark blue is a bit painful to look at. The bright white seems to bleed into the surrounding blue making it both blurry and hard to focus on.
  • While the symmetry of centered paragraphs is aesthetically pleasing, it slows down reading significantly.

Keep it up!

Edit: One small factual correction: the "Cycap" in this article is actually a Hard Knock Woz. :)
Fixed the cap name. As for the weird font, that might be on your end. What browser and default font are you using? And the centered might be a problem. I'm using squarespace to host my site, and they make you pay double the price if you want to edit the html instead of using their built in editor.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:06:54 »
great read! looking forward to see how the site progresses  :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:11:49 »

Keep it up!

Fixed the cap name. As for the weird font, that might be on your end. What browser and default font are you using? And the centered might be a problem. I'm using squarespace to host my site, and they make you pay double the price if you want to edit the html instead of using their built in editor.

It's not that the font is "weird," just that it's very bright and the contrast is striking against the dark background :). I'm running Chrome on OS X 10.9. The font family "Ubuntu" is being rendered for paragraphs.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 15:19:28 »
great read! looking forward to see how the site progresses  :thumb:
Thanks! :) I'm planning to do a review of some of nub's new caps when they arrive, and I also have some gasmask's to review. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some of your keycaps, and some Zombro's when they go on sale. I'm also planning on doing a review on my Tex Yoda, whenever that arrives.  ;D

It's not that the font is "weird," just that it's very bright and the contrast is striking against the dark background :). I'm running Chrome on OS X 10.9. The font family "Ubuntu" is being rendered for paragraphs.
Alright, I'll darken the white a bit when I get the chance. Thanks for letting me know!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 17:22:28 »
Looking great man :) review samples ye yea
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 17:39:53 »
Looking great man :) review samples ye yea
Thanks again dude. I'm particularly fond of the Egyptian Swag Keythulhu. His colours have really grown on me. I really wish he matched some of my other stuff though so I could actually use him. :p

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Gasmask Review]
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 18:45:45 »
Just posted a Review of Gasmask keycaps. My camera is still acting werid, but I hope to sort that out soon!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Killed By Kaps Review]
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 21:58:26 »
Last review for March just went up.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 22:26:59 »
Whoa great review! The caps are amazing and very popular already! :) I liked reading this, good Job.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 22:31:29 »
Whoa great review! The caps are amazing and very popular already! :) I liked reading this, good Job.
Thanks! I find it fun to do, so I plan to continue as long as I can afford things to buy. :p

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:33:49 »
Andre The Fly and Rageinald Review just went up. Will have more Nub reviews up soon.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Dodgy Keycaps Review]
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:42:38 »
Dodgy Keycap Review just went up. :D

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Nubs Prototype/Defective Review]
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 21:44:42 »
New Nub review just went up. ;D
Also feel free to comment, I don't bite.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:47:36 »
I was promised more reviews!  Deliver OP! DELIVER!!!  :p

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:57:07 »
I was promised more reviews!  Deliver OP! DELIVER!!!  :p
There coming, don't worry. I'm writing your Purple Haze keythulhu v2 review (thats a mouthful) right now. I also got my Nugget Hoot today, and that  will probably go up this weekend. I meant to have the Purple Haze review up a day or two ago, but I've become mildly addicted to CandyBox2.  :p It has litterally devoured all of my time.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:39:21 by Vibex »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:39:28 »
The review is now up!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:55:14 »
The review is now up!

Thanks for the update and another spot on your blog :)

Interesting opinion on the colors.  I'd really want to see a list of your favorite colors some time in palette format

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 17:02:31 »
The review is now up!

Thanks for the update and another spot on your blog :)

Interesting opinion on the colors.  I'd really want to see a list of your favorite colors some time in palette format
Not really a list of my favourite colours, but on my deviant art page you can see the colours I generally prefer for my computer. http://nomnomking.deviantart.com/gallery/39326709
In the future I may try and put together a real list though.

Fixed the thread title. ;D

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
Re: VIbex.info [Purple Haze Keythulhu v2 Review]
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 17:26:07 »
I really like your site.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Purple Haze Keythulhu v2 Review]
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 17:38:51 »
I really like your site.
Thanks ;D
I really want to clean it up a little, and add some more things related to UI design since that is another huge time sink of mine. Might try and start on that tonight.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: VIbex.info [Nugget Hoot Review]
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:31:32 »
Nugget Hoot Review is now live! ;D

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 14:05:29 »
well i may disagree with a lot of things you said in the review its your opinion, these will still be favorite caps ever  :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 14:17:37 »
well i may disagree with a lot of things you said in the review its your opinion, these will still be favorite caps ever  :thumb:
I figured you would. :))
I like Hoots, They are just not my favourite. But like I said in the review, if Binge fixes the things I complained about and releases a v2, you won't be the only one trying to grab all of the Hoots. :p

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:10:57 »
Note:  The hoot is a design made by my Fiancee.  I do nothing but fill the eyes.

Note #2:  All money spent by customers on hoots go directly to help pay off her student loans.  Her goal in life, so far, has been to study and work with birds.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:14:03 by Binge »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 04:01:48 »
Note:  The hoot is a design made by my Fiancee.  I do nothing but fill the eyes.

Note #2:  All money spent by customers on hoots go directly to help pay off her student loans.  Her goal in life, so far, has been to study and work with birds.

Whoa that is awesome to know!!! :D

Great review!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 07:06:51 »
Note:  The hoot is a design made by my Fiancée.  I do nothing but fill the eyes.

Thats really cool. I would have been less harsh if I had known it wasn't the great and mighty Binge who designed it. That would also explain some of the differences between the Hoot and your other caps.
Well tell your Fiancée hi and that I wish her the best in following her dream. :thumb:

EDIT: I updated the review letting people know that these are designed by your Fiancée.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 07:11:19 by Vibex »

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 23:34:52 »
Note:  The hoot is a design made by my Fiancée.  I do nothing but fill the eyes.

Thats really cool. I would have been less harsh if I had known it wasn't the great and mighty Binge who designed it. That would also explain some of the differences between the Hoot and your other caps.
Well tell your Fiancée hi and that I wish her the best in following her dream. :thumb:

EDIT: I updated the review letting people know that these are designed by your Fiancée.  ;D

I'll tell her to read this thread and she'll read your best wishes :)

You don't have to hold back a criticism because of who designed the key.  I released on my website and it deserves the attention and opinions that come along with being on Bingecap.com along with the rest of the designs.

Thanks for letting people know that they aren't a 100% Binge-made item, but please be respectful to her-  I taught her how to cast to my standards, and so her work is Bingecap just as much as my work is Bingecap until she sees fit to distinguish herself separately.  As such she deserves the recognition and the full criticism.  If knowing who made the cap should never make you less harsh if you want to be truthful to the artists working on these pieces.

You have solid points and the original review was great criticism that came from you, and if you would be kind enough to alter it just a bit further to say that it is not Binge-made or something of the like I would be indebted.  Beating a dead horse here-- yeah it wasn't me who made the cap, but she's done everything I've asked her to do to get the design released on my site and she is part of Bingecap.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 13:58:44 »

I'll tell her to read this thread and she'll read your best wishes :)

You don't have to hold back a criticism because of who designed the key.  I released on my website and it deserves the attention and opinions that come along with being on Bingecap.com along with the rest of the designs.

Thanks for letting people know that they aren't a 100% Binge-made item, but please be respectful to her-  I taught her how to cast to my standards, and so her work is Bingecap just as much as my work is Bingecap until she sees fit to distinguish herself separately.  As such she deserves the recognition and the full criticism.  If knowing who made the cap should never make you less harsh if you want to be truthful to the artists working on these pieces.

You have solid points and the original review was great criticism that came from you, and if you would be kind enough to alter it just a bit further to say that it is not Binge-made or something of the like I would be indebted.  Beating a dead horse here-- yeah it wasn't me who made the cap, but she's done everything I've asked her to do to get the design released on my site and she is part of Bingecap.  Thanks again for your efforts.
Sorry I wasn't trying to cause any offense. I just have a certain set of expectations for people like you and HipsterPunk. I didn't mean to imply it was bad, just that it wasn't really what I would expect from you. The art style feels different, and it's less Binge-like overall (whatever that means). Despite this though, I don't really think it's fair to treat her on the same level as you when doing a review. Objectively yes, my criticism still stands. But subjectively, knowing that this isn't something she has done for as long as you, I feel I have to give some leeway. I did the same thing when I wrote Dodgy's review. Objectively they were nowhere near as good as Binge Caps or KBK's, but taking into account the fact that he has only be doing this for a few months, I can't hold him to the same standards. He, and your Fiancee, both have less experience in keycap making. It takes some time for the Pupil to reach the same level as the master.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 18:11:45 »
It takes some time for the Pupil to reach the same level as the master.

She would kick your ass :p

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 18:47:20 »
It takes some time for the Pupil to reach the same level as the master.

She would kick your ass :p
;D

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 19:33:54 »
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I had some computer troubles, but it's all sorted out now. ;D I have already written my notes for the next review (it will be on some of the newer KBK caps) and the review should be up either late tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 22:32:56 »
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. I had some computer troubles, but it's all sorted out now. ;D I have already written my notes for the next review (it will be on some of the newer KBK caps) and the review should be up either late tonight or tomorrow.
Review is now up! ;D

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 22:42:03 »
Review is now up! ;D

Fantastic Review sir! I agree the Karma Bat is perfect. The Death Lives collection is looking good! The V1 DL is a cool looking profile.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 22:56:26 »
Review is now up! ;D

Fantastic Review sir! I agree the Karma Bat is perfect. The Death Lives collection is looking good! The V1 DL is a cool looking profile.
Thanks! Glad your enjoying the Karma Bat. ;D

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: Vibex.info [More KBK Reviews]
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 11:36:38 »
I'm gonna be away this weekend, but when I get back I'll have a review of my SP DSA Dolch keycaps. ;D

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 13:22:55 »
So the SP DSA Dolch keycap review was supposed to come out today, but I cut my hand pretty badly with a knife and can only type with one hand. Not sure when the review will come out. :(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 17:27:45 »
So the SP DSA Dolch keycap review was supposed to come out today, but I cut my hand pretty badly with a knife and can only type with one hand. Not sure when the review will come out. :(

Oh wow, hope you heal quick man!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 18:08:51 »

Sorry to hear about that man, but I figure the almighty bacon-gods spared you the pain of typing on DSA :p

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 18:19:29 »

Oh wow, hope you heal quick man!

Sorry to hear about that man, but I figure the almighty bacon-gods spared you the pain of typing on DSA :p
Thanks for the concern guys. When I first cut myself I was afraid I nicked a vain, but it seems I didn't. :thumb: Still a deep cut, but I decided to work through the pain (like the macho man I am :))), and the review is now up.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: Vibex.info [SP DSA Dolch Key Cap Set Review]
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 18:22:27 »
Now onto DSA as a whole. It's perfect!

we will agree to disagree, sir.  :(

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 18:28:41 »
Now onto DSA as a whole. It's perfect!

we will agree to disagree, sir.  :(
Everyone can have their own opinion. Even of it's a wrong opinion.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:30:32 »
A few things.
1. I made some changes to the url of the review page, so if you see any broken links let me know.
2. I got my JD40, Tex Yoda, and Emily Blunt Nubs recently, so expect some reviews soon. :thumb:

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 14:52:25 »
Finally got around to doing a short review of my JD40.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 15:12:00 »
Good review, however I have a comment about your site - All the text being centered makes it a bit of a pain to read.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Vibex.info [JD40 Review]
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 15:19:03 »
Whoa, love the review man! This is Forsure one of my dream boards right here. JD Built my Poker X and has worked on my Leopold and my Ducky Mini. I'd love one of these some day! Beautiful!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 15:25:18 »
Good review, however I have a comment about your site - All the text being centered makes it a bit of a pain to read.
I few people have told me this. I've changed it for this review, and I'll do it for all future reviews. :thumb:

Whoa, love the review man! This is Forsure one of my dream boards right here. JD Built my Poker X and has worked on my Leopold and my Ducky Mini. I'd love one of these some day! Beautiful!
I love the board. It will be my daily driver for awhile.
The smallfry/jd40 group buy is coming up, so keep an eye out for that.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 15:26:52 »
I few people have told me this. I've changed it for this review, and I'll do it for all future reviews. :thumb:
Ahh good, it looks great now  :thumb:

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: Vibex.info [JD40 Review]
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:17:47 »
Over the past week or two I've been trying to come up with a review of the Tex Yoda, but there really isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said before. Does anyone really want me to write up a review for it? Because of not, I'll just stop worrying about it.