Author Topic: Blue Alps Review  (Read 2196 times)

Offline BlueBär

Blue Alps Review
« on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 18:31:06 »

I posted this in Akimbo's Blue Alps tour thread already but I thought I'd put it here as well. It's just a short video and probably not as awesome as Captain's review, but it should give you an idea how the switch sounds and how it compares to other, more common switches. It's also available in 1080p, yay! Any criticism is appreciated.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Blue Alps Review
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:04:35 »
Thanks for the shoutouts my German bro! I was into it and I had some comments for you.

Some Feedback:

• Kind of lose your train of thought at around 2:30; there are a lot of "um".
  • The demonstration is kind of weird. You should show a Matias switch to show the actuation point but not an MX to compare. I appreciate you trying to clearly show the actuation difference though.
  • If you're doing sound tests, the keyboards should be in their case.
  • If you're making a YouTube review, you should describe who Captain BadAss is. A lot of people might not know who you are or who I am and are just browsing YouTube for videos to watch. It'd be nice to tell them about GeekHack too. Perhaps you can add some info to the video description on YouTube?
  • The audio quality and video quality are amazing and your mount is very stable. No shaking. And you can see the color of the stems, and even the cap colors very well. Nice BroBot :P
  • Are you wearing a turtleneck?? That's how you wanna be known on the internet? Turtlenecked German guy with nice videos? :P

But overall, it was a great review and I really like how clearly you can hear the differences between the switches. Keep em coming! :D

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:29:08 »
Kind of lose your train of thought at around 2:30; there are a lot of "um".

Lack of words - it's hard to describe something that is even hard to describe in your native language :-X
This is my second try of this video, trust me, the first one was worse :))

The demonstration is kind of weird. You should show a Matias switch to show the actuation point but not an MX to compare. I appreciate you trying to clearly show the actuation difference though.

The Matias is there to show how after the tactile point - in this case the click - the switch gets very light and depresses "by itself". But yes a MX Blue for comparison would have been a good idea :thumb:

If you're doing sound tests, the keyboards should be in their case.

I don't have cases for either of those boards :(

If you're making a YouTube review, you should describe who Captain BadAss is. A lot of people might not know who you are or who I am and are just browsing YouTube for videos to watch. It'd be nice to tell them about GeekHack too. Perhaps you can add some info to the video description on YouTube?

Good idea, I'll add something. I'll make a video annotation to your review.

The audio quality and video quality are amazing and your mount is very stable. No shaking. And you can see the color of the stems, and even the cap colors very well. Nice BroBot :P

I'm actually not too happy about the audio quality - a bit too much noise. The camera is mounted on a Hama tripod.
It's actually this beautiful Hard Knock Waz by nubbinator!

Are you wearing a turtleneck?? That's how you wanna be known on the internet? Turtlenecked German guy with nice videos? :P

Oo where did you see a turtleneck? I ain't wearin no turtlenecks! :p
More
58846-0

Cozy as **** :3

But overall, it was a great review and I really like how clearly you can hear the differences between the switches. Keep em coming! :D

Thank you and thanks for the feedback!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 19:59:40 »
Oh dude your sleeve totally looked like a turtleneck hahaha. :D